Lord Wolseley Reviews

265 Bulwara Road, Ultimo, Sydney, Australia

The showers in the bathrooms were mouldy but other than that it was quiet and inexpensive!

• 25th Oct 2014

Nice double room above the pub which was noisy until late most evenings (Tues-Fri). The light outside illuminating the pub sign also illuminated the room (could do with having black out curtains). Luckily we took our ear plugs and eye mask so these problems were not an issue. Kitchen facilities were good. Showers were powerful and hot. Great budget accommodation.

• 7th Oct 2014

The private room was very nice. The only thing is that the bed is pretty low. The kitchen was rather small and had no running water or forks, so I had to eat my chicken parma with a spoon and then wash the plate in the adjacent bathroom.

Hi, Thanks for your review. The water was not running for a couple of hours while the council completed works.

Very nice and it's actually very close to the center, just 10-15 minutes walking. It's so cool to have a bar when you reach home tired after waking all day

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Chile

Thanks for your review, I'm glad you you enjoyed yourself.

If you like mouldy walls and cockroaches this is the place for you! Also advertised as having free wifi but it never worked for the duration of our stay. Other than that- good location, close to darling harbour and the other people staying were quite cool. Also the dorm rooms looked much better than the double room we stayed in.

• 15th Sep 2014

Sadly the room stairways and general place were very dirty, yuck!!

Been drinking downstairs for years, now that we've moved out of town, this is our default when back visiting. one of sydneys best kept secrets for sure.

Good stuff! Wasn't affected by the live music on the Saturday night as I was in the room furthest away from the bar. Good atmosphere in the bar, didn't have a chance to sample the food so cannot comment. All in all a pleasant stay, would recommend

• 13th Sep 2014

It's a good hostel with nice atmosphere. Really cold in winter even though we were 2 in the bed and the nice staff tried to help us with putting in a heater. Minus with the double room is that there is no wardrobe or somewhere else to put your things when staying for a longer time.

A clean and convenient place. I had a pleasant double room over a quiet street midweek. The TV worked, the showers and toilets were OK. Your room key opens the side door and an internal security door at night. The staff were friendly and efficient. Recommended if travelling by foot and public transport. You can get there by light rail from Central Station to Exhibition Centre. Access Bathurst St midtown via Fig St bridge or Goulburn St Chinatown via William Henry/ Pier St bridge.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Good things - location; got to all parts of sydney easily by foot. Friendly staff when you see them, though mostly i didn't. +great wifi.Worst thing - carrying bags up the stairs - a backpack would be ideal. Everything works fine, though basic and seen better days. I stayed in a room on my own, paid extra for it being a solo traveller and not wanting a shared room. I think for a hostel its good value, for own room its a bit steep to pay the same as for two people. Overall i enjoyed myself.

• 22nd Aug 2014

The hotel is located about 10mins walk away from Exhibition light rail station. Cosy and suitable for budget travellers. Shared bathroom is surprisingly clean but the hallway is very cold during winter. The rooms are not equipped with heater so can be quite cold on winter nights.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Stayed in a double private and for the price we paid I was really happy. It's not got a crazy party atmosphere and the pub below doesn't stay open that late so I always had a good sleep

Stayed in a twin private pro's: free towel, free wifi, tv, side table. cons: when we arrived with our heavy backpacks we weren't acknowledged and had to wait for the couple to finish their convo. You have to walk thru a pub to go in and out (not ideal), tiny kitchen, every night there is music playing until midnight so don't expect to sleep before then. Thurs was up to 2am and being on the 1st floor there was no getting away from it. Bathroom needs a re-vamp! Doors slam loud! Noisy!

I dont have one bad thing to say about this place. I loved how it has been kept as it was built. Really vintage and cool. Staff were amazing and so happy to help. Will be staying there again for sure. The artmosphere was great and suited for all ages

• 6th Jun 2014

Old, quaint and clean and comfortable. Great value for inner city stay.

• 4th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review.

The location is fairly good, being close to Darling Harbor and a light rail station. I stayed on a Friday night and the noise from the bar downstairs was really loud up until midnight. I understand that bars are loud so I'm not blaming anyone. It's my own fault for not considering that when I booked the reservation.

Hi, Thanks for your review. You stayed on the Queen's Birthday long weekend Friday. It is a very big night for hospitality. I'm sorry that you were bothered by the noise. We have accommodation further from the bar area if that suits you better for next time. King regards

Very helpful at reception, will stay there again.

• 31st May 2014

Pity there is no car parking for people staying there. :(

• 25th May 2014

Hi, thanks for your review, Unfortunately you won't find find guest parking at many, if any, inexpensive hotels in the inner city. There is however totally unrestricted parking less than ten minutes walk away, which cannot be said for virtually any other nearby hotels.

Decent double room, small kitchen for guests, but bar and eatery downstairs (good food and drink). Good location close to Darling Harbour.