London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

feel like home...

• 11th Jun 2014
  • India

-You have to pay for a locker -The toilets are always dirty -1 shower out of the 4 was working -The rooms are small -The rooms are crouded -Breakfast is ok, but could be better I was disapointed...

Utter waste

• 7th Jun 2014
  • India

I don't really know what you mean by that review. We are 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN, LONDON EYE and WESTMINSTER ABBEY. We have FREE SUPERFAST WIFI, WE OFFER A GOOD FILLING BREAKFAST. AND OUR STAFF SPEAK SEVERAL EUROPEAN LANGUAGES. THANKS FOR YOUR REVIEW

The location is perfect, but sharing two showers and two bathrooms downstairs sucks. The rooms are extremely small and they have a strict no food in your room policy which states you will get kicked out without refund if you get caught with any sort of food in your room. I wouldn't stay here again. There are plenty of other hostels that are better.

One toilet and shower in 1st floor shared by 3rooms in each room 15 people?? Is this legal??

We have 6 showers in the hostel and 5 toilets. all guests are welcome to use any showers and toilets if the ones nearest your bedroom are busy. WE ALSO ARE ONLY 15 MINUTES WALK FROM BIG BEN, WESTMINSTER ABBEY AS WELL AS THE LONDON EYE ITSELF. WE ALSO OFFER FREE SUPERFAST WIFI.

Second ever hostel i stayed at, and i compared it to another in london which i stayed at previously, and that one blew the london eye hostel clean out of the water. No curtains so sun wakes you up.. Place isn't ideally located, depending on how centrally you are looking to stay. crammed into 3 high bunk beds. Stuffy and warm in summer. Breakfast is too early, aswell as check out times. Thats about it.

• 6th Jun 2014

For the money I've got no complaints, the only problem I had was I thought the rooms were really small for the number of beds. It was very crowded. Other than that it was OK , staff were friendly and helped with my luggage. Breakfast and internet OK. A bit of a walk from the tube but not too bad.

General cleanliness and cosmetic upkeep will make this place value for money. Which shouldn't cost that much. I felt uncomfortable, because the place seemed unkempt and dirty on top of really cramped rooms

• 3rd Jun 2014

The dorms felt clean but the rest of the hostel felt run down. Ok hostel and good value for London. Kitchen isn't great.

Good location, OK

The hostel was extremely far from central London. On the site it said it was near the London Eye and you can't even see the London Eye from the hostel. There was mold in the showers, the rooms where incredibly small, the "continental breakfast" was bread and old cereal. The dishes were dirty and to wash them you had to use a moldy dirty sponge. Needless to say I didn't eat a thing! I had a complete loss of appetite. Do not stay here!!! It was the worst experience and I do not reccommend it !

great cost

• 31st May 2014

The good thing is they have big room where you can work on your laptop on the table or just sitting on the couch watching TV. The breakfast is until 9 AM, and close to that time, the kitchen lady will kick you out from that kitchen even though you are in the middle of eating your breakfast. Each bed has personal sockets but most of them are not working, so you cannot charge anything if other beds are full.

Stayed in a 12 bed mixed and it was real small space but that is to be expected. Although I have stayed in bigger rooms, same amount of beds for less money. Breakfast and wifi were enough. It is only 20-30 minute walk from all of London's main attractions and 5-10 minute walk to the underground. It was ok

almost £30 per night with 15 people in one room? you must be joking. leaking water, broken taps, broken toilettes, nasty breakfast... never again for a weekend. overpriced!

• 28th May 2014
  • Aruba

It was very loud staying downstairs next to the reception and the room was incredibly hot with no window (no windows in bathrooms or kitchen either). Toilets and showers are bad. Most plug sockets didn't work. Overpriced. I didn't feel comfortable here at all. On the plus side the common room is huge with lots of sofas and tables and the staff were always nice and polite.

Of you've got to choose a hostel in London, then go for this one ! It is maybe not 5 stars hotel but it's amazingly located and there's such a friendly atmosphere that everybody will enjoy a stay there !!!

I went to Eye Hostel without big expectation. But, everything there was good. The Staff was really friendly and helped me in all that I needed. So the breakfast was simple, but for the price was good. Everytime when I used the bathroom was clean. Just two things should be better, the space in the bedroom was too small for fourteen beds. Nobody had space to put our bags. Second, my room was biside a machine of shower, so everytime when someone was take shower had too noise in the bedroom.

Location of hostel is great for walking to centre of London and it's near a tube station and Waterloo train station (very handy if you want to go to the golf at wentworth, which I did😬). The breakfast is grand. But there was no orange juice. It was cereal and toast. There is free tea and coffee. Bunks are 3 tall and sometimes difficult to store luggage in room as bunks are tight together. There is a light and charger beside each bunk. This is very handy👍. Mattress not comfy😡. Got no sleep

Thank you for your review. We have 2 large luggage rooms to store your luggage if needed. I am sorry you did not find the mattresses comfy, this kind of thing is always a personal taste. Our mattresses are sealed so there is no possibility of bed bugs. Thanks again for your review.

Everything was great except for the female dorm. Had a small internal window which was shut. It was stuffy and smelly as trainers there. No natural light, disappointing. Unfortunately this would stop me staying there ever again, apart from that I liked it a lot.