London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

If you enjoy smelly pillows, weak wifi, one handbasin per floor, overcrowded rooms with no lockers/storage space and the ambiance of a tomb, then this hostel is for you. I suppose the only thing going for it is that they provided a charger and light beside the bed.

Thanks for your review. Security is an inportant issue in all hostels and we take this very seriously We do have lockers for guests but to improve security they are not in dorms. It is dangerous to have lockers in dorms as if only one person in the room during the day they can be easily broken into. We have our lockers in Public areas, under 24/7 CCTV and we have NEVER HAD A THEFT. Not many hostels can say that honestly. The hostel has 6 showers and 5 toilets located around the building.

This was a great experience. I received a new room due to window work and it was the best room in the hostel..a single room!

• 22nd Oct 2015

I was in a 15 bed mixed room which I would never do again. The beds are triple bunked in a very tiny room so there is no floor space. My friends and I even slept with our luggage on our beds because there was no place to put it. As a light sleeper, I essentially got no sleep in this hostel because people were loud in the room, in the hallway and outside the hostel. There are no lockers in the room, only small lockers near reception that are only big enough to put important documents in.

This hostel seems to violate all kinds of codes, there are 15 people in each bedroom with no floor space or space at all. It is far over maximum capacity for any room and to top it all off there are definitely not enough bathrooms for all of the people they have managed to put into the hostel. I had a bad experience where they changed my bed in the middle of my stay so when I came back to my room none of my stuff was on my bed and i freaked out. The people who stay there are very inconsiderate

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The hostel is fully licensed and complies with all health and setety regulations. We have 6 showers and 5 toilets in the building as well as a guest kitchen with both microwave oven and conventional hob stove. Additionally we have a guest fridge where you can keep all your fresh food. Thank you

When I first walked in some guy ran downstairs saying his laptop had been stolen. The lady at the front desk was very rude to him as I was checking in. You have to pay for lockers and the rooms are super tiny. My outlet barely worked and it was hot and smelly in the room. You can barely turn around in the bathroom/shower and have to keep pressing a button. The wifi worked 10% of the time and there's nothing around the location. It's on a dark back road that is dimly lit. Would not recommend.

nice hostel, location very central. 5 minutes to the tube station. Friendly staff.

Really enjoyed my stay. Really close to Big Ben. I heard it too front the front of the hostel......awesome Breakfast really good too and the staff very helpful explaiming to me how to get around london on foot...

Everything has an extra cost, from towel to loker. The rooms are smelly and the lobby a bit durty. The hostel doesn't present anything to integrate the guests and the staff are not so helpful. The shower was broken.

• 16th Oct 2015

"good enough" is the phrase that comes to mind, after booking a couple of nights before if you're a walker, it's fine -- we managed to walk to the Tate Modern, Shakespeare's Globe, British Museum, St Paul's, Tower Bridge etc If you're booking a hop-on hop-off bus, there's a bus stop about five minutes up the road, near the Lambeth bridge The toilets were a bit gross, not much hot water in showers and wifi works best downstairs but is still sluggish Good as merely a sleeping place 👌🏼

I do not recommend this hostel, because everything in there is old and shabby. The bathrooms are partially very small and narrow. and they don't even have a lugagge room there. In general, I wasn't pleased with their standards there. The upside is the price, which is pretty cheap and it is a breakfast included in the price.

• 15th Oct 2015

Place was disgusting. Would never go back.

• 15th Oct 2015

Thanks to a great team for making my stay so enjoyable. Good location for sightseeing.

I spent six nights at this hostel in a middle bunk bed in a 15 mixed dorm. First of all, when you put 15 people in one room and give them ZERO luggage space, you are asking for trouble. Two people in my room actually had to sleep with their suitcases on their beds with them...because there was literally no floor space left. Opening a bag meant hauling to the hall outside, and rifling through it there. You also may want to consider having more than one toilet on the floor. This is ridiculous.

Great hostel with a good crowd. Very close to the center of London.

I was expecting for the hostel not to be a 5 star hotel but honestly, I could not get a good night sleep, when you check in we have to make the bed. they just leave a folded sheet, a duvet and a pillow on the bed. On the second night somebody got there laptop stolen from the room, and if you want a locker you have to pay 5£ and it's on the ground flour, and I was on the second. In the small room we where all staying in there were tow large windows and one of them didn't close. Etc...

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We do not have lockers in the bedrooms as lockers in dorms are not safe. In most hostels people are not in the rooms during the day and therefore it would be easy for a thief to break into lockers in the rooms. Instead we have lockers on the ground floor in public areas covered 24 hour CCTV and we have never had a theft. I doubt many hostels could honestly say the same. We charge a fee on £1 per day and ask for a £5 refundable deposit for the key.

18 people stay in the same room is a crazy idea. It's hard to get into my bed with the barrier which mad by the ladder and the fence. Bathrooms and toilets are totally insufficient.

We were on a mixed room for 15 people. The problem is that the bunk beds are for 3 instead of 2. The middle and the bottom bed are really uncomfortable you have not space to sit on the bed like the bed on the top. The breakfast is good but is a little bit difficult to make it if there are many people in the kitchen. We had not any problem but in this kind of room is necessary have lockers inside the room to put into the backpacks. It is a place just to sleep and plan your activities.

Great staff, great location and great times. Best hostel in London if your looking for the homely feel.

Excellent hostel in a great location for seeing the sights.

ad a real fun stay. Staff very helpful. Cleaning good. Location great. Only 15 minutes walk to Big Ben. Will definately recommend