London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Hated our stay! On arrival staff were extremely rude, grumpy & unhelpful. We were then charged extra for paying on a debit card, which was not expressed to us before hand(no cash machine near by) As for security you can lock your bags in a cupboard before check in - however any one can ask for the key and go to the cupboard which is outside out of site. Very unclean - nail cuttings on windows nxt to bed, one toilet to share between tonnes of people, plug sockets not working! waste of our money

• 30th Aug 2015

Good hostel.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

I only had cold showers during star. That was my only problem

• 24th Aug 2015

Staff were rude, they had so many ridiculous rules, the bathrooms were disgusting and smelt terrible. Only thing that was good was the breakfast

• 24th Aug 2015

I paid 7% for paying with a Visa Electron card when you sent me the amount payable does not mention it, me and I sell a total charge of more. bad business not recommend anyone London Eye Hostel. his technique produces more charged I would not recommend to any friend or neighbor anyone who asks me.

• Costa Rica

The hostel was clean and nice. I loved the buncks because each bunk had a lamp and two sockets (one Uk and one european) so charging my phone was never an issue! The breakfast was nice and the kitchen was clean. The location was easy to find, it's on a quiet street so walking back late felt a little creepy but it was a safe area so no problems there. I would definitely stay again.

I booked here last minute and the staff were so helpful about it. I have backpacked in many hostels & it has to be said that for 9.95 a night you get so much for your money- it is clear that the staff work hard to do a good job, it is very clean and tidy and I felt my stuff was safe (this was my concern before staying in hostels after all the scary reviews in other places) but the reception was monitored well at all times and they checked every person coming in. Would stay again! Great place

• 18th Aug 2015

Toilets were dirty. Shared toilets for women, children and men is a "no go". Breakfast was inadequate.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Good place if you want a bed for the night. Lots of people in a cramp room. When one person tries to move in their bunk bed there's a fair bit of noise that it creates. If you're not the sort of person that wakes up easily this is fine. Wouldn't recommend on a hot summers night. Only 1 fan pointed towards a single bunk bed. 3 beds/bunk. 3 bunks in the room I stayed in so 9 total people could sleep there. It would have been too hot in the heat of summer. I was there in mid August, it was fine.

• 15th Aug 2015

There just wasn't much to this place. The best thing about it was the location and proximity to attractions but it was pricey and crowded and not all that comfy.

WiFi not perfect in the upper rooms.

Week ago we were 2 nights in Hostel in Liverpool. We wish everything in London Eye like in Hostel on Mount Pleasant .

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Poland
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your review. I dont know which hostel in LIVERPOOL you stayed so I cant compare. We are only 15 minutes walk to both BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY. We are also located in ZONE 1 (Central London) and 5 minutes walk from LAMBETH NORTH undeground train station making everywhere in London "on your door step". YOU CAN BE IN PICCADILLY CIRCUS OR LEICESTER SQUARE in only a 7 minutes from here.

As I haven't stayed in a hostel before I was pleased with the facilities. It was a Saturday night so there was a lot of noise most of the night through. But I still managed to sleep well. There was kitchen facilities if cooking and I didn't realize breakfast was supplied. I just had to leave really early so didn't experience that. Thanks.

• 7th Aug 2015

This hostel tries to make money out of everything. You have to pay 1 pound daily additionally to get a locker for your belongings (!!!) downstairs. There is no locker at the room for it. I stayed in a room where it was unbeliavable how they managed to get 12 beds into it. (3 storeys of beds on each side of the very small room). They offered a (cheap) breakfast for free, OK. The common area is too small for the number of people, too. And the beer they sell was expensive, too.

Hi, We do not have lockers in the room as these are not safe. In most hostels people go out during the day and therefore any potential theif could open all lockers in the room without interruption. At the London Eye Hostel this is not possible as all lockers are in public areas and are covered by 24 hour CCTV and I am happy to say that we have NEVER EVER had one broken into Our location is fantastic. We are only a 5 minute walk to LAMBETH WALK train station (Zone 1)

No atmosphere and terrible security. Worst hostel experience yet. Lock your stuff up, a girls' wallet got stolen in the room while I was there.

The girl in question whose wallet was unfortuntately stolen left the wallet on her bed while she had a shower. The hostel has CCTV in all public areas but of course not in bedrooms. All hostels occasionally have thefts by other guests. We advise guests to either keep their valuables on them for rent a locker from us for £1 per day. The lockers are all in public areas and are under 24 hour CCTV. We have NEVER had a break into a locker and your valuables will be safe.

Dirty, only one staff member was helpful (guy who was there in the mornings), 12 people to a room is unbearable with this layout

• 3rd Aug 2015

I am sorry that you thought that the hostel was dirty. We have recently refurbished all showers and now have wooden floors in all dorms,private rooms and corridors. We have cleaners every day and they work hard to keep it as clean as possible.As well as this the reception check all toilets and showers several times each day to check that they are clean and tidy.

Pretty bad location, especially if your going to Camden town for a night out. There's a nice common area. Free breakfast is toast and cereal.

Thank you for your comment. To get to camden is easy, it takes only 15-20. Our location is fantastic It takes only 15 minutes to walk to BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY, as well as the LONDON EYE itself. Thank you for your comment.

Really basic breakfast. No more bread before the end of it (10am) but I didn't ask reception for more though. Too few showers and toilets. Triple bunk bed are not convenient 10min to Metro station then 1 stop away from Waterloo train station No room at all for bags in the dorms No Aircon and a small single fan. Will defo get crazy hot during a warm day. 1£ pool table. Free (but really really slow) computers with internet access. 0,20£ per page to print your boarding pass or whatever else.

appeared to be drunk locals staying in the hostel which didn't seem to be popular with the travellers we saw in the hostel.

We are a backpackers hostel and no one lives at the hostel. We do not allow drunks to stay at the hostel under any circumstances. Thank you

The location is very nice and the staff are amazing. They will help you out with finding your way around London and are very polite. The rooms are nice and clean as well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6