London Waterloo Hostel

• michaelmcclymont
  • England, Male, 31-40
11th Feb 2017
8.0

I could smell dog near my bed. But that was the only issue I had.

Hi, We do not allow dogs or pets into the hostel. The smell must have come thru the window due to the direction of the wind as there are some houses close by to us. This is very unusual and I have never hear this before. I am glad you seemed to like everything else. Our location is superb. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. AS WE ARE LOCATED IN THE CENTRE (ZONE 1) OF LONDON YOU CAN WALK ALL AROUND THE CITY WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE BUSES OR LONDON UNDERGROUND TRAINS SAVING YOURSELF £12.20 PER DAY (CURRENTLY THE PRICE FOR A ONE DAY TRAVELCARD) ALL OUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF BREAKFAST, ALL LINEN AND FREE SUPERFAST WIFI. Richard

4th Feb 2017

The hostel was well located, I met really nice people in there, breakfast was good and the staff people were very nice. Very nice place to stay for a few nights.

• South Korea, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017
5.1

It was so uncomfortable and smelly I have ever stayed in hostel. The domitory room was so dirty and not to circulate the air. But All of staff were very kind and frendly.

• Philippines, Male, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
7.4

Bit crowded but nice athmosphere overall. Location is good but not the best either.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jan 2017
7.4

The doors to the room didn't shut all the way unless you really pushed, so the door to my room was left open most of the time I was there. The website said there were free lockers, but we weren't offered one when we checked in. The location is nice, and the beds are comfortable! The man who checked us in was very nice, but some of the other staff members were less friendly.

Hi, first of all - thanks for your review. I have noted the room number of yours and we will see what can we do about that door. It was great to have you here!

• karolyvolgyesi5365
  • Hungary, Male, 31-40
6th Jan 2017
8.0

For this price it's the best choice, but I think, they need a renovation,because the rooms are clean, but the walls and other stuffs are in a very bad condition...

Thanks for your review, nothing makes us happier than a satisfied guest!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Dec 2016
6.0

The first floor showers were always cold. The 2nd and 3rd floor showers were warmish, not hot. And they were always dirty. There wasn't enough toilets for the amount of people staying there. The train station closest to the hostel is closed for 6 months so you had to get busses. The rooms were very small. People's bags took up the minimal floor space which made it difficult to move and the power sockets often didn't work. The staff were friendly and the common room was good. I wouldn't stay agai

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you had a few problems during your stay. If you had spoken to the reception you would have been told that Although the Nearest train station (Lambeth north ) is closed until February the next nearest one (Waterloo) is only a 10 minute walk from us. Although as you found out how convenient the bus are and the bus stops are very close to the hostel. In regards to the showers, I have since checked and all are working well with HOT WATER. WE do not turn off the hot water at all. I apologize if when you wanted to shower that you found them dirty. As they are used by most guests sometimes guests do not leave them clean. Please in future if you find ANYTHING NOT TO YOUR SATISFACTION PLEASE LET ME RECEPTION STAFF KNOW AND THEY WILL BE HAPPY TO TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM FOR YOU. Thanks again for your review. Richard

• USA, Couple, 18-24
26th Dec 2016
6.3

My boyfriend and I went to London for a 4-day trip from Copenhagen. We went into this hostel knowing it was a cheaper option and relatively close to some main attractions. We booked a 3-bed private room. The room was unimaginably small, which was expected, and very uncomfortable. All the rooms are incredibly close together, along with the bathrooms. Many people were up throughout the night blow drying their hair and talking right outside of each room, which made it hard to sleep.

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016
6.6

While the location & staff is great the accommodations are not. I understand that it's a hostel but still. The shower is one of those where you have to press a button every min to keep the water on & the lights are motion based but not inside the shower so I was actually taking a shower and the light went out. I booked the room for a 3 bed female only. The room was quite small and barely enough room for our luggage on the floor. I wouldn't stay again,maybe only if I was a guy for a night. (5/10)

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
13th Dec 2016

Not fancy but has everything you need. Elec. plugs and light in every bed and lots of hangers in the showers. I walked from Waterloo to the hostel and it seemed like a safe place. Would defenitly come back.