London Waterloo Hostel

7.2
Very Good 1627 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th May 2017

Great location. Very clean hostel. Only draw away was the place was lacking atmosphere and social inclusiveness. Get for someone who wants to keep to themselves.

• tejka39385
  • Slovenia, Mixed Group, 25-30
11th May 2017
6.6

It's ok, just ok. Triple bunk beds in rooms. If you are checking some other option for your stay, maybe try that one. However if you value great location above everything else, this place is for you.

6th May 2017
8.0

A rather good location from where you can reach most of the sights of interest by foot.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
4th May 2017
5.1

Good location but that's it. Very close to major attractions but if you want a decent place to stay, choose elsewhere. The staff are friendly enough but the facilities are terrible. I see it's recently been renovated but from what I can tell, only the first floor bathroom has. The bunks are three beds high and rooms very small. My room had no windows and stunk of urine. The shower has a button you've got to press every ten to fifteen seconds to get water & you can't adjust the temp. Terrible.

You stayed on the ground floor in our female only dorm which will shortly have AC inside. I have checked the room and there is and was no sign of a smell of urine. I have spoken to another female who was in your room at the same time and she did not smell anything. Perhaps you took the urine with you. In regards to the showers. The showers right outside your bedroom door do not have push button showers and you are able to regulate the temperature of water. Our location is superb. We are only 15 minutes walk from BIG BEN and WESTMINSTER ABBEY as well as the LONDON EYE. Our nearest underground train station is only 5 minutes walk from us and from here you can be in PICCADILLY CIRCUS AND OXFORD STREET IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES. AS WE ARE LOCATED IN THE CENTRE (ZONE 1) OF LONDON YOU CAN WALK ALL AROUND THE CITY WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE BUSES OR LONDON UNDERGROUND TRAINS SAVING YOURSELF £12.20 PER DAY (CURRENTLY THE PRICE FOR A ONE DAY TRAVELCARD) ALL OUR PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF BREAKFAST, ALL LINEN AND FREE SUPERFAST WIFI.

3rd May 2017

Excellent place to stay highly recommend

• Canada, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2017
6.9

Showers had no pressure downstairs and virtually did not work. No lockers in rooms which wouldve been nice however i just brought my valuables out with me and it was fine. No atmosphere, but quiet for sleeping. Nice staff, great location. Free breakfast is toast and cereal but not bad. Wifi works pretty well.

Thank for your review. She shower that was faulty but has now been fixed and now like a "power shower"....I tried it myself.... We have lockers in public area under CCTV...much safer than lockers in dorms which mostly empty during the day. Because we have put them in public areas we have never had a theft or loss. Breakfast is your choice of 5/6 cereals, orange and apple juices, toast with Jam, tea and coffee. We have superfast WIFI that works all over the entire building with an average speed of 40mbps... Thanks again for your review. Richard

• England, Male, 18-24
25th Apr 2017
6.6

Average hostel, beds three high but comfy enough. Helpful staff, only small lockers for your stuff.

• England, Male, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

Great staff! I booked at last minute after my plans changed and was greeted warmly by the chap on reception! I slept well in a dorm of 12! Have to admit I didn't try the breakfast as I already had other food plans but what I saw looked like a wide selection being enjoyed in the common area! Thank you!! X

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2017
6.9

Average hostel, good location - I walked everywhere I wanted to go. Small kitchen, only two stove tops, often ran out of plates etc at breakfast. If they've just finished upgrading it they should do so again - it's bad in comparison to other hostels Bunks are all triple bunks which they don't show you in the photos - unless you're on the top bunk you won't be able to sit up. They have eu plugs as well as British ones next to each bed which was really good. Not much atmosphere when I was there.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2017
6.0

Truth be told, this hostel has a great location, and the staff was nice, but that's about it. It has 3 stairs but no elevators! Also, the toilets and showers weren't good, and the charging plugs were all broken in my room. The available space in there is also absolutely minimum, not really comfortable when a room that would be ok for 1 person, is used to host 3... The breakfast is great, too, but this wasn't overall what I'd hoped for the place.