Loro Loco Hostel Reviews

Avenida Suarez Arana, 134, entre primer y segundo anillo, Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Great hostel, ten minute walk to main plaza and all shops etc. Restaurants, shops and newsagents outside the door. staff are really helpful and speak English and French. Tours organised with Nick's adventure tour company. French owner is really lovely. Beds are comfywith extra blankets if u need them. Laundry was a nice surprise- u pay to fill the machine and it's huge so u can share with someone to save and cause its near the rooms U can keep an eye on it and get urstuffdry and packed in oneday

This hostel was a disappointment for me. The staff are friendly and very helpful but other than that the place is dirty and pretty much a 24 hour a day party house. Music was playing loudly in the courtyard until 3am keeping everyone awake and the bathrooms were not clean. There is no enforcement on the quiet after 10pm rule so there were people drinking, yelling even throwing up in the dorms. If you want a place to party and not get any rest, stay here! It's perfect for you.

Good Hostel, but a bit far away from the city center.

Nice hostel, one of the best I've experience in South America, great breakfast by Bolivian standards, good value for money, nice courtyard in the centre of the property, friendly helpful staff, would stay here again.

Loved this hostel, ended up staying an extra day as I liked it so much and they were very accommodating for my changing plans! Great common areas and kitchen and we ended up creating huge group meals. Only gripe is the shower I went in wasn't warm (I subsequently heard you needed to go to an alternate shower for warm water) and there are only 3 toilets for the whole hostel but don't let it detract from how good this hostel is.

Run by a charismatic Frenchman, Loro Loco is a great place to stay. It´s about a 20 minute walk from the main plaza and a 30 minute walk from the bus station. The atmosphere is nice and it attracts a chilled out crowd. A great breakfast of fruit, juices, coffee and sandwiches is served every morning and staff are friendly and English speaking. The hostel has a good kitchen and a common room where you can watch TV. The dorms are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. Recommended.

Super hostel. Very friendly staff and great place to meet other travellers. I had a flight very early in the morning and the owner made sure breakfast was ready for me at 6am. Thanks so much!

• 11th Jun 2014

Loro Loco was a good hostel for the one night we stayed. The atmosphere was good, staff were helpful, internet was decent, rooms toilets kitchen were clean. Breakfast in the morning was good as well! The only negative aspect was that there are only 4 toilets in the whole building! We were in a room of 16 and there were at least 5 more rooms. Only 4 toilets for 40 people is a bit ridiculous! Also, if u shower after dinner there is no hot water. All in all, decent stay!

• 8th Jun 2014

Was offered free caprihinia's when I arrived so that started my staff off very well. Staff were lovely and the beds were comfortable.

There was no one else at the hostel when I was staying which meant I had a 16 man dorm just for myself and my friend, however, the atmosphere was dire.

A hostel with great facilities (wifi router didn't have a very strong signal, but you could still get access) and pretty friendly reception staff. It's a shame we didn't get much sleep for the 4 nights we stayed there as there was people talking/drinking/playing loud music till all hours of the morning. The common area is right near all of the bedrooms so I daresay we weren't alone in getting very little sleep. Showers were decent and were cleaned often. Breakfast included eggs, too.

Lovely hostel with nice room & garden, hot showers, decent wifi & good breakfast options (although kitchen way too small for everyone). When we were there there was a huge group who were very inclusive and slightly intimidating so hard to meet people & enjoy facilities. That said, am sure it's a great hostel when there are better guests.

loved the hostel! located in a walkable distance from the market and restaurants, supermarket and banks. the facilities were great. maybe try put more lockers in the rooms because when i arrived they were all occupied...

A good hostel but nothing special. Does the job with all the usual features.