Looming Hostel Reviews

Kastani 38, Tartu, Estonia

Friendly staff and good facilities make it a winner

It was very awkward and quiet here. There weren't any backpackers looking to socialize so I was really glad I brought a friend. Not good for solo travelers. The vintage Eco thing is cool but things like the old beds are not comfortable. About 15 min walk from anything. The staff was very nice and helpful. I got locked out of my bag and the girl had her friend bring over a saw to cut through my bag lock which was very nice of her.

I enjoyed staying in this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. I loved the emphasis on the green issues. Everything is recycled. I liked the fact you could purchased clothes left by other travellers for a €1.00. It was quiet maybe because it was 15 minutes walk away from the city centre but I did not have a problem with that.

A bit of a walk from the centre, but fine.

Feels like home. Location is in a quiet wooden housing area and it was quiet. The room was nice and clean, bed sheets were ready made and I slept very well. Reception, lounge and kitchen are next to each other that makes a good hang around place to meet other people. The kitchen is a bit tiny but it doesn't feel like it , as there are windows towards the big balcony on the roof. Good and practical to eat out there. Well planned information wall. Shower has a shelf for a shampoo and soap:)

I loved all that recycled stuff!! Really the most sustainable hostel if seen so far. However, it's not much going on in the hostel, a bit too quite, at least when I was there...