Loro Loco Hostel Reviews

Avenida Suarez Arana, 134, entre primer y segundo anillo, Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Showers lack privacy.

Not that clean, but they do try. This is Bolivia, so you really cannot complain, above the country standard. The poll is very small and the internet access is one laptop with varying connection (varying connection for wifi as well), which is not enough for a large hostel with 30-40 guests each night. The staff are helpul and friendly I had a good time because many of the guests there (not all) are friendly. Not a lot to do in town, SC is mainly a transit centre to elsewhere.

Nice hostel with everything you need. A shame that breakfast was not included, but there was a supermarked close to, and the kitchen facilities were good. All in all good experience 👍

Because we have all the facilities for cooking (big kitchen fully equiped, market, supermarket and shops), the very large majority of our guests (90%) asked us to take off the breakfast and decrease the price (Breakfast is still available, but as an option).

I had a flight in the middle of the night so the fact that I could stay at the hostel and still use the kitchen, showers, etc. in the afternoon even after checking out was really very nice and a big plus to my stay in Santa Cruz, thank you super-friendly hostel staff!

This hostel has a great atmosphere and is perfect for relaxing in the day and meeting people. The pool is very small but nice to out your feet in and cool down. Caipirinha night (fri and sat) is great! The hostel is near enough to supermarkets and about 20 minute walk to the main plaza. Staff friendly and helpful for booking trips etc.

I had my New Year in Loro Loco and was amazing, really crazy in the small pool, nice hostel. (ps: they have soap in the toilet ahahhaha).

• 31st Dec 2015

The place didn't really look like the photos, and it's pretty run down/untidy. Owner seemed like a down to earth good fella. Just the general facilities weren't great. And no breakfast included hurts when paying good money for a start. Could be a great place with more maintenance.

We are the cheapest hostel in Santa Cruz offering all the facilities. 6 Dollars to get a big bed, electric plugs at each bed and spares everywhere, cable TV, internet high speed (for Bolivia), reception 24 hours, cleaning staff 7 days a week, big kitchen, free access to BBQ, free caipiriñas on the week end, very helpful and knowledged staff, closed to any kind of shop, transport and city center etc... 6 Dollars is too much???

The common area is amazing, there is a pool and a lot of space to relax. JP an his wife work hard to keep everything in perfect conditions, they also are very pleasant to give all the information. The free caipirinhas night was a high point. Recommended!

Wonderful stay. Everything was very clean. We had hot water all the time. The breakfast was great! Wifi worked very well. The manager JP was very kind and gave me useful tips of attraction, food, etc. I higly reccomend

• 28th Oct 2015

Very clean showers and bathrooms and kitchen. Hot water is always available, although after a hot day in the city, a cold shower is nicer. Air conditioner in the room we were in could be turned on at any time. Nice garden for relaxing and drinking a beer. Hammocks for relaxing with a book or for a nap. Breakfast is self-serve. Nothing fancy but there's always lots! The owner is very friendly and helpful.

This hostel has everything you really need. Big beds, good location, enough toilets / showers and helpful staff. The hostel is fairly quite when i was there but despite that there was still a nice atmosphere, this is due to the common areas being really relaxed. The only downside is that it is slightly run-down, but it was good enough for me.

• 21st Sep 2015

The hostel was just amazing! Laura and the others made me feel I was at home. Great breakfast and places around.

Really enjoyed our stay at Loro Loco. Nice dorm room with comfy beds and lockers. Courtyard area is a nice place to hang out. Kitchen is small but well equiped. Breakfast is great, but we were never served it at 8am, which left us running to our Spanish Classed at 8.30! Overall a really nice place to stay in Sucre, great value for money.

I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us but about the breakfast.... I am the owner and i am the one that is preparing the breakfast. And everyday it is ready between 6:00 and 7:00 am, the only things that are missing at 7 are the fresh fruits and the fresh french bread that arrives at 7:15 everyday. Even if guests are leaving earlier, because of a flight we even do prepare breakfast before the normal time (7:00 am).

I arrived early in the morning and had even moved my booking back a day on short notice, and the owner was really great about it. JP put me up in an empty six bed dorm instead of the 16 bed I had booked, much appreciated after a long haul. The breakfast is good and varied. The locale is as close as you will get in a hostel to the central market. Overall nice place.