London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Overall everything is good

• 26th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The beds each have an outlet and a personal light which was great. My outlet however made sizzling and crackling noises all night and didn't actually charge any of my stuff. One of the girls in my group had someone go through her bag and steal some of her stuff. The location was a little difficult to find and seemed a bit dodgy at first. At night though it was fairly quiet. The beds were comfortable enough. It was about a 15 minute walk from the London Eye, and close to lots of other landmarks.

Thanks for your review. Its a pity that you didnt inform any of our staff about the faulty electrical outlet. After reading your review I have had it checked out and it is now ok. Unfortunately thefts occasionally happen in all hostels, this is why we advise all guests not to store valuables in the rooms. I myself was a victim of this in a German hostel several years ago......Again, its a pity that you didnt reprt this as we have CCTV in all public areas and may have caught the culprit.

Perfect location perfect price can't complain

• 24th May 2015

hot place to stay!!!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Barbados

At first I was disappointed about the location but once getting the hang of the tubes it is near everything around London. Very basic hostel, not much space to put your luggage in a very crowded room, nice lounge chill area, would be great to have access to the smoking balcony- could really be done up nice. Friendly staff and lovely travellers and I enjoyed my stay. Cheap/ you get what you pay for.

Wouldn't stay again. The rooms are cramped with 3-tier bunks with barely any adequate room for keeping bags without tripping over everyone's things. Only 1 of 3 guys at reception that I dealt with were very pleasant. Booked an extra night because I was desperate and feel like I was grossly overcharged. Kitchen facilities and included breakfast were all good, showers were nice but there weren't enough of them. Didn't feel particularly safe during my stay as a solo female traveler.

The rooms are over crowded and even though we didn't have suitcases other people did, for health and safety I would advise that you have space for people to keep their suitcases in their room so as not to trip over when coming in the night. In addition I feel you need an additional toilet on the floor. One is not good. On the plus side staff were amazing, location perfect, very safe area, kitchen facilities brilliant, breakfast great. Thank you for our stay, and take care. :-)

Good location, easy to walk into the main attractions . Good breakfast in the morning. Quiet street easy to sleep.

Welcoming atmosphere. Comfortable, clean bunk and bedding, with good facilities except very little storage room in dorm - no room for cases under bottom bunks, so took up floor space. More (& biggger) hooks in shower room would be simple to fix and make a big difference.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. They even have BEER PONG every friday....run by a crazy scots guy.

• 10th May 2015

I will stay here every time I visit London!

• 9th May 2015

Some sleeping quarters are a little tight for many people who have bags when traveling.

• 9th May 2015

The best parts are location and staff. It's in a quiet part of Lambeth North, within walking distance of the Thames and Imperial War Museum. The hostel provides bus route info. I was in the 6 bed female dorm - triple bunks. Mine had a broken reading light; when I told the front desk he offered to move my bed. My second bed ALSO had a broken light, but at least the location was better. No room for 6 people, bunks AND luggage in the room. Breakfast is basic. WiFi patchy. Not great, not horrible.

Me my girlfriend stayed in the 12 mixed dorm. Comfortable beds, clean room, charger outlets (both UK and Eu plugs) in each bed. Basic breakfast consisting of cereal and milk, toast and coffee. Perfect to keep you going till lunch. In walking distance to London Eye and centrum. Staff as really helpful with booking taxi to the airport early in morning.

• 7th May 2015
  • Sweden

The price was good for the location, an easy bus ride to Piccadilly, Oxford street and kings cross etc. Staff are nice enough. The breakfast included is basic, just toast and cereal no juices. The rooms are pretty small with triple bunks but they can fit suitcases in. It would of been nice if you could sit up in the bunk beds, they're too short. Don't get a bunk next to the window you'll catch a cold.Overall good value for a London hostel. I would stay here again.

Best hostel in London I have ever stayed in (Having stayed in most....over the years). I didnt need to use an oyster card or buy a travelcard as I walked everywhere. Its true, its onlt 15 minutes walk to Big Ben and the London Eye. I will definately come back soon.

• 5th May 2015

good location and the best hostel I stayed at in London

I actually left the hostel and chose not to say because I felt unsafe. During my time travelling a few years ago I. Slept in mixed dorms which I had no problem with at all, but when I entered the 'mixed' 12 bed dorm that I had been allocated I found that I (a lone female) would be in a locked room with 11 men. I couldn't stay and felt wholly unsafe.

• 30th Apr 2015

The hostel was as described, as expected and very welcoming. The staff and long term residents were lovely. The rooms are a bit crowded with little storage space but is clean with fresh linen. The only improvement that could be made to the rooms is privacy curtains for the bunks. Fairly well located, just short walk to tube, bus and all the main attractions.

Staff very nice but atmosphere not good and very old hostel. Location was quite good and close to the centre but everything what was in this hostel was really bad quality.... just to come and sleep nothing else...

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for your review. Our staff are AWSOME....I think that you must have been referring to another hostel. We have just had a major refurbishment of all our bedrooms, all rooms now have wooden floors and all showers are brand new. Please see the pictures on Hostelworld.com. We are also only a 15 walk to BIG BEN and Westminster and the LONDON EYE itself. Lambeth North "tube" station is only a 5 minute walk from us with direct trains to OXFORD STREET, PICCADILLY CIRCUS and many more.....