Long Hostel Reviews

373/10 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Everything was excellent except for the fact one of the staffs received my payment for the taxi voucher and failed to notify his other staff the next morning. So, he thought I did not pay.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Very nice staff, delicious breakfast, locker in the room, lots of restaurants and cafes in this backpacker area. Good choice if you stay in Saigon.

This was a great hostel and the free breakfast was a bonus would recommend definately

• 2nd Mar 2015

Wonderful family, and the best start for our trip in vietnam. Will def comeback when we are in ho chi minh city again. Alley is à bit hard to find, look for à blue sign with hotels on iT above the street.

Hostel staff were the best!!! Genuinely warm and friendly, and they even very kindly offered us breakfast even before we checked in. Really sweet of them. :) I also booked an airport taxi from the hostel to the airport, it was great service, very reliable and luxurious for a reasonable 160,000VND.

After arriving to Hochi Min after a 12 hour bus journey it was so nice to be welcomed so warmly by the reception staff. I was given a bottle of water and he let me chill for 5 mins before I checked in. The staff were always happy and were informative about the city. It was a 2 minute walk from the busy street with all the bars and restaurants so you were close but far enough to not have the noise outside the bedroom window. I would happily stay here again.

Such a good place to stay! The staff were so helpful and friendly - best in any hostel we've ever stayed in! Breakfast is amazing and free beer on Sundays is a plus! Rooms are clean and wifi is really good. We will definitely stay again!

A nice place to stay in bustling HCMC. The facilities were simple but clean and safe (note there are 5 floors and no lift). Not very much in the way of common space, so not the best place to meet people, but a comfortable place to stay, amidst the backpacker area with myriad restaurants, bars, and places to book buses and tours, and it's within walking distance of the central market and several museums. The free breakfast is quite good! The staff was always very helpful for making plans. Thanks!

• 25th Feb 2015

Bunk beds were ricketity and noisy but comfortable. Everything else was great.

Lovely little hostel and great staff!

We loved our stay here, our only regret was that we didn't book longer online. When we wanted to extend our stay here there was no room. Would definitely stay here again.

Really nice staff who can organise tours/buses with no fuss. Good breakfast. Clean dorms with big lockers.

100%! Couldn't fault these guys on anything. We stayed in a double room, it was perfect! Even had a balcony! Great air con, cable tv and very fast free wifi. The green tea for breakfast is so tasty! The guys behind reception were very helpful booking our tunnel tour and bus to Mui Ne. Thanks for having us! Ms Jordan x

Thank you, Long family! This is the best hostel I have stayed in all month. Such a friendly welcome and single beds rather than bunks. Fantastic!

As there was some problem with my reservation I didn't actually end up staying here. However, the lovely staff and hostel is worth mentioning. They put me up at the hostel next doors supposed to be 1USD more (I don't know why, it wasn't any better..) but they paid the difference for me because of the booking error. The boys in the lobby are very friendly, funny and kind. They offered drinks and booked me a cheap bus to Nha Trang.The atmosphere is nice, great hostel,good location for backpackers.

A real gem of a hostel. The furnishings are basic but the staff and service was really exceptional. The family that owns and runs the hostel are so kind and helpful! I booked a tour of the Mekong Delta at their recommendation which was great and every employee was just really nice and easy to get along with.

Thanks so much for everything! Thank you for going to the police station with us and helping us!

• 28th Jan 2015

Very very friendly and helpful staff. Amazing! And the location is perfect - 3 min walk from the main backpackers street but quiet. I'd definitely recommend it.

Very friendly staff!a