7.9
Very Good 273 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 273 Total Reviews
Long Street Backpackers Located at 209 Longstreet, , Cape Town.
South Africa
Cape Town 209 Longstreet
79% 273
-33.9218179 18.4199094
    Rooms available

5th Aug 2016
8.0

Great place to stay. Friendly people all around. Prime location and very close to the clubs and bars. Cleanliness was the only issue with toilets and rooms not cleaned even once during my entire stay (4 days).

25th Jun 2016

Long Heart with long street. Given me the best of beds and also helped me as I met with accident. Greatly appreciated and would love to visit again.

18th May 2016
8.0

well well what can i say. I had 3 travelers recommend this place, there stay stretching back as much as 5-7 years ago. This place is about 20yrs old, it has some serious history in there and you can see that when you visit the font desk/bar. The staff is pretty hipster and they are as helpful as they can be. you really get every kind of traveler in here. old people, young people, crazy people, dusty backpackers, quiet German kids, and the mix of aussie/brits looking to get crunk at the bar.

23rd Apr 2016
5.7

this was beyond horrible. I was in a private room and I left at 430 AM to pay for a hotel because I had not been able to fall sleep: guests in the courtyard were screaming and blaring music louder than any club ive ever been to until this time. Also my window wouldn't close so I was FREEZING in addition to being kept up all night. I called the front desk to complain at 1145 and I was told the noise would die down soon as the bar closed at midnight. It didn't. totally wasted money.

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
26th Mar 2016

in my opinion a great hostel. Nice outside common area where you easily meet people. Lively at night but nice and calm after 12. Beds could be improved, some are a bit saggy. Otherwise a good balanced hostel. Especially for a solo traveler

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
14th Mar 2016
6.6

The staff member who welcomes me was just going through the motions. Afterwards he barely said hello and had a miserable face on him 24/7. Charging for wifi in this day and age should be a no no. He actually charged me for the fees that hostelworld took on top of the rate? The room was quite dirty with hair and dirt under beds and tables. We had two rooms behind our dorm so people had to walk through to get to their beds, constant noise. The bathroom floor was almost always flooded.

• South Africa, Female, 41+