Lotte - The Backpackers Reviews

Burgweg 3, Heidelberg, Germany

Very comfortable, homey atmosphere. Perfect location and great staff. Would have liked to stay longer!

this was a nice, relaxing hostel to stay at after staying at many party hostels around my solo trip in Germany. located walking distance from a number of great spots to visit in Heidelberg (the castle, the river, the university, etc.). staff was helpful and friendly, and free (cereal and milk) breakfast was included.

Friendly staff and great facilities. The free coffee every morning was a life saver.

• 19th Jul 2015

Great Hostel. We felt like home. I don´t know what is better. The perfect location or the nice staff.

The staff were awesome! Friendly and helpful. The kitchen/sitting area were welcoming and much appreciated. Having access to a stove, refrigerator, and free coffee, tea, & cereal is incredibly beneficial for an extended stay. The location was great for our purpose of stay: at the base of the path up to the Heidelberg castle and the funicular entrance, and within walking distance of the heart of the old town.

Excellent location just bellow the Casttle and in the middle of the historic area. Wonderfull Atencion from the staff! Highly recommended

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel is in the perfect location...only a short walk from everything. The place was super cute and clean! My only 2 small complaints would be that you had to share a bathroom (one female only, one unisex) with quite a few people. Not a huge deal, but need to plan accordingly. Also if people are rude and come back loud it can be heard all throughout the building. Overall I'd definitely be back!

Lovely place! Would definitely stay there again! :)

Carmen was so so so helpful!

booked my staying only to find out that my booking was overbooked when i reached the city. thankfully the staff recomended a place where i could stay.

Yes, sorry for that again. You understand we are also only human beings and it´s nothing we plan to do. I can understand that you were angry.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Carmen was very friendly and kept every in this cosy little hostel neat and clean. She recommended a great route for walking further up Philosopher's Way, with just nature and you. Can't wait to go back to Heidelberg in the future, I'll definitely be keeping this place on my list of hostels to come back to.

I am so glad they had stamps. So convenient to buy from them instead of go to the post office which was far. I also love that they have a PC--I needed to do some work but only had mobile access and this was super great. Even though I checked out at 12 I could keep my luggage and still use the lounge and kitchen :-) All important information was on the walls. Bus schedules and eating tips! Please add opening times though because the places I chose for breakfast weren't open. Very friendly!

Very nice and Very good location. Next to Castle and the Old Town. Staffs are very nice. I had a wonderful experience at here.

Warm welcome by the receptionist...Lovely Carmen

My second time staying here, and I would stay here again and again. Wonderful hostel, free tea, coffee and cereal, exceptionally clean kitchen and bathrooms, great location for sightseeing, lovely staff. They've won lots of awards- you can see why!

I really enjoy the time spending my vacation here. Great location. Easy to go to The castle and The train station. Staff is so cozy and nice. Shared toilet and shower are perfect. It is so clean and comfortable. :)

• 4th May 2015
  • Thailand

The location is very nice which is close to most of the sites in the old town. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and very cozy. Great place to stay!

Such a cozy place! It was a great break from the more party-oriented hostels I'd been staying at throughout my backpacking trip. I was amazed at how pretty and well-decorated the place was. Carmen is friendly, helpful and really cool. Everyday she writes a suggestion on the chalkboard by the stairs for something new to do in Heidelberg. Free coffee & tea. Fully equipped kitchen for guests. Really loved the place and met some nice people. It's no wonder there were so many repeat customers.

Really clean and cozy. The rooms are quite big. The host Carmen is really friendly and can give good tips about what to do in Heidelberg. A cereal breakfast is included and you're also free to take coffee of tea whenever you want to.

Staff were very helpful! Explaining all the relevant information about the town and also giving great advice on places to see and what to do. Very friendly environment, cannot beat the location also!