Lookout Lisbon! Hostel Reviews

Rua São Pedro Alcântara, 63, 1º Esq., Lisbon, Portugal

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Everyone was very welcoming, friendly and relaxed. The hostel is very clean, has a fun atmosphere, great rooms, awesome kitchen, and is located in one of the best spots for going out at night and visiting other parts of town. I really appreciate that the staff was so fantastic and helped me plan some of my continued travels throughout Portugal. I'll definitely be back!

• 27th Jan 2016

Lookout Lisbon is a great place to stay with an amazing view of the city. Also, the staffs are so nice and warm with their guests. They really gave great tips on how to enjoy the city despite the very short time I spent in Lisbon.

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Philippines

I absolutely loved this hostel! The view, the facilities, the staff, and the other backpackers made my stay amazing. The staff was so friendly and hospitable, remembering our names and making us delicious spiced wine. I plan on returning to Lisbon and I will definitely be returning to this hostel.

This hostel is so comfortable, you instantly feel at home! The staff are so kind and helpful, they work really hard to make sure you are happy and have what you need.. Everything is so clean, curtains on the dorm beds provide a lot of privacy, common space is cozy, breakfast is yummy and plenty of food. Many nights there were fun surprises, like hot chocolate/rum for a rainy day. We extended our stay and are still sad to leave!

Claudia and Fabio are the most friendly and hospitable people I met traveling on my 3 week trip. Special shoutout to Lucas and Amalie as well. They've created a family there that you instantly feel a part of. This is a place I was so excited to return to everyday to make food in their kitchen, or just hang out in the common room (which is where the entire hostel wants to be). Their attitude is contagious and the rest of there staff exudes the same sort of essence. My favorite hostel, hands down.

• 3rd Jan 2016

This is one of the greatest hostels I have ever been to, if not the best. So secure, someone answer's the door to let you in. The staff are amazing, seriously Fabio, Amelie (I think that's how you spell it), & Claudia were so helpful & fun to be around. The location is on this beautiful lookout & walking distance from great food/music. Transit stops are just outside the door or down the hill. The warm atmosphere is unparalleled, super clean, great value, seriously cool & well designed place!

We had a great time here! Great atmosphere. Thank you

• 31st Dec 2015

Great hostel in the Best quarter of Europe to party ! Claudia and Fabio are very friendly and helpful. The place is clean and confortable. 3rd time that we Come there. ☺ See you next time ! Loic

This hostel is amazing! It genuinely feels like a family by the end of your stay and Fabio and Claudia do an amazing job and the facilities are ridiculously clean.

• 4th Dec 2015

We had a fantastic stay at Lookout! The hostel has a fantastic feel whilst also being clean and tidy. Breakfast is great and Fabio and Claudio do a fantastic job making sure every guest is welcome. We had an amazing tidy with a highlight being Fabio's trip to Sintra!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Scotland

Lovely hostel with amazing staff. I will definitely come back.

Great hostel for the price. The evening staff could have been a little nicer.

• 14th Nov 2015

The location is close to metros, the trams, and depending what you're looking for, the "major" city center of Lisbon. We were able to get to the hostel and find it with ease with a metro from the train station. The staff was nice and helpful with anything you wanted to find from a beach to suggestions. The breakfast was pretty good and there were rarely any issues with the bathrooms. I would definitely recommend staying here!

amazing hostel and staff in a perfect location!

• 11th Nov 2015

Really good hostel, very friendly to everyone, nice company, great location, comfortable romos, suprinsingly clean. I have only good words.

One of the best hostel experiences I've had in Europe. Claudia and Fabio are exactly the kind of owners I love to see opening hostels. They were always around to mingle with guests and make sure everyone was feeling comfortable and welcome and it was obvious how much care and passion they put into their business. Breakfast included the most incredible homemade tomato jam courtesy of Fabio's mother. The hostel is small so that a sense of community develops quickly. I met some great people here.

Very good hostel, its clean well located and people take good care of you. You can get a good night sleep in the comfortable beds. Reception 24 hours makes it easier to manage your trip

An excellent hostel that carries the soul of Portugal and Lisbon. From the old wooden stairs that creaks while you ascend to the residence - giving you a sense of the heritage with a whiff of nostalgia; to the warm, welcoming, and caring team of staff - hospitality so good, it's like a mirage of home. Thank you Fabio, Claudia, Rita, Filipa and Selina for being such amazing hosts!

Great Hostel! Perfect location, familiar atmosphere, very comfortable beds and the best staff (Rita, it`s been a pleasure meeting you!) I had a wonderful time and returned a few times during my stay in Portugal... and I will come back :)

• 30th Oct 2015

I stayed at LookOut for 4 nights and it was A M A Z I N G. The location is really good, super close to the main bar and pubs street (Bairro Alto). The people working there were so nice and so helpful, always willing to have a nice conversation with you and share with all the guests. And I havent told you about the breakfast, it was A W E S O M E, I would say one of the best included breakfasts I have seen in a low budget hostel. They give you so many options of food.

• 13th Oct 2015