Lookout Lisbon! Hostel Reviews

Rua São Pedro Alcântara, 63, 1º Esq., Lisbon, Portugal

A decent hostel. Only issue I noticed was that the showers kept going between burning hot and icy cold even when the handle wasn't moved. There was no air conditioning, but they had fans. Breakfast was cute, beds were fine: outlets, lights, free lockers, pleasant staff and guests. Location is right by the best bar scene in the city, but it's also up a huge hill so there's going to be a hike involved at the end of your day, although that's unavoidable in Lisbon.

• 18th Jul 2015

Lookout was FANTASTIC! The hostel is right in the middle of a very vivid night-life area, full of life (so don't expect any quiet nights, just bring some earplugs and it's all good) The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly, just follow all of their tips and you will have a wonderful time in and around Lisbon. As a bonus - the hostel is beautiful and stylish, the bunks in the dorm are comfy and big, and the view is simply amazing! Good vibes all round. I Recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 17th Jul 2015

The staff made this hostel by being informative, enthusiastic and always willing to help.

The room I stayed in was too small for 6 bunks beds, no air-con therefore it got really hot at night and stuffy at night. I didnt get much sleep while I stayed there. The room's window is opposite to the kitchen so be prepare to wake up at 7 am by kitchen noise. Overall, its not a bad hostel as the staff are amazing.

Well I have stayed at quite a few hostels and this one was awesome. Everyone was so nice and welcoming . The staff was so sweet and helpful. Also everyone that stayed there became friends very quickly. I made some good friends at my stay there. Furthermore they took us on a secret tour. I do not want to give away the details of this tour but I will say that it was awesome, like something not many tourists will get to see kind of thing. Anyways I definitely recommend staying here, well worth it

• 15th Jul 2015

Next to bairo alto.. can be loud at night. But the staff is so motivate and nice, I loved it! Best hostel on my trip. Awesome breakfast! Great living room to connect with others!

Keep up the good work!

The staff was really great, and extra helpful! The location is unbeatable. I really liked staying here, but they really need to put AC in the rooms. It was unbearably hot at night. The fans in the rooms hardly work and the bar scene outside makes it much too loud to keep the window open. Also, top bunks need curtains.

Great breakfast, excellent location and an amazing staff. Surprise trip made for a unique lisbon experience!

Ticks all the boxes! Fabio and the rest of the staff were awesome and the hostel is a good size and has great atmosphere. All of the spaces were neat and super clean. The breakfast is top notch, especially if you're a sweet tooth! Big lockable draws and PC were great to have. Oh, and that couscous salad was delicioso and so cheap! Need I say more? Obrigada Lookout Lisbon! We hope to return one day soon, the Kiwi gals.

I could say many good things about this hostel.. Spacious dorms, very comfy beds (with curtains, power plugs and all), great location, good breakfast, etc. What makes Lookout Lisbon a standout is the staff. Each and every person who works there is warm, attentive, so generous, and a joy to be around.. so much so that I'd stay here again just for them. A special thank you to Fabio for finding me some olive oil so I could cook my dinner, and Bruno for putting toast on the table every morning :) Ob

• 3rd Jul 2015

Lookout Lisbon! was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff go out of their way to answer questions and make your stay enjoyable. The free breakfast was really good for a hostel and was a great way to sit together and meet other hostelers. The beds are nice and large with ample storage space. The staff also organize a lot of activities throughout the week.

I loved staying at this hostel, it's got such a great vibe! They do loads of activities and the staff are genuinely interested in your stay. Breakfast was a real treat and such a great way of starting off the day, with everything laid on this big table and everyone sitting together and chatting away. The dorm faced the street but I was able to get a good night's sleep, which was exactly what I needed!

My friends and I had a fantastic time in Lisbon, partly due to staying in such a great hostel! The staff are so welcoming and very happy to give recommendations for things to do in Lisbon. The hostel also runs trips to the beach and to Sintra. We did the beach one, which was €15 and included transport (in the yellow van!), parasols, water, beer and great company. The communal space and breakfast in th hostel are great and make it really easy to meet new people! We'll be back!

• 30th Jun 2015

Such an amazing hostel. Run by the best staff. So refreshing to be run by actual locals who know the area so well. Has a chilled lounge where it was easy to meet people. Shout out to Fabio who was on point with all his suggestions and was one of the most amazing hostel workers I've come across. Stay here! You won't regret it :)

• 29th Jun 2015

I had a great stay at Lookout Lisbon! it is super close to two metro stops if you need to get anywhere and is right in the heart of historic Lisbon. The staff there were awesome and really great in helping me plan a day trip to Sintra and an amazing last day in Lisbon. The dorm that I was in faced a street with a bar that was really loud until late, but I put in my headphones and had no problems. Overall, great hostel and would happily stay there again the next time I'm in Lisbon.

My travel companion and I stayed here for 3 nights and we honestly couldn't be happier. Lookout Lisbon is the single best hostel I've ever been to and I've been to quite a few. The staff was extremely friendly, the breakfast was delicious, and the location was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.

I have been to many hostels around the world and this by far the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff goes above and beyond and are very friendly. There are a lot of group activities they put on which make it easy to get know other people in the hostel.

• 21st Jun 2015

Would love to say thanks to the staff; really lovely :)

I felt very welcome and secure in the hostel. The atmosphere is very nice, as is the staff! Really enjoyed my stay!

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Belgium

Olá Thank you very much for your kind words! We hope you enjoyed Lisbon as much as you enjoyed our hostel, and you are always welcome to come back and visit us. We wish you a safe trip back home and a great summer :) Obrigado :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3