Louise 20 Reviews

Louisenstrasse 20, Dresden, Germany

The hostel was fine - good location, good common area and reasonable rooms. The showers weren't great as there was no where to get changed except out in the open. Also, the staff were not particularly friendly.

very close to the nightlife area and the events there are good

Nuie hostel in a nice street of Dresden. Good internet, well equipped kitchen (although quite small to cook in), nice facilities (loved the tea coffee and biscuits always available). Breakfast looks good, lots of choices but far too expensive in my opinion. Staff is not too friendly, very strict on check-in time and sound a bit short at times when asking info.

Not a good hostel - the location is poor, the staff are unhelpful (not informing you about free towels, not offering a map, not providing wifi information) and the hostel was incredibly dirty. When the bathroom needs a sign advising you to wear shoes, you know just how disgusting the floor will be, it can't have been cleaned for years. In addition the rooms were very dusty, and the wifi didn't even reach there, leaving you to stand in the stairway to access it. Not recommend.

Thanks for your advices. We changed the signs because that is just a misunderstanding. Of course we meant bathing shoes.The manager is working on a better Wi-Fi connection and it will be better as soon as possible.That would take too long to tell every person all information at the check- in. But if any guest got a problem or a question we always help out. So i think there is no need to complain about the staff.That you don’t like the area it's a pity because the most of our guests love it.

I used 4 person room. but I used my room alone. Here is very good hostel. nice rooms and staff. But I can't say there's location was good. but if you want to feel a different Dresden, there will be nice choose.

On a great street for food and cafés, internet often didn't work in rooms, shower doors see through which was a bit uncomfortable, comfortable beds and enough floor and storage space in rooms

You are unlikely to get a hostel on the "historical" side of the river, but this place is right in the middle of the bar/student district. The breakfast is expensive at 6 Euros, but it is top notch. Diverse arrangement of good food and fancy table arrangements. Students get free sheets. The wifi works well. Small individual lockers, big enough for a large laptop. Very clean and quiet.

The single rooms that are located closer to the street are in desperate need of a better internet connection, since the current one is nonexistent. This makes it extremely difficult to do work in your room. Otherwise, everything was fine and the location in Dresden-Neustadt is excellent.

Very nice, took a fabulous to Louise but from there on the transfer was great. Location made everything very easy. Many thanks. Irene

This was a very clean hostel with a very friendly staff. I highly recommend it!

It was really nice hostel with good atmosphere. And importantly, VERY CLEAN. The staff was really helpful and the breakfast was also nice. But if you are traveling by yourself outside from Germany, you might feel uncomfortable because most of the them are from Germany and in a group. But anyway Dresden is not famous place to visit for foreigners, so it can't be helped...

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Japan

+ I was unexpectedly very needy throughout my stay, needing a place to work and have a company meeting over Skype. The staff was very considerate and allowed me to use a normally-locked room for this. + Snacks, tea, etc are laid out near the common room. They were a nice touch. - My only real complaint is the wifi; private rooms don't have any wifi for their building, and the service is quick to buckle when many people use it at once.

I had a great stay here. Was the best hostel I have stayed at yet, and they even posted my charger I left at the hostel back to me. Much love!

The hostel is located next to a famous street for restaurants and bars. The washing facility is a bit small. It is a bit far from the central station but closed to a local railway station.