London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

The guy at the reception was very nice and helpfull. As for the rooms..we were at 3bed private room. It was very hot and there is no window to the outside but only to the hall. Showers were dirty-but i think this was because the hostel was full and cleaners couldn't clean all the time (and people in hostels usually don't clean after themselves). The hostel isn't bad, but for this price we paid it was terrible (if we paid 10pounds per night i wouldn't complain).

I thought the place was so disgusting and so filthy that I didn't even want to put my bag in the luggageroom because it was filed with dirty clothes and some paper think it was toiletpaper. I booked my stay one week ahead but when we got there in the middle of the night they said that they are overbooked. And the staff just thought we where annoying. In the kitchen you gut stuck to the floor because it was so sticky! So don't go other hostels in the area is warning you don't go there!!!!!!!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

it was pretty far from bigben and the house of parliament. but staffs were really kind and friendly. Also you can use wifi in your room. Eventhough room is tiny and the gap between bed is really narrow but as u know this hostel is one of the cheapest hostel. considering its price this hostel is really good

The location was only 10 minutes away from the major sites which was good, however lockers are not provided for free and neither is wifi. The staff was not very helpful or friendly. Two males were working the entire week I stayed and they continued to roll their eyes when I asked questions. At the time I was there, there were only 4 working toliets for a full hostel of 100 people or more, as well as only 4 working showers. This was so irritating and I would not stay at this hostel again.

• 28th Jun 2014

Most of the guys work there are extremely friendly. Especially David.

It was my first time in a hostel and the atmosphere allowed me to be willing to go back to other hostel's in the future. It was a good environment for a weekend away.

• 27th Jun 2014

It's definitely a hostel for very short stays. The bedrooms are ok. At least in my room (12 mixed dorm) there was plug (british and european styles) for each bed. My main concern about the place was the ventilation, bathrooms and kitchen with no windows or any ventilation system, which made these rooms stink. Breakfast was ok too and had no problem with the wifi connection. The week days worth the price, but I wouldn't pay the weekend price again.

• 24th Jun 2014

The room I stayed was a small room with six people inside with and a small window. There wasn't enough space to put the luggages and to walk at the same time. At night the guests spoke loudly and banged the doors all the time. The toilettes were small and dirty. I stayed at the YHA hostel which is very good compared with London Eye.

Staff was friendly but the atmosphere was kinda shiity. Not good for going on your own.

horrible bathrooms

• 21st Jun 2014

Only 1 shower work for the entire building during our stay!

• 20th Jun 2014

(Male, 23, USA) First hostel we stayed at on our trip. It didn't seem awful at the time but after seeing the other hostels, this was definitely the worst one we stayed at and was over priced for what you get. Although it was kind of close to the London Eye, it was pretty far from the main city night life. The atmosphere didn't lend well to meeting other travelers and I would not book there again if I ever go back to London. The only positive aspect was the staff, who were very nice and helpful

Rated all average because I didn't make it to london this time

The Indian guy who works at night is rude and insulting...he's clearly in the wrong line of work. He should stay far from hospitality as well as people.

London Eye Hostel was warm, welcoming and lovely.

• 15th Jun 2014

good atmosphere, friendly staffs, excellent wi-fi, good beds, very nice to meet people and hang out.

This place is complete trash. It's not very clean and many facilities (showers, etc) do not work. We had an incident with a room mate who woke everyone up on a psychotic bad trip. Despite heavy verbal abuse from his part and obvious death threats to one of us, the manager refused to call the police. After a while he finally agreed and they took him in, but my night's sleep was already ruined. They promised we would get an email refund which never came. 0/10 would not recommend.

• 14th Jun 2014

Great staff, crowded, one shower for two floors. Place for job seekers.

The bathrooms were quite dirty and there was only 1 working (from 4 in 2 floors). Toilets were OK, but fastly become dirty because of many people using =( The rooms were really warm and no air flow seemed to occur... Actually there is an air fan in the room, but is located in one of the corners and is not enough for everyone...it was too hot to sleep. Despite of that, beds are good and have individual power spots and lights, which helps to not disturb other guests. Overal: average for $15pday

No lockers in the room, fairly expensive... Great location.

Hi, We do not have lockers in the dorms as they are are secure in the bedrooms. It only takes one person to open all lockers in a rooms and of course there is no CCTV in a bedroom. We do however have lockers in public areas that have CCTV. This is probably why we have never had a locker broken into. Thank you for your stay.