Los Amigos Sol Backpackers Reviews

Arenal 26, 4th floor left door, Madrid, Madrid, Spain

small and very cosy hostel

The location is great, very central on a shopping street. The street got quite busy but the hostel is on the 4th floor so not too noisy. The hostel was clean and tidy and the staff were all very helpful. The beds were comfortable and each bed has its own light and power socket. The breakfast was simple (as they all are) but decent with a nice, well equipped kitchen. The kitchen was closed at 9:30pm though, which was a little bit early. WiFi was a bit weak in the dorm but generally very good.

Bright and spacious in the dorm room. A nice kitchen for cooking and a decent breakfast with muesli and cereals, toast, etc. Great wifi. I'd stay here again.

The staff did a good job with accommodating my needs. I was in a room with two guys snoring very loudly. One of the staff was able to move me to a different room for the night. The language barrier was difficult, with my Spanish being very limited and the staff not speaking or understanding any English, it's was difficult communicating with the staff. Also the main reason I booked this particular hostel was for their laundry facility, they had a washer but no dryer which was disappointing.

Our overall Stay at Los Amigos Sol was excellent. We had some problem with our room upon arrival but they solved it rapidly in the best available way. I would recommend you to re-confirm your booking characteristics (type of room, double bed / two beds) with them just in case. The staff are SUPER nice, always willing to help and make the best of your stay there. The atmosphere was very calm, although the big kitchen would allow for some more social interaction between travelers.

Great location, easy to find, metro nearby, staff was very helpful and the hostel was quite clean and made up nice and coming and going was easy. Met some really cool people also staying there. A bit inconvenient that the kitchen is closed nightly between 2130 and 0800. I do recommend and would stay again.

Run by a very nice and helpful couple who are always happy to help you. The location itself couldn't be better and the place is super clean. Recommended.

The staff is very friendly and the location is amazing. I have lived in Madrid for 6 months and therefore choose a Hostel directly in the center. Even though Calle Arenal can be really crowded sometimes, you do not hear any noise in the hostel. For a short stay this hostel is a great choice. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that the room smelled of smoke. We were wondering why as it is a non-smoking hostel.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Me and my partner stayed here for the night as we were watching the Madrid football derby, it's right in the centre of Madrid and the staff are fantastic! I would recommend.

• 2nd Mar 2014

I really, really, enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The couple who runs it can't be nicer, and they were really nice to be around with. A clean and comfy place to feel at home and get to know the beautiful Madrid. I would totally recommend Los Amigos to anyone, and I will for sure return some day. The kitchen can't be more linda!

Fantastic! no problems.

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Well-run, new-looking place. I liked the kitchen and the breakfast. My only complaint was that, because of demand I guess, they changed 2 of the beds in my room into bunks, putting an additional 2 people in the room.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • patch

Exellent staff and location

Amazing staff!! Went out of their way to make sure your time in barcelona is amazing! Great beds, showers, very clean, plug in at each bed, and lockers. Awesome atmosphere, very sad to leave, and when I am in BCN again I will stay here for sure.

I've stayed for around ten days and had a wonderful time. The staff are very welcoming, friendly and there's a warm and homely atmosphere. I really felt at ease here and the breakfast is quite good for Spanish/hostel standards. The hostel is spacious, clean and nicely decorated, excellent location. Great value for money! Would definitely recommend and will come back!

• 4th Nov 2013