Lotte - The Backpackers Reviews

Burgweg 3, Heidelberg, Germany

Best hostel I have been into. You feel like at home.

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

PERFECT! The staff are so friendly they make it feel like a home. The atmosphere makes it feel homely as well as there is a communal kitchen and lounge which you can cook in etc which was perfect. Bed was comfy and lockers were provided in room so no worries there. Staff were always cleaning and I don't think there was a major mess. It's a bit of a walk from the station but it's right next to everything you'd want to see in Heidelberg, location could only be better if it was in the castle!

Amazing hostel! Comfortable beds, friendly staff and it had cereals, milk and coffee for free all day long! Also, the bathrooms were extremely good and tidy. The only downside was that it's not that much of a partying hostel (can be an upside, depending of what you like).

The location is great, the hostel is very clean and their service is very good. I am very happy to stay there for a night.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • China

Very clean. Friendly staff who were very helpful at providing info on the local attractions. Bit loud in the morning due to the near by construction works. Great having free cereal, tea and coffee plus a kitchen to use. No need to wash up also - great when you're on holiday! Wouldn't recommend staying in the area for longer than 24-36 hours as there really isn't much to do. Wifi worked most of the time but not always. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Very very good staff, can't ask for more!

I didn't stay for long but was really happy with my stay. The staff is great, so nice and accomodating. This place has the nicest bathrooms, good kitchen with free coffee and cereal. It's a lovely house just a short walk to the castle, wright next to the main shopping street and an easy bus ride from the central station. The only downside for me was that when I arrived late at night dead tired, would've been nice if the bed had been already made for me, but that wasn't a big issue. Stay here!

I totally botched my reservation and booked this hostel a week later than I needed it- they were totally full, but the woman staffing the desk was kind enough to find us a different place to stay at the last minute and even provided us with a map and directions for getting there. Location was amazing and it looked like a great place!

Every thing is wonderful,the staff ,the kitchen is the most well prepared I've ever seen.they willing to wash the dishes for you by the washing machine. It's a nice and beautiful hostel also very near the sightseeing spots. Ps.If the living room have a fan in summer,it's would be perfect.

I rarely give top ratings but I find it hard to fault this hostel; particularly in terms of location, helpfulness and cleanliness.

• 10th Aug 2015

Great staff, lovely quirky building and real home from home atmosphere. Narrow stairs and no lift slight problem with bulky baggage.

of all the cities we have travelled to (frankfurt, cologne, munich, ulm to name a few) we only stayed in 3 hostels and the rest were hotels. This place was the best of them all. The checkin and checkout is easy and not stressful, we ACTUALLY had wifi (WLAN) and the owner is the nicest person ever. If you come to heidelberg and you dont stay here, you are making a mistake. It is at the perfect place in town: by the fountain and the castle. We paid 65 euro for one night for private 2bed on top flo

• 6th Aug 2015

Lovely hostel! The decor was adorable, and it felt very cozy. Excellently located in the heart of the old town, near the castle, Universitätsplatz, and Marktplatz. I was only here one night, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to a friend.

Amazing hostel. Awesome staff, the whole place is very cute and homey. I've never been so comfortable at a hostel before. Highly recommended.

Definitely the best hostel to stay at! I only stayed for a night but they were so wonderful and accommodating. It felt like being home again which is wonderful when you are traveling.

Amazing hostel! I had a great time at Lotte - the Backpackers Hostel. The common room was very cosy, perfect for meeting fellow travelers, and the bunkbeds were high enough that I didn't hit my head everytime I tried to sit up, which was a nice change from the hostels I've stayed at previously.

Very comfortable, homey atmosphere. Perfect location and great staff. Would have liked to stay longer!

Ok location. Not bad but not the best place by any stretch. The bathrooms weren't great, staff was friendly, rooms were clean enough. No ac in rooms though.

this was a nice, relaxing hostel to stay at after staying at many party hostels around my solo trip in Germany. located walking distance from a number of great spots to visit in Heidelberg (the castle, the river, the university, etc.). staff was helpful and friendly, and free (cereal and milk) breakfast was included.

Friendly staff and great facilities. The free coffee every morning was a life saver.

• 19th Jul 2015