Los Jardines Colgantes de Babilonia Hostel Reviews

Sarandi 310 - Ciudad Vieja, Montevideo, Uruguay

Really good location (10 minutes from Mercado Puerto and 6 blocks from Plaza Independencia - close to bus stop), really nice hosts (lent us an umbrella in the rain and called taxis for us every time we needed one) and very chilled out hostel. The double room was clean and well-kept. Breakfast was standard to good (bread, cheese, ham, fruits). If you want to sightsee rather than go to the beach, this is where you want to stay.

Nice place and nice staff.

I can't say anything bad about this hostel because it was fine. The room was clean, the showers clean,kitchen fully equipped and easy to use and the staff were friendly and very helpful. However we were there over Carnaval weekend and when asked about events they couldn't tell us anything, when we asked about restaurants again they couldn't recommend any...all in all it seemed they knew nothing of Montevideo. Saying that they were lovely people and helpful with things in the hostel!

• 1st Mar 2014

This is a new and attractive hostel, right on Sarandi Boulevard, the pedestrian street through the middle of Ciudad Vieja, the scenic Old Town. The staff is extremely helpful, beds and rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is plentiful.

Really fun place. The staff is amazing, super friendly and always seem to be in a good mood. The hostel itself is an interestingly weird building, which led to large and coazy common rooms, perfect relax during a downpoor. Only downside is it doesn't have a/c, which might be a problem at the height of summer.

This is a very nice place -- lots of plants and flowers. The owners are nice and I think they might live on site or nearby, it is a married couple and they are always nearby for questions. They lock the door at night and you have to be let in by one of them so it's pretty safe. Immaculately clean. Good wifi. I would stay here again if I was staying in this neighborhood.

Me and my girlfriend liked very much our stay in this Hostel. It's not only very interesting with its decoration (it really looks like the Gardens of Babilonia) but the staff is very receptive and kind. The owners were always there to help and lend a little chat. I strongly recommend.

The staff was very kind and helpful, good breakfast aswell (ham, cheese, fruits!), well located since it is right in the old town! I liked the atmosphere in the comon areas, free internet wich is also very convenient.

The brand-new, Hanging Gardens of Babylon Hostel, here in Montevideo, Uruguay, is the most wonderful hostel I have ever stayed in and that has been a whole lot of hostels all over the world. At $20 per night for a new and comfortable bunk bed, it's really hard to beat. I It's a restored mansion whose inner patios drip with plants, hanging from the ceiling, in pots everywhere. Walls sport Bolivian crafts and beauty. Soon, an artisan marketplace with crafts, food and music will be open , too.

Minuscule musty rooms without windows, plastic plants, incredibly sketchy neighbourhood after 11 pm.

• 21st Nov 2013

The owner is so lovely and helpful and the place has a lot of charm. The breakfast was also the best we have had in all of South America. Definitely recommend this hostel!