London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Nice hostel. Good location just a few seconds from the underground and bus stop. Easy enough to get into central London or wembley. Overall my stay was most enjoyable.

A bit far from the city, but only about 20min on the underground to everything. Good value for the money I paid, but not spectacular. The room smelled like a locker room due to the high amount of people (18beds).

Travelling for a week though Europe and having stayed at many hostels along the way, London Backpackers was by far one of the best hostels my group and I stayed at. The staff was so helpful and kid, the facilities clean, the rooms safe quiet and comfortable, and the location, although far away from the city center, was a nice change of pace that provided security and a laid back feel. Also being next to the Tube was so convenient. What you get for the money you pay is worth every penny!

• 31st Oct 2014

The lockers under the beds are making too much noise. Each time someone tries to open it, it wakes everyone up

You need to have better signage wrt the cost of towels etc. Customers need to know about the 2 % charge to their credit card as well as that you only accept cash for certain things e.g. towels, so that if you arrive at 9.30pm you don't have to go out searching for an ATM. My Hostel experience in Boston provided slippers for the bathroom which I thought was a good idea, since it reduces the risk of getting a foot fungus in the shower. I was very impressed with the order and cleanliness of my room

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Barbados

Quite good although a fair distance from London central. Travel quite expensive for someone without an oyster card. Otherwise good :)

For the price (£25 each for a twin private room) the location and hostel were absolutely fine. Obviously it wasn't 5 star but a good value stay in London, next to a tube 20 minutes from central London.

• 25th Oct 2014

Hi, all! My friend and me stayed in this hostel for a night. We were in the room for 18 people. Due to someone's dirty socks the smell was awful and it was really difficult to breathe. But beds were quite nice, there is a lamp and some sockets and a shelf over each bed. The kitchen looked dirty and untidy. The breakfast is served from 7.30 and it's impossible to have it earlier even of you leave hostel earlier. Bathroom and toilets were very small and untidy as well. I would not recommend

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Russia

I had to leave during the night to the airport, but I wanted to stay out with my friend who I came to visit. But it was necessary to return the card till 22:00. So I returned the card, came out and luckily, when I came back, someone was outside smoking and opened me.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Staff were not helpful or friendly, had to pay extra for a tub for food, a lock, the doors were tricky to open after hours, the breakfast was not nice, I wouldn't stay there again.

• 24th Oct 2014

For this feedback you manly have to blame my room mates, which were not that pleasant, but the reseptionist was kind and friendly and the facilities clean

Pros: -cheap -simple but big breakfast -beds with USB chargers and night lamps -close to the underground Cons: -no locks on the lockers, bring a padlock -far from the city -

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Poland

no problem at all, liked that hostel, maybe too hot in the room

I'd rather pay double the price and stay close to the city since the day travel tix would cover the cost and because it's just easier to get around and gives you more time. security is fine, not much atmosphere but very clean. Great kitchen with anything you need and shops close by, also laundry facility in kitchen is great. Overall a good place it's just that it would cost the same price to stay much closer to the city when you add in transport costs.

Too far away, expensive washing facilities.

We really enjoyed our stay. It was a bit further to get back out to the hostel each day but in terms of price it was still much better than everywhere else that was left and breakfast was included so we didn't have to pay for that each day which helped out. It would be nice if the showers could be made a bit warmer and they had some better towels available but other than that everything was of a really good standard and people were well behaved all the time.

I had a wonderful, uncomplicated stay!

All in all, a very well run hostel.

I am a resident in the UK and I was in the hostel for a few days because I was changing flats. I choose this hostel because it was close to work (and definitely not central) and because it seemed a quiet hostel. I found out I was right as it has been the most quiet hostel I have ever been (almost no one was talking with each other, no partying, etc.). So I would definitely recommended this hostel if you really need a few nights of sleep (and you don`t mind not being so central).

Very nice hostel, close to metro only 30 seconds walk, staff very nice and good kitchen and bathroom. It was clean and good security, maybe little out of town but easy to reach by metro.