London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

almost £30 per night with 15 people in one room? you must be joking. leaking water, broken taps, broken toilettes, nasty breakfast... never again for a weekend. overpriced!

• 28th May 2014
  • Aruba

It was very loud staying downstairs next to the reception and the room was incredibly hot with no window (no windows in bathrooms or kitchen either). Toilets and showers are bad. Most plug sockets didn't work. Overpriced. I didn't feel comfortable here at all. On the plus side the common room is huge with lots of sofas and tables and the staff were always nice and polite.

Of you've got to choose a hostel in London, then go for this one ! It is maybe not 5 stars hotel but it's amazingly located and there's such a friendly atmosphere that everybody will enjoy a stay there !!!

I went to Eye Hostel without big expectation. But, everything there was good. The Staff was really friendly and helped me in all that I needed. So the breakfast was simple, but for the price was good. Everytime when I used the bathroom was clean. Just two things should be better, the space in the bedroom was too small for fourteen beds. Nobody had space to put our bags. Second, my room was biside a machine of shower, so everytime when someone was take shower had too noise in the bedroom.

• 25th May 2014

Location of hostel is great for walking to centre of London and it's near a tube station and Waterloo train station (very handy if you want to go to the golf at wentworth, which I did😬). The breakfast is grand. But there was no orange juice. It was cereal and toast. There is free tea and coffee. Bunks are 3 tall and sometimes difficult to store luggage in room as bunks are tight together. There is a light and charger beside each bunk. This is very handy👍. Mattress not comfy😡. Got no sleep

Thank you for your review. We have 2 large luggage rooms to store your luggage if needed. I am sorry you did not find the mattresses comfy, this kind of thing is always a personal taste. Our mattresses are sealed so there is no possibility of bed bugs. Thanks again for your review.

Everything was great except for the female dorm. Had a small internal window which was shut. It was stuffy and smelly as trainers there. No natural light, disappointing. Unfortunately this would stop me staying there ever again, apart from that I liked it a lot.

The place is a good place to stay, the stuff interaction with people from different places is as well good however some stuff member were hard to approach but still in the end they could offer good help. No racism I f possible for people who are staying at your hostel for several days it is important that their beddings should be changed after three or four days.

• 18th May 2014
  • Malawi

A cheap place only 20 min walk away from Big Ben. The rooms are super warm even when it's cold outside and there is only one bathroom to an entire floor.

Hi, We have 6 showers and toilets in the hostel, if the toilets/showers are occupied you are welcome to use ones on other levels. We are a small hostel and would only take 30 seconds to reach showers on other levels. Thank you for your review

The location was great! Close to a main tube line, and walking distance from the London Eye, Big Ben, etc. The atmosphere was great, the kitchen was nice and the free breakfast was good. The facilities themselves (shower, toilet, sinks) were very clean and the showers were spacious, but the rooms they were in were older and a bit sketchy looking, giving an overall less clean impression, though everything was. The room was WAY too hot. it was often uncomfortable.

In general It´s a nice hostel to stay!! However we could not found power sockets working in all beds. At the entire room, with 15 beds, just 5 sockets was working. Beside this, the internet was not working in my room located on the second floor, I found wifi on the first floor hall and stairs and in the common area. Nevertheless, I recommend this hostel to spend few nights.

too few toilets and showers ! only two of each for the whole flour, 4 or 5 rooms of 15 beds breakfast too poor and only until 9am. one guy of the reception wan not simpatic.

• 8th May 2014

The location was perfect and shower okay. The kitchen is tiny and poor on accessories, the dortoir was small, I see large better in Sydney. The cleanliness was not good. And the skin head receptionist guy WE'll be Large Better as a toilet cleaner, He is very bad with customer!!!

Everything was pretty good, but the breakfast included was very simple. They should include some fruit juice and towels service for toilets.

• 4th May 2014
  • Venezuela

Receptionist only played chess with his friend who wasnt a guest. Receptionist was also rude and wouldn't help us out without sighing and acting bothered.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

It was really impressive, the atmosphere, the feeling of security... All!!

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Some of the receptionist were really friendly but some others were not! Place quite ok!

Is the worst hostel I have ever been in. Is the smallest room you can imagine with 12 beds inside. I never saw something like this. Is dirty and has only two small bathrooms per floor. The stair are imposible (more if you come with your suitcase / backpack) The personal is not nice neither. They charge you more if you pay with credit card. The breakfast is the ugliest coffe in the dirtiest kitchen and some toast. And the worst part, is not even cheap!

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Breakfast consists of a choice of 5-6 cereals as well as tea and coffee (not ugly). We also offer free tea and coffee all day while you are staying at the hostel. Our bunk beds offer a reading light as well as 2 sockets, one for UK and one for European plugs. Please see our new website for details about the hostel. We have 2 cleaners everyday, although they do not work 24/7 and therefore perhaps other guests do not leave the showers./toilets clean

Here were not enough showers and toilets. I was on level one - had 1 toilet and 2 showers (one was out of order for most of the stay). There was acces to the other levels bathrooms but the 2nd level shower (ther were 2) were out of order for several days. There were 2 toilets on the second floor which was good. Also there seemed to be large groups of school children staying (aged 12-15 I would guess) which was strange for a hostel.

• 26th Apr 2014

One from the staff was the rudest i ever met. My bed did NOT have a own nightlight as I was promised. Not even a power plug. The bed made the most awful sounds every time you even thought about moving. Next to the bed was a water dispenser that made it impossible to sleep because of the sounds it made.

good place just to sleep, nothing more than that.