London Eye Hostel Reviews

73 Lambeth Walk, London, London, England

Only real inconvenience was that there was only one toilet for the floor and so there was always a queue.

• 15th Sep 2015

Excellent hostel, met some great people here.

Definitely a nice place for backpackers. I was staying for 2 weeks because of work in London. I was living in the top bunk of a 3.pers. bunkbed, with my suitcase in the end of the bed. There wasn't room for it on the floor. Kind of like living in a shoebox. During the night the doors are really loud, and slam in the hallway. 1 sec after the automatical light goes on and lights up the rooms. Maybe a curtain would help.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Denmark

Really enjoyed the stay. Nice new showers and friendly atmosphere. GREAT LOCATION

Sensors for the lighting in the shower on the outside of the cubicle which is annoying - don't even take that long in there but would always go out on me. Frustrating when you're trying to get dressed!

This hostel is definitely a bang for your buck if you are trying to stay cheap but it isnt very centrally located for sightseeing unless you master the metro! The free breakfast is toast with jam and butter but its better than nothing on a budget! We stayed in a dorm room with 6 girls total and the beds were fine but it was a loud room located on the ground floor near the toilet and shower. Overall, we liked this place but not ideal for light sleepers!

• 12th Sep 2015

Rooms are tiny. No elevator. Wifi doesnt work in the rooms. Kitchen is bare minimum with silverware and plates that everyone has to share. When i arrived, all the lights on the upper floors werent working, though they had an electrician fix it by the time i got back that night. One night the only sink on the second floor of dorms was filled with dirty underwear and detergent. When i told the front desk he seemed lacksadaisical about it and just shrugged his shoulders instead of getting up to it.

Thought it was too cramped. They didn't fix an issue I told them about with a power outlet.

• 10th Sep 2015

Great stay, great staff, great location...would definitely stay again!

Nice staff, great location to access city centre, good atmosphere

The rooms were cramped with nowhere to leave your bags. Greed is the obvious cause for this. 4 person sized rooms turned into 12. Also half the staff seemed to try and dominate the common room and we're quite rude when people were being loud as they tried to watch TV whilst working. Do not stay here.

I am sorry that you thought that your room was too small. The room you stayed in is a large airy room with a big window, however we are a hostel and not a Hilton hotel. We also have a large spacious lobby area. We only ever have 1-2 staff working at one time so I don't see how they could dominate the lobby. Thank you for your review

As always, this place feels like a home

Hostel is located on the China white and whitgift estates meaning there is no safe road after dark to access the hostel. It's location should be listed as Lambeth so that people know the area they will be in.

Cheap hostel in decent location. Triple bunk beds, door security. Not really any atmosphere due to large numbers and turnover of guests. Only okay for short stay, for travellers. are average and what you expect for a low budget hostel.

It wasnt very clean

• 28th Aug 2015

Good hostel.

The room was tiny, it didn't at all look like the photo of the room on the website (we were expecting a double bed with a single above). A room for 3 people with barely enough room for one person to stand is not good enough for the price asked.

• 27th Aug 2015

Thank you for your review. I have looked into this for you. I stayed in the room type you booked which was 3 bed private room. We also have rooms with a double and single bed as you thought you booked. If you spoken to the hostel receptionist during your stay they may have been able to offer you a room change to this type. Thank you once again for your review

I only had cold showers during star. That was my only problem

• 24th Aug 2015

Staff were rude, they had so many ridiculous rules, the bathrooms were disgusting and smelt terrible. Only thing that was good was the breakfast

• 24th Aug 2015

I paid 7% for paying with a Visa Electron card when you sent me the amount payable does not mention it, me and I sell a total charge of more. bad business not recommend anyone London Eye Hostel. his technique produces more charged I would not recommend to any friend or neighbor anyone who asks me.

• Costa Rica

Thank you for your review. There is a service charge of 5% if you choose to pay by card, this is to cover our costs to teh cad companies as well the costs of the machine itself. This is mentioned quite openly on the Hostelworld website. If you choose to pay by cash there is of course NO CHARGE Our location is fantastic, We are only a 15 minute walk from BIG BEN as well as the LONDON EYE itself. Lambeth North is our nearest underground train station and is only 5 minutes from us.