Lookout Lisbon! Hostel Reviews

Rua São Pedro Alcântara, 63, 1º Esq., Lisbon, Portugal

This hostel feels more like a home than a hostel. The staff are some of the friendliest and most helpful I have come across, doing everything they can to make your stay in Lisbon unforgettable. I will definitely be returning!

• 18th Aug 2015

I had an amazing time at the hostel! The staff are genuinely nice and really care about their guests having a good time in Lisbon. It's got a great atmosphere thanks to a large common area and the staff keep it very clean. The only problem I had was that the showers were a bit tricky to figure out. I'll definitely be staying there if I go back to Lisbon!

I really enjoyed my stay at Lookout Lisbon. Claudia, Fabio, and the rest of the staff there were so kind and eager to make me feel at home. The only damper was the fluctuating water temperature while taking a shower but It gets so hot in Lisbon that it was almost refreshing. I will definitely come back to Lookout Lisbon when I'm back in town!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Alynnski

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in, a short stop before going back home but definitely worth it! I met a lot of people there and Fábio took us out for an amêndoa amarga in Bairro Alto. I loved the fact that there was a curtain in each bed, so there was a lot of privacy and it was perfect to sleep. And in the morning we all sat together to enjoy a delicious breakfast! I recommend this hostel!!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Portugal

I can't speak highly enough of this Hostel. I have travelled extensively in Europe and the world and this is right up there. Across the board from the cleanliness to the Atmosphere and most impressively the Staff, this place was like staying in your friends apartment, which is a unique vibe to create in a city Hostel. It also happens to be sitting opposite an incredible view point in an incredible location. I will be returning an if coming to Lisbon I can't see there being a better place to stay

• 6th Aug 2015

Really friendly staff, great location and comfy beds. Great hostel

This hostel was great in terms of facilities but really lacked in atmosphere. If you're a solo traveller I would strongly suggest you stay at the various other nearby hostels, as the location was great.

The hostel was very clean and the beds were comfortable but there was some construction noise in the mornings which was pretty unpleasant. The atmosphere wasn't like what we had experienced in other hostels. There wasn't any sense of community and this definitely is not a party hostel!! Although it is in a pretty good location to go to bars, there were families there and the entire hostel including the communal rooms had to be silent by 10 or 11. Nice hostel but just not we were looking for.

• 27th Jul 2015

Had a fantastic time here, couldn't beat the location staff & other guests, can't wait to come back!

A decent hostel. Only issue I noticed was that the showers kept going between burning hot and icy cold even when the handle wasn't moved. There was no air conditioning, but they had fans. Breakfast was cute, beds were fine: outlets, lights, free lockers, pleasant staff and guests. Location is right by the best bar scene in the city, but it's also up a huge hill so there's going to be a hike involved at the end of your day, although that's unavoidable in Lisbon.

• 18th Jul 2015

Lookout was FANTASTIC! The hostel is right in the middle of a very vivid night-life area, full of life (so don't expect any quiet nights, just bring some earplugs and it's all good) The staff is amazingly helpful and friendly, just follow all of their tips and you will have a wonderful time in and around Lisbon. As a bonus - the hostel is beautiful and stylish, the bunks in the dorm are comfy and big, and the view is simply amazing! Good vibes all round. I Recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 17th Jul 2015

The staff made this hostel by being informative, enthusiastic and always willing to help.

The room I stayed in was too small for 6 bunks beds, no air-con therefore it got really hot at night and stuffy at night. I didnt get much sleep while I stayed there. The room's window is opposite to the kitchen so be prepare to wake up at 7 am by kitchen noise. Overall, its not a bad hostel as the staff are amazing.

Well I have stayed at quite a few hostels and this one was awesome. Everyone was so nice and welcoming . The staff was so sweet and helpful. Also everyone that stayed there became friends very quickly. I made some good friends at my stay there. Furthermore they took us on a secret tour. I do not want to give away the details of this tour but I will say that it was awesome, like something not many tourists will get to see kind of thing. Anyways I definitely recommend staying here, well worth it

• 15th Jul 2015

Next to bairo alto.. can be loud at night. But the staff is so motivate and nice, I loved it! Best hostel on my trip. Awesome breakfast! Great living room to connect with others!

Keep up the good work!

The staff was really great, and extra helpful! The location is unbeatable. I really liked staying here, but they really need to put AC in the rooms. It was unbearably hot at night. The fans in the rooms hardly work and the bar scene outside makes it much too loud to keep the window open. Also, top bunks need curtains.

Great breakfast, excellent location and an amazing staff. Surprise trip made for a unique lisbon experience!

Ticks all the boxes! Fabio and the rest of the staff were awesome and the hostel is a good size and has great atmosphere. All of the spaces were neat and super clean. The breakfast is top notch, especially if you're a sweet tooth! Big lockable draws and PC were great to have. Oh, and that couscous salad was delicioso and so cheap! Need I say more? Obrigada Lookout Lisbon! We hope to return one day soon, the Kiwi gals.

I could say many good things about this hostel.. Spacious dorms, very comfy beds (with curtains, power plugs and all), great location, good breakfast, etc. What makes Lookout Lisbon a standout is the staff. Each and every person who works there is warm, attentive, so generous, and a joy to be around.. so much so that I'd stay here again just for them. A special thank you to Fabio for finding me some olive oil so I could cook my dinner, and Bruno for putting toast on the table every morning :) Ob

• 3rd Jul 2015