London365 Hostel Reviews

30 Chatsworth Road, London, England

The hostel was not clean at all, nothing to cook with in the kitchen, only one out of three kitchen was open during the busiest time, I did not get the point of that. No staff at all if you need anything, like matresses that we only got at 5pm, we had to remind the lady on the phone several time to get them. We had to wait 40 min outside under the rain the day we check in before someone came. The lady on the phone isn't nice at all, on the other hand the one doing the check in is trying to help.

They have many buildings in the same street for hostels but only assigned one girl to pick up all the guests, she is doing great job but i still waited in the common room for an hour (better than wait outside). I suggest the management shall employ more staffs. The kitchen is very basic and the common room is quite hot that i don't want to stay. Not much to say, just place for a bed and shower.

Bad experience. the address and room are totally different from that on the website. Bad kitchen and facilities.

Staff very helpful. The hostel is located in a quiet street, the only downside is that I found the room to small for so many beds.

It would have been nice to know the real adress of the hostel. When I booked our rooms I got a completly different adress than when we were there. They drove us to the other location which was a little farer from the Undergroundstation than the one that we actually booked. But it was clean and the room was pretty big. Nontheless it would have been nice to get the correct adress while I booked it..

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Austria

amazing hostel, showers had lots of power and the breakfast and cleaning lady are so helpful

i had a good stay at this hostel. i will be telling all my friends about this place

The rooms were excellent. The staff I met was appallingly rude. Earlier, I phoned the hostel specifically to ask if there was any parking available as we would be arriving late and was told that there were free parking spaces in the compound. There were 2 gates,1 was unlocked and so, we opened the gate and parked inside. Next morning, an upset rude staff came up and told me to remove my car as it was not a parking space for travellers and that I broke the gate.it was NOT broken.

There is no breakfast provided for Sunday and we have not been informed. The staff not really helpful. Althought they have breakfast provide for the second day, but, the bread is cold, something like just take out from the fridge. The ventilation for 10 people dorm poor, I feel hot when all of us inside the dorm. Some of the toilet not really clean.

The check in address is different on every website, and it was difficult to communicate with the staff, who had trouble speaking English. The actual residential address is different fom the listed address so we were a bit thrown off in terms of planning, but otherwise everything was wonderful. Very clean, spacious and within walking distance from the metro.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • South Africa

when we arrived, there were already about ten people waiting for their rooms/keys. We called the office again and again but they just said: somebody will come...we've waited 2 hours of our preciously short time in London. When the guy from the hostel showed us the room we were really frustrated about the dirtyness of it. The bed wasn't fresh, the bottom very dirty. Nobody explained it to us or gives us a less price or something like that. The breakfast was no breakfast it was like a joke to us.

• 27th Jun 2014

Overall a very nice place to stay, but since the tenants wash the cooking utensils by themselves, remember to wash everything before you use it.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

If you are thinking of booking this hostel due to location - think again! You will be dragged off by car to another location. Photos on site look nothing like the place. No bin was provided, despite calling and asking for one, no information about wifi was supplied by the person who checked us in, they demanded CASH ONLY for payment, and lastly no info about new address supplied so we ended up walking aimlessly for an hour trying to find it later, all the houses looked the same! No outside signs

• 18th Jun 2014

if you are looking for 5 star hotel then this is not the place for you. but if you want a good hostel experance in London then this is the place to be. and only 10mins from central London also thanks i will be 100% coming back next time i am in London

very nice hostel, Staff were helpful when needed

The location was not as stated in the booking. When you reach there, the house is locked and you need to call the office and they will send someone 30 minutes later, just to tell you its not there. The location is way further than shown! 15minutes walk to train station and 20-30 minutes train ride to the city centre. The hostel was full of unpleasant smell, especially the kitchen. The dorms were cramped with beds with no fan or air conditioning (we were there during summer). Breakfast was awful.

I booked a room with private bath and I got a small flat instead! It far surpassed what I expected. The one thing that did bother me was the cleanliness: I did not find the place particularly clean. The location was good and quiet, and close enough to the tube or bus.

• 30th Apr 2014

Firstly the hostel was a bit unusual as there is a minimal of staff, and you get an email with instructions on getting your keys from a combination locked box from outside. During the day, the only staff you'll see are cleaners and people taking the money. The bad points were there was no cups or plates, either they had large scale theft of the kitchen items or someone broke them. The three kitchens were roomy, modern and clean, but I drank coffee out of a cereal bowel.

it is not a hostel - most of people are living there for around one year

It was really nice hostel. it takes 30 min to go from Victoria st by underground, but really clean and nice breakfast.

• 17th Apr 2014