Louvre Youth Hostel Reviews

20, Rue Jean Jacques Rousseau, Paris, France

I really like the location. Also great breakfast but the server refused to warm up my milk. They serve cold milk :( . Room heater was not working, felt very cold during night. The hostel has good luggage storage facility. Will be back.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT LOCATION & GREAT BREAKFAST... Hope to see you soon in the BEST LOCATED HOSTEL of the city : THE BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL ! P.S. : Hot and cold milk are at disposall ; room heater can upgrade & free extra blankets are at disposall at the reception desk ; a free open space for lugage is at disposall behind the reception desk....

Lockers to store valuable goods in the rooms would have been nice, the showers/facilities were fine. Breakfast was good. The location/staff were good.

• 4th Dec 2014

I was very happy with everything. It was in walking distance of everything and it was a perfect place to stay. I would totally come back if I go back to Paris.

"HAPPY with EVERYTHING... walking distance of everything... PERFECT PLACE TO STAY" simple, basic with just the necessary ONLY for real youth travellers who are not so precious ! Hope to see you soon, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL !

I thought that the hostel was not clean (i.e. the bathrooms) even though they said that they were being clean that day. Also, I understand the the hostel is 24 hours, but I would hope for the preservation of the residence that the staff would do something about that noise of highly intoxicated guests in the early hours of the morning. Also, the ages said that the hostel was for 15-35 year olds, but there were lots of children.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Thanks for the GOOD LOCATION, STAFF and VALUE ! As informed on the micro web site, as confirmed by mail, BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL, the BEST LOCATED of the city is "strictly reserved for "open mind" students, teachers, school groups & real youth travellers, who are not so precious !" Moreover, even if all the commons are cleanned 2 times per day, and you've got the oportunity to inform the reception desk of any point at any time, we can't give any guarantee on the way of life your roomade.

I met three staffs and two of them were really bad. When I arrived quite early in the morning I had to leave the luggages in the public space and used the locker ( which u have to pay), and the locker just couldn't work so When I told the staff they replied me as you lose ur coins and nothing could change that. They weren't help at all. Anyway this hostel had give me really bad impressions towards Paris.

THANKS for the VERY GOOD LOCATION, GOOD SECURITY, ATMOSPHERE, CLEANLINESS & FACILITIES, but for sure for 20 Euros a night you can't pretend for a 5 STARS PALACE SERVICE ! More over, as informed on the micro web site and on our mail of confirmation : A FREE OPEN PLACE FOR LUGAGE behind the reception, lockers for 2 Euros per use... Hope to see you soon in a better mood, Best regards, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL !

People In The Reception Are Very Nice, but in the Canteen I didn't like. It's clean and tidy but I think it's not safe because is easy to get in without been bothered. They charge you 5 euros for adaptador. Don't have wifi, and if you want you need to pay, and you can just use in the reception. Don't have plug in the rooms, you can just charge your cellphone in the reception. But I recommend this hostel absolutely. Thank you very much

• 29th Nov 2014

83 % RATED : thanks a lot for our "very nice reception team & clean hostel"... and very easy to get in for our guests... but as informed on our micro website, as confirmed by mail : Wi-Fi only in the lobby cost 3 € for 2 hours or FREE Wi-FI in our bar just at the corner of the hostel... Hope to see you soon in the BEST LOCATED HOSTEL of Paris, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL

There are no: computer at the reception (I needed to look for my reference number in my phone outside catching a Wifi because in the hotel it was not free)!, personal sockets at the room I lived (how the guests charge their smartphones or computers with only one soket in the bathroom).

Thanks a lot for our PERFECT LOCATION, VERY GOOD SECURITY & VALUE... As informed by HostelWorld, as confirmed with a mail of us : YOU MUST PRESENT A PRINTED CONFIRMATION at the front desk on the day of your arrival ! Hope to see you soon in THE BEST LOCATED HOSTEL of PARIS, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL !

The Hostel offers exactly what it says on their website. It doesn't get much more central, staff is friendly and there 24/7 but don't expect the cleanest place. Shower heads are so old the water goes flying everywhere except your body. A suggestion would be to add a few lockers to the luggage room. Half of the maybe 10 lockers were broken and the other half was out of service bc the coin box hadn't been emptied, that was annoying. But overall a ok stay for a few nights.

"EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS ON THEIRU WEBSITE" : OPEN 24H NON STOP since 1948...THE FIRST, the OLDEST & THE BEST LOCATED of the city ! DON'T DREAM, just read what you rent ! A BED in a dorm room to share + A FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST BUFFET, in a SIMPLE & BASIC HOSTEL, with a pretty OLD SCHOOL YOUTH HOSTELLING SPIRIT ! YOU WILL FIND JUST THE NECESSARY : bunk beds, no lift, no kitchen, no alcool, no laundry mat, no free wi-fi ! Regards, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL

The hostel has the best location and it was comfortable to sightseeing. And I really liked breakfast )))

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Kazakhstan

THANKS A LOT for : the best location, confortable for sightseeing... Hope to see you soon in BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL : THE FIRST, THE OLDEST, THE BEST LOCATED with a pretty old school youth hostelling spirit ! Best regards, THE BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL

The gray-haired man in glasses. Behaved unfriendly and constantly cursing.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Russia

Staff genuinely look after you.

• 17th Nov 2014

100 % SATISFIED for BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL : the 1st, the oldest, the best located with a pretty old school youth hostelling spirit : just the necessary in the BEST DISTRICT of the city a block closed to LOUVRE MUSEUM ! Hope to see you soon, THE BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL

So far one of the best hostels I've even been! Wifi missing

• 15th Nov 2014

THANKS a lot for "ONE OF THE BEST HOSTELS" reserved for real open mind youth travellers, THE BEST LOCATED, but as we pretend, you will find just the necessary : a very SIMPLE & BASIC place with bunk beds, free linen, free breakfast, amazing location but NO LIFT, NO PUBLIC KITCHEN ACCESS, NO LAUNDRY, NO FREE WI-FI... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL

Paris is expensive so this place is alright but there is no interaction and it is mostly for sleeping that's it...

all we try: THE BEST LOCATED HOSTEL, OPEN 24H NON STOP, VERY BASIC & VERY SIMPLE withJUST THE NECESSARY : BUNK BEDS, NO LIFT, NO PUBLIC KITCHEN ACCESS, NO LAUNDRY ! FREE LINEN FREE CITY MAPS FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST FACILITIES TO SHARE ON EACH FLOOR WI-FI ONLY in the LOBBY since 3 € for 2 hours FREE WI-FI in all bars at the corner of the hostel ! LOCKERS for 2 Euros per use / Towels to buy for 5 Euros THE FULL BALANCE must be paid in CASH on the day of arrival

Shame to have ended my Europe trip with such a bad hostel. From the moment I got there I was very disappointed. Myself among with two other tired backpackers who were there before me were waiting to check in. When the time to check in finally arrived the 3 of us aimlessly stood at the reception and clearly the workers had more important matters to talk about because it took them FOREVER to acknowledge us. Afterwards very rude and cold. Have to BUY a towel, not even rent one.

Sorry for all, check in can take a few minutes, more over when you arrive on a busy time or during a change of services... and as informed on our micro web site, as confirmed 2 times by mail, if needed we sale towels for 5 Euros per use, Regards, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL !

The hostel was really nice and clean, like probably the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was really good as well. The location is great! Its close to metro lines, the Louvre, and walking distance lots of other main attractions. It was a very nice place to stay.

NICE and CLEAN... "the cleanest you ever stay !" + really good breakfast... great location... Thanks a lot for our SIMPLE and BASIC HOSTEL... where you'll find just the necessary : bunk beds, no lift, no kitchen, no laundry, no free wi-fi but a FREE EARLY FRENCH BREAKFAST... Hope to see you soon, The BVJ LOUVRE HOSTEL !

What i liked so much is the good work of staff and the location

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Morocco

91% SATISFIED : thanks for our STAFF & LOCATION, Hope to see you soon, The LOUVRE YOUTH HOSTEL !

The welcome is poor. You need to pay the full amount in cash even if you have booked for several people arriving at different hours. The location is ideal for sighseeing but the dormitories are rustic and there are no facilities (no soap in the sink of the toilet, only 2 plugs for a 8 bed dormitory, old wooden floor so a lot of noise).

• 31st Oct 2014

OUR REALITY : A PERFECT LOCATED RUSTIC HOSTEL with very basic facilities and the full balance must be paid in cash on the day of your arrival, Hope to see you soon, The LOUVRE HOSTEL !

I heard some negative reviews about it and i was doubtful to book it or not but i must say that it was a great hostel , breakfast was superb and over all i enjoyed staying there .... best thing is location, u cant find a better and cheap place to stay in paris then this hostel ..... this is the spot for backpackers .... greatt

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Pakistan

86 % SATISFIED, thanks a lot for our "GREAT PROPERTY... SUPERB BREAKFAST... & AMAZING LOCATION" As we pretend a SIMPLE & BASIC place & THE BEST LOCATED.... where you will find just the necessary & reserved for real youth travellers who are not so precious !

If you want to stay at a place where the first thing you smell is urine when walking up the stairs this place is for you. They put you 10 deep in a room and only have two bathrooms. You don't get your own key instead have to leave it there at desk and hope no one will steal your stuff.

Even if we don't share your point of you, we are very sorry about your experience, but for sure : 1 key per room & 1 resident card per person, lockers & safes are at disposall just behind the reception desk.

Our room was divided into 2 and to reach the top level you had to climb a ladder up. Not very safe especially when you have baggage. Beds were not clean, me and another girl in our room had beg bugs in our beds. Not ok.

• 11th Oct 2014

Thanks for the PERFECT LOCATION, VERY GOOD STAFF & ATMOSPHERE with our historic parisian lobby ! THE LOUVRE HOSTEL. P.S. : FREE FRESH LINEN & BLANCKETS are provided and changed on first request at the reception desk. Bed bugs can be imported from any traveler, lugage... even if you didn't notice anything at the reception desk, even if we didn't find any thing, as a security, your room we be fully treated.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4