London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

The best parts are location and staff. It's in a quiet part of Lambeth North, within walking distance of the Thames and Imperial War Museum. The hostel provides bus route info. I was in the 6 bed female dorm - triple bunks. Mine had a broken reading light; when I told the front desk he offered to move my bed. My second bed ALSO had a broken light, but at least the location was better. No room for 6 people, bunks AND luggage in the room. Breakfast is basic. WiFi patchy. Not great, not horrible.

Me my girlfriend stayed in the 12 mixed dorm. Comfortable beds, clean room, charger outlets (both UK and Eu plugs) in each bed. Basic breakfast consisting of cereal and milk, toast and coffee. Perfect to keep you going till lunch. In walking distance to London Eye and centrum. Staff as really helpful with booking taxi to the airport early in morning.

• 7th May 2015
  • Sweden

The price was good for the location, an easy bus ride to Piccadilly, Oxford street and kings cross etc. Staff are nice enough. The breakfast included is basic, just toast and cereal no juices. The rooms are pretty small with triple bunks but they can fit suitcases in. It would of been nice if you could sit up in the bunk beds, they're too short. Don't get a bunk next to the window you'll catch a cold.Overall good value for a London hostel. I would stay here again.

Best hostel in London I have ever stayed in (Having stayed in most....over the years). I didnt need to use an oyster card or buy a travelcard as I walked everywhere. Its true, its onlt 15 minutes walk to Big Ben and the London Eye. I will definately come back soon.

• 5th May 2015

good location and the best hostel I stayed at in London

I actually left the hostel and chose not to say because I felt unsafe. During my time travelling a few years ago I. Slept in mixed dorms which I had no problem with at all, but when I entered the 'mixed' 12 bed dorm that I had been allocated I found that I (a lone female) would be in a locked room with 11 men. I couldn't stay and felt wholly unsafe.

• 30th Apr 2015

The hostel was as described, as expected and very welcoming. The staff and long term residents were lovely. The rooms are a bit crowded with little storage space but is clean with fresh linen. The only improvement that could be made to the rooms is privacy curtains for the bunks. Fairly well located, just short walk to tube, bus and all the main attractions.

Staff very nice but atmosphere not good and very old hostel. Location was quite good and close to the centre but everything what was in this hostel was really bad quality.... just to come and sleep nothing else...

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Thank you for your review. Our staff are AWSOME....I think that you must have been referring to another hostel. We have just had a major refurbishment of all our bedrooms, all rooms now have wooden floors and all showers are brand new. Please see the pictures on Hostelworld.com. We are also only a 15 walk to BIG BEN and Westminster and the LONDON EYE itself. Lambeth North "tube" station is only a 5 minute walk from us with direct trains to OXFORD STREET, PICCADILLY CIRCUS and many more.....

Rooms with 15 people are not suitable for the ones who want to have a good night of sleep. Just a tip. The breakfast is OK and they offer a lot of security, which was one of the things that I liked the most! The showers are good as well! The location is PERFECT!

Its a great hostel for that price!Location just a perfect,30 min by walk from Victoria station,Piccadily,etc...There is a kitchen,where possible to cook,free tea,coffee,nice lounge with TV,clean beddings,nice bathrooms.Relaxed atmosphere!Definitely one of the best inexpensive hostels in London!

The website says that the hostel provides free linnen. However, this didn't included towels and I had to buy them (5 pounds). This issue could be more clear on your website

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

It's too small, everything.. And there where 2 showers for more or less 45 people and 1 toilette

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

We have refurbished all 6 showers at the hostel. They look fantastic we also have have new wooden flooring in all dorms, corridors and private double and triple rooms. As well as this most of our toilets have been refurbished with new floors and tiled walls. Thanks again for your reply iew

Hostel in a great location near to the city centre, pubs, museums, restaurants and tube stations. On every floor there are freshly refurbished and clean showers and toilets, useful big kitchen, big screen TV to watch movies with other cool people and two access points to free WiFi (sometimes overloaded, but usually fast). Staff is very nice and friendly and it's a great place to stay here longer and access all the city attractions.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Poland

An average place, acceptable, most mornings I had to wait for showers, hot water can be unpredictable sometimes.

• 25th Mar 2015

Good hostel, but name is a bit misleading as it isn't particularly close to the London eye!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Thank you for your review. We are in fact only a 15 minute walk from the London Eye. and it can be seen from the end our Street, Lambeth Walk. Also only a 5 minute walk to Lambeth North underground station from where you can take an underground (tube) train and be in Piccadilly Circus or Oxford Street within 15 minutes. Thanks again for your review

Great value for the money! I think a lot of people forget what hostels are meant to be, and this exceeded my expectations by any means! Chargers by the bed, beds were very sturdy, staff was very helpful.

Very dirty toilets,Shower was out of order,window can not be closed,

• 20th Mar 2015

Thank you for your review. Our showers are brand new and are now open for use. One shower is actually being finished off today. Please see the pictures of the new showers on this website. We are also having wooden floors in all rooms. We are also only a 15 minute walk from BIG BEN, WESTMINSTER ABBEY and the LONDON EYE itself. Our closest underground train station is only 5 minutes by floor from us with direct trains to Oxford Circus (shopping) and Leicester Square (fun fun fun)

I wish I could get my money back, It was incredibly dirty! All the bathroom facilities were absolutely discussing the was pee on the floor!! HOT showers my ass it was freezing outside and the water was cold!! there was only one sink for like 40 people!! It says it included breakfast but its more like it includes "breakfast" there was people drinking coffee out of soup bowls because there was not enough cups! there was not enough bread for everyone!! There was a baby crying!

The hostel was in a good location, and the staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a 15 mixed room and it was very cramped as there was no under bed storage. There was one toilet and two showers per floor and the floor held over 30 people so there was a queue if went at busy times of the day for example morning time or late evening.

• 18th Mar 2015

For the price and location was ok, stayed in 15 bed dorm room, everything went normally, my only concern was related with some staff which didn't look so friendly but not all, its a good deal if you want to be located near the center with good prices, I would come back again if I needed

• 14th Mar 2015