London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

I was just spending one night there. Everything looked, decent place, good breakfast, no problem at all with checking it past midnight. Only one thing, in my room (dorm room - around 12/14 people) was so hot. I was visiting in beginning of June and inside of room was more than 26 degrees C. Too hot to sleep.

The hostel is really cheap and great location in London.

-Dorm beds need curtains (there was no way to block out the hallway light when trying to sleep) -a mirror in the girls room would be great, it was super annoying to have to wait again for the one bathroom with the mirror or use the one in the toilets and block people's way who were trying to wash their hands -a shelf in the shower room would be practicle -your location is awesome however! -staff were friendly -definetely need more cutlery and crockery for the breakfast (I always had to wait)

positives were reception, kitchen, free breakfast, usb-ports at reception downsides, everything were tiny, tiny toilet like airplane, tiny shower and there was nothing to hang your clothes or anything to put em. really annoying to just dump all you clothes on wet floor. there was nothing to sit on room, or storage and beds were most awful cages ever, maybe for children, i felt claustrophobic. No lockers only one big closet.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Finland

In my opinion, London Eye Hostel is a cheap and well located accomodattion option for staying at London for only few days. The 15 beds-room was tiny, and the whole 2nd floor where it was located, only had one non-functioning toilette. The hostel's staff charges you for using the lockers, (which is unfaire), and of course for leaving any luggage for few hours until your flight. In conclusion: an aceptable option but don't expect too much of it.

Miserable conditions, small rooms with lots of people, no secure storage space as lockers included in the price.

• 31st May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thank you for your review. All rooms now have wooden floors, have been recently redecorated and all showers are new. Please see this website as well as our own. Private Lockers are available although they are not in the bedrooms. Lockers in dorms in hostels are not a good idea as they can be broken into quite easily with no one seeing. We have our lockers in public areas watched 24/7 by CCTV anad have never had one broken into. Thank you for your review

Great hostel. I dont know what the last guy was complaining about. If you stay in a hostel you are sharing the room and therefore should expect people to come in and out of the room. I counted 6 showers (I am weird like that).....how many do you want. OK, rooms could be larger but this is London.......NOT A CHEAP CITY!!!

• 31st May 2015

You not allowed food in the dorms. Lockers were not easily accessible. Washrooms were often crowded. There are triple bunks in the 15 bed dorm I stayed in which makes the room very crowded. Hard to walk around with all the luggage. Wouldn't stay there for a while. Okay for a 1 or 2 night stay I guess. Wifi really only works in the common area.

• 28th May 2015

Thank your for your review. We do not allow food in the dorms for hygiene reasons. All are lockers are in public areas and are bright green......maybe you should buy some glasses!! We have FREE WIFI throughout the building, is it BT SUPERFAST WIFI....

NOT ENOUGH BATHROOMS, loud, weird old people everywhere, 4 staff members walked into our room while we were napping trying to clean it, door open all the time so whoever could walk in, luggage room was outside, room was WAY too small...didn't even get the room we booked.

Thanks for your review. We have 6 brand new showers at the hostel, All rooms are newly decorated with wooden floors (see pictures). We have 2 luggage rooms (one inside and one outside). We have 2 cleaners at the hostel and therefore to say that 4 tried to enter your room to clean it is an exaggertion. I have looked into your comment about not getting the accommodation you booked. This is incorrect as the room type you booked is exactly the room you stayed in. Again, thanks for your review.

Overall everything is good

• 26th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The beds each have an outlet and a personal light which was great. My outlet however made sizzling and crackling noises all night and didn't actually charge any of my stuff. One of the girls in my group had someone go through her bag and steal some of her stuff. The location was a little difficult to find and seemed a bit dodgy at first. At night though it was fairly quiet. The beds were comfortable enough. It was about a 15 minute walk from the London Eye, and close to lots of other landmarks.

Thanks for your review. Its a pity that you didnt inform any of our staff about the faulty electrical outlet. After reading your review I have had it checked out and it is now ok. Unfortunately thefts occasionally happen in all hostels, this is why we advise all guests not to store valuables in the rooms. I myself was a victim of this in a German hostel several years ago......Again, its a pity that you didnt reprt this as we have CCTV in all public areas and may have caught the culprit.

Perfect location perfect price can't complain

• 24th May 2015

hot place to stay!!!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Barbados

At first I was disappointed about the location but once getting the hang of the tubes it is near everything around London. Very basic hostel, not much space to put your luggage in a very crowded room, nice lounge chill area, would be great to have access to the smoking balcony- could really be done up nice. Friendly staff and lovely travellers and I enjoyed my stay. Cheap/ you get what you pay for.

Wouldn't stay again. The rooms are cramped with 3-tier bunks with barely any adequate room for keeping bags without tripping over everyone's things. Only 1 of 3 guys at reception that I dealt with were very pleasant. Booked an extra night because I was desperate and feel like I was grossly overcharged. Kitchen facilities and included breakfast were all good, showers were nice but there weren't enough of them. Didn't feel particularly safe during my stay as a solo female traveler.

The rooms are over crowded and even though we didn't have suitcases other people did, for health and safety I would advise that you have space for people to keep their suitcases in their room so as not to trip over when coming in the night. In addition I feel you need an additional toilet on the floor. One is not good. On the plus side staff were amazing, location perfect, very safe area, kitchen facilities brilliant, breakfast great. Thank you for our stay, and take care. :-)

Good location, easy to walk into the main attractions . Good breakfast in the morning. Quiet street easy to sleep.

Welcoming atmosphere. Comfortable, clean bunk and bedding, with good facilities except very little storage room in dorm - no room for cases under bottom bunks, so took up floor space. More (& biggger) hooks in shower room would be simple to fix and make a big difference.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. They even have BEER PONG every friday....run by a crazy scots guy.

• 10th May 2015

I will stay here every time I visit London!

• 9th May 2015