Long Street Backpackers Reviews

209 Longstreet, Cape Town, South Africa

Absolutely loved my time at Long Street Backpackers, I didn't want to leave. Ended up staying a day extra, wish it could have been more. In the short amount of time, I made great friends with some of the staff and other travelers. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable (great pillows), and the location couldn't be better. I'll definitely be back.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great , cool place.

...Like a lot of the reviews say, the place is a little loud at night, so if your an old fart like me, you'll have to get over it. I slept just fine and Emma and Marius were a great help. Bring a lock and use common sense with regard to security. I also liked the dog.

always nice.

fun place. cool staff and pretty safe for long street. my room was facing long st, so pretty noisy until at least 2am... and the beds are pretty uncomfortable. but very clean!

The location is very good. Also the staf were very nice The only problem was the nois

I really enjoy my long holiday there. Good people good place . sure that my next holiday or long weekend I will be back

The deposit which we made online to confirm our reservation was told us as not being payed to the hostel when we arrived there, so that amount of approx. 120 ZAR was charged double to us.... Beds were of poor quality even for hostel-used travelers. Wlan was charged at additional 20 ZAR per day and only available quasi direct at the bar area. Long Street and the whole CBD unfortunately dont seem like the best area at night or at evenings concerning safety - hostel itself felt secure though.

• 8th Mar 2015

Best hostel ever

• 16th Feb 2015

amazing hostel, best location possible, just on long street close to all the best bars, ideal for backpackers looking for fun, the reception/bar has parties everyday, icluding naked parties, beer pong competitions and drinks very affordable... met a lot of nice people there, best in South Africa.

This is a party hostel with a very friendly staff. But if you are looking to have a quiet peaceful time, you shouldn't be here or anywhere on long street. Security is an issue. During my stay, 1 phone and 3 laptops were stolen (all separate incidents) People came in off the street, grabbed and ran during the day. Bring a lock!

• 18th Jan 2015

Cool atmosphere, nice people from all over the world. Great for having a beer and making new friends. Staff is awesome, knowledgable about tours which they can arrange for you at a good price. Ow and cheap beer! Rooms are clean, beds are good, water is warm :)

• 17th Sep 2014

Small Amount Paymant with Hostelworld were not accepted at the hostel. Had to pay full prize!!!!

• 2nd Sep 2014

great atmosphere and cool staff. personally, i think a bathtub in a hostel is quite unhygienic. really good location close to shops and bars and 10-15min walk to the train station.

The sheets on the beds were very dirty. The blankets given to us to sleep with were also very dirty.

• 23rd May 2014

Good hostel in a great location but wifi is expensive and there were only 3 lockers in a 4 person dorm. Could have been cleaner and the dorm was quite cold.

I have travelled many countries, and stayed in many hostels over the years and this was hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in, so much so that I was devastated to leave! Long street backpackers is not just a hostel, it becomes a home away from home, a family away from your family. As a lone traveller, I arrived on my own to South Africa, but within an hour at Long street backpackers, the incredible people who work at the hostel made me feel so welcomed that I forgot I was on my own.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The only hostel worth staying at in Cape Town!

• 19th Apr 2014

Beware that wifi need to be charged for R20 per day, but still very weak wifi signal in my room.

Ii did not stay at the hostel... I booked a private room and they could only accommodate me with a dormatory...

• 7th Mar 2014