London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

While the hostel is located way outside any attractions, in zone 4, it's a 1 minute walk from the underground, and the place itself is worth the money. Very nice guys at the reception, the facilitles are all there, and one thing that I have never seen before and enjoyed in particular is that the dorm beds are equipped with curtains that provide privacy and USB sockets, which is great for someone who never bought a UK power plug.

We only stayed here one night, it was really far from the center of London. About a half our tube ride to get to anything important. The place was clean and nice. The dorms had bunk beds with three beds on them. So don't get drunk if you are staying on the top one!

Ive been in a few hostels before and this is by far the best one O tries yet.

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Iraq

They are very nice, and always give you a helping hand. The location is not bad which opposite the underground station. But the toilet and shower room are not that convincing me.

I loved to be with you and I intend to return one day. Many thanks.

• 12th Sep 2015

very nice hostel, near to the tube station! the staff was really nice! enjoyed my stay there :-)

• 10th Sep 2015

Not the best area.

Its a nice hostel in general just i dont think it fits for travellers. Social areas are very small. Beds are 3 floors. Staff is very nice and welcoming. The location is very poor. The area doesnt felt very safe in general and its 25-30 minutes train ride to any where central

excelent staff and they have everything you need just nearby.

The hostel was beautifully clean and the staff were really really helpful. Breakfast was a massive bonus to get the mornings started and the pool room downstairs was a nice addition. Overall probably not the place you want to stay if you're planning all weekend partying; it's about 20-30 minutes by tube to most of Londons attractions (albeit the tube was mega easy to work even for us country folk! The atmosphere was a bit lacking a bit - only 2 people in our dorm said hello!

What a great hostel! Loved it, everything of it. Super staff, super welcome, lovely kitchen, shower, facilities all in all, beds and rooms were great, loved the big curtains for each bed. Very respectful people throughout which I really appreciated. I felt so free but really taken care of. Thank you!

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Austria

If you have a budget it's a good deal

This was my first time travelling solo and I was immediately made to feel welcome by the lovely receptionist, who offered me a free sweet upon arrival; however, other staff seemed to be a little more uncommunicative. Decor was fun. Kitchen didn't feel particularly clean so I ate out instead. Only had friendly conversation with one other traveller. Otherwise, I had a good time and the location was handy for catching the tube into the city centre. Overall opinion? Cheap and fairly cheerful!

• 2nd Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Full kitchen, wifi was great, brilliant staff, and right by the tube and bus stations. Hope to stay there again!

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

It wasn't the busiest touristy season when I stayed at the hostel. I enjoyed the quiet ambiance along the corridors and I really like the lounge, study/eating area when there were only a few peeps. I was lucky there wasn't any queue at the showers. Radio broadcast at the bathroom is a bonus with pop songs playing through the stereo. The only downside is I got a middle bunk bed so I was sandwiched between the 3rd and 1st bunk beds. The space was rather narrow. Otherwise all good.

Clean hostel, cool and very helpful staff - we'll come back!

• 26th Aug 2015

An Indian man got up at 4:30am and turned the light on when he got ready to leave meaning he woke everyone up.

• 25th Aug 2015

I chose this hostel because it had very good reviews, but I was a bit disapointed. It was pretty clean. But the staff was not friendly and flexible. Free breakfast was until 9 am (very early) and 1 minute after 9 you could have breakfast anymore and could not make and eat your own breakfast in the kitchen either because they started cleaning at 9 am punctually. Moreover, every morning my back was aching because of the cheap matrass on my bed. sleeping on the top bed of 3 beds is very unpracticle

• 23rd Aug 2015

Very good value for money and I really enjoyed my stay

• 22nd Aug 2015

This is a cool hostel, it's in north london quite far from the centre but right next to a tube station so its no trouble getting in and out of town. Friendly atmosphere, great staff, its well worth a visit.

(1932 results)