Louise 20 Reviews

Louisenstrasse 20, Dresden, Germany

Very convenient location within walking distance of the Hauptbahnhof and the centre of the old town. We were booked into an 8 bed room, so we expected it to be reasonably small like in other hostels. The room was huge, though, and it was more like being in a four bed dorm. I hardly even noticed that there were other people there. Lockers need a 1 euro coin, but they're very big so quite useful, and the bathrooms were fantastic - easily the nicest shower I've used in a hostel. Nice breakfast, too

Not a good hostel - the location is poor, the staff are unhelpful (not informing you about free towels, not offering a map, not providing wifi information) and the hostel was incredibly dirty. When the bathroom needs a sign advising you to wear shoes, you know just how disgusting the floor will be, it can't have been cleaned for years. In addition the rooms were very dusty, and the wifi didn't even reach there, leaving you to stand in the stairway to access it. Not recommend.

Thanks for your advices. We changed the signs because that is just a misunderstanding. Of course we meant bathing shoes.The manager is working on a better Wi-Fi connection and it will be better as soon as possible.That would take too long to tell every person all information at the check- in. But if any guest got a problem or a question we always help out. So i think there is no need to complain about the staff.That you don’t like the area it's a pity because the most of our guests love it.

I used 4 person room. but I used my room alone. Here is very good hostel. nice rooms and staff. But I can't say there's location was good. but if you want to feel a different Dresden, there will be nice choose.

On a great street for food and cafés, internet often didn't work in rooms, shower doors see through which was a bit uncomfortable, comfortable beds and enough floor and storage space in rooms

You are unlikely to get a hostel on the "historical" side of the river, but this place is right in the middle of the bar/student district. The breakfast is expensive at 6 Euros, but it is top notch. Diverse arrangement of good food and fancy table arrangements. Students get free sheets. The wifi works well. Small individual lockers, big enough for a large laptop. Very clean and quiet.

The single rooms that are located closer to the street are in desperate need of a better internet connection, since the current one is nonexistent. This makes it extremely difficult to do work in your room. Otherwise, everything was fine and the location in Dresden-Neustadt is excellent.

Very nice, took a fabulous to Louise but from there on the transfer was great. Location made everything very easy. Many thanks. Irene

This was a very clean hostel with a very friendly staff. I highly recommend it!

It was really nice hostel with good atmosphere. And importantly, VERY CLEAN. The staff was really helpful and the breakfast was also nice. But if you are traveling by yourself outside from Germany, you might feel uncomfortable because most of the them are from Germany and in a group. But anyway Dresden is not famous place to visit for foreigners, so it can't be helped...

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Japan

+ I was unexpectedly very needy throughout my stay, needing a place to work and have a company meeting over Skype. The staff was very considerate and allowed me to use a normally-locked room for this. + Snacks, tea, etc are laid out near the common room. They were a nice touch. - My only real complaint is the wifi; private rooms don't have any wifi for their building, and the service is quick to buckle when many people use it at once.

I had a great stay here. Was the best hostel I have stayed at yet, and they even posted my charger I left at the hostel back to me. Much love!

The hostel is located next to a famous street for restaurants and bars. The washing facility is a bit small. It is a bit far from the central station but closed to a local railway station.

The shared bathroom contained two showers, each simply having translucent doors, with the bathroom itself also having a translucent door out to the corridor. No mat to step out onto from the showers, and the floor was dirty from people's shoes. Nothing to dry hands with after using toilets. Provided sheets were starchy and the quilt was barely big enough for the bed. Pretty terrible location - a long walk to the city centre! Wifi was good and staff were helpful. Had the dorm to myself.