London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Only stayed for a night and wished I hadn't. There was nowhere to keep your luggage in your room, the rooms were overcrowded. Was woken up in the middle of the night by people yelling and a staff member trying to talk to them but also talking incredibly loudly. Not worth the money

I stayed one night for New Years Eve. I could walk to the Thames, but I wasn't very comfortable in the hostel. My dorm bed had been occupied by another guest, and I was referred by staff to a smaller, creakier bunk. The lavatory floors were dirty when I used them, and some of the doors did not lock. The only lockers were in a downstairs hallway and cost extra. The wifi didn't always work. The breakfast included cereal, toast with spread and jam, coffee and tea, and the quality was good.

Worst hostel I have ever been, the only good thing is the location.

Most of all the hostel was verry dirty and old. There was black mold on the walls. The beds were to small and the showers didn't run of they they should so you're wading in you own water..

• 27th Dec 2013

put another fridge do maintenance

I stayed during Christmas, the only advantage it was close to the main turistic area, London Eye and so on. I've stayed on the first floor only one shower were working,the other were dirty, with mold, it were hot but temperature can't be regulated.15 bed dorm is ridiculously small, no room for luggage, powerpoints didn't work and the bunk were creakier. Plus,I suspect that the beds had bed bugs because after my stayed my friend and I had allergic crisis with red spots all over our body

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. All showers in the hostel are working now. I have also had the entire hostel checked for bed bugs and am happy to say that none were found.

The staff was so friendly and helpful - even printing my boarding pass for me and explaining in detail exactly where to catch the bus etc. etc....Really excellent value and location. I would definitely stay there again if I ever return to London.

• 12th Dec 2013

Awful place! Almost every word in its review is false. The rooms were really tiny without any place for luggage or clothes, there was hot water in basin in the room with shower, but there was not cold water, superfast' wifi worked very bad.

I am afraid that I must disagree with you on almost every point you make. You stayed on the ground floor of the hostel and only yards from the reception desk where the internet router is located. We offer FREE SUPERFAST WIFI (few hostels in London offer this) with an average speed of 40 meg. (the average WIFI speed in London is 12 meg) We have cleaners every day to keep the hostel clean and are undergoing right now a major refurbishment of the hostel. With new boilers and installing new showers

Very bad in general. Run down building, dirty, ugly. 15 bed dorm is ridiculously small, no room for luggage, unhealthily hot at night. Showers were dirty and too hot and temperature cant be regulated. I'd never stay there again. Cooker was broken, breakfast was mediocre and some of the staff too, though not all. Good thing was individual power point and night light... mine worked at least! They charge you too much for using their lockers.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the LONDON EYE HOSTEL. we have cleaners every day and are in the middle of major refurbishment work, including painting the rooms as well as fitting new boilers, showers and shower area. The broken cooker has now been replaced with a Brand new one. For luggage storage we have 2 large luggage rooms where you can store any bags you do need in your bedroom. We charge £1 per day for using a locker, I do not think that is "too much" to ask.

I stayed Nov 2013 for 9 days and Im in two minds about this hostel. For one you dont need a padlock for lockers as you now pay a £1 a day and £5 deposit, plus you dont get to keep the key which isnt as advertised, plus theyre not in your rooms but in a corridor. The reception staff I found to be rude but the cleaners were nice! The hostel was clean, the showers very much so however my room had mold growing on the walls very badly and the staff dont seem bothered. Good location but could be bettr

• 19th Nov 2013

The hostels seemed nice. I really didn't spend much time in it a total of 5 hours. Front desk was nice enough to put me on a bottom bunk when I asked. Also the beds are tiny in height. I couldn't even come close to sitting up in the bed. That was the only bad thing.

I've booked for 4 nights. But just couldnt stay any longer then 1 night. They place was very loud and nothing was ok. In my room the had big fans just to cool the room. Very unprofessional. The breakfast was ok, but not good. I wouldnt even recomend this place to my worst enemy!

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Positive: Bed was comfy All areas clean Staff were very friendly Negative: Neighbours were too noisy....use of hairdryer in the common area (just outside of other residents' room) at 01:00 should not be allowed! Curtain was not properly placed, thus was not able to close it properly Space in the room was minimal, can't imagine having three persons (room was for three) with luggage No storage space except for a small rack Sofa in the common area needs replacement Internet slow

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Malta

After reading previous reviews I was hesitant, however it was easy to find and the guys behind the desk were helpful. The room was secure, clean and everything I needed for a one night stay

Bayhrooms weren't great. Only one shower and toilet was working when I stayed there. Rooms were tiny with no rooms for bags and some powerpoints didn't work. But it was really close to the city and was a warm bed against the cold. Staff were very helpful.

Run down interiors and not very clean premises, bathrooms and rooms Very noisy room where shower generator could be loudly heard through the night every time someone took a shower Not impressed at all and definitely not good value for money . Staff was very nice and helpful though

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Spain

There are facilities being advertised as included in this hostel that are seriously deficient. Many of the doors do not close properly, the showers and toilets are constantly out of order, and the internet is spotty. I also think it's ridiculous that lockers have to be rented. I can understand asking a deposit for a key, but a rental fee is miserly. The staff were always lovely to me, but I saw them be excessively rude and verbally forceful to several customers on multiple occasions.

• 28th Oct 2013

There was only one shower and one toilet working during our stay which made life at the hostel a bit difficult. Also the lihht and charger didn't work on my bed. But it is close to the city and at the end of the day it is a bed to sleep in.

A bit expensive for what it was. Location and staff were alright, but the door lock was busted and so were like, half of the showers and toilets and the facilities were a bit dirty. Pretty disappointing.

• 26th Oct 2013

The bedroom number 8 was very noise when people turn on the shower was impossible to sleep .