Los Amigos Hostel Reviews

Arenal 26, 4th floor left door, Madrid, Spain

I strongly recommend you to stay this hostel, like their names; they're amigo :)))

The people at reception were nice and helpful. Location was good, near Opera station, shopping and palace. Breakfast pretty decent spread. Was staying in dorm, was spacious enough. Overall , enjoyed stay there. Thanks.

Nice hostel in great location.we had a double room which was nice bit the bathroom a bit old, shower door didn't close etc. They offered a transfer to airport for 9 euro which was very handy.

Not a social place. I didn't enjoy it there. Wouldn't repeat.

We appreciate your comments, we are delighted that you do not want to return because customers like you are not welcome in these sites, because we keep back for education and when you go through madrid we would appreciate devolvieras llevastes you the keys.

great time there. Host is a great guy

• 24th Oct 2014

A wonderful place to stay in Madrid, we can warmly recommend it!

• 21st Oct 2014

great place to stay, but only if you are not looking to party. If you want to rest, thats the best hostel.

I thought the hostel was generally ok but I was not comfortable with the mixed showers arrangement and I think money could be invested to improve shower/bathroom facilities.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Positive: friendly hostel and staff. Great location. Nice free tour offered near by the hostel. Negative: small ( but cosy ) kitchen, couple of breakfast options and shared bathroom is used by both men and women so there isn't much privacy. But overall, it's a good option!

Extremely well located hostel. Very clean and staff always willing to help. Would definitely stay there again. John Bendigo Australia

We got a very big room, with bathroom, so we were very pleased. The breakfast was very good. We had some problems with the shower (cold water) and wifi (it didn't work perfectly in the bedroom), but once we started taking earlier showers and using the wifi in the common area, everything was just fine. The owner helped us booking trips, walking tours and airport transfer (he was really helpful).

Good hostel all round. Only stayed 2 nights. Great location. Wifi wasn't the best in the room. 8 lockers to a 10 bed dorm. Basic breakfast. Showers were good and clean.

Sparse but clean room. Clean bathroom and kitchen, small common areas. Only complaints would be the showers don't seem to get hot water when more than two people are using them at the same time, and the kitchen closes really early, especially for a place like Spain where dinner is usually eaten late! Otherwise, great location and nice and quiet. Staff don't seem to speak a lot of English but are very helpful nonetheless.

Prime location. I traveled alone and stayed in a private room during the week. It is good idea to go to breakfast and mingle with others. The staff is helpful and speaks English very well. The rooms and facility were clean and the location was amazing for wandering and venturing about in the city!

• 30th Sep 2014

Excellent hostel. The location cannot be better, we stayed in Madrid for a week, never have the need to take the metro. Rooms, toilets and kitchen are spacious and clean. The owners are very friendly and helpful. It is one of the best hostel we have ever stayed in Europe.

We absolutely loved staying here. The location was brilliant but most of all the owners of the hostel were so welcoming and friendly. I will definitely book here again in the future. Extremely clean and the food was pleasant too. Thank you very much. PS give the puppy a hug from us (The two british girls from September)!

• 13th Sep 2014

Los Amigos was perfect as my first hostel experience. It was easy to find, the people staying there were personable and the staff was very helpful with giving directions. Also the hostel was very close the the Plaza Mayor!

• 12th Sep 2014

Flori and Ruben and the rest of the staff are very attentive, friendly and so, so helpful. They went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable. I stayed here while I looked for an apartment in Madrid, and they were happy to give me advice while I went piso hunting. 10/10 !!

• 11th Sep 2014

Great location, a very homely feel will definitely go here again and recommend to anyone. Can't fault this place! Very friendly staff and made our visit memorable :)

• 11th Sep 2014

Very nice hostel with an excellent location in the absolute city center of Madrid. The hostel is clean, beds are good and the family/staff is friendly and helpful! I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it you everyone!

• 28th Aug 2014