Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

This is a vibrant and busy place where you can meet new people and party all night. This is a party hostel situated in the heart of Long street. As a South African I had to check in with my passport. I reserved a private room but the room was located in a dorm so I had to go into the dorm to get to my room, so ultimately some of the privacy was lost. The hostel had not updated their prices on hostelworld so I was charged more at check. This was not for me and I checked out the next day.

• 21st Jan 2016
  • South Africa

Location perfect for partying but far from the beach, facilities are ok, not really good for meeting other backpackers as this place is just a locals hangout. If you smoke weed or are a bit of a hyppie stay here, if not look elsewhere

The staff were rude and inappropriate. Completely unhelpful. And the best part was when I asked one of them for the wifi password and he leaned over and whispered "go suck a d*ck" in my ear and walked off. Total dirty creep. Very uncalled for. Especially since I am a solo female traveller. I was so uncomfortable there I left ASAP.

From a local, and international perspective, once of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were incredible; friendly, sociable and accommodating, it immediately felt like we could have been old friends. Location is perfect for long Street. The hostel is well established and runs smoothly.

The hostel is located in the middle of the place where nightlife happens, Long Street. Unfortunatelly, there's a lot of beggers and supicious people hanging around, all the time. The hostel itself is cool, they have daily activities, and a bar always with people and music.

Absolutely loved my time at Long Street Backpackers, I didn't want to leave. Ended up staying a day extra, wish it could have been more. In the short amount of time, I made great friends with some of the staff and other travelers. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable (great pillows), and the location couldn't be better. I'll definitely be back.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great , cool place.

...Like a lot of the reviews say, the place is a little loud at night, so if your an old fart like me, you'll have to get over it. I slept just fine and Emma and Marius were a great help. Bring a lock and use common sense with regard to security. I also liked the dog.

always nice.

fun place. cool staff and pretty safe for long street. my room was facing long st, so pretty noisy until at least 2am... and the beds are pretty uncomfortable. but very clean!

The location is very good. Also the staf were very nice The only problem was the nois

I really enjoy my long holiday there. Good people good place . sure that my next holiday or long weekend I will be back

The deposit which we made online to confirm our reservation was told us as not being payed to the hostel when we arrived there, so that amount of approx. 120 ZAR was charged double to us.... Beds were of poor quality even for hostel-used travelers. Wlan was charged at additional 20 ZAR per day and only available quasi direct at the bar area. Long Street and the whole CBD unfortunately dont seem like the best area at night or at evenings concerning safety - hostel itself felt secure though.

• 8th Mar 2015

Best hostel ever

• 16th Feb 2015

amazing hostel, best location possible, just on long street close to all the best bars, ideal for backpackers looking for fun, the reception/bar has parties everyday, icluding naked parties, beer pong competitions and drinks very affordable... met a lot of nice people there, best in South Africa.

This is a party hostel with a very friendly staff. But if you are looking to have a quiet peaceful time, you shouldn't be here or anywhere on long street. Security is an issue. During my stay, 1 phone and 3 laptops were stolen (all separate incidents) People came in off the street, grabbed and ran during the day. Bring a lock!

• 18th Jan 2015

Cool atmosphere, nice people from all over the world. Great for having a beer and making new friends. Staff is awesome, knowledgable about tours which they can arrange for you at a good price. Ow and cheap beer! Rooms are clean, beds are good, water is warm :)

• 17th Sep 2014

Small Amount Paymant with Hostelworld were not accepted at the hostel. Had to pay full prize!!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

great atmosphere and cool staff. personally, i think a bathtub in a hostel is quite unhygienic. really good location close to shops and bars and 10-15min walk to the train station.

The sheets on the beds were very dirty. The blankets given to us to sleep with were also very dirty.

• 23rd May 2014