Long Hostel Reviews

373/10 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really good hotel, easy walking distance to everything, bars, markets, museum etc. etc. also booked the tunnel tour through them which was really good. Basic but good breakfast in the morning too.

Cam and the Long Hostel staff were extremely considerate and professional.

It seems all of the hostels in this area are the same. The hostel was fine, but Saigon is hot, and air con wasn't the best.. no really much of a communal room, but still met fellow travelers. Overall a good hostel and staff was great

Arrived by airport on public bus and only 20min walk to the hostel. Customer service was great and friendly. the WIFI is good on every level. Suggest to stay lower level as there is no lifts. Breakfast changed everyone morning, set menu which was good. the dorms was roomy and comfortable beds. the location was central to all backpackers hostels.

It was really nice and the staff were super helpful. They didn't have much of a lounge area but that's just vietnam. The dorms were cute with lots of places to charge your things

The one thing I want to highlight: The staff and the owners were amazing! We had some of our things stolen on the night bus and the staff was super helpful and took time to help us out. One of them even came to the police station to translate for us! The dorm on the 5th floor was amazing! Very cozy, no bunk or narrow beds, clean bathroom. We can also recommend the double room. One of the best hostels we stayed at during our trip. Would definitely stay there again.

lovely hostel and the staff does everything for you! It's in the middle of the backpackers centre. the only thing is that there is not really a common area.

Very nice room with big beds, very clean, free towels, free breakfast. Very friendly staff. Not very easy to meet people though as a solo traveller. And it was a construction place when I was there with a lot of noise from 8am onwards. But besides that a really good place!

This does the trick for a stop over before\after hitting the nearby islands. all the facilities you need. Efficient, but not particularly characterful. I had 2 items go missing in the in-house laundry, that they did eventually mange to locate when I identified that this was the case (phew!) but I didn't get any apology for the mix up.

All around a nice place to stay, nice & helpful staff and they do their best to help you have an amazing stay. Negative would be the very intimidating camera in the dorm - It's good for ssecurity but very bad for privacy. My mattress was more than over its live and i'm not a heavy person.

Beds were very firm, but I used an extra blanket as cushioning and it was fine. Quiet at night because it's on an alley. Small fridge with freezer compartment in dorm room was bonus. En suite bath was clean, but damp due to leaky shower. Breakfast was fresh brewed coffee plus a choice of bread with butter and jam or an omelette/waffle (depending on the day). Staff were very helpful, ordering a cab for me and packing my breakfast to go when I checked out in the early morning.

The staff at this hostel are wonderful, let me check in early and the beds were clean. Very helpful, even offering to make me a take away breakfast when I had An early flight.

We had a really good stay. The hostel is central, the beds are comfy, the room was big, nice and clean and there was free breakfast with amazing banana pancakes!

This hostel is fantastic. It is very, very clean and the room I had was bright and wondering decorated. It also feels very new. The staff are so nice and the free breakfast varies by day and is great. It is six stories tall without an elevator, though, and the climb to the top floor after walking around in the heat all day isn't the best, but it's such a minor issue compared with how fantastic the rest of the hostel is. Would stay here again and again and will tell my friends to as well!!

Great location, brilliant breakfast and wonderful staff!

Great location, the staff was really helpful, always arranging ! The breakfast was good, nothing special. You can get free beers on Sunday ;-) - that's a good point !

Everything was excellent except for the fact one of the staffs received my payment for the taxi voucher and failed to notify his other staff the next morning. So, he thought I did not pay.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Excellent hostel. They organise whatever you need without any hassle. We left a bag there for two weeks while we traveled to hanoi and they had no problem minding it. We would definitely stay here again.

Very nice staff, delicious breakfast, locker in the room, lots of restaurants and cafes in this backpacker area. Good choice if you stay in Saigon.

This was a great hostel and the free breakfast was a bonus would recommend definately

• 2nd Mar 2015