Los Amigos Hostel Reviews

Arenal 26, 4th floor left door, Madrid, Spain

The place was clean and in a good location,a lot of noise, you can here people all night long from the streets, is a busy walk way, so if you expect a quiet place this is not it, but the main issue I had was that fact that they want to charge you for everything, breakfast was $4 EU for just cereal and coffee, no fruits or eggs, but wait, the worth part is that you have to pay to cook, also they will locked the kitchen at night, charge to store your bag $2 eu, no hostel ever charge me, not good

• 27th Aug 2015

Everything was fine but we ´ve been stolen twice in the dormitory. Without this désagrément our stay was great. Near to a métro station so well connected to the airport and the rest of the city

• 24th Aug 2015

Is excellent and very close to Puerta del Sol

Friendly staff and Kitchen open at 8, not 9 as posted - very good a good Wi-Fi, lots of nearby places to eat a bit noisy at night but that is what you expect in the centre of a tourist area individual lights over each bed

Nice clean room Not sure about use of kitchen and air conditioner at night meant I slept in a woolly dressing gown otherwise good place to stay

The hostel is in a brilliant location, it is clean and has everything you need including good Wifi and water available from reception. Close links to the metro making it easy to get to places and to and from the airport. Beds have plugs and lights which is a massive plus. If anything a little quiet but not a complaint :)

nice clean place. staff was helpful and location was great . WiFi didn't seem to work unless you were in a common area.

It's fine. Good location. Nothing special but no complaints. My room had a balcony which was cool.

Great location in Plaza de Sol. Great attention from the front desk really cool guy. The place is really clean and cozy. I enjoyed my stay and felt at home.

the shower in room 6 the door was hangong off. everything was great

Everything is organised, from Reception, daily activities, awesome staff and amazing atmosphere. Of course centrally located. Suggestion: Can you please put additional power outlet and and light to every bedside? that would be awesome. Otherwise I score it 5 out of 5.

• 13th Jun 2015

excelent location. A few steps from Opera metro. Super close to Chocolatería San Gines, Mercado San Miguel. Walking distace to metro Sol, plaza Mayor and lots of good restaurants and cafes. On my last night the staff book me an off the beaten road flamenco show. It was excelent!!! Than you so much Ruben and Flory. Highly recommended!

Very fun family-run business

It was very loud. There is no air conditioning do we had to keep the window open.

• 16th May 2015

Thanks for your comment, but felt we naturally will spend heat for air conditioning, you made the reservation in a mixed dormitory room and every customer wants one thing and the establishment tries to please everyone, you called for the air conditioning and other clients said they had cold they take off, clearly in these cases can not satisfy everyone except those which are private rooms. The hostel has air conditioning in all rooms and in all public areas.

Owners don't speak English, which makes things a little harder. Also, you have to pay to use the bathroom or store your luggages after check-out!

Thanks for your comment. As in all hotels, Hostel World after the check-out is done and can not be used rooms so if you want a room to shower you have to pay, the slogan is free for the day of departure but if you want to leave your bags more days to do a charge because we are taking care of your properties and if lost or damaged we will claim us so that has a cost.

Nice and friendly staff, very clean, good beds, the only thing is that the bathroom is girls and boys together but for me that's fine.

Great location central Madrid! Our room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the Main Street. The staff was very helpful and most importantly the beds we comfortable! Very easy metro access and when it was sunny we could walk just about anywhere we wanted! There was an amazing Mexican hole in the wall bar with tacos across the street. Loved our stay would recommend it and have!

• 25th Apr 2015

Nice and clean with a great kitchen. Staff weren't very helpful. Thought it was ridiculous to charge 5 euro for use of the washing machine!

Really nice hostel, well placed if you like living close to action. The place has a very homely feel to it, which also means that this is not a party hostel, but the good location allows you ample of opportunities to take care of that. You have to pay for using computers and for renting padlocks which isnt the best, but apart from that tiny note there is no room for complaint.

Location was excellent and staff was friendly. The place is small, but I would still recommend giving tours. The only problem I had was that there were issues with opening the door from reception, so I spent a long time waiting outside when I first arrived. As for the facilities, everything was nice but the common area behind reception is very small. I would recommend this hostel for those preferring hostels that are more tranquil, I only stayed one night but it didn't seem to be a party place.