London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

This hostel has the friendliest staff ever!! I came to the hostel late at night and realized I had booked on the wrong day. The staff was very friendly and figured a way to host me for the night. The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere and I think it would be ideal for a long stay since it has a kitchen and a large shared area :)

I've never seen 12 people packed into such a small space in my life. The bathrooms were dirty and one of the two showers on the whole floor was out of order with no visible attempt to fix it. I was told that there were no more lockers available for me to use after checking in and so had to leave my bag in the ridiculously tiny room and hope none of my many roommates took anything or left the door open for others to do so. The wifi rarely worked.

They took all the money from our creditcard even though the confirmation said that we had to pay upon our arrival. When I phoned them, they were unfriendly. The room itself was tiny and stank. All showers on our floor weren't working. The toilets are a nightmare. We slept only between 1 and 5 o'clock - you could hear noises and conversations from other rooms and people arguing in the house next door all the time. We will post this review elsewhere, too, as this hostel destroyed our holiday!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Russia

Sehr unfreundlicher Mitarbeiter an der Reception (Brille rot gefärbte Haare). Man darf erst nach 14 Uhr einchecken aber muss schon vor 10 Uhr auschecken.

• 16th Aug 2014

We stayed for five nights so we saw many different people. Thisw as our first stay in a hostel, and i must say i was pretty surprised at how freaking disrespectful some people are. But i assume it is like that everywhere you go. We rented a locker so we felt all our valuables were safe. (5£ deposit + 1£ per day) The showers were fine and the bathrooms too when they were clean. Close to lambeth north tube. Breakfast was nice, toast and cereal. Would stay again

• 13th Aug 2014

The hostel is great. But the Socket beside the bed was not working and the kitchen doesn't have much options.

• 13th Aug 2014

The bed size and moving space ia slightly too small people with long limbs to move around, otherwise are fair enough.

• 11th Aug 2014

The receptionist appeared to be offended by the prospect of me checking in. and He didn't look at me for the whole interaction.

Good location for walking to main sights however there wasn't really anything special about it. Also for what I paid the breakfast was not the best. The atmosphere was okay but still not great.

I've spent 5 days in this hostel. It was a great stay. Definitely not a right place to stay if you want your 8 hours of sleep in a confortable bed but a very good place for the price, the localisation and the staff

They charged for lockers, which is ridiculous in my opinion. The staff was relatively nice but they were pretty strict. It wasn't poorly located but it was a bit out of the way. It had a solid atmosphere; lots of other students traveling which was nice. Bathrooms were not great overall not a very nice place to stay but a pretty fun one

If you are just looking for a place to lay your head at night, this is it. Don't expect frills or top-notch security (literally anyone can walk through those doors and up to the rooms if they know where they're going.) Staff were super helpful with getting me to gatwick at 4am, and moved me to a bottom bunk when I asked to. Overall it's decent, but if I go back, I'd stay elsewhere (and maybe book in advance :) )

The wifi couldnt reach the top floor or the kitchen

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Some members of the staff are not helpful and seem uninterested to help. The shared bedrooms have too many beds - they are stuffy, there is no place to properly leave luggage or anything without interfering with the walking ways, bed lights are not working and rooms are not well cleaned. The hostel is in a rather good location (walking distance from the city center), but the infrastructure is inadequate. The bathrooms and showers are old, too small and get easily dirty. Not recommendable!!!!!!

very desapointed about the breakfast London Eye Hostel were the only place in London where I was charged commision (5%) for use of creditcard

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Good staff, WiFi barely works. If you want access to the internet do not count on the WiFi here very very slow if it works at all

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff was super nice and helpful and the location is amazing - about a 10 minute walk from the center of London!

• 24th Jul 2014

The hot water in the shower and the lack of ventilation in the room can be overwhelming if you're visiting during the summer.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The staff were very friendly and helpfull! However the hostel was pretty dingy, the fridge was overfull and not at all clean and the breakfast was really poor. The rooms were very small, could hardly fit three suitecases. The rooms were still okey though, beds were comfy. Alot of small details, like lamps and so on, were broken. though not mega important, it still set down the overall feel of the hostel

• 22nd Jul 2014