London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

High density of people in rooms. A bit too much for me. Cleanliness is much improved from my last year stay - good job.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Poland

Not enough bathroom facilities and very rude staff member on the front desk

• 16th Jul 2015

Bathroom were always wet and always had a queue. Anyone walk in and go into the living area. Not really value for money.

Had a great stay. Staff friendly, especially Maris....Funny guy. Showers clean. Breakfast was good too. Thanks

• 12th Jul 2015
  • United Arab Emirates

To have only one bathroom for an entire floor is ridiculous. The fan in our 15 person dorm was broken and the windows had no blinds so it was absolutely roasting. The room is also far too small for 15 people.

• 10th Jul 2015

Loved the hostel. Walking distance from Big Ben, the Thames, and all. In-between the hostel and the sites is a pharmacy and a few grocery stores, so it's really easy to pick up things on your way back after a day out. The large dorm has sturdy bunks, so no creaking, and each bunk has a light and an outlet. I plan to return later with a friend.

Great location, easy to get to and from the city and good value for money, especially with the free breakfast! There wasn't much of a friendly atmosphere amongst the guests, most just kept to themselves. The big issue I had was the fact that the hostel was full of school children. There must have been 40 school kids there on a trip, and they were such a pain. Everywhere I turned there was a horde of giggling schoolgirls forming massive lines for everything. Hostel should prewarn gues of this!

The group have now checked out. I apologise if they were annoying. Our location is superb. We are only a 15 minute walk to BIG Ben and the London Eye. Our nearest underground train station is only a 5 minute walk from us and from there you can be in OXFORD STREET or PICCADILLY CIRCUS in less than 10 minutes. As we are located in Central London (Zone 1) you can walk around London without needing to use any public transport thereby saving £8.90per day (price of a 1 day Travecard)

Really enjoyed my stay. Location great....so close to the London Eye itself...I could see it at the end of the street. Staff friendly and knowlegable about london too.

• 5th Jul 2015

We consider the price really expensive regarding the quality of the hostel. We stayed in a 15 people-bedroom without any safety place to put our bags and sharing only a bathroom and 2 showers with 5 more bedroom. Moreover, there was a problem with some beds and a person from the staff woke us up on Saturday at 7 am in a really bad manners. We are totally unsatisfied

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

We do not have lockers in dormitories as lockers in dormitories in hostels are not safe as we do not have CCTV in bedrooms. Instead we have lockers in public areas with CCTV and because of this have NEVER had theft. We have many showers and toilets in the hostel anad all guests are welcome to use any they choose on any floor. Thank you for your review

Generally good atmosphereatmosphere, nice staff, breakfast with cereals and milk, a bit jam and butter. Internet wifi is awful, and this is pulling the rating down. Also, I was there for 9 nights, they didn't change my linen. I thought once a week would be expected. Generally nice place to stay.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Serbia

Nice place for weedend away.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

good experience

The hostel offered everything that I needed; a good central location, a comfortable bed, decent washing facilities, a well sized kitchen in which you can cook your own food if you want, a good lounge area and really nice, helpful staff.

• 24th Jun 2015

London is an expensive city so this hostel is great value for a cheap backpacker. Close to lots of great sites like big Ben Westminster Abbey and Buckingham palace. WiFi is very poor, but there are two free public computers if you need the internet that badly. Free breakfast was simple but very filling. Rooms were crowded but they were clean. This was my first hostel I ever stayed in and it was a lot better than I was expecting so I'd recommend it for backpackers! Ps. Friday beer pong = awesome

This place is alright. The common area I meet some new friends, but I stayed in a 12 bunk room, 3 beds high, and I was the top. Anytime anyone moved it felt like an earth quake up there, but it did have plug and light at every bed. Breakfast was basic toast, jam and cereal. Nothing special. The tubes were decently close as well as laundry(you can haggle price, don't pay 8 Euro for a load they don't even fold) coffee shop which became my daily morning stop, cheap pizza place, and grocery store.

• 21st Jun 2015

No lockers in rooms. Shower was "push button, water runs .ostly cold for 30 seconds before shutting off." I would recommend this hostel for the friendly staff and easy to find location. A safe, comfortable place to stay; well worth the money. The showers could sure use an update, but other than that all was fine.

• 21st Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. All showers are brand new and were changed only in March 2015. I have hadthem checked out and they are now all all working perfcectly. We have push button showers to save water......our little bit to help save the planet... Thank you again

I would certainly not stay at this hostel again. The location was central and the staff were friendly, however, the area of town is not the brightest looking and has few food options. The facilities were absolutely dismal. The bathrooms were almost to small to sit In and offered nothing to dry your hands with and no wash up soap, The room was too small for the 12 people to be sleeping in and boiling hot with only one fan. Flies were constantly buzzing around the hallways and in the room.

• 19th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review. There is a soap dispenser and a sink right outside the bathroom (toilets)door with a handryer.....so I dont quite understand the problem??? There are many food options with in a 10 minute walk of teh hostel. We are very close to Waterloo station and there are alot of restaurants as well as a Mcdonalds there. Thanks anyway for your review/

There was nothing in the hostel that would have given a reason to rate it better. In every way it was very average one in London and for example not great value for the money.

Thank you for your review. We have a fantasic location, only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY. Lambeth North train station is only a 5 minute walk from us and you can see the LONDON EYE itself from the end of our street. We have just had a complete refurbishment. All private rooms and dormitories now have wooden floors. All showers are new. Please see the pictures on Hostelworld for yourself. Thanks again for your review.

Great value for money with a nice location. You can walk 15 minutes and get to the Parliament.

Our location is superb. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. AS WE ARE LOCATED IN THE CENTRE (ZONE 1) OF LONDON YOU CAN WALK ALL AROUND THE CITY WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE BUSES OR LONDON UNDERGROUND TRAINS SAVING YOURSELF £8.90 PER DAY

My room felt like a cell in prison: 2 bunk-beds for 6 people in very small room without window. Sorry: there was a small window to the corridor where an automatic lamp kept turning on every time someone went to the bathroom. Didn't sleep well because of the heat and light coming from corridor. The kitchen with padlocks on all cupboards and fridge increased the prison-like impression. Also it was rather pricy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5