London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

A good London hostel - not in the best location, or the biggest, but very adequate for a short stay.

Good choice if you don't mind the 25 min tube journey to central London + if you're planning just to sleep at the hostel. If staying for a longer time and intending to spend some time in the hostel watching movies etc, not that good.

Staff was very friendly and helpful when we had questions. Great facilities and breakfast in the morning was good!

One of the noisiest backpacker I have ever been into. Also one with the tiniest common room. Avoid this place definitely if you come as a couple because you will get one of the rooms close to the only bathrooms on first floor, and the hand dryers will turn your night in a neverending nightmare. I seriously considered destroying it. Instead we decided to leave this place before our last night, and found a QUIET and FRIENDLY place in WhiteChapel in the Budget category of a well known hotel.

A bit far away from Central London but worth it.

Great people, great place, super great staff !!!!! The only bad point is the distance from London heart

While we were there, there was construction going on which we were not notified about. This meant that the free breakfast would not be supplied and the kitchen was not available for use, which made eating more expensive. The room was fine, the beds were nice however the pillow was essentially as flat as a piece of paper. The bathrooms were a bit dirty, and there was nowhere to put your clothes while showering except on a red stool. Wifi was free and available. Fine for a quick stay.

Renovation was going continuously, wet paint everywhere, many of us got paint of our good clothings. Without notice, the kitchen was closed and no breakfast served and no cooking allowed. This made it very difficult of us to eat at night and had to go out looking for food. My things got stolen i.e rasor, shower cream and toothbrush. Another guy had his ipad stolen. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff watching over us when we were having breakfast. Poor cooking and washing facilities.

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff were absolutely lovely! It was amazingly decorated, I love that there was free internet access and computers to use and was incredibly impressed! Thank you :) Only criticism - the gap under the toilet doors was bit big!

• 24th Jan 2014

A good cheap place, around 45 minutes from the centre with the metro I reckon, but it is very simple when you know how to get there. The staff is friendly, I do not want them to be too clingy so it worked fine for me. Although, I stayed in the hostel during a big renovation, so there were painters and wet paint everywhere, also the sounds of electrical saws sounded through the halls, which is fine but there was no price reduction for that. Other than that, really good hostel.

Everything was good, except for the location. is not close to the city centre or the famous places. The recepcionist was really good, they helped us with eveything. And the place when you have your breakfast is small! the hostel can improve that problem!..

• 18th Jan 2014
  • Peru

Good hostel and staff, but very bad located

Not even a nail in the wall to hang my coat. And the hand dryer in ladies bathroom on 2nd floor kept me well awake till midnight and started again around 5am.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Poland

I only stayed one night. I liked the colourful themes on the wall around the hostel. The beds were 3 high, I've never seen that before. Drunken people be careful! Roll cages under the bottom bed provide lockable security. Each bed has its own curtain, light and power sockets including USB charging, which is awesome. My only dislike were the showers. Push-button activated, only lasts 15 seconds, have to continuously push for the water. Oh, and the 10am checkout is too early!

Would not recommend anyone to stay here. Staff were relatively helpful but not altogether friendly, location is NOT Central as advertised (we had no idea of the layout of London since we'd never been before so this place looked ok for location), and overall the place was dingy and lacked atmosphere. We had planned to stay two nights but cancelled the second as soon as we got there. A dissapo

I would recommend getting a hostel more in the city. It was definitely livable for a few nights, but I wouldn't recommend it. It takes about an hour to get into the city. The bathrooms were pretty gross and beds were triple stacked. Could do better.

The worst thing was not to have access to the wifi in the bedrooms. I also thought the bathrooms not so clean.

The four-people room is far too small for four people.

Breakfast time was from 7:30 to 9:00, it was too short and early for me. However breakfast was good.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Japan

I felt that the atmosphere of the hostel was not very friendly. There were a few regular people that were overly drunk and rude to me and other guests. The staff also doesn't make an effort to help at all. I simply wanted to return the card key to get my 5 pound deposit back, and even though the woman was sitting at the checkout desk at 7:45 am she refused to help me until 8 am the next morning

• 23rd Dec 2013