Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

The staff were rude and inappropriate. Completely unhelpful. And the best part was when I asked one of them for the wifi password and he leaned over and whispered "go suck a d*ck" in my ear and walked off. Total dirty creep. Very uncalled for. Especially since I am a solo female traveller. I was so uncomfortable there I left ASAP.

From a local, and international perspective, once of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were incredible; friendly, sociable and accommodating, it immediately felt like we could have been old friends. Location is perfect for long Street. The hostel is well established and runs smoothly.

The hostel is located in the middle of the place where nightlife happens, Long Street. Unfortunatelly, there's a lot of beggers and supicious people hanging around, all the time. The hostel itself is cool, they have daily activities, and a bar always with people and music.

Absolutely loved my time at Long Street Backpackers, I didn't want to leave. Ended up staying a day extra, wish it could have been more. In the short amount of time, I made great friends with some of the staff and other travelers. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable (great pillows), and the location couldn't be better. I'll definitely be back.

• 10th Jul 2015