Lord Wolseley Reviews

265 Bulwara Road, Ultimo, Sydney, Australia

Stayed in a twin private pro's: free towel, free wifi, tv, side table. cons: when we arrived with our heavy backpacks we weren't acknowledged and had to wait for the couple to finish their convo. You have to walk thru a pub to go in and out (not ideal), tiny kitchen, every night there is music playing until midnight so don't expect to sleep before then. Thurs was up to 2am and being on the 1st floor there was no getting away from it. Bathroom needs a re-vamp! Doors slam loud! Noisy!

I dont have one bad thing to say about this place. I loved how it has been kept as it was built. Really vintage and cool. Staff were amazing and so happy to help. Will be staying there again for sure. The artmosphere was great and suited for all ages

• 6th Jun 2014

Old, quaint and clean and comfortable. Great value for inner city stay.

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review.

The location is fairly good, being close to Darling Harbor and a light rail station. I stayed on a Friday night and the noise from the bar downstairs was really loud up until midnight. I understand that bars are loud so I'm not blaming anyone. It's my own fault for not considering that when I booked the reservation.

Hi, Thanks for your review. You stayed on the Queen's Birthday long weekend Friday. It is a very big night for hospitality. I'm sorry that you were bothered by the noise. We have accommodation further from the bar area if that suits you better for next time. King regards

Very helpful at reception, will stay there again.

• 31st May 2014

Pity there is no car parking for people staying there. :(

• 25th May 2014

Hi, thanks for your review, Unfortunately you won't find find guest parking at many, if any, inexpensive hotels in the inner city. There is however totally unrestricted parking less than ten minutes walk away, which cannot be said for virtually any other nearby hotels.

Decent double room, small kitchen for guests, but bar and eatery downstairs (good food and drink). Good location close to Darling Harbour.

I stayed there only for one night, but when I need a room in Sydney again I will come back! ♡

• 5th May 2014

See you then!

The Lord Wolseley is a lovely little old pub in leafy quiet area close to the centre of Sydney.I stayed in the deluxe ensuite room which offered basic accommodation - the bed could have been a little better, the tv wasn't working, there wasn't any clock radio or internet, the bathroom could have been a tad cleaner (cleaning around and behind the taps is suggested) and the tap leaked constantly. However, having said that, overall it was ok value for money and I would happily stay there again.

• 4th May 2014

Hi, thanks for you comments. We now have free high speed WIFI in every room and flat panel TVs with USB, HDMI and DVD in every private room. We are terrific value for money when you consider that some hostels charge more for 2 beds in a dorm than we do for a private room with ensuite.

Stayed for 3 days, even though there's no common room, the pub downstairs definitely make up for it, good location just minutes walk to Darling Harbour or Chinatown and Sydney's cbd is very easy to reach too, nice clean showers and comfy beds, extremely good value for a 4-bed room so close to Sydney's cbd, will definitely stay again if visiting Sydney. Cheers for the service guys, keep it up!

• 25th Apr 2014

The team at the Lord Wolseley were lovely. Everyone is very friendly & accommodating. Room & linens very clean, bed comfy & I loved the high ceilings. I can only comment on the kitchenette & bathroom facilities on the 1st floor - scrupulously clean & I had no qualms about using them. Can certainly recommend dinner in the bistro - great flavours, with generous portions that beat me every time! Thanks so much, guys. I'll visit again. :)

• 15th Apr 2014

Correct prices! Slept like a queen since the beds were really good. Not the place where you go and make a lot of new friends but to get a good night sleep!

Good hostel. I was only there for one night and it was fine.

• 4th Apr 2014

Enjoyed my stay, friendly atmosphere and courtiouse staff

• 28th Mar 2014

The romm for 4 it is very little

One night stopover before returning to states - wish we had booked this for the original week stay! Awesome doublebed corner private room with bath, ceiling fan, love seat, fridge on 3rd floor. Super clean, modern bathrooms on both hostel floors (2nd & 3rd - 1st is quaint old pub). Partial kitchen on each floor (3rd has burner, big fridge, no microwave - 2nd has microwave and large fridge). As close as you get to a hotel experience in a hostel.

Thanks for you review - glad you enjoyed your stay!

Hostel location was central to everything we needed. The room was clean and had a ceiling fan which was all we needed. Bar staff were friendly. Only downside was paying deposit in US dollars - seemed very strange. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and hope to be back.

• 8th Mar 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. The deposit is actually retained by HostelWorld, so there is not a lot we could have done about that for you. Regards

Very unique! Staff was excellent with lots of help!!

We enjoyed the stay. Staff were friendly and helpful and the place has character! It is convenient for Chinatown and the city, and there is a cmmunity centre with free wifi with 100m.

• 1st Mar 2014

Thanks for the review. We now have free WIFI on premises. Cheers

Hostel looks good, had a couple of chilled nights there. Definitely not a party hostel though the hostel is in a bar. dorm rooms are not the biggest, but are very clean. facilities are great. Recommend staying there for a couple of chilled/quiet nights. Walking distance to CBD and Darling Harbour (15 mins)