London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

I asked to view the room and pictures couldn't be sent. I wasn't able to preview the room at all before purchasing. The room was very small. There was a hole in the wall with garbage stuffed in it. I felt that the price for the stay should have been cheaper for the overall value of the facility. For a space that small and with holes in the walls the price was outrageous.

• 11th Apr 2014

To have a bed in the dormitory onthe 1st floor, and have the bathroom on the 2nd one was not really convinient. The storage under bed would have been better if a lock should have been provided, not sell. The staff provided all the information for the house within 2 minutes. As it is quite a big house, they should have shown the way up, and around to the main fascilities. We were looking for our room for long, than there was some trouble with the code, and lock as it worked reversed. Simplify it!

The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. I felt like they really valued me as a customer, especially Stephanie who helped me to navigate my way to the hostel after my show ended late at night.

Very friendly staff! I felt welcome. Good breakfast. Also liked the storage container under the bed.

Great place to meet people

For a short stay in London it's okay. But the atmosphere there is strange. Unfriendly staff in the kitchen. The beds and rooms are very good. Only 3 showers for women aren't appropriate. Location is okay.

• 27th Mar 2014

A really good and one of the cheapest place to stay in London.

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Colombia

Really great hostel, I was surprised the breakfast was included in the price. The staff was very helpful and responsive to my requests. Great value for money. Definitely will come back.

I had a lovely stay. There isn't really anything to complain about. Thank you.

We had a good stay there and its really closed to the underground. Two critics: I missed a basin in our bedroom like I know from other hostels and the music in the badroom was a way too loud for me all the time :(

one male staff is simply unfriendly - takes no care and is impatient with exhausted travellers! Heating system is just not working properly or put off. Water taps and showers are terrible as the guests have to push the trigger every 3 seconds (handwashing) or 30 seconds (shower).

Tiny, draughty and cold single room. Very badly soundproofed, you could hear the hand dryer from across the hall. Very nice and accomodating staff.

Decent hostel overall. Pretty far outside of city center, with not much to do in the local area. The bed in my room were stacked three high, which for some may pose a problem. The up stairs common room was small, yet practical.

I think it cuold has better atmosphere, better location and it was expensive expect the first week. Later I had to pay more money to continue there and I didn´t like that.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I liked the hostel but not the way breakfast is served. Poor hygine. The girl who is in charge of replenishing the food should not take touch the food . I noticed for example she would do all sort of things then go to the fridge, take out cheese with her hands and place it on plate. She did not wash her hands. If touching food it is a must washing hands before and after or wear disposable gloves or use cutlery. Also found hair in the jam. All food has to be covered.

A good London hostel - not in the best location, or the biggest, but very adequate for a short stay.

Good choice if you don't mind the 25 min tube journey to central London + if you're planning just to sleep at the hostel. If staying for a longer time and intending to spend some time in the hostel watching movies etc, not that good.

Staff was very friendly and helpful when we had questions. Great facilities and breakfast in the morning was good!

One of the noisiest backpacker I have ever been into. Also one with the tiniest common room. Avoid this place definitely if you come as a couple because you will get one of the rooms close to the only bathrooms on first floor, and the hand dryers will turn your night in a neverending nightmare. I seriously considered destroying it. Instead we decided to leave this place before our last night, and found a QUIET and FRIENDLY place in WhiteChapel in the Budget category of a well known hotel.

A bit far away from Central London but worth it.