London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Worst hostel I've ever been. Fifteen people in a 6x6 metres room...

• 25th Sep 2014

Was not a welcoming atmosphere.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The bathrooms were absolutely disgusting!! Mildew and mold everywhere. The shower water barely worked. The rooms were small with no air flow and half the lights on the beds didn't work. We talked with several other travelers that said this was the worst hostel they have ever stayed at. The location was horrible, it was at least a 10 minute walk to any bus.The worst part was the lobby, every time we walked through there were people there that would not stare and not smile. Gave us a weird feeling

• 19th Sep 2014

Rooms way to cramped and bodyheat unbearable. Stayed in similar hostels in London 20 years ago and nothing has changed with this hostel. Terrible place

• 19th Sep 2014

superfast internet, good kitchen, normal breakfast, courteous staff, large communcal area. Decent hostel.

Very full and hot rooms, with peoples luggage taking up all of the floor space. The WiFi doesn't reach the rooms. The included breakfast is a very simple toast and cereal arrangement. The surrounding area is quite a seedy/rundown community. I would only go again if it was the last reasonably priced option in London, but you can do much better.

Pros: Location People that you can meet there Place to put the bags for a while after check out Cons: Wi fi did not reach the bedroom Not really clean Small toilets Sockets to plug the charger wasnt working

There wasn't really a bathroom: it was 2 toilet cubicles (1 without a lock), 2 shower cubicles and a ridiculously small sink on our floor. The hostel is in a really good area of the city but it's down a windy lane that wasn't easy to find. My pillow case had a number of stains dotted on one side. On the positive side, the staff-member at the reception was very friendly and welcoming. It was also a really nice atmosphere to arrive to see a group of guests gathered together watching a movie.

The only good thing about this hostel is that it was very central. It was overpriced for what you paid. I paid 30 pound a night for a private, 3 bed room. My friends and I could not move in the room. Also the showers and toilets were absolutely disgusting. We're not cleaned once in the three days I stayed there. Would only recommend this place for one night, that's as long as you could possibly handle it for.

Thank you for your review. Although I would like to point we have cleaners every day whom main task is to clean the showers. The showers are used every by many guests who may not always leave them as they found them. Please let us know if they are dirty and we will immediately arrange for them to be cleaned. Thank you for your review

You need better kitchen, definitely.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Poland

This hostel has the friendliest staff ever!! I came to the hostel late at night and realized I had booked on the wrong day. The staff was very friendly and figured a way to host me for the night. The hostel has a very friendly atmosphere and I think it would be ideal for a long stay since it has a kitchen and a large shared area :)

I've never seen 12 people packed into such a small space in my life. The bathrooms were dirty and one of the two showers on the whole floor was out of order with no visible attempt to fix it. I was told that there were no more lockers available for me to use after checking in and so had to leave my bag in the ridiculously tiny room and hope none of my many roommates took anything or left the door open for others to do so. The wifi rarely worked.

They took all the money from our creditcard even though the confirmation said that we had to pay upon our arrival. When I phoned them, they were unfriendly. The room itself was tiny and stank. All showers on our floor weren't working. The toilets are a nightmare. We slept only between 1 and 5 o'clock - you could hear noises and conversations from other rooms and people arguing in the house next door all the time. We will post this review elsewhere, too, as this hostel destroyed our holiday!

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Russia

When you telephoned the hostel to query this we explained to you that we did not charge your card. We performed only a pre authorization which checks that your card has enough money on it to pay for your 1st night's accommodation. This however does show on your bank statement. This holds the money for only 7 days and will automatically be credited onto your account if not confirmed most other London hostels and hotels do this. Please do not swear on the phone at my staff in future.

Excellent location value for money on that part.

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. I stayed in a 6 bed female and the room was extremely small. Each bed has an outlet and a light but neither of mine worked and I'm pretty sure everyone else in my room had the same problem. The bathrooms were also small and the showers didn't drain properly which was a little gross. breakfast was pretty average, it was free so I cant really complain. The staff was great, very helpful. The location was good. Quick walk to metro and a quick walk to the London Eye

Sehr unfreundlicher Mitarbeiter an der Reception (Brille rot gefärbte Haare). Man darf erst nach 14 Uhr einchecken aber muss schon vor 10 Uhr auschecken.

• 16th Aug 2014

We stayed for five nights so we saw many different people. Thisw as our first stay in a hostel, and i must say i was pretty surprised at how freaking disrespectful some people are. But i assume it is like that everywhere you go. We rented a locker so we felt all our valuables were safe. (5£ deposit + 1£ per day) The showers were fine and the bathrooms too when they were clean. Close to lambeth north tube. Breakfast was nice, toast and cereal. Would stay again

• 13th Aug 2014

The hostel is great. But the Socket beside the bed was not working and the kitchen doesn't have much options.

• 13th Aug 2014

The bed size and moving space ia slightly too small people with long limbs to move around, otherwise are fair enough.

• 11th Aug 2014

The receptionist appeared to be offended by the prospect of me checking in. and He didn't look at me for the whole interaction.