Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

The sheets on the beds were very dirty. The blankets given to us to sleep with were also very dirty.

• 23rd May 2014

Good hostel in a great location but wifi is expensive and there were only 3 lockers in a 4 person dorm. Could have been cleaner and the dorm was quite cold.

I have travelled many countries, and stayed in many hostels over the years and this was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in, so much so that I was devastated to leave! Long street backpackers is not just a hostel, it becomes a home away from home, a family away from your family. As a lone traveller, I arrived on my own to South Africa, but within an hour at Long street backpackers, the incredible people who work at the hostel made me feel so welcomed that I forgot I was on my own.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only hostel worth staying at in Cape Town!

• 19th Apr 2014

Beware that wifi need to be charged for R20 per day, but still very weak wifi signal in my room.

Ii did not stay at the hostel... I booked a private room and they could only accommodate me with a dormatory...

• 7th Mar 2014

It's a good spot, close to Long Street but also far enough away. It's walking distance from Table Mountain and Long Street. The staff are really cool and the bar is set up for people to meet. I met some really cool people there and always had fun. It's not a party hostel so you don't get the dickheads who go to those hostels but everyone seems up for a beer. The two issues are the wifi which is free but terrible and the boss who occasionally visits during the day and ruins the vibe a bit.

excellent location, the rest right, anyway it could be better.

• 1st Feb 2014