Los Amigos Hostel Reviews

Arenal 26, 4th floor left door, Madrid, Spain

Great Location! Friendly Staff!

• 25th Jul 2014

I loved this hostel! The staff were awesome and really friendly, well managed, perfect location and really secure If I'm ever in madrid again this is where I'll stay!

• 22nd Jul 2014

Los Amigos Hostel was good. The best part was probably the location, smack bang in the middle of Centro. It was clean and the hostel itself was quiet, even if the noise from the street wasn't. Not a party hostel, but with plenty of people coming and going it felt lively enough that you could make your own fun if you wanted.

Thanks agaın for Stuff who work for LOS Amigos:)) that was best time durıng stay there.

Not a party hostel as such but very sociable and great all round. Staff were lovely!

Amazing hostel, in the best area!

• 15th Jun 2014

A great hostel in the centre of _Madrid_. Staff has always been helpful to us, kitchen is well equipped, breakfast is good (although it only starts at 9am), and wifi is great. Only annoying thing is that you have to pay 2EURO a day for storing your bags if you go somewhere else... But apart from that, I'd stay there again!

A very good hostel in a great position. Nice breakfast (although not before 9am), good wifi, cleaned daily. Only negative thing is that they ask you to pay 2€ a day to store your luggage if you're away for a few days.. I find that a bit ridiculous! Apart from that, I'd come back if in Madrid again.

Hello, I want to make my explanation for all to understand, You left the luggage in for 3 days in the hostel. Anywhere setpoint charge for this service. What is really ridiculous is the price only 2 euros per day, comparing what can charge at the airport or train station.

This was a nice hostel and the staff despite not speaking much English were really helpful, but they don't really have any activities to meet other guests so not ideal for solo traveller.

Very nice and friendly hostel

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Great location, clean, friendly staff and nice, cleaned daily. Definitely reccomended.

I was on a 2-month Euro trip and found Los Amigos Sol a lovely place to stay. The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating. They work hard to maintain the hostel. The rooms are spacious and inviting to guests. I interacted with many of the travelers in the common area. The kitchen was comforting but the only draw back is the limited time to cook whereas other hostels in the city allows for 24-hour stove access. Just follow the rules and you will be fine.

The staff at this hostel are awesome. I wanted to find a bus to a really obscure place that they hadn't heard of and they all got involved in the hunt to find the right one. They were always laughing and chatting. The hostel is in an excellent location, close to a lot of the main sights and on a busy street - although I would venture away from the area towards Malasanas or La Latina to get food or drink as it's right in the tourist hotspot. Nice and airy, very comfortable. Thanks!

Do not try to make a cup of tea after 11am it will cost you 5 euros and the owner will be watching you through the curtains from the reception to see what you are doing in the kitchen, the rule is after 11am you cannot do anything shower, use the microwave it will cost you 5 euros. The rooms were small for 10 people and smelled really bad and no air at night. If you open the windows you will be woken up at 5am by street cleaners washing the street. But maybe its what you pay for.

• 16th May 2014

Some people feel sorry . You will get very drunk at night I do not think that I could not see the actual room , had to be taken to the room and had to find a passport throughout the day , lost . The Hostel has rules check out is at 11 am and you wanted the kitchen once check.out done , he was informed that to do after hours , had a payment of 5 euros and it was not a client of the hostel, is refused to pay the day rate became rude and refused to leave the kitchen and when the staff had to be aw

The location is perfect, very close to most of the tourist spots that you can even travel on foot. Staff are friendly and eager to help even though their English level is average, The only problem maybe the noise from the street but I guess this is the trade off for being so convenient.

We only stayed overnight and can totally recommend to stay there. Location is absolutely perfect to explore Madrid Citylife.

The staff was very nice and helpful. There were good opportunities to get in contact to other guests, I like this alot. You have to be quite open as you are seldom alone. Bathroom is a common one and maybe a bit too little for the numbers of beds. But this is no problems for early birds, it gets crowded later.

Honestly the best place I've stayed. Can't recommend more highly. The staff are so friendly and will go out of their way to help in any way they can. Plus, the people that sstay thereare always so nice, for whatever reason! Great homely atmosphere and the breakfast is really good too. It is possible to have breakfast later than 10 as well, as they are very relaxed people. Stayed here three times and will stay again should I return to Madrid. Excellent.

• 25th Apr 2014

Although I did have a good stay at your hostel and it was relatively quiet. I did not like that I had to pay to keep my bags there. I have stayed in several hostels and I have never had to pay to keep my bags in the luggage room. It was already a little pricey to stay there and then to add this fee on I thought was a bit much. Especially since people stay at hostels when they are on a budget.

Staff was friendly, wi-fi was available in our room so that was very convenient. Breakfast was included in price of room so it is very nice for hostel as well.