Lords Lodge Backpackers Reviews

204 Punt Rd, Prahran, Melbourne, Australia

Staff there really helpful and were really accommodating when I messed up my own booking (twice!). It's not the cleanest of places, but the bathrooms and shower areas were fine. Quite a lot of long term people staying, not too many people passing through like I was. There's a policy of no noise after 10pm, which people are pretty good at sticking to, so you can actually get some sleep! If you're after a sociable hostel with friendly faces then this would suit you.

Brilliant atmosphere

• 20th Nov 2015

The hostel was not very clean and the Donna, mattress and pillows were extremely dirty. The bathrooms and particularly the shower curtains had mould on them. When I arrived they couldn't find the key to my room so I ended up not having a key to lock my room until the next day. I wouldn't stay here again.

Over half of the hostel are there on long term so their stuff is all over the room. After talking to them, they said that a lot of it was from previous people that use to stay there... They should clean the rooms more frequently as there was rubbish under my bed and mices that will eat all food you keep in the rooms. That being said, the atmosphere is very laidback and all the people staying there are very friendly. Something rare for an australian hostel!

This Hostel is bascially an old mansion so there`s not too many rooms and people and it has its own charm. It's pretty close to the tram/bus and cafes/shops. The staff was nice. It has a nice big lounge room with a big TV and lots of DVDs. The bathrooms weren't very clean. Also when we arrived we had to wait to check into our room (the door can't be locked but there is lockers inside) because "they were still changing sheets"..however there were crumbs in my bed! No go for me.

It is more like a big share house so if your sociable and like to make new friends this hostel is perfect for you. I had a really comfortable stay here, even on a weekend it wasn't too crazy like other hostels, I had a good nights sleep. very good atmosphere. The staff are the nicest i've met in any hostel. Very helpful and concerning.