London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

The 15 person dorm was just too tiny for that many people. The air in the room was constantly awful and it was too crowded. Also, in our case the people in the room we'ren't the most considerate and nice.. What made my stay especially bad was that my camera got stolen from the dorm at the end of our stay. Also our roomate's ipad got stolen. The good i guess was the location and the fact that the showers actually had hot water and it was fairly clean.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Finland

London is a very expensive city. So if you want to stay with a little bit more confort, you will fatally spend something about 50 pounds, that it´s not the case of this hostel, This is cheaper but...you know...pros & cons.

• 7th Apr 2014

Staff were friendly. However,our room, a 15 bedder on the ground floor next to the lobby only has one small window that opens to the living room, making the room smelly and stuffy. The toilets and bathrooms are however clean.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Slovakia

The room was really small taking into consideration the amount of people in it. In addition, the place shouldn't be that dirty (shower, toilet...). In my opinion the facilicities were not enough for so many people.

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Spain

I'll start with the only downside I saw in this hostel - not very much space in the room. There were two tripple bunk beds in our room and not much floor space left, so if you come with a lot of luggage, you might struggle. On the other hand, everything else in this hostel was really good. A very friendly common area, friendly and helpful staff, nice kitchen, free breakfast, bathrooms were ok, and each bed has it's socket and lamp, which is really handy. And the location is just great.

Half an hour walking distance from Victoria. Kitchen lacked many basic utensils, I was averse using the kitchen due to hygiene concerns. Cleanliness is not this hostels forte, showers and toilets are places I wanted to get out of quickly. Lack of securely storing luggage was a major concern. There is a tiny locker downstairs which you have to pay for (in other hostels this is usually free). I booked a 12 bed dorm and was surprised to find out I had to sleep in a skyscraper 3 bunk bed.

Hi, Thanks for your review. Kitchen utensils are available from reception. We keep them there at reception as we found that if left in the kitchen guests did not wash up after using them. We have cleaners every day, We check the toilets and showers every hour during the day and night however sometimes guests leave the toilets and showers dirty, we do our best. We have 2 large securely locked luggage rooms where you can store your luggage for free while staying with us. Thanks again

We stayed in a 6 bed (shared bath) and the room was extremely small and dark. Noise from the common area and outside could be heard throughout the night. The bathrooms were not well maintained and the shower stalls were uncomfortably small. We did not find the staff to be very welcoming. London Eye was my first European hostel. I've stayed at 3 European hostels since the London Eye last week and they are far superior. This hostel is definitely not worth the money at we spent to stay.

The room you stayed in has a ceiling light, a window and each bed has light as well as Intl and UK plug sockets and therefore I do not understand how it was "DARK". Our showers cubicles are standard size for one person, indeed one of the shower cubicles on the 1st floor is large enough for 2 people........not that I have shared it with anyone..................... of course not!!!!

Expect what you pay for if staying at the London Eye Hostel. The location was great, just blocks from the Thames and Big Ben, and the staff was pleasant. The facilities, on the other hand, let something to be desired. The kitchen, if you plan on preparing you own meals, was almost unusable. The toilets and showers were adequate, if not small, and the bedrooms were cramped. In the end I cannot criticized it too much, given the price we paid.

Stated a three bed room and we got a bunkbed and thats all was in the room apart from a childrens wardrobe were the curtain was the room smelled of wet paint and paint fumes gave us all a headache. Staff were not friendly and helpful. I had to ask for another blanket and it looked as if it was the biggest effort in the world to go and get. Not happy i would not have paid half the price. Security was very poor with the lock being on poor condition and a code on a piece of paper isnt sufficient.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Thank you for your review. The room you stayed in had recently been painted, it now does not smell and the wardrobe is about to be changed. Our location is perfect. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN 15 MINUTES.

the 14 bed rooms are really toooo small. there was no space for the suitcases because the whole room was filled with the beds.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very smal room, too less toilets, Kitchen and breakfast awful. Good location, about 10 mnts walk to London eye.

• 14th Mar 2014

The only thing relatively good were the showers and the common room. *Bathrooms weren't so clean, one of their doors didn't close . *Horrible breakfast. *The building need a renovation. *Too much beds for such a little space. * No luggage's lockers.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Spain

There are no individual lockers in the room. More washing facelities and showers would be great. Probably everything dark painted to hide the dirt. Friendly staff. excellent location

• 9th Mar 2014

Hi, We do not have lockers in the room as we find most guests prefer to have lockers in safe places. We have lockers in public areas covered by CCTV and we have never had a break in. If we had lockers in bedrooms they would NOT be under CCTV and therefore not "safe". We are shortly upgrading all our showers. Thank you for your review.

easy going,clean and happy.

The totality is I am about my stay in London Eye Hostel. Staff are very much friendly, facilities are very much open for usage even at off peak hours, location is very accessible to every spots in Central London. I have no problem with my stay here. surely i will recommend this to my fellas when they travel London. ;) Thumbs up!

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

Really can't complain, when the price is this good, The breakfast very basic but all you need, computers available to, very good The security is bad, luggage storage isn't watched , just raffle tickets or something would be huge improvement. The room was okay, though I had loads of mold directly above my head, can' be healthy, though that was only bed like that in room. The staff aren't too interested, though one's funny and put on some good films Would stay again though

• 9th Feb 2014

The Staff was really friendly and helpful. They were also really accommodating when we ran into a small booking problem.

• 8th Feb 2014

very tiiny room for two triple bunkbeds so the lest luggage the better. Was clean and warm and hot showers . Would certainly stay again. Nice to have kitchen and simple breakfast included. Thanks very much.

Nice location, good and cosy lounge with great internet.. Kitchen is neat. bathrooms and toilets clean. Rooms are bit small to accommodate 12 beds. I asked for a ground floor room later changes to a different room as it was stinking of damp clothes, not the fault of hostel though! reception manned 24 hours and free coffee tea is a plus. Breakfast is very simple. Regarding security - The front door is never locked , as reception is manned 24 hours, it dint worry much.

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. In regards to security. We lock the door at midnight each night and opened up at 0700hrs. If guests arrive at the hostel after midnight there is a buzzer next to it that is linked to reception. Simply press it and the night reception will be "open the door for you. Thank you again for your review. Richard

Only stayed for a night and wished I hadn't. There was nowhere to keep your luggage in your room, the rooms were overcrowded. Was woken up in the middle of the night by people yelling and a staff member trying to talk to them but also talking incredibly loudly. Not worth the money

« first « Prev 1 2 3