London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

Good clean facilities with a nice free breakfast and right across the street from the tube station unfortunately the staff's personality and the atmosphere were both lacking.

Good hostel to stay at and go out for the day, good value for money with the continental breakfast especially. Not great for being near fun bars etc but is at least right on the Northern line.

A bit far from the city centre but the tube is a 1 min walk so it was very easy to get too. Staff were amazing and cheap cheap for London

A few minutes by bus from Golders Green (easy travel from Luton airport). Helphul staff. Good breakfast. Recommended!

The staff seem like they I'll go out of their way to provide good service. I locked myself out one night- drunk- and had to get in by pressing emergency access buzzer. They didn't get mad.

The staff was nice and helpful, I love that they have a poster board of things to do in London, and are more than happy to answer any questions you might have. The hostel is out of town, but right next to the train station and there is a little market near by. The kitchen is small but nice and organized. There is also a pool table and two hangout rooms.

Very clean, friendly staff, also very far from city centre. Good for a stop off but I wouldn't stay more then one night here

The hostel was decent overall. Friendliness of some of the desk staff was poor and very morbid. The rest of the staff made up for that though! Awesome individuals. Didn't quite enjoy the showers and the heat of the water. Overall it was a good experience and I met a lot of people.

• 2nd May 2015
  • South Africa

nice hostel; I only stayed there one night, so I can't really tell much about it. It seemed clean, the staff was helpful. The only thing is, it isn't very near to the centre (20 min with underground) and well, the free breakfast consists of white toast bread with jam and cornflakes, but it's free, so you can't really complain ;) the price was good for London, I guess.

the hostel was quite clean and what we needed. it was a long subway ride from downtown and in a more residential area. they included breakfast which was nice but the atmosphere wasn't super friendly and the staff weren't acceptionally helpful, even when we wanted to extend our stay in London having use our computer instead of just booking it for us.

Very good. Would have liked to have more fresh air in the bedroom. It was very stuffy. Other than that, excellent hostel!

• 30th Apr 2015

Good hostel for the price. It's right next to the train station, but is rather far from the city center. Large rooms with triple decker bunk beds, but they are solidly constructed and have plugs, a shelf, curtains, and lockers for each bed, which is fine. Free breakfast is good, but ends early with no leeway so make sure to get there. Good choice if you are on a budget, which you probably are as London is super expensive!

I was not able to sleep the first night, you can hear every noise from the room, it was terrible. The second was better, but I think it was only because there was less noise in the building. If you have big luggage, you can rent a locker, £5 deposit and £1 per day and you will probably have to because there is only little basket under the bed to put a small luggage.

• 28th Apr 2015

I only stayed one night so didn't get much of an atmosphere, but the rooms and bathrooms are fine. In the room where I stayed the triple bunk beds each had a light, three sockets, two usb sockets and a small shelf above the head, curtains around the sides and designated space under the bed to put your stuff. Only small problem was that you had to pull the basket all the way out from under the bed to open it so it was a little noisy and took up floor space, but it wasn't too bad.

Decent price but far from city center. Atmosphere was lacking. Decor was overdone with college-douchebaggery.

On the tube map this is located in zone 3, but only 20 min from the city centre. The tube station is actually very close, it’s just there...! Beds are good; you can charge your phone and other gadgets with ease. Bed have drape on both sides. There are two super markets across the road. If you want see the city take 113 bus and sit on the upper saloon…. You can find a reasonable sized shopping mall (Brent Cross Shopping Centre) nearby, its just 5 minutes’ walk from the hostel.

Nice rooms, lots of outlets. The staff wasnt that much friendly, but ok. It is a bit far from touristic area, but it is one of the cheapest hostels around London. The breakfast was very good!

Good location in Hendon for what you pay - a simple 25 minute commute down to the main tourist sites and very close to the train station.

I stayed at the hostel for four nights, and I was positively surprised as this was also my first hostel experience. The hostel is situated in the outskirts of London, but the city centre can be easily reached in under 30 mins by tube (which, conveniently, is just across the street). I liked the breakfast, and the room was clean. The women's bathroom can be a little cramped since there are only three showers. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. Will come back if I visit London again. :)

• 14th Apr 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff. Cool atmosphere and free breakfast!!!

• 11th Apr 2015