London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

This hostel seems to violate all kinds of codes, there are 15 people in each bedroom with no floor space or space at all. It is far over maximum capacity for any room and to top it all off there are definitely not enough bathrooms for all of the people they have managed to put into the hostel. I had a bad experience where they changed my bed in the middle of my stay so when I came back to my room none of my stuff was on my bed and i freaked out. The people who stay there are very inconsiderate

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The hostel is fully licensed and complies with all health and setety regulations. We have 6 showers and 5 toilets in the building as well as a guest kitchen with both microwave oven and conventional hob stove. Additionally we have a guest fridge where you can keep all your fresh food. Thank you

When I first walked in some guy ran downstairs saying his laptop had been stolen. The lady at the front desk was very rude to him as I was checking in. You have to pay for lockers and the rooms are super tiny. My outlet barely worked and it was hot and smelly in the room. You can barely turn around in the bathroom/shower and have to keep pressing a button. The wifi worked 10% of the time and there's nothing around the location. It's on a dark back road that is dimly lit. Would not recommend.

nice hostel, location very central. 5 minutes to the tube station. Friendly staff.

Really enjoyed my stay. Really close to Big Ben. I heard it too front the front of the hostel......awesome Breakfast really good too and the staff very helpful explaiming to me how to get around london on foot...

Everything has an extra cost, from towel to loker. The rooms are smelly and the lobby a bit durty. The hostel doesn't present anything to integrate the guests and the staff are not so helpful. The shower was broken.

• 16th Oct 2015

"good enough" is the phrase that comes to mind, after booking a couple of nights before if you're a walker, it's fine -- we managed to walk to the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe, British Museum, St Paul's, Tower Bridge etc If you're booking a hop-on hop-off bus, there's a bus stop about five minutes up the road, near the Lambeth bridge The toilets were a bit gross, not much hot water in showers and wifi works best downstairs but is still sluggish Good as merely a sleeping place 👌🏼

I do not recommend this hostel, because everything in there is old and shabby. The bathrooms are partially very small and narrow. and they don't even have a lugagge room there. In general, I wasn't pleased with their standards there. The upside is the price, which is pretty cheap and it is a breakfast included in the price.

• 15th Oct 2015

Place was disgusting. Would never go back.

• 15th Oct 2015

Thanks to a great team for making my stay so enjoyable. Good location for sightseeing.

I spent six nights at this hostel in a middle bunk bed in a 15 mixed dorm. First of all, when you put 15 people in one room and give them ZERO luggage space, you are asking for trouble. Two people in my room actually had to sleep with their suitcases on their beds with them...because there was literally no floor space left. Opening a bag meant hauling to the hall outside, and rifling through it there. You also may want to consider having more than one toilet on the floor. This is ridiculous.

Great hostel with a good crowd. Very close to the center of London.

I was expecting for the hostel not to be a 5 star hotel but honestly, I could not get a good night sleep, when you check in we have to make the bed. they just leave a folded sheet, a duvet and a pillow on the bed. On the second night somebody got there laptop stolen from the room, and if you want a locker you have to pay 5£ and it's on the ground flour, and I was on the second. In the small room we where all staying in there were tow large windows and one of them didn't close. Etc...

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We do not have lockers in the bedrooms as lockers in dorms are not safe. In most hostels people are not in the rooms during the day and therefore it would be easy for a thief to break into lockers in the rooms. Instead we have lockers on the ground floor in public areas covered 24 hour CCTV and we have never had a theft. I doubt many hostels could honestly say the same. We charge a fee on £1 per day and ask for a £5 refundable deposit for the key.

18 people stay in the same room is a crazy idea. It's hard to get into my bed with the barrier which mad by the ladder and the fence. Bathrooms and toilets are totally insufficient.

We were on a mixed room for 15 people. The problem is that the bunk beds are for 3 instead of 2. The middle and the bottom bed are really uncomfortable you have not space to sit on the bed like the bed on the top. The breakfast is good but is a little bit difficult to make it if there are many people in the kitchen. We had not any problem but in this kind of room is necessary have lockers inside the room to put into the backpacks. It is a place just to sleep and plan your activities.

Great staff, great location and great times. Best hostel in London if your looking for the homely feel.

Excellent hostel in a great location for seeing the sights.

ad a real fun stay. Staff very helpful. Cleaning good. Location great. Only 15 minutes walk to Big Ben. Will definately recommend

Good clean hostel, staff were fantastic. Booked at only 2 days notice, price was still quite reasonable, but when we arrived we got upgraded to a private room at no extra cost. This made our week. Kitchen is good, common room is good, no complaints about the Internet, and the staff were amazingly helpful. Would stay again.

The hostel was pretty good, it had enough of everything you needed. Pretty cramped in the 15 bed dorm but that's to be expected. No complaints but nothing great about it either.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was decent, about a 5 minute walk from the closest tube station and about 10 minutes from the Millennium Bridge. Bathroom facilities were small, cramped, and not completely clean.