Lotte - The Backpackers Reviews

Burgweg 3, Heidelberg, Germany

In 4 months of travel around the world this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Location in the beautiful old town right in between Hauptstrasse and the Schloss. In a beautiful old building. The common room is so cozy and charming, great place to relax. Cleaned throughout the day. The staff are friendly, happy and more than helpful with anything you need. The dorms are large and comfy. It felt like a home away from home. I could honestly live there. Thanks for a great stay :-)

Such a great atmosphere and staff! I would definitely go back!

The staff was kind and helpful. The location was right along the path to the castle and was centrally located so you could walk to most of the attractions. The WiFi wasn't the best but not everyone had issues with it, maybe just my phone? They also had lockers in the room, which was great. I think my room fit 8, but the room was still spacious enough. Loved it here!

Wonderful hostel! Very cozy, right in the middle of town (and down the hill from the castle!), and extremely clean. The staff were very kind and gave helpful restaurant/activity suggestions. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Better free breakfast would be great. Otherwise, had a wonderful stay!

• 4th Jul 2014

In all my travels throughout Europe, I have only ever stayed in one hostel with better facilities than this, and that was at a hostel constructed in 2011. Lotte offers not only great location, but a great atmosphere meticulously maintained by the energetic and passionate staff. Highly recommended.

Lovely hostel in a great location, very nice rooms, clean and spacious. Kind and helpful staff. I'd definitely recommend it!

A great hostel, located right below the castle. The surrounding old town area is beautiful. Very comfortable common room with a computer for guest use (free). We loved the free tea and cereal as well. Friendly staff too. :)

This is a great place! I will return to this hostel when I return to Heidelberg. Carmen is a great host and is always ready to smile and offer her assistance. I LOVE the fact that we have our own lockers in the rooms. This makes you feel extra secure. There is one women only bathroom which is great if you feel you need that privacy. This is not a party hostel. It's a nice, friendly and clean place.

The Lotte has a perfect location! They provide you with a locker with a key, located in your room. Female only bathrooms available too!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a brilliant time at Lotte Hostel. The staff were brilliant ,the hostel had a great homely atmosphere and the location was amazing.

Great place, lovely and clean with really nice staff!!!

• 21st Jun 2014

The only bad thing is that there are no plugs in each bed so you cannot leave your phone charging while you sleep.

We loved our night at Lottes! It's a super cute hostel with lots of character in the middle of the old town. It was on a quiet street, cool enough to sleep and the beds were comfy. The staff was great and although they didn't have room for us to stay a second night, she went out of her way to help find us another great place to stay! Book in advance if your able because they book up quickly. We would definitely stay here again!

Really nice small hostel with a good vibe. The staff were very thoughtful (saw it was my birthday from my passport and gave me a tiny present and a free beer) and the kitchen and hangout areas are great! Location is just perfect. Two thumbs up!

Keep up the good job! Excellent performance!

One of - if not THE nicest hostel I've ever been to.Former student dorm named after the owner "Lotte".Loved the common room with Lotte's old furniture, books&board games.No TV!Staff super friendly, great location.Cereal/granola/coffee/tea available all day. 2 bikes 4 rent (for free).Staff does the dishes for you.Nice big clean bathrooms.Only complaints: Wifi wasn't very strong (needed to get some work done, so that was a bit frustrating)& old building --> beautiful wooden floorboards but creaky!

The most pleasant hostel I've ever stayed in. Not a party place, but the owner has put a lot of effort in to make Lotte feel home-y and happy. Location cannot be beat. Also, when I got sick and had to stay over for an extra day, room was found for me to stay and the owner was eager to help me in my recovery. Definitely worth staying here. I would have paid more, even.

Loved our stay at Lotte! Carmen is so sweet and very helpful. Clean and comfortable. Beautiful location--just feet from the stairs that take you to the Heidelberg castle. It's not a party hostel if that's what you're looking for but we weren't so it was perfect. Stay here for sure!

A lovely 'home from home' type hostel, right next to the path that that runs up to the beautiful Schloss. Staff were very helpful with local information and incredibly proactive in keeping the hostel clean and tidy. Though it's a small hostel, the room had plenty of space and good sized lockers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3