Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

The sheets on the beds were very dirty. The blankets given to us to sleep with were also very dirty.

• 23rd May 2014

Good hostel in a great location but wifi is expensive and there were only 3 lockers in a 4 person dorm. Could have been cleaner and the dorm was quite cold.

I have travelled many countries, and stayed in many hostels over the years and this was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in, so much so that I was devastated to leave! Long street backpackers is not just a hostel, it becomes a home away from home, a family away from your family. As a lone traveller, I arrived on my own to South Africa, but within an hour at Long street backpackers, the incredible people who work at the hostel made me feel so welcomed that I forgot I was on my own.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only hostel worth staying at in Cape Town!

• 19th Apr 2014

Beware that wifi need to be charged for R20 per day, but still very weak wifi signal in my room.

Ii did not stay at the hostel... I booked a private room and they could only accommodate me with a dormatory...

• 7th Mar 2014