London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

This hostel is in a great place as you can just walk to the Big Ben in about 15-20 minutes. It's also quite close to the Lambeth North Underground Station, and the bus stops if you don't quite feel like walking. The 15 dorm room is just as packed and you would think it would be - but that's to be expected for the great price. The only real complaint would be that the showers are quite dirty and get plugged up easily, and the toilets are also quite dirty. Pretty good though either than those.

Everything was good, but I recommend to have more toilets and showers. Also, to clean everyday.

Location was good, easy to find and 5 minute walk from subway station. Hostel had some extra cost which I didn't notice on web site, like paying by credit card was extra fee of 2 pounds. Facilities could use some improvement such as bed lights not working and couch in lounge area broken. Showers were clean and had very good water pressure and hot water all the time. No social events or bar activity going on and internet was very slow. However breakfast of toast and cereal was OK.

• 16th Apr 2014

Overall good location for price. Was never there except when to sleep. The main issue was there were 30 people on a floor and 1 toilet and 2 showers! Not enough room to get ready when everyone was on the move.

• 14th Apr 2014

The dorm is too small for so many people. But, for such price not much to complain about, especially it's located in zone 1. Security wise is poor from my point of view, could be much better.

I enjoyed my stay at the London Eye Hostel. The desk clerk was very accommodating and the location is perfect for walking to most tourist sites. (Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Tower Bridge) I felt safe, made friends, and would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to stay in the city center at an affordable price.

• 9th Apr 2014

My 2nd time staying at this hostel. Really nice, helpful staff. I also had a flight cacellation and they were great at rescheduling my bookings without any hassle. Location is a bit out of central for those maybe visiting the city for the first time, but a it's a very easy walk (15min) or bus ride (5mins); and for those who've been to the city before, it was actually nice being just a step out of the tourist chaos and have a cool, quiet place to come "home" to. Would def book here again! Thx!!

The 15 person dorm was just too tiny for that many people. The air in the room was constantly awful and it was too crowded. Also, in our case the people in the room we'ren't the most considerate and nice.. What made my stay especially bad was that my camera got stolen from the dorm at the end of our stay. Also our roomate's ipad got stolen. The good i guess was the location and the fact that the showers actually had hot water and it was fairly clean.

London is a very expensive city. So if you want to stay with a little bit more confort, you will fatally spend something about 50 pounds, that it´s not the case of this hostel, This is cheaper but...you know...pros & cons.

• 7th Apr 2014

Staff were friendly. However,our room, a 15 bedder on the ground floor next to the lobby only has one small window that opens to the living room, making the room smelly and stuffy. The toilets and bathrooms are however clean.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

The room was really small taking into consideration the amount of people in it. In addition, the place shouldn't be that dirty (shower, toilet...). In my opinion the facilicities were not enough for so many people.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I'll start with the only downside I saw in this hostel - not very much space in the room. There were two tripple bunk beds in our room and not much floor space left, so if you come with a lot of luggage, you might struggle. On the other hand, everything else in this hostel was really good. A very friendly common area, friendly and helpful staff, nice kitchen, free breakfast, bathrooms were ok, and each bed has it's socket and lamp, which is really handy. And the location is just great.

Half an hour walking distance from Victoria. Kitchen lacked many basic utensils, I was averse using the kitchen due to hygiene concerns. Cleanliness is not this hostels forte, showers and toilets are places I wanted to get out of quickly. Lack of securely storing luggage was a major concern. There is a tiny locker downstairs which you have to pay for (in other hostels this is usually free). I booked a 12 bed dorm and was surprised to find out I had to sleep in a skyscraper 3 bunk bed.

Hi, Thanks for your review. Kitchen utensils are available from reception. We keep them there at reception as we found that if left in the kitchen guests did not wash up after using them. We have cleaners every day, We check the toilets and showers every hour during the day and night however sometimes guests leave the toilets and showers dirty, we do our best. We have 2 large securely locked luggage rooms where you can store your luggage for free while staying with us. Thanks again

We stayed in a 6 bed (shared bath) and the room was extremely small and dark. Noise from the common area and outside could be heard throughout the night. The bathrooms were not well maintained and the shower stalls were uncomfortably small. We did not find the staff to be very welcoming. London Eye was my first European hostel. I've stayed at 3 European hostels since the London Eye last week and they are far superior. This hostel is definitely not worth the money at we spent to stay.

The room you stayed in has a ceiling light, a window and each bed has light as well as Intl and UK plug sockets and therefore I do not understand how it was "DARK". Our showers cubicles are standard size for one person, indeed one of the shower cubicles on the 1st floor is large enough for 2 people........not that I have shared it with anyone..................... of course not!!!!

Expect what you pay for if staying at the London Eye Hostel. The location was great, just blocks from the Thames and Big Ben, and the staff was pleasant. The facilities, on the other hand, let something to be desired. The kitchen, if you plan on preparing you own meals, was almost unusable. The toilets and showers were adequate, if not small, and the bedrooms were cramped. In the end I cannot criticized it too much, given the price we paid.

Stated a three bed room and we got a bunkbed and thats all was in the room apart from a childrens wardrobe were the curtain was the room smelled of wet paint and paint fumes gave us all a headache. Staff were not friendly and helpful. I had to ask for another blanket and it looked as if it was the biggest effort in the world to go and get. Not happy i would not have paid half the price. Security was very poor with the lock being on poor condition and a code on a piece of paper isnt sufficient.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. The room you stayed in had recently been painted, it now does not smell and the wardrobe is about to be changed. Our location is perfect. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN 15 MINUTES.

the 14 bed rooms are really toooo small. there was no space for the suitcases because the whole room was filled with the beds.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very smal room, too less toilets, Kitchen and breakfast awful. Good location, about 10 mnts walk to London eye.

• 14th Mar 2014

The only thing relatively good were the showers and the common room. *Bathrooms weren't so clean, one of their doors didn't close . *Horrible breakfast. *The building need a renovation. *Too much beds for such a little space. * No luggage's lockers.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Spain

There are no individual lockers in the room. More washing facelities and showers would be great. Probably everything dark painted to hide the dirt. Friendly staff. excellent location

• 9th Mar 2014

Hi, We do not have lockers in the room as we find most guests prefer to have lockers in safe places. We have lockers in public areas covered by CCTV and we have never had a break in. If we had lockers in bedrooms they would NOT be under CCTV and therefore not "safe". We are shortly upgrading all our showers. Thank you for your review.

« first « Prev 1 2 3