Los Cormoranes Reviews

Kamshem 788, Ushuaia, Argentina

This property is a far walk up hill away from town, outside walk from roomd to toilets and showers. Realky poor wifi and the staff were not very helpful.

The only common room is the kitchen, which has a lack of atmosphere, Not really a living room or anything. The dorms were located around a patio. So everytime you wanted to shower, you had to run in the cold brrr. The centre is a bit far away

Pros: - cheap with HI membership - good views of the city and beagle channel - Good breakfast with EGGS! Cons: - Lockers were broken in my room, they wouldn't fix them so I had to do it myself! - men's toilets have to e accessed by going outside, very annoying when its cold, like always in Ushuaia! - I stayed for 4 nights and had to change room for no apparent reason - no common area & kitchen have to be emptied after 12 midnight. Kills any form of atmosphere you manage to create!

Excellent attention. Really nice staff. No hairdryer! :( :( :( Good price for Ushuaia. The room was nice. They have a nice view of the city. A little bit far from the city centre (about 10-12 blocks but going uphill from the centre). I would come back!

Really helpful staff, but hostel is a bit of a walk out of town (uphill). Nice and hot showers, and warm rooms.

Way overpriced for the quality you get. Rooms, beds and bathrooms look like they could fall apart just looking at it. Kitchen is dirty and too small

Catch a taxi if your bag is heavy - it's a steep and longish walk from the bus station.

I mean it was liveable, but it wasnt pleasant. Its a trek up a hill far from the main throng. The security is poor, lockers all broken and front door left open - but i guess there is little crime in ushuaia. The underfloor heating made the room unbearably hot. The bed sheets didnt cover the length of the bed and s not hygienic really. The bathroom was smelly. Only good thing was breakfast was ok and wifi worked. Go elsewhere unless desparate.

An uphill trek from the main thoroughfare, but certainly worth it. Breakfast is great, and mostly self serve, including eggs, cereal, bread, and plenty of oranges to make fresh-squeezed juice. The kitchen is a great place to hang out, and the hostel dog ("Homero") is darling. The staff is incredibly helpful, even going through great pains to get us booked on a bus to Punta Arenas when all the offices were closed and on holiday.

Room was smelly, bathrooms where dirty, too expensive... There are better, cheaper and cleaner options directly downtown.

This hostel is rough around the edges, but so is Ushuaia. The location is just walkable from the citycentre. The dorms are small, clutterd, smelly but warm. The bathrooms are very basic. And the guests in the hostel are definitely tougher than the ones you meet in BA hostels. The reception closes at 24h. but I did get a key. The staff is very helpfull and the breakfast is decent. Do I recommend it? No. Will you find a better hostel in USH? I doubt it, this is the end of the world as we know it.

there was no heater in the room we had no toilet paper for 2 days there was no space (a simple hook on the wall would have done the trick) for wet towels so there were many simple things not ok BUT the staff was excellent, especially Alejandra at the reception, very helpful and uncomplicated with everything

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Austria

Honestly the best thing about this hostel was its view. The hostel sits at the top of this rather steep hill (so if you're in bad shape, pass or use taxi's). It felt like I was at camp, but a cool camp. The evening staff doesn't speak English so checking in was fun. The rooms were nice and warm with heated floors. Bathroom was large and also warm. The dog that hangs around is awesome, just don't bother him until after 10am. AM staff was very helpful with planning excursions & getting around town

Staff was fantastic. We stayed for more than a week and had booked a dorm without bathroom. However, we got offered a dorm with a bathroom for the same money. So it was very comfortable, no problems with outside bathrooms. I really fekt like home.

Great hostel and very helpful staff. I loved that the bathrooms had 2 sinks and the shower and toilet were inside the room. Very well heated and clean. The only con about this place is that you have to walk outside to the kitchen and living room. I really enjoyed this place!

This hostel is located a few blocks from all the restaurants and shopping, and the view of the city and the mountains is amazing, You can enjoy a cup of coffee and snow capped mountains for Breakfast, the Ladies in Reception are amazing, they will go out of their way to make sure that you enjoy your stay in the hostel, and they are very knowledgeable. They can make sure you get the most out of your trip based on the time you have here.

THE ROOMS WERE TERRIBLE: WAY TOO HOT! The beds were also unstable and creaked a lot if you were on the top bunk. The kitchen area was quite cosy and small and communal area was nice. The atmosphere was good, and the staff were great but please dont cook me.

Los Cormoranes has a lot of great qualities to it. First of all, their breakfast in the morning is very comprehensive and everything was great overall. Kitchen was well-maintained and fully stocked with the necessities. I had a bathroom in my mixed dorm and it was clean and nice.We had heated floor in the rooms, which was a warm blessing in chilly Ushuaia. The staff was really helpful in terms of booking things. Worst thing about the place was that we didn't have H2O on the last day....

good hostel but i little bit away from the centre. you gotta walk up a hill to get there. but the staff is nice and the facilities are alright. would go there again. nice atmosphere.

I had a good time at this hostel, it is up the hill a little away from the centre of town, but the atmosphere, friendly and knowledgable staff and chilled out nature of this hostel were perfect. The recommended day hikes outside of the park "El Gran Loop" etc were brilliant, and I will definitely stay at this hostel again when I return to Ushuaia for my Antarctica trip next year. Many thanks folks - and I love the resident dogs!