Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

Cool atmosphere, nice people from all over the world. Great for having a beer and making new friends. Staff is awesome, knowledgable about tours which they can arrange for you at a good price. Ow and cheap beer! Rooms are clean, beds are good, water is warm :)

• 17th Sep 2014

great atmosphere and cool staff. personally, i think a bathtub in a hostel is quite unhygienic. really good location close to shops and bars and 10-15min walk to the train station.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Sweden

The sheets on the beds were very dirty. The blankets given to us to sleep with were also very dirty.

• 23rd May 2014

Good hostel in a great location but wifi is expensive and there were only 3 lockers in a 4 person dorm. Could have been cleaner and the dorm was quite cold.

I have travelled many countries, and stayed in many hostels over the years and this was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in, so much so that I was devastated to leave! Long street backpackers is not just a hostel, it becomes a home away from home, a family away from your family. As a lone traveller, I arrived on my own to South Africa, but within an hour at Long street backpackers, the incredible people who work at the hostel made me feel so welcomed that I forgot I was on my own.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only hostel worth staying at in Cape Town!

• 19th Apr 2014