London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Staff was super nice and helpful and the location is amazing - about a 10 minute walk from the center of London!

• 24th Jul 2014

The hot water in the shower and the lack of ventilation in the room can be overwhelming if you're visiting during the summer.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The staff were very friendly and helpfull! However the hostel was pretty dingy, the fridge was overfull and not at all clean and the breakfast was really poor. The rooms were very small, could hardly fit three suitecases. The rooms were still okey though, beds were comfy. Alot of small details, like lamps and so on, were broken. though not mega important, it still set down the overall feel of the hostel

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Put new carpet in and new doors with key cards and a working pool table. plus more

bad hostel

• 17th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Unclear about 3beds rooms. No sink in room at this price is not correct Showers out of order and unclean. Go to see generation hostel foŕ´example really better Regards

• 12th Jul 2014

If you only stay there to sleep, it's ok, allthough quite noisy during the night... Toilets and shower are really nasty and there is mold at the walls. Breakfast is ok (toast, marmelade, cereals) but they only offer instant coffee. The next underground station is about 10 minutes away and to big ben you have to walk like 20 minutes...

If you've ever lived in UK student accommodation then you can guess what this place is like. It's just like a house for young people who are there for a good time, so yes the place isn't too clean and some things are broken. I was a bit worried about the horror stories I'd read about this place, but to be honest it was fine. The shower was a bit grotty ( kinda like a festival one) so if that bothers you take some cheap foam flip flops. Great if you're on a tight budget.

Rooms are tiny cannot even breath. Washroom out of order. Smelly. No lights in washroom.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Beside the location there wasn't anything positive about the hostel. One couldn't feel safe at all because all doors were constantly open, especially the door to our dorm, so everybody could go in and out at all times. Showers and toilets were not too dirty, but way too less! Only two shower rooms and two toilets for 2 floors.

Good hostel, fantastic location. It's a 10 minute walk to Big Ben and 5 minutes to the tube station. There was a pretty relaxed atmosphere. Staff were nice and helpful. There was a small incident where my bed was packed up a day early but the staff dealt with it really well and I got my bed back. Unfortunately the travel towel I had hanging on the bed was gone and never found. Overall a good hostel for the money you pay

It's a decent place to stay one or two nights if you need to be near to Victoria (as I did) but you don't want to spend too much money, but one toilet every 30 people is absolutely unacceptable. Also, I was not expecting 3 level bunk beds: it's very difficult to sleep on the second or third level, since the second level is too low and you cannot sit on your bed in the morning (otherwise your head is going to hit the upper bed) and the third level is to high to reach comfortably.

I had a nice time at the hostel and the staff was friendly and very helpful .

• 6th Jul 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Only stayed one night out of three booked. Cramped hot shared dorm (12) and terrible showers/bathroom. Broken on my floor so had two showers servicing most of the hostel. Is near-ish to Lambeth North tube but expect a walk. Not a great place for wandering alone at night. Didn't have breakfast myself but other girls said it wasn't worth getting up for. Staff were friendly and helpful.

I stayed in a 14 bed room and it was super tight. Other than that, satisfactory for the location and the price. Locker prices were a bit pricy. I think it was a pound a day and the key was £5. Definitely a place to just go back and sleep, not much to hang around for.

On arriving we were met with a stare from reception but no verbal greeting, he then ignored us to talk to a drink guest before pointing to forms on the desk when I asked if we could check in. Our room had a window that wouldn't close, had no blind or curtain and the fan in the room was broken and hanging off the wall. When I went down to complain I got another stare. In the morning we were told there were no towels until 10am and when asked about the broken showers I was shouted at by staff. We had to use bed sheets to dry ourselves, not before cleaning the showers because they were filthy and blocked. The whole hostel is filthy though, you can walk off the street unchallenged, the staff are very rude. Worst hostel I've stayed in for 10 years.

Thank you for your review. The showers a now all working i am happy to say. We now have towels available at reception. Our location is perfect. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. ALL OUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF BREAKFAST, ALL LINEN AND FREE SUPERFAST WIFI.

I do not recommend staying at this hostel. The rooms are tiny with triple bunk beds and only one sink, two toilets, and two showers per floor. Living here was a nightmare and I couldn't wait to leave.

The guy at the reception was very nice and helpfull. As for the rooms..we were at 3bed private room. It was very hot and there is no window to the outside but only to the hall. Showers were dirty-but i think this was because the hostel was full and cleaners couldn't clean all the time (and people in hostels usually don't clean after themselves). The hostel isn't bad, but for this price we paid it was terrible (if we paid 10pounds per night i wouldn't complain).

I thought the place was so disgusting and so filthy that I didn't even want to put my bag in the luggageroom because it was filed with dirty clothes and some paper think it was toiletpaper. I booked my stay one week ahead but when we got there in the middle of the night they said that they are overbooked. And the staff just thought we where annoying. In the kitchen you gut stuck to the floor because it was so sticky! So don't go other hostels in the area is warning you don't go there!!!!!!!!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Sweden

it was pretty far from bigben and the house of parliament. but staffs were really kind and friendly. Also you can use wifi in your room. Eventhough room is tiny and the gap between bed is really narrow but as u know this hostel is one of the cheapest hostel. considering its price this hostel is really good