London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

The female only 6 bed room was very cramped, with very little space. Not all of the personal lights and charging points worked. The 2 shower rooms on the ground floor had been re-furnished, but the sink did not work. However the facilities were totally inadequate for the number of people staying, evidenced by the fact that both times I showered there were people constantly trying the door. Inadequate toilet facilities and filthy run-down kitchen facilities. In its favour it was cheap.

• 24th Jan 2015

It´s calm and very close to everything. Very good. Cheers

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Had a great time in London ; it's great to be in a hostel so well situated ! The building is not very new but it's alright. Very nice staff, nice common room, comfy beds .. My "roommates" were noisy and/or snoring, but that has nothing to do with the hostel =). I'll definitely come back to this hostel next time I come to London.

Improve some of the basic facilities such as charging pot at beds,try not to put so many beds in one room which makes it very packed to live in.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Great location and great atmosphere. The serious looking Scottish guy was a great laugh and really helpful. Would definitely come back

The internet signal was weak at the room, the location was not the best, the worst ever breakfast , you need to add something, the cleaner staff woke me up and openned the window because she needed to clean i think there are many ways to be kind , absolutely disgusting, sorry but its what it is

Hi, We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station (Lambeth North) is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. AS WE ARE LOCATED IN THE CENTRE (ZONE 1) OF LONDON YOU CAN WALK ALL AROUND THE CITY WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE BUSES OR LONDON UNDERGROUND TRAINS SAVING YOURSELF £8.90 PER DAY (THE PRICE FOR A ONE DAY TRAVELCARD)

The London eye has a good price and a good location near the center town but some disadvantages too: - bathroom, toilets and kitchen not very clean - the pictures on the website don't show the truth: facilities are indeed old and things ( like sink taps) broken - There are only 4 toilets for all the residents so maybe more than 40 people ( toilets often clogged) it is not a disgusting hostel, and staff is very friendly but I won't come again and won't give this address to friends

• 9th Jan 2015

Thank you for your review I am happy to advise you that some of our showers have been completely renovated to an exceptionally high standard where any four star hotel would be happy. Please see new pictures here at our listing on Hostelworld.com. I have to admit that as the owner of the hostel I got a bit carried away with the project and you can see this from the pics. Soon all showers will be of a similar standard. Thanks again

Basic hostel with triple bunk beds where they cram a lot of people in a small space. Good value if you're not fussy. It wasn't too busy when I stayed thankfully but I wouldn't want to stay in summer as I'm sure the 15 bed dorm rooms are cramped and stinky. The mattresses themselves though are pretty comfy with decent bedding. I stayed here as it was cheap and closeish to where I needed to be but there's not much going on in this area for tourists.

Our location is perfect. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station (LAMBETH NORTH)is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES..

Firstly, the location. from map, they looks live very nice location to travel London. Yeah, nice. However, that is limited on walking tour. By walking, you can go to Big Ben about 10 minutes. The problem is public transportation. Too far from bus stop, Subway station. Secondly, the bed. 3-Layer-bed?!?! it is just a budget hostel, so they have the right to that kind of facility. However. it was wrong. I know, they offer the bed in very low, cheap price. But, That's all.

While the people working there were really friendly, the hostel itself was very, very unsatisfactory. The showers smelt very bad and the ceiling has mould on it. The free breakfast is the worst I've had in any hostel a choice of 2 jams and toast and cereal. The "free, super fast wifi" did not work AT ALL and as a result I had to use my mobile data which ran out. The website says that linen is included-you still have to pay for a towel and the lockers aren't free either.

• 29th Dec 2014

The room are full of people, you cant have enough space to put your luggage or even your handbag. One toilet is not enough for all the people and also you cant find a toilet for girls and one for boys. The manager is very rude and unpolite. The kitchen and the stufss in there seems very dirty.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Facilities are old and not well mantained. For guests with low excpectations ist this the place to be.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

We stayed in London eye hostel 1 night. Staff was very nice and made our stay much better, but the problem is that wifi is not really working in the hostel...we couldn't use it at all and it appered only around midnight,but also very slow... and shower door was not possible to close. everything else - nice.

Great Location.

On arrival at the hostel we were able to leave our luggage in the luggage room no questions asked until we returned later on in the evening to settle into our room. We were also upgraded from a 14 person room to a 12 persons room for no extra charge. Only when we returned later in the evening to sleep and with no more discussion our room was upgraded again to our own private room!

• 18th Dec 2014

The staff was very nice, our rooms were open early so they let us go in right when we got there. The facilities weren't the best just because the lack of space but the shower water was warm and decent pressure. Breakfast ends at 9 so I never made it. It was one of the cheapest ones I found but still in a decent location, about 10 min walking from big ben, parliament square, and the london eye. i was pretty happy with there everything overall!

It's a nice place, with good atmosfere

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Moldova

Way too many beds for such a small room (I was in the 15 bed suite). Most of the front desk staff are unfriendly. The kitchen facilities need to be greatly improved for the money that they are getting from travelers and needs to be cleaned more regularly. Also, it would be nice if all of the charging outlets worked by the beds, as mine didn't function.

• 13th Dec 2014

TBH there are a few things that could be fixed that would upgrade this hostels appeal immensely. Im not going to comment on the hostels layout (small toilets/showers) because that isnt the fault of the people working there. It is however, their responsibility to make the place welcoming and enjoyable. I was greeted by the day staff, one guy who never smiled, barely spoke and just treated me like another number. Your the face of the hostel... start acting like it or put someone on who can.

Perfect stay, no problems, great value for money, clean and nice staff

• 9th Dec 2014