Lord Wolseley Reviews

265 Bulwara Road, Ultimo, Sydney, Australia

All an average tourist needs! I was lucky to have very nice people in the room and it felt like at home! Young lady at bar/reception was very nice and helpful. In the evening there was some beer party ,but it didn't disturb in the hotel rooms above.Overall very homely,quiet atmosphere!Gosh I don't even know how it is possible:)

• 30th Nov 2014

The beer was cole and had an opportunity to mix with the locals. Plus had a good night sleep - no air conditioning Will return - bets 400 dollar city rooms.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great value for money, staff were lovely on arrival but when we checked out there were no members of staff on site (it was 10am check out but as it is a pub no staff were in yet). This was a bit disconcerting as we'd asked to leave luggage in their bag store, which meant leaving us no choice but to leave our cases in an unlocked room and trusting they would be ok when we returned. They were ok, but we would have expected staff to be around at the checkout time.

• 26th Nov 2014

Room was clean, good value.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Fantastic location, walking distance from Central Station but still an oasis of tranquility. Next door to a lovely park and opposite an old church with a great op shop. The pub itself has a great atmosphere. It's very old style, warm and inviting. Nice restaurant. Band on Saturday night was fun, not too loud and finished at a reasonable hour. Bathrooms could be cleaner and could do with some renovation but overall very good value. I'd stay there again.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Just stayed one night, but have been there before to have a few drinks. A really lovely pub, with a great outdoor space. Rooms we comfortable enough, not amazing, but pretty much what we expected.

• 20th Nov 2014

Nice little hostel. Ticks all the boxes in terms of comfortable accommodation within walking distance of the city centre. Adequate cooking facilities (electric hob, oven, microwave, kettle, toaster) most of the showers are pretty good, but one just dribbled. Unlimited wifi, one-day codes given out at the bar downstairs. Only big downside is there's no communal rest area like a TV room or lounge room, so I ended up sitting in on the kitchen stools to talk to friends in the hostel.

The showers in the bathrooms were mouldy but other than that it was quiet and inexpensive!

• 25th Oct 2014

I was staying for about a week in one of the 4 bed dorms. The rooms are very nice and clean. You'll get provided with a towel. Kitchen is very small but enough for the usual stuff. I was in the second floor and didn't heard any loud noise from the pub downstairs. I enjoyed my stay and would come back again.

Nice double room above the pub which was noisy until late most evenings (Tues-Fri). The light outside illuminating the pub sign also illuminated the room (could do with having black out curtains). Luckily we took our ear plugs and eye mask so these problems were not an issue. Kitchen facilities were good. Showers were powerful and hot. Great budget accommodation.

• 7th Oct 2014

The private room was very nice. The only thing is that the bed is pretty low. The kitchen was rather small and had no running water or forks, so I had to eat my chicken parma with a spoon and then wash the plate in the adjacent bathroom.

Hi, Thanks for your review. The water was not running for a couple of hours while the council completed works.

Very nice and it's actually very close to the center, just 10-15 minutes walking. It's so cool to have a bar when you reach home tired after waking all day

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Chile

Thanks for your review, I'm glad you you enjoyed yourself.

If you like mouldy walls and cockroaches this is the place for you! Also advertised as having free wifi but it never worked for the duration of our stay. Other than that- good location, close to darling harbour and the other people staying were quite cool. Also the dorm rooms looked much better than the double room we stayed in.

• 15th Sep 2014

Sadly the room stairways and general place were very dirty, yuck!!

Been drinking downstairs for years, now that we've moved out of town, this is our default when back visiting. one of sydneys best kept secrets for sure.

Good stuff! Wasn't affected by the live music on the Saturday night as I was in the room furthest away from the bar. Good atmosphere in the bar, didn't have a chance to sample the food so cannot comment. All in all a pleasant stay, would recommend

• 13th Sep 2014

It's a good hostel with nice atmosphere. Really cold in winter even though we were 2 in the bed and the nice staff tried to help us with putting in a heater. Minus with the double room is that there is no wardrobe or somewhere else to put your things when staying for a longer time.

A clean and convenient place. I had a pleasant double room over a quiet street midweek. The TV worked, the showers and toilets were OK. Your room key opens the side door and an internal security door at night. The staff were friendly and efficient. Recommended if travelling by foot and public transport. You can get there by light rail from Central Station to Exhibition Centre. Access Bathurst St midtown via Fig St bridge or Goulburn St Chinatown via William Henry/ Pier St bridge.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Good things - location; got to all parts of sydney easily by foot. Friendly staff when you see them, though mostly i didn't. +great wifi.Worst thing - carrying bags up the stairs - a backpack would be ideal. Everything works fine, though basic and seen better days. I stayed in a room on my own, paid extra for it being a solo traveller and not wanting a shared room. I think for a hostel its good value, for own room its a bit steep to pay the same as for two people. Overall i enjoyed myself.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hotel is located about 10mins walk away from Exhibition light rail station. Cosy and suitable for budget travellers. Shared bathroom is surprisingly clean but the hallway is very cold during winter. The rooms are not equipped with heater so can be quite cold on winter nights.

• 19th Aug 2014