Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

This is a vibrant and busy place where you can meet new people and party all night. This is a party hostel situated in the heart of Long street. As a South African I had to check in with my passport. I reserved a private room but the room was located in a dorm so I had to go into the dorm to get to my room, so ultimately some of the privacy was lost. The hostel had not updated their prices on hostelworld so I was charged more at check. This was not for me and I checked out the next day.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Location perfect for partying but far from the beach, facilities are ok, not really good for meeting other backpackers as this place is just a locals hangout. If you smoke weed or are a bit of a hyppie stay here, if not look elsewhere

The staff were rude and inappropriate. Completely unhelpful. And the best part was when I asked one of them for the wifi password and he leaned over and whispered "go suck a d*ck" in my ear and walked off. Total dirty creep. Very uncalled for. Especially since I am a solo female traveller. I was so uncomfortable there I left ASAP.

From a local, and international perspective, once of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were incredible; friendly, sociable and accommodating, it immediately felt like we could have been old friends. Location is perfect for long Street. The hostel is well established and runs smoothly.

The hostel is located in the middle of the place where nightlife happens, Long Street. Unfortunatelly, there's a lot of beggers and supicious people hanging around, all the time. The hostel itself is cool, they have daily activities, and a bar always with people and music.

← Back to search results