Long Hostel Reviews

373/10 Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A really friendly hostel, the staff cannot do enough for you and offer you the cheapest tours ensuring you are looked after. It's also good for meeting people.

The hostel is in a great central location, close to many places. This is a family run hostel and they really make you feel welcome and at home. The whole family are very helpful and polite, they really go out of their way to give you good advice and help you in everything you need. Would definitely recommend this hostel to others and would return again.

Good location, clean hostel. Staff are very helpful in giving information about Ho Chi Minh city and booking buses etc. good breakfast.

After a very long journey, walking into this hostel was just what I needed. The staff are so helpful and welcoming, and nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are spotless, spacious, with good air conditioning, secure lockers and a clean en suite bathroom. The room was cleaned daily with new towels provided. The breakfast is a great inclusion and is very tasty - just what you need for a day exploring the city. I can't recommend this hostel and the family highly enough.

This is an awesome family-owned hostel in the backpackers district in HCMC. I was in a four-bed dorm, which had a fridge, tv, air con, wifi, and hot water. Breakfast was also included; a choice of bread and jam/butter or a special dish (banana pancake, omelette w/bread, and noodles w/egg and veggies) with a side of fruit and coffee or tea. They also help sign you up for tours. I also really appreciated being able to shower while I was waiting for a night train, even after I had checked out.

Great little place to stay. Very central to all things interesting and right next to the local food market. Staff were very friendly and helpful with good English. Would stay here again next time in Ho Chi Minh.

Cute hostel with amazing banana pancakes for breakfast! Solid wifi and clean, value for money rooms. We arrived at 5 in the morning and had to wake up to poor receptionist, who was more than understanding. Good location for the backpacker area and other sights.

Delightful staff who go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. Delicious breakfast and all the necessities of a hostel. Highly recommended

The Long family were incredibly helpful during our short stay, giving us the perfect route for our 1 full day in Ho Chi Minh. Wifi was available throughout the hostel & a delicious breakfast was made each morning. Overall it was very clean and our room were also cleaned each day. Would recommend!

• 25th Mar 2014

Long Hostel was the best place I stayed in Vietnam. Great location, easy walking to everything. The staff were warm and friendly and full of good info about the area and trips. Really a great place.

I had a fantastic time in Saigon and staying at the Long Hostel - so much so that I extended my stay by a further 3 nights! The Long family are super friendly and so are the staff that they employ. The hostel itself is conveniently located in District 1 on Phạm Ngũ Lão street and there are a number of amenities nearby; including a main bus station - where you can catch the 35 to all the major tourist places. I recommend this hostel to everyone and I will definitely return some day soon.

The best hosts we had in our 3 weeks in Vietnam. Very friendly, trustworthy and helpful people

• 17th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

My stay in the dorm was very comfortable. The owner family speaks very good English and staffs were very friendly and helpful. They gave me lots of information around the hostel. The water pressure of the shower in the dorm should be improved. You can take a bus (I guess it was no.36) from the bus station just over Phạm Ngũ Lão street if you wanna go to Bến Thành market and also Reunification Palace. Coop supermarket on Cong Quynh is also very near from the hostel.

The Long Hostel in Saigon is a very nice accomodation. Especially, the staff is awesome. Eveybody is so friendly, warm-hearted and helpfull. The rooms are clean and nice.

Centrally located, clean, and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

The room I stayed in was the 5 bed dorm. It was all the way on the top floor but it was nice and spaceous with no bunk beds and 2 ensuite toilets. The owner and staff are really friendly and helpful.

We were in a double room. It was very good! The staff was very nice. The hostel is not very social (we are backpackers). A couple of days later we had to go to Bich Duyen hostel because Long Hostel was fully booked and that was worse value for money. The room was slightly more expensive and the bed and the room were smaller. So this really made us feel that Long Hostel is good value for money.

The hostel is run by a lovely family. All members where extremly helpful and gave me tipps, explanations etc. I would definitily stay with them again.

Very friendly staff. There are cameras in the dorms which i thought was very weird. Also a lot of fungi in the dorm's en suite bathroom. Recommend to book ur tours with them.

I don't understand how Long Hostel is rated so highly. The worst part? CAMERAS IN THE ROOMS! That's right, they watch you get changed (don't even try to do it in the disgusting bathrooms). It is hidden down a disgusting alley, there is barely a common room, the bathroom is gross and the breakfast is decent at best. For the price you can find many other hostels far better than this in Saigon. Most of the guests were old, lockers were small. At least the rooms are cleaned often enough.

Thanks for your valuable comments. We would like to say sorry if the camera in the dorm room annoyed you. However, we would also like to let you know that, first, the camera was set up just for the safety of our guests'property as our guests have to share the room with other guests. Second, all of the image of this camera is always kept in confidential (nobody can see the image from the camera), we only check the camera if there is something wrong happen in the room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5