Lord Wolseley Reviews

265 Bulwara Road, Ultimo, Sydney, Australia

We attended a function at the hotel and stayed the night because of that. I was not looking for any more than cleanliness convenience and comfort. I liked the place .

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We had a car and the hostel was easy to get to and find a close car park. staff were very friendly and fast sorting us out. Good location to darling harbour and good for the price

There should be some hanger in the room.

loved it!

• 29th Jul 2015

Pretty loud prior to mid night, but you'd expect that being above a pub. The bathrooms were ok but pretty dusty and lots of cobwebs. The bed was ok, we took our own sheets which made it more comfortable for us. One thing that really put me off was the people from the pub were smoking on the side under our window which we had closed, the smoke came in through the window frame which filled the room it was AWFUL! Need to block up the windows so this doesn't happen, or ask patrons to smoke elsewhere

• 24th Jul 2015

Our private room was clean and so with the bed sheets. It's winter time in July hence we are booked with a big ceiling fan , a flat screen t.v. and window with a good view of the street . All in all it's a good stay and we'll be coming back to Lord Wolseley at room number 30

2 of 4 showers was no working.there is no kitchen.every windows always open(very freezing). Cigarettes smoke smell inside the room.very dirty and smelly towel.

• 11th Jul 2015

I appreciated being put in another room that had more space as the allocated room seemed to have a water leak that no-one was aware of. But all was OK and nice a quiet.

• 26th Jun 2015

Staff are always friendly, kind and helpful.

The overall accomodation is in drying need of a renovation however it still is quite function & can be easily over looked. I actually loved this place, the pub down stairs is cute and had great food and a good atmosphere. Now being above the pub isn't to bad, we didn't find it to noisy & enjoyed listening to the Jazz blues music on Sunday evening while in our room before popping down stairs for a drink. Great location, loved the pyrmont area, easy walk to everywhere, next to the light rail ☺️👍

Basic rooms, but decent value and a good pub

• 7th May 2015

Was great location for what I needed however was very noisy with the pub downstairs!! Very dirty kitchens and very old bathrooms. Linen old, grotty carpet, but was fine for the money and being short term.

This is a really atmospheric old Sydney pub in a village type site yet you are in the heart of Sydney. Hostel facilities are basic but clean and good value. I will definitely stay there again.

My wife and I very much enjoyed our time at the Lord Wolseley. It was very close to the Power House Museum where I was doing research, as well as close to the railway station. Walking distance for almost everything we wanted to do. Recommend it highly.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff was really friendly but the kitchen was small and dirty. There was no cooker in the kitchen just a microwave and a lots of cockroach.

Staff at the Lord Wolseley were very helpful, friendly and welcoming throughout our stay there. The room we were in, was nice and cosy with a lovely view of the city. However, even though the kitchen had been cleaned, we felt it was still unhygienic as insects and cockroaches were running around the floor and cutlery draw; which put us off using the kitchen to prepare meals which was very inconvenient.

• 25th Mar 2015

Room was ok. But it was outdated and the towels and sheets on my bed were dirty.

This hostel was ok for a few days but the lack of communal area and kitchen would be difficult for a long stay. the rooms were good sized and clean and the underbed lockers was a bonus. the wifi was also a good extra.

Upstairs kitchen full of ants and cockroaches (including in the fridge), no stove or hot plate, so we couldn't have cooked if we wanted to. The room was dirty and had terrible ventilation, don't think it has seen a vacuum cleaner in months. Showers and toilets all right. The staff seemed to hate their jobs, but I don't blame them, as I would not want to work there either.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Norway

friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere, friendly locals. a bit out of the way so be prepared for some walking, two great cafés close by but limited in food options otherwise (food at hotel was great!) comfortable and basic rooms, not too loud. didn't use the kitchenette but it looked pretty basic.

• 11th Mar 2015