London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Hi there everybody, I just like to share my staying in the hostel London Eye during this last week end, I went just for a short holidays and I thought a place around the center it will be fine but nothing to expensive. Well I did with the right place, the hostel it is just a few minutes from the BIg Ben and London Eye, well to be honest I was a bit lost but the recepcionist, Sergio, was very helpful telling me which places where the best to visit and how to get back to the hostel with no probs.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Spain

Had a great time! The location is very nice just a 20 min walk to the big ben and in 8 min your on the barkerloo-line. First night there was a smelly person in the room that was not very nice but the other nights were just fine. You might want to wear ear plugs so you won't wake up if someone enters the room or if someone snores. The beds are very comfortable! The breakfast is not much but it's something and there is a bakery on the way to the underground.

• 12th Feb 2015

immpossible to shower

Staff were extremely rude, both when checking in and checking out. Made us wait for 10 mins in reception until they would deal with us Hostel is clean and the beds are very comfortable, just the staff which lets it down

• 7th Feb 2015

I stayed in the hostel for 9 nights, I've been in loads of hostel around the world, almost every night as I walked in someone were getting kicked out or had a big argument with the staff. In the weekend people walked in speaking loudly & being drunk and the beds were a joke. You can sleep better in your car the "madress" were like 10cm thick and the sleep was terrible. There was very few shower and toilets and they were small and unclean If you stay in London for 1night this might work tho

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Several days ago, The hostel send me messages about if I didnt send my credit card details they would cancel my booking and I was stressed. I've had it for the first time.

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Turkey

“I found the staff very helpful and friendly, and Sergio the night guy is the most helpful of them. While some of the facilities could be improved, i think they already are on it because they were doing some improvements on the showers and other stuff. It does offer very good value for money and was clean and tidy. For me is the best located Hostel in London. I'll definitively come back"

I bookes a 6-bed-dorm, had to go to a 12-bed-dorm (for the same Price!!), and there was no alternative dorm, and the dorm was really too small for 12 beds. I just checked out without staying there. Very poor!

• 2nd Feb 2015

It's worth your money since it's reasonable and I would only recommend it for young people.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Zimbabwe

One of the highlights of my trip. It's not the ritz but the updates and work they are doing to the place are making it a really nice hostel to stay at. The people they have working there really adds to the experience. The atmosphere is great and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

from the manager to the staff (specially for Maris and Sergio, from reception) verry helpful, kind and polite whos always made my stay very confortable and nice as also the people who stays in witch make the hostel more as a home. i reapeted my stay in here for severals times because all of this.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Room is very small for 6 people to stay, no even spaces to place our luggage, no locker provided. Toilet and shower room is located outside of the room which is very absurd for girls room privacy.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

It's cheap and just a great place to spend time at. I'll definitely book here the next time I am in London

Definitely a good choice: superb location (just few mins walking to Lambeth North station & Waterloo), excellent price, positive atmosphere, clean premises and good facilities. The only turndowns were: bunk bad power plug not working and just one of the reception staff who wasn't really about doing his job (barely said "Hello" while busy writing his essay).

The female only 6 bed room was very cramped, with very little space. Not all of the personal lights and charging points worked. The 2 shower rooms on the ground floor had been re-furnished, but the sink did not work. However the facilities were totally inadequate for the number of people staying, evidenced by the fact that both times I showered there were people constantly trying the door. Inadequate toilet facilities and filthy run-down kitchen facilities. In its favour it was cheap.

• 24th Jan 2015

It´s calm and very close to everything. Very good. Cheers

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Had a great time in London ; it's great to be in a hostel so well situated ! The building is not very new but it's alright. Very nice staff, nice common room, comfy beds .. My "roommates" were noisy and/or snoring, but that has nothing to do with the hostel =). I'll definitely come back to this hostel next time I come to London.

Improve some of the basic facilities such as charging pot at beds,try not to put so many beds in one room which makes it very packed to live in.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Malaysia

Great location and great atmosphere. The serious looking Scottish guy was a great laugh and really helpful. Would definitely come back

This hostel wasn't horrible but it wasn't great either. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm. I didn't know rooms existed that were this small. It's probably illegal how small this room was. The bathroom was always dirty but the showers were really really extremely nice and looked new. There are 2 power sockets and one lamp at each bed but only one power socket worked in the whole room, and only 1 or 2 of the lamps worked too. That's 1 power socket working out of 12... Ok.. the location was good