Lotte - The Backpackers Reviews

Burgweg 3, Heidelberg, Germany

Perfect stay here. The location of this hostel is right in the middle of where you need to be in Heidelberg - at the base of the steps to the castle. Staff all excellent and facilities were faultless. Clean, homely and great value for money. 100% recommended.

I've been to about 20 hostels in Europe, in very different countries. This one is by far one of the best. They know what backpackers need (bus timetables, the weather is indicated, restaurant, bars to go, main activities around), the staff is so friendly, always asking if they can do something for us. Nice kitchen, with a dishwasher, a big fridge. A common room vintage, with world maps, books etc... And the location... it cannot be better. Below the castle and next to the Alstadt. Don't hesitate

I had a fantastic stay at the lotte hostel. The location is second to none being only a short walk to the castle and I immediately felt secure amongst the warm welcome I received from Carmen, I loved everything about this place. Perhaps having the reception open at 7am would be really handy but it's not a big deal. Thanks for the stay, I'll be back :)

• 5th Aug 2014

I was happy there was a private bathroom, because I found it difficult to share the other bathroom with the opposite sex.

Very nice and cosy hostel, perfectly located. We also appreciated the "all you can eat cereals" available at all time.

In 4 months of travel around the world this is the best hostel I've stayed at. Location in the beautiful old town right in between Hauptstrasse and the Schloss. In a beautiful old building. The common room is so cozy and charming, great place to relax. Cleaned throughout the day. The staff are friendly, happy and more than helpful with anything you need. The dorms are large and comfy. It felt like a home away from home. I could honestly live there. Thanks for a great stay :-)

Such a great atmosphere and staff! I would definitely go back!

LOVED this hostel, fantastic location (SO close to the castle), wonderful staff, comfy beds, great common room. The only slight complaint I have is I stayed in a room on the ground floor, it was quite loud outside the window in the morning, and the room was a little damp. Other than that I HIGHLY suggest it.

The staff was kind and helpful. The location was right along the path to the castle and was centrally located so you could walk to most of the attractions. The WiFi wasn't the best but not everyone had issues with it, maybe just my phone? They also had lockers in the room, which was great. I think my room fit 8, but the room was still spacious enough. Loved it here!

Wonderful hostel! Very cozy, right in the middle of town (and down the hill from the castle!), and extremely clean. The staff were very kind and gave helpful restaurant/activity suggestions. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

Better free breakfast would be great. Otherwise, had a wonderful stay!

• 4th Jul 2014

In all my travels throughout Europe, I have only ever stayed in one hostel with better facilities than this, and that was at a hostel constructed in 2011. Lotte offers not only great location, but a great atmosphere meticulously maintained by the energetic and passionate staff. Highly recommended.

Lovely hostel in a great location, very nice rooms, clean and spacious. Kind and helpful staff. I'd definitely recommend it!

A great hostel, located right below the castle. The surrounding old town area is beautiful. Very comfortable common room with a computer for guest use (free). We loved the free tea and cereal as well. Friendly staff too. :)

This is a great place! I will return to this hostel when I return to Heidelberg. Carmen is a great host and is always ready to smile and offer her assistance. I LOVE the fact that we have our own lockers in the rooms. This makes you feel extra secure. There is one women only bathroom which is great if you feel you need that privacy. This is not a party hostel. It's a nice, friendly and clean place.

The Lotte has a perfect location! They provide you with a locker with a key, located in your room. Female only bathrooms available too!

• 25th Jun 2014

Had a brilliant time at Lotte Hostel. The staff were brilliant ,the hostel had a great homely atmosphere and the location was amazing.

Great place, lovely and clean with really nice staff!!!

• 21st Jun 2014

The only bad thing is that there are no plugs in each bed so you cannot leave your phone charging while you sleep.

We loved our night at Lottes! It's a super cute hostel with lots of character in the middle of the old town. It was on a quiet street, cool enough to sleep and the beds were comfy. The staff was great and although they didn't have room for us to stay a second night, she went out of her way to help find us another great place to stay! Book in advance if your able because they book up quickly. We would definitely stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3