Los Jardines Colgantes de Babilonia Hostel Reviews

Sarandi 310 - Ciudad Vieja, Montevideo, Uruguay

Super friendly, knowledgeable staff. The older gentleman at the door was very welcoming late night as I took a ferry from Buenos Aires. Super high ceilings. At $19 USD a night this is normally pricey for me, but seriously one of the nicer hostels in #Uruguay. Set in the old town of Cuidad Viejo, the showers were boiling hot, and the breakfast was decent. The owner even upgraded me to have a 4 bunk room all to myself at no extra charge. Tons of old shops and eateries in walking distance. Seriou

Everything very nice!

• 1st May 2015
  • Argentina

The owner is wonderful and kind, lovely to interact with. She asks how you are in a motherly, loving way. She's eager to help and wants your experience to be great. She's even suggested to go for a walk along the seawall before going to bed to unwind and see the area. The hostel is different, not a fan of the bathrooms but the wifi is great! Nice hostel tucked in the old part of the city. If you are looking for a party hostel, this definitely IS NOT it as it is far from the major party scene.

I got upgraded! Lovely kitchen, all rooms clean and comfortable. If not for the short beds I would have stayed longer.

Loved this 'green' hostel with all the hanging plants. The ceiling is very high making the rooms feel spacious and airey. No air con but a fan provided in the 2 bunk bed room. The owners are lovely and very helpful speaking a little English too :) they washed a bag of our clothes for 80 pesos which was pretty good. The hostel didn't seem to have many people when we stayed so it was fairly quiet. Breakfast was a selection of cereal, bread, meat

We spent one night at this hostel while passing through Montevideo. The staff were kind and helpful, and the location was great. We were, however, a bit disappointed with the facilities and the vibe of the hostel, and the discovery of a mouse in our room made me uncomfortable. The vibe wasn't negative. It was just lacking the warm social atmosphere that we look for in hostels.

The people running this hostel could not have been nicer. They were incredibly accommodating and very helpful, even helping us figure out the website to book our ferry tickets. The hostel itself has a lovely and tranquil vibe and the breakfast was the best we had in the country.

Wonderful hostel! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable and the hostel is full of nice decor and beautiful plants. Breakfast was the best I've had from a hostel-bread, cheese, meats, fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee, tea and milk. It is close to all the ciudad vieja attractions. Affordable laundry service was great to have also.

• 3rd Feb 2015

The staff was super kind and very helpful. The common and outdoor areas are very cute. The hostel is quiet and very well located: close to the market, Independenza Plaza, and you can take the CA1 bus for $17 to go to the bus terminal. Breakfast was ok. Wifi is great in the common area. I was very happy with this hostel and would come back again!

• 3rd Feb 2015

Great, friendly hostel with helpful staff. It's clean, spacious and quiet, yet in a good central location. A good breakfast is included too.

• 29th Jan 2015

Giant cockroaches in the rooms. I also left covered in bug bites. The worst experience I've had at a hostel. On the upside, the owner is very nice, the location is great if you want to be in the old city, and the security is good.

The breakfast is really good. The owner is really kind and helpfull. The place, sheets, kitchen, bathrooms are clean. It is really close to buquebus and mercado del puerto.

Very helpful and kind staff, great location in the heart of Old Town. Montevideo is a wonderful city and this is an excellent place to stay.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Good hostel in central location in Montevideo's old town. Everything is within walking distance. Owner is super friendly and helpful. Showers are nothing special but do the job. Good option to stay in Montevideo.

One of the best hostels I had been during my trip through southamerica. For being a hostel lots of space in the room. Stuff very helpful. Thanks for all!

It was comfortable and staff friendly and helpful. Very clean and spacious and quiet. The ca1 bus takes you from the bus station and back for about 23 Uruguay pesos. The main bus stop was through the front of the shopping centre. We were taking a ferry back to Buenos Aires. It was much cheaper to book online and bus back to colonia and get ferry from there.

Bathrooms too small, lacked basic amenities and no privacy. Chill areas not that comfortable. Breakfast, location and staff good but overall I was not comfortable and would not choose it again if I were to go back to the area