Love Lane Inn Reviews

54 Love Lane, George Town, Penang, Malaysia

The property has a good location, in the center of georgetown with a 7-eleven close by. The place has a nice atmosphere. On the downside, the owner is rude sometimes, and the place is not very clean. You can easily spot spiderwebs all over the place, fungi on the bathrooms and bed bugs. They advertise breakfast, but its only bread with butter and jelly.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Panama
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This was without a doubt the worst hostel we've stayed at thus far. The manager showed us two rooms, both of which had bed bugs, and when we said we couldn't stay there because of the lack of hygiene the manager quickly became rude and wanted to ignore us. We were told that we would get a full refund if we returned the following morning, of which we only got half. Please do not stay here, there was a great hostel just next door called the Heritage 56 which was alot nicer and for the same price.

I arrived at Love Lane Inn to find that they had saved me the worse room in the hotel, right be the front desk and the stairwell. Since the room did not have complete walls the noise level and lack of privacy made the room unacceptable and when I expressed this to the owner he became rude and agressive telling me that I had to pay for the rooms I booked. When I said that I would not be able to use the room he offered I was told to F- off. Worst hotel experience in many years , if not ever.

We know is not the hotel fault to receive a booking late and to have Bed Bugs (We had), is hard to control that when such amount of people is passing through your premises (actually at least they were cleaning everything with spray as soon somebody were telling them something (in two days rooms). But something i thing has to change is the cleanliness of the place and broken furniture, for the same price the other places where i had been (sixth times in penang in three years) were much better.

This is something special! Definitely not very clean and not the most secure place on Earth, but there is something really cool about it. The vibe. The guys who run the hostel, the `I don`t give a sh**` attitude which sometimes came out of them. The `breadfast`- staff changed name breakfast to breadfast, cause there are only toasts and coffee..but sometimes you don`t need much to be happy. I didn`t find any bed bugs, I found the price really good and people I met there as well.

A lil bit more cleaner in showers, toilets.and dorms. Forgot a charger and battery there, but get no answers for my emails from that place. (The email address is right), had been nice if they would at least whrite back.

The hostel was very clean, cozy and had nice helpful staff. It was also on a quiet street so a good night's sleep was a quarantee.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Finland

The hostel is quite nice. With regards to the price it is about average. You get to meet many nice people from across the world. At night it is quite loud if you sleep in a room on the first floor as all people sit together for very long and chat with each other. The location is pretty good and scooter's are rented for a reasonable price of 35rm.

Saya sangat senang menginap di hotel ini,karena saya diberi kamar twin private untuk pembayaran saya yang dorm,pemiliknya sangat baik dan friendly,sy lupa namnya tapi dia berambut gondronk..

the staff is a bit weird and dirty, the room and especially the bathrooms were dirty , matresses old. you could feel the wood below sticking through it. (actually hurt my hip when lying sideways) and I've been travelling for a while, but this is one of the worst places i've had

Been backpacking for 4months

We supposed to stay there 2 night instead of 1 night. But due to unexpected circumstances we to cut it to one night only. And of course we are supposed to pay for 2 night but the manager was very considered and surprisingly gave us discount. The inn was so clean i never expected it and i love it. The location of the inn also quiet strategic very near with Komtar and a lots of food place to choose.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Overall, this hostel is very average. You get what you pay for. Security is a big issue here, with a few people having things go missing during my stay. Bring a lock and use it! Location is great, price is low. Oh, and only one toilet and shower. This is the basic, backpacker hostel, especially for Malaysia.

great hostel. sam and the rest of the staff are very helpful and friendly. we really enjoyed it.

Love Lane Inn was beyond nice! Granted I only stayed for 24 hours but the manager and the staff are so nice and fun, you can see how much they like their city and how badly they want you to enjoy it as well. I was travelling on my own and I loved the neighborhood, the location, the atmosphere and you can even buy your bus/train tickets on the spot - although if you walk around you can shop for the best price in different hostels :)

View all Penang Bed and Breakfasts