London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Great hostel and value for money! The hostel ia very close to the Hendo central underground station 30 seconds by walking. Nice and helpful staff( Danie and Andre) and friendly enviroment. I loved the beds with curtains, light, little shelf and sockets. The curtains gave a lot of privacy in the 18 bed shared room. The hostel is well located, close to little supermarkets , restaurants and bars that are open late at night. London backpackers had a great vibe. The common kitchen is a bit small.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Greece

I like staying here because I know I can get a quiet dorm, with my own reading light & sockets to charge my computer, and there's a good breakfast in the morning. And they have an iron - very useful when I'm off to interviews! Location is great, just across the road from a Northern Line station, so very convenient for getting around the city.

When we arrived our beds hadn't been changed , but to be fair to the staff they came and changed all the bedding however in the mean time they removed the curtain from my bunk so I had NO privacy & a room with 17 other people that's not great . The bathrooms are not located near the room, instead they were a floor up which isn't great in the night when you wake up The bathrooms left a lot to be desired they smelt & the smell was in the corridor as you came up . Beds were fine, staff were fab

I noticed lots of people in the reviews about this place complain about the cleanliness. Considering there can be at least 50 of us sharing three bathrooms, it's really not their fault. And so long as I at least clean up after myself properly (and others, if it comes down to it), it's really not a bad place to be. Breakfasts are good, lounge is a nice hang-out spot, it's close to a couple of pizza places and grocers, and the Underground is right next door. Can't get any better than that!

• 1st Oct 2015

I made a mistake and missed my check in date. However the staffs were very accommodating and found me a new room to stay in immediately. Overall I really enjoy my stay here!

There was a funny smell in the hallway. Overall good :)

• 30th Sep 2015

I probably wouldn't stay here again. Run down. Kitchen was extremely cramped and grubby. Top bunk of the triple decker bunks was pretty high and a bit dangerous to climb down. Not a pleasant atmosphere as too many people in one room and no one wanting to socialise because the common areas are pretty dingy. Really close to the tube station which is good and the staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful.

Great little hostel! Met some cool people and had good times. The place was clean, the wifi was decent, the beds were comfy and had good atmosphere between those that wanted it. Would go back!!

bit far from center but great staff and atmosphere

Did not get good vibes from this place from the minute I walked in. It's a 40 min tube ride to anything worth seeing in London. Metal lockers dragged against the bottom of my bed and inconsiderate dorm mates kept me up all night. Planned to initially stay a few nights, wanted to reduce stay to one night but they still charged me for two. Whatever, it's cheap for a reason...

Everything was pretty good, except the state of the male toilets wich weren't as clean as you might expect, especially in the evening.

• 26th Sep 2015

Location is far from center,and the toilet and bed room smell bad,I have no idea why. If you want to go to center by bus,it takes around 40 minutes. One reception is not friendly ,he does not has any passion to help people.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Taiwan

This hostel is very out of the way!! Not anywhere near central London, I spent nearly 40pounds on the metro. Their desk is not 24/7, so when I had check out early to catch My flight and wanted to return the key and get my deposit (5pounds) back no one was willing to help me. I don't recommend this hostel, Staff were either clueless or unhelpful!

Thank you guys for making my trip to London so good! See you next year! x (Ps: please serve other fruit juice at breakfast, this one wasn't great ;) )

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Belgium

18 bed dorm. Detention Camp-like but cant complain when you're only paying half of what would cost you otherwise.

I really enjoyed my stay in London Backpackers hostel! It's a nice atmosphere, especially because of the staff members, very nice, easy going boys. I had a lot of fun, enjoyed the morning breakfasts, made new friends and played a fun game together with dorm mates and some staff members, wich was really nice for all of us to connect. And for the money you pay, you get a lot! So I recommend you to go to this place and experience it for yourself! :)

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

There is a poop smell in the hallway by the bathrooms. Also the doors to go out and in of the building were always lokced from both sides which was annoying. And there was hardly ever anyone at reception.

Cleanliness is not their strong point. The bedroom smelled real bad and apparently all the cleaning consisted in changing the sheets after check out. The toilet brushes next to the men's toilettes are always full of urine. As for the staff, the manager is friendly and helpful, but the Australian guy that works there was very rude to us, as well as the the guy that works at night.

We stayed here for 5 nights. Good location. Only 30/40 minutes to Central London. Hostel situated right across Underground station. Nice neighbourhood. Staff was great. Value for money. Decent breakfast and clean rooms. Only thing which slightly bothered me was that the men's toilets always reeked of urine (maybe they could be washed more often?). Other than that minor thing, everything was great. Would stay here again!

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Malta

I really liked the staff. It was a good price too.

• 17th Sep 2015