Lotus Hostel(Singapore Backpacker Hostel) Reviews

Blk 146, Jalan Bukit Merah, #01-1088, Singapore, Singapore

everything is good, Joe the owner is great, bathroom is simple with hot water, soup were provided but I didnt use out of hygiene purpose. A better hook can be provided for people who has more cloth and towers to hang in bathroom, water power is a little bit weak but still alright. Bedroom is clean, 2 bunk beds for room for 4. I tried to sleep at 6pm after a tiring flight but the aunty at the shop beside keep talking loudly. Its quiet at night. Bed is comfy except its bottom layer covered with pl

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Owners were friendly. Place is not really set up for westerners and does not have s backpackers vibe. No proper area for socialising or sitting. Breakfast is just toast and margarine (not a lot of use if you can`t eat wheat) but at least the tea was free. Not much of a kitchen either so could not prepare alternatives. Considering how expensive Singapore is though it was good value. Clean and tidy. Shops, food stalls and bus stop nearby.

• 6th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Overall, very nice hostel - price is representative of it's location and is good considering how expensive Singapore is

• 3rd Nov 2014

I just stayed here for a night to attend my friend's wedding. staff is very friendly and taught me how to get to the wedding venue! the community is quiet and makes me feel homey. the bed is clean, air-con is good, very comfortable! I even bought some wooden massagers from the Hostel as sourvenirs, it's affordable and my parents like them much!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

From my travel experience in SEA, budgeted hostels usually give me an impression of carefree and unclean. However, my stay in Lotus Hostel gives me a totally different experience! It is very clean, tidy, staff are friendly, helpful and attended my queries patiently! location is good, convenient to scenic spots yet it's quiet with green surroundings. facilities are more than enough! I wish i could stay longer next time and I did enjoy my stay here very much! Thank you!

• 26th Oct 2014

stayed there for two nights, I was a solo traveller. it is a safe place, relatively clean (hostel was clean, some of the backpapers sleeping there not as much). is 500mt to metro station, very quiet and silent area, I felt safe walking alone at night. not a place where you easily get to know people as there is no meeting/chilling place. good for a budget trip with fair expectations. one quite surprising thing: no bins anywhere (not in the toilet, not in the rooms!).

Nice and clean hostel. Near city area and would come again. Recommended to all budget travellers.

• 24th Aug 2014

To be honest I didn't expect much from the place given the great price but it turned out to be fantastic.The room and bathroom are very clean and tidy. Staff is extremely helpful. It is convenient to travel to sentosa and china town by bus. I slept comfortably through the night. Location is great for the quiet residential atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

Clean and value for money! Easy access to attractions by bus and friendly hostel staff.

A very quiet and basic hostel for those who aren't looking to party every night. The hostel is a 20 min walk from china town but a better option is to catch the bus and then jump on the mrt at outram park, get an ez link card to cover both modes of transport. The hostel itself could be a little cleaner, however the owner and staff were incredibly polite and helpful. In all a decent but basic hostel for those looking for a base to explore the city.