London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Perfect hostel for what we were looking for - cheap, good location, relaxed atmosphere, basic but reliable facilities. We didnt spend much time in the hostel as we were mostly out in london all day however it was always nice to return to, very friendly and the fellow hostel-goers seemed to be really great.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

I wish that at 22pm the lights would have to be off and everyone in the rooms Would have to be quiet. I had to wake up early and couldnt sleep because in my room 5 girls where so so loud that i couldnt sleep until 3am!!! Terrible!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Poland

They should optimize their breakfast, it was not satisfying and chaotically.

Excelent hostel!

• 14th Jun 2015

The main attractions(london eye, big ben...) are very close so you can save on transportation. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The only bad thing is that there are only small lockers and you would have to leave your luggage by the bed. Overall, good atmosphere and location.

I really enjoyed staying in this hostel. The staff was good and the bedrooms as well. All the hostel was clean and the breakfast included was pretty satisfying.

• 11th Jun 2015

Very satisfied with this hostel. Easy to find, close to attractions and tube stations, clean and comfortable and I was impressed with the charging sockets at every bed in the dorms.

The hostel offered quite good value for money, it was clean, shovers and toilets work properly and the location is OK. Rooms were too small, though, to host as many residents and bigger and/or free-of-charge lockers are needed desperately as well as bigger luggage storage room. Wifi signal was insufficient in some places in the hostel. The breakfast met our expectations as well as the staff which was nice, but sometimes little reluctant to help in different situations.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Finland

I really enjoyed my short stay at the london eye hostel. The staff were all very friendly and the receptionist was very knowledgable about the area an about peoples cultures so could make people feel welcome by mentioning something about the culture. The cleaning lady's were very nice as well I lost something and they helped go through all the bins to help. The location was very good and close to all the main london attractions. The rooms were all clean and tidy. I Would stay there again.

This is a very good hostel and I look forward to staying there again.

Satisfied.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I was just spending one night there. Everything looked, decent place, good breakfast, no problem at all with checking it past midnight. Only one thing, in my room (dorm room - around 12/14 people) was so hot. I was visiting in beginning of June and inside of room was more than 26 degrees C. Too hot to sleep.

The hostel is really cheap and great location in London.

-Dorm beds need curtains (there was no way to block out the hallway light when trying to sleep) -a mirror in the girls room would be great, it was super annoying to have to wait again for the one bathroom with the mirror or use the one in the toilets and block people's way who were trying to wash their hands -a shelf in the shower room would be practicle -your location is awesome however! -staff were friendly -definetely need more cutlery and crockery for the breakfast (I always had to wait)

positives were reception, kitchen, free breakfast, usb-ports at reception downsides, everything were tiny, tiny toilet like airplane, tiny shower and there was nothing to hang your clothes or anything to put em. really annoying to just dump all you clothes on wet floor. there was nothing to sit on room, or storage and beds were most awful cages ever, maybe for children, i felt claustrophobic. No lockers only one big closet.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Finland

In my opinion, London Eye Hostel is a cheap and well located accomodattion option for staying at London for only few days. The 15 beds-room was tiny, and the whole 2nd floor where it was located, only had one non-functioning toilette. The hostel's staff charges you for using the lockers, (which is unfaire), and of course for leaving any luggage for few hours until your flight. In conclusion: an aceptable option but don't expect too much of it.

Miserable conditions, small rooms with lots of people, no secure storage space as lockers included in the price.

• 31st May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Thank you for your review. All rooms now have wooden floors, have been recently redecorated and all showers are new. Please see this website as well as our own. Private Lockers are available although they are not in the bedrooms. Lockers in dorms in hostels are not a good idea as they can be broken into quite easily with no one seeing. We have our lockers in public areas watched 24/7 by CCTV anad have never had one broken into. Thank you for your review

Great hostel. I dont know what the last guy was complaining about. If you stay in a hostel you are sharing the room and therefore should expect people to come in and out of the room. I counted 6 showers (I am weird like that).....how many do you want. OK, rooms could be larger but this is London.......NOT A CHEAP CITY!!!

• 31st May 2015

You not allowed food in the dorms. Lockers were not easily accessible. Washrooms were often crowded. There are triple bunks in the 15 bed dorm I stayed in which makes the room very crowded. Hard to walk around with all the luggage. Wouldn't stay there for a while. Okay for a 1 or 2 night stay I guess. Wifi really only works in the common area.

• 28th May 2015

Thank your for your review. We do not allow food in the dorms for hygiene reasons. All are lockers are in public areas and are bright green......maybe you should buy some glasses!! We have FREE WIFI throughout the building, is it BT SUPERFAST WIFI....

NOT ENOUGH BATHROOMS, loud, weird old people everywhere, 4 staff members walked into our room while we were napping trying to clean it, door open all the time so whoever could walk in, luggage room was outside, room was WAY too small...didn't even get the room we booked.

Thanks for your review. We have 6 brand new showers at the hostel, All rooms are newly decorated with wooden floors (see pictures). We have 2 luggage rooms (one inside and one outside). We have 2 cleaners at the hostel and therefore to say that 4 tried to enter your room to clean it is an exaggertion. I have looked into your comment about not getting the accommodation you booked. This is incorrect as the room type you booked is exactly the room you stayed in. Again, thanks for your review.