London Backpackers Reviews

8/10 Queens Parade, Queens Road, Hendon Central, London, England

the staffs were. ery helpful in providing information about transportation and attractions, the food was scrumptious!

Although the hostel is named "London backpackers" it is definitely not a hostel for backpackers. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm which was just 3 bunk beds crammed into a room about the size of closet. My roommates were not travelers but middle aged men living in the dorm and looking for work in London. The atmosphere was very gloomy and trying to talk to others staying in the hostel was like pulling teeth. The kitchen was decent and super close to markets & the tram.

not so clean

facilities were excellent but I didn't really enjoy the hostel, the atmosphere wasn't as interesting and lively like other hostels I've been to. everybody just seems to mind their business. unfortunately i'm direct opposite of that

• 20th May 2015
  • Scotland

Location was right beside the tube, but is far from anything central. Staff seemed a little hostile, although I got mixed feelings about different staff. Showers were clean (no doors, just curtain) and breakfast (free) was pretty decent. Beds were comfortable but triple decker, so you could really feel the movement of each person. Luggage storage under the bed (not big enough for luggage but otherwise ok) has a spring which is nice because 1) less noise 2) it won't wham the head by accident.

A little far away from everything but with the tubes it's easy to get wherever you want to go. Clean, we stayed in a 15 bed mixed dorm and it was fine. Not the best place to meet people though a lot of people kept to themselves.

Staff is ok, but the hostel is far away from everything you would want or need to do in London. Breakfast sucks. If you do the math, maybe in a better hostel you pay 8 pounds more per night but you save 4 in transport and 3 in breakfast (because breakfast sucks you end up going for a snack or coffee in Starbucks)

The hostel is located far from the city centre, but almost at the gates of Hendon Central. The staff is nice, but in the last day of our stay they simply removed the curtains of the beds. Also, they charge £5 as deposit for the security card, and the staff said the check-out was at 7:30pm, when we tried to go out (had coach tickets so had to do it at 7:30 otherwise miss the coach) it says its 8pm, so we lost the stupid deposit of £5 for the card. I still dont get why we need to pay £5 for that.

Clean showers/toilets, comfortable bunks (but too many beds per room), an ok breakfast, a bit far from the centre, but easy to get to by bus or tube. The only slightly negative thing is an absolute lack of character and atmosphere - it's basically a place to get some sleep.

Prior to my stay at London backpackers, I read the reviews and thought it is going to be bad. But I really have to say,I loved it! The 18th dorm room is okay, the facilities are in a good state. All in all it has been a nice stay :)

• 15th May 2015

Nice guy welcomed us at check in. Very comfy beds and awesome triple Decker bunk beds. We only stayed one night, but breakfast was okay. Check out at a good time so we weren't uprooted from our beds at the crack of dawn :) Would definitely stay again.

Privacy curtains on every bed, plus plug ins on the head of the bed made this hostel my new favorite for London. Wifi worked great the whole time. The only thing i didn't care for was the breakfast but it was free so no biggie. Its a bit away from Central London but its right by the tube station.

Good clean facilities with a nice free breakfast and right across the street from the tube station unfortunately the staff's personality and the atmosphere were both lacking.

Good hostel to stay at and go out for the day, good value for money with the continental breakfast especially. Not great for being near fun bars etc but is at least right on the Northern line.

A bit far from the city centre but the tube is a 1 min walk so it was very easy to get too. Staff were amazing and cheap cheap for London

A few minutes by bus from Golders Green (easy travel from Luton airport). Helphul staff. Good breakfast. Recommended!

The staff seem like they I'll go out of their way to provide good service. I locked myself out one night- drunk- and had to get in by pressing emergency access buzzer. They didn't get mad.

The staff was nice and helpful, I love that they have a poster board of things to do in London, and are more than happy to answer any questions you might have. The hostel is out of town, but right next to the train station and there is a little market near by. The kitchen is small but nice and organized. There is also a pool table and two hangout rooms.

Very clean, friendly staff, also very far from city centre. Good for a stop off but I wouldn't stay more then one night here

The hostel was decent overall. Friendliness of some of the desk staff was poor and very morbid. The rest of the staff made up for that though! Awesome individuals. Didn't quite enjoy the showers and the heat of the water. Overall it was a good experience and I met a lot of people.

• 2nd May 2015