Lovely Jubbly Place Reviews

#149, street 19, Sangkat Chey Chum Nas, Khan Daun, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I really liked the hostel. The rooms were nice and clean, with AC, big lockers and big beds! I also really appreciated the free towel. The stuff is really friendly, they help wherever they can. I also enjoyed having a beer at the bar and talking to the guys who work there! You have great staff! I would definitely stay there again!

Amazing bar staff, all really chatty and helpful. Clean and nice hostel, although the dorm room really is quite dark so a torch is a must!

Really nice hostel. The only t hing is that there are no windows in the bedroom, but hey, you can sleep as long as possible! ;)

Great hostel, clean bathrooms, big huge backpack lockers, helpful staff, pool table. There's a sign that says no outside food or drink or you will be charged $5. I find that lame, but wouldn't prevent me from staying here. A few markets close by, but Not the safest part of the capitol. I was warned many times that locals in Phnom Penh snatching your cell phone straight out of your hand. The hostel is relatively secure, but my friend did have her phone stolen....by a traveler.

Nice clean rooms with attached bathroom - but no walls so you can hear everything your dorm mates have to do ... Big locker for backpack. Prices in the hostel bar/ restaurant are too high compared to local places selling the same food. The hostel misses a room to hang out. It's more clean and "industrial" style than a cosy place. Still liked it though.

Good service, nice staff, felt safe and chill.

Really helpful staff who helped us book tickets and plan our short stay in the city.

Did not have the room we reserved. Instead we ended up in a twin room with no windows. Not ideal. The staff was constantly confused. At one point I asked about the cost of booking a river cruise and then sat down to eat lunch. 15 minutes later I was told it was booked, a tuk tuk was on the way and we had to leave immediately. This was not at all what we asked for and we were struggling to get them to cancel or delay it until we had finished lunch. Noise level from downstairs was intense.

My rating isn't as high as it could have been - we don't actually stay at lovely jubbly place, we were transferred to their sister hostel LJ villa. It was really great with a swimming pool, fantastic staff etc. the only problem was the location, we only stayed in Phnom Penh for 2 nights and booked LJ place for its central location, the villa was actually quite a bit further out with no restaurants or nightlife around. BUT both seem generally good places to stay, clean, well organised :)

Lovely pace to stay. Convenient location easy to walk to market and riverside. They offered many tours and arranged easy tuktuk collection too.

This hostel has clean bathrooms and beds and has a laidback vibe compared to the other hostels I've stayed. WiFi connection is non-existent inside the dorm rooms but pretty okay in the ground floor. Light switch in dorm rooms are a bit complicated to work on and light on the shower room stopped functioning on our 2nd day. Very few power outlets in dorm rooms.

Locker for the whole backpack is very nice. Very dark dorm rooms, beds really close. Doors of bathroom make a lot of noise. Beds very hard! Not really a good atmosphere. Central location.

I was actually moved into their sister location, Lovely Bubbly Villa which has the added attraction of a very clean swimming pool for no additional charge Staff were fantastic! Very clean throughout Newly refurbished.

My stay in Lovely Jubbly was very lovely. I stayed there in a 4-female dorm room for 2 nights on Nov 6-8, 2014. Though the room is small but the beds are big and has big lockers for everyone. I found it difficult to open the door with my key but when I asked staffs for help, they were ready to help me at all times. Toilet and shower were cleaned everyday. I like the design of the hostel, very welcoming and relaxing with restaurant and bar downstairs.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Good Hostel.

Second stay here, and would stay again. Only improvements the place needs are: bathroom doors (the light/noise wakes people up who are sleeping) and curtains, since some privacy is also helpful in huge dorms. Would also suggest they get rid of the shooting range + killing fields tour as that is kinda in poor taste.... Otherwise it is a decent place with helpful staff

the hostel: - no kitchen - little expensive + AC in the room + nice staff + very big beds + near central/night market and club street i recommand this hostel, i stayed in 3 hostels in phnom penh, this one is very good

Fantastic hostel, clean rooms, great food and excellent staff!!!!! Could not speck high about this hostel. We Had a bag stolen in Phnom Penh, along with 2 passports, credit cards and cash and the staff were amazing. One staff in particular (I believe his name was Non) came with us to the police station and translated everything for us. They were very reassuring (the lovely jubbly staff-NOT THE POLICE) and made the experience a lot easier for us. Would recommend this hostel above any other.

Good location, helpful staff, decent food. Large lockers for your bag. Dorm was crowded (my bed was only 10" away from the ones beside me). Room and bathroom were too dim: beds need their own light (bottom bunk was too dark) and possibly some curtains- especially in the 12 person dorm. The prices do fluctuate quite a bit, unfortunately- one night I paid $2, someone else paid $4 and another person $6 all for the same night, same dorm. Overall I would stay there again, though :)

Hostel is located close to all main sites. Very nice staff and the rooms are clean. The downsite is that the room was quiet dark, especially if you're in one of the lowest level of the bunkbeds

• 29th Oct 2014