London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

The location was perfect and shower okay. The kitchen is tiny and poor on accessories, the dortoir was small, I see large better in Sydney. The cleanliness was not good. And the skin head receptionist guy WE'll be Large Better as a toilet cleaner, He is very bad with customer!!!

Everything was pretty good, but the breakfast included was very simple. They should include some fruit juice and towels service for toilets.

• 4th May 2014
  • Venezuela

Receptionist only played chess with his friend who wasnt a guest. Receptionist was also rude and wouldn't help us out without sighing and acting bothered.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

It was really impressive, the atmosphere, the feeling of security... All!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Some of the receptionist were really friendly but some others were not! Place quite ok!

Is the worst hostel I have ever been in. Is the smallest room you can imagine with 12 beds inside. I never saw something like this. Is dirty and has only two small bathrooms per floor. The stair are imposible (more if you come with your suitcase / backpack) The personal is not nice neither. They charge you more if you pay with credit card. The breakfast is the ugliest coffe in the dirtiest kitchen and some toast. And the worst part, is not even cheap!

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Breakfast consists of a choice of 5-6 cereals as well as tea and coffee (not ugly). We also offer free tea and coffee all day while you are staying at the hostel. Our bunk beds offer a reading light as well as 2 sockets, one for UK and one for European plugs. Please see our new website for details about the hostel. We have 2 cleaners everyday, although they do not work 24/7 and therefore perhaps other guests do not leave the showers./toilets clean

Here were not enough showers and toilets. I was on level one - had 1 toilet and 2 showers (one was out of order for most of the stay). There was acces to the other levels bathrooms but the 2nd level shower (ther were 2) were out of order for several days. There were 2 toilets on the second floor which was good. Also there seemed to be large groups of school children staying (aged 12-15 I would guess) which was strange for a hostel.

• 26th Apr 2014

One from the staff was the rudest i ever met. My bed did NOT have a own nightlight as I was promised. Not even a power plug. The bed made the most awful sounds every time you even thought about moving. Next to the bed was a water dispenser that made it impossible to sleep because of the sounds it made.

good place just to sleep, nothing more than that.

The 15 bed room is tiny, without any space at all AND NO LOCKERS in the room. Wasn't clean either. The location is not as good as they say. The kitchen is ridiculous, small, not enough cutlery...

Thank you for your review. Lockers in Hostel bedrooms are not very secure. Most dorms are empty during the day as people are outside of the hostel. It only takes one bad person to be in one dorm to open all the lockers, as hostel lockers tend not to be very secure. WE DO NOT HAVE CCTV IN BEDROOMS....Instead, our lockers are under constant CCTV as well as are looked over by our duty receptionist AND WE HAVE NEVER HAD A THEFT. We have 1-3 cleaners every day. BIG BEN IS 15 MINUTES WALK AWAY.

This hostel is in a great place as you can just walk to the Big Ben in about 15-20 minutes. It's also quite close to the Lambeth North Underground Station, and the bus stops if you don't quite feel like walking. The 15 dorm room is just as packed and you would think it would be - but that's to be expected for the great price. The only real complaint would be that the showers are quite dirty and get plugged up easily, and the toilets are also quite dirty. Pretty good though either than those.

It was great having a bed with it's own charging outlet & light. Lounge area was comfy, staff was helpful, and breakfast was basic but filling. The bathrooms were ATROCIOUS though- One was broken our entire stay, which left one toilet for the entire floor of guests to use.

Everything was good, but I recommend to have more toilets and showers. Also, to clean everyday.

Location was good, easy to find and 5 minute walk from subway station. Hostel had some extra cost which I didn't notice on web site, like paying by credit card was extra fee of 2 pounds. Facilities could use some improvement such as bed lights not working and couch in lounge area broken. Showers were clean and had very good water pressure and hot water all the time. No social events or bar activity going on and internet was very slow. However breakfast of toast and cereal was OK.

• 16th Apr 2014

Overall good location for price. Was never there except when to sleep. The main issue was there were 30 people on a floor and 1 toilet and 2 showers! Not enough room to get ready when everyone was on the move.

• 14th Apr 2014

The dorm is too small for so many people. But, for such price not much to complain about, especially it's located in zone 1. Security wise is poor from my point of view, could be much better.

I enjoyed my stay at the London Eye Hostel. The desk clerk was very accommodating and the location is perfect for walking to most tourist sites. (Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Tower Bridge) I felt safe, made friends, and would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to stay in the city center at an affordable price.

• 9th Apr 2014

My 2nd time staying at this hostel. Really nice, helpful staff. I also had a flight cacellation and they were great at rescheduling my bookings without any hassle. Location is a bit out of central for those maybe visiting the city for the first time, but a it's a very easy walk (15min) or bus ride (5mins); and for those who've been to the city before, it was actually nice being just a step out of the tourist chaos and have a cool, quiet place to come "home" to. Would def book here again! Thx!!

The 15 person dorm was just too tiny for that many people. The air in the room was constantly awful and it was too crowded. Also, in our case the people in the room we'ren't the most considerate and nice.. What made my stay especially bad was that my camera got stolen from the dorm at the end of our stay. Also our roomate's ipad got stolen. The good i guess was the location and the fact that the showers actually had hot water and it was fairly clean.

London is a very expensive city. So if you want to stay with a little bit more confort, you will fatally spend something about 50 pounds, that it´s not the case of this hostel, This is cheaper but...you know...pros & cons.

• 7th Apr 2014