Lough Gara Lodge
Why visit Lough Gara Lodge ?
Are you looking for excellent value, comfortable accommodation in rural Sligo or self catering in Sligo, then look no further. Lough Gara Lodge is an ideal base to explore the North West and West of Ireland.
Lough Gara Lodge is a 6 room Guesthouse situated in the heart of a small quiet rural village. Only 50 mtrs from the local pub, shop and post office. All facilities are very close to hand.
Facilities at Lough Gara Lodge
• Accommodation for up to 12 people - suitable for smaller groups /gatherings/family reunions
• 2 Double rooms - A double bed & TV(private)
• 4 Twin rooms - 2 single beds & TV (private)
• En-suite facilities in all bedrooms
• All bed linen is provided
• Children welcome
• Travel cot available on request
• All ground floor bedrooms
• Common room with, TV, DVD & games.
• Central heating
• Free Wi-Fi access for guests
• Local tourist information available
• Private parking
• Open all year round
• Fully equipped computer room, ideal for catching up on email and printing out boarding passes.
Things to do close to Lough Gara Lodge:
• Cruise the majestic river Shannon aboard the luxury cruiser "Moon River"
• Explore Lough Key Forest Park, and enjoy the Lough Key experience.
• Try horse riding at the local pony stables, great for kidz.
• Try Clay Pidgeon shooting, Archery, Falconry and other outdoor activities at the local country pursuits centre.
• Play golf at any of 6 excellent local parkland courses, plus 2 links courses.
• See Wild Eagles, Owls and other birds of prey flying in their natural surroundings
• Visit Gillighans World, a true fairy kingdom for the little ones.
• Walk to an excellently preserved 1,000 year old cashel (ring fort) situated only 2km away in the nearby Mac Dermot Demesne.
• Fish for pike or other coarse species in Lough Gara or the Lung river.
• Climb Largan Hill for breathtaking views and a close up look at the giant wind turbines.
• Not to mention numerous other attractions.
• Refresh your computer skills by taking a short course in our training centre.
If you would like to hire the whole centre for a group or workshop, please contact the Lodge for further details