Lookout Lisbon! Hostel Reviews

Rua São Pedro Alcântara, 63, 1º Esq., Lisbon, Portugal

We arrived late, around midnight, but we were still received with open arms and friendliness. It was pretty quiet at the time, but we still got a feeling that this is one of the better hostels you might come across in Lisbon. It's situated right up to Bairro Alto, but we didn't notice the noise anywhere inside although it was quiet lively outside during the evenings. We stayed in the 9 bed dorm which was clean and all in all a good experience compared to what you might expect from larger dorms.

Really great hostel! The staff was really nice and cool, and it's right next to an amazing lookout over the city. It's also right on the edge of barrio alto, so it's really easy to walk there and back for some drinking. I didn't have a problem with the noise though.. the windows closed and I couldn't hear a thing

I stayed five nights in the Lookout hostel and had an amazing time there! The staff is great and so helpful..everything is new and super clean..the atmosphere and location are just perfect. Breakfast is delicious too. I simply have nothing negative to say about it, I couldn't have had a better time :)

Lookout Lisbon is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Fabio, Claudia, Luis & co. make the place lively and amazing. Always ready to help with a smile, and super friendly, the staff here is really top-notch! The hostel is in a great location which is close to everything. The rooms and toilets are spotless and there is a great common area that makes it easy for guests to mingle. The beds are comfortable and the lockers provided in the rooms are very secure… plus breakfast is awesome!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I absolutely loved my stay here! The location is fantastic, the hostel was well organised, clean, the beds comfortable, kitchen facilties are great, the list goes on! Oh and did I mention that the staff are truly fantastic! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone thinking of staying in Lisbon! Fabio's tours to Sintra are also fantastic! I would definitely recommend it!

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great Hostel! really comfortable beds, great rooms and extremely clean. Everyone working there was amazing and very helpful and with great recommendations for places to go. Definitely recommended!

The hosts were super friendly. Amazing experience. Moreover, that was one of the most clean hostels I have ever been. Thanks guys.

Perfect Staff, perfect location, perfect cleaning! I highly recommend this hostel if you go to Lisbon! Great work guys! keep on that line, it is the exact way to run it!

Lookout Lisbon was such a great, cosy hostel! It looked 5 star, was located right near the awesome bar area

Great location, great staff, great fun. Excellent small hostel located in the heart of lisbon. Would go back here anytime.

• 20th Jun 2014

Lookout Lisbon was by far our favourite hostel ever! From the moment we walked in the door we felt like old friends, and there were many hugs (almost tears) only 4 days later at check out. The hostel is ideally located with plenty of restaurants and bars at its doorstep. And the view...wow! Everything was brand new and fresh, including the bright white (even ironed!) linen. Bathrooms and kitchens were so clean and well maintained. Super generous and delicious breakfast. We cant wait to return!

Thank you for a great stay! Didn't have much of an opportunity to hang out in the hostel, but wish I would have!

In a pleasant environment with very dear and competent owners is this hostel a must for anyone who wants to stay in Lisbon. Correct service and friendly staff. Wish this hostel all the best for the future. Vanden Heede Bruno Belgium

• 29th May 2014
  • Belgium

If you're a light sleeper, opt for the 9 bed dorm. Particularly when staying over the weekend. Even with the windows closed, the noise from the streets adjacent to the other two dorms can sometimes get quite noisy. I switched and slept much better. And make sure to print any boarding passes, train tickets, or hotel confirmations for your next destination before you arrive. The hostel printer doesn't work. Overall, a solid earner and would definitely consider staying again.

Cute Hostel in a big flat. Very nice staff. Very secure and very clean. Only thing was, that it could be quite noisy during the night (rooms are quite clairaudient, so one hears everything from outside and inside the hostel). The location is also good, there is a bus station and a lookout point right in front of the door. Down to the river or the next metro station, supermarket etc. it's a bit of a walk, but it's ok.

• 25th May 2014

What definitely makes this hostel different from the others is the staff. The staff was amazing. There was a long time I was travelling and wondering when I would find the kind of atmosphere that I found there. The guys who were working were funny, polite and helpful making my time in Lisbon even better. If your are looking for the real atmosphere of how a hostel should be and want to restore a little bit of your faith in humanity I totally recommend the lookout hostel.

• 21st May 2014

Staff its super, position its great, i really raccomanted to all!

Lovely small hostel, Claudia and Fabio were fantastic hosts. Great walking tour with Simonetta. Will definetly stay again.

• 8th May 2014

Fabio and Claudia thank you very much for the hospitality and an amazing place. keep it up!

Great hostel! Luis, Fabio and Co. made it a great experience. Very friendly, down-to-earth people. Great location in the lively Barrio Alto. State-of-the-art facilities. Good breakfast. Worth it to stay here.

• 30th Apr 2014