Lovely Jubbly Place Reviews

#149, street 19, Sangkat Chey Chum Nas, Khan Daun, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Pretty nice digs. Would definitely stay here again

Cheap, clean. Good bar in the hostel. Good a/c. Easy to meet people. Staff a bit annoying constantly trying to get you to buy something and asking where you're going. Just their way of being nice I guess. If you're looking to travel cheaply, this is a great spot.

A nice hostel, easy to meet other travellers. The staff are very friendly although very keen to sell you tickets/tours/food which is a little too much. Went on the killing fields tour organised by them, was very good and our driver was great. 4 bed all girls dorm is very dark and on the bottom bunks you get almost no light which isn't ideal. Did my laundry through them and lost a green t shirt, didn't realize until after I left. Not a huge problem but is annoying still.

The hostel staff wanted to help, but their lack of English skills caused frustration and confusion. It was also frustrating that there were 5 or 6 girls sitting at the front desk at all times, because you talked to a different one every time you had a questions. The result was not very helpful at all. Also, the all female dorm, which had no windows, desperately needs light fixtures for the lower bunks, because they are very dark and cave-like. Other than that, our stay was great.

This hostel is definitely a place for younger people who want to meet new people. My friend and I stayed in a private room, but it felt a little confining without windows...especially when there was a city-wide power outage and we still needed to get ready for the day. However, overall it was a comfortable enough place because we were expecting the more relaxed club/bar-like atmosphere.

Incredibly nice staff! And big lockers, clean bathrooms, great food.

It is a GREAT hostel on a great location with great staff. My only negative is miscommunications before I arrived, where I was told that a tuk tuk could pick me up at midnight (as I am a female travelling alone I requested this), I was told yes, but then the tuk tuk never showed up and I was left alone waiting. Also I was told that the bus to Siem Reap would take 6 hours, it took 9, without traffic. Other than that, EXCELLENT service with charming and wonderful staff always willing to help.

Nice place, very clean and laid back. Nice pool table and great location.

Very friendly staff who all speak good English, just sometimes they can bit too in-your-face by constantly asking 'where your going, what are you doing now', but its better than them being rude. The bar is cheap, and serves great food, it also boasts a free pool table and again the staff are more than happy to give you a game which is good fun. The rooms also are very clean, with spacious lockers.

Great place to stay. The bar downstairs serves alcohol/delicious food. Super easy to meet others because of the set-up. The staff, especially the bartenders, are wonderful. Lockers are spacious. Very easy to arrange inexpensive transport out of the city.

We reserved a private twin room for 1 night, and though they didn't have any more private rooms, they gave us a 4-bed dorm room for the two of us. The room was large, A/C was good, and the sink, toilet, and shower are all separate. Bummer that they didn't have soap in the bathroom :( They give you a towel and a lock&key for the lockers in the room. The staff are nice but a bit over-bearing in promoting their services and food options.

This hostel has the nicest staff I have ever come across!! I felt so safe as a lone female traveller and the ladies at the desk couldn't do more for me. The guys at the bar was sweet and helpful too! As were the tuk tuk drivers who work for the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would suggest is that the girls 4bed dorm needs a bright splash of colour so it doesn't feel so small and dark.

I loed this place especially Sreytouch Ke who was very, very, very, very, very, very, helpful

Nice hostel in the heart of PP. Spent about two weeks total here while making plans for onward travel and it was great. There isn't a hot tub as I think they claim, and the staff tries to pressure you into buying food/drinks at the affiliated bar and restaurant, but the place is $2/night and they're great, so don't hold it against them. I will return to PP and I will stay at Lovely Jubbly!

The dorms in Lovely Jubbly are basic (we didn't have a window and the room was very hot) but ideal for our 1 night in Phnom Penh. There was a great hot shower and lockable cupboards for your bags. The bar downstairs had a good atmosphere and the nightlife of Street 51 is only 5 mins away by tuk tuk, Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Horrible place!!! nothing like the pictures!!! It's all a lie!! Room had no windows or light! AC wasn't working and I felt like in a prison, disgusting!!! Do not waste your money here!!

Dear value guests, Thank you very much for taking your time to read my response. We would like to inform to our future guests that our female dorm do not have windows as like as the picture that we have been public on hostelworld.com, and in each our dorms exist socket and reading light, and AC. We try our best to serve guests but sometime we do fail, and we are appreciate for our future guests consideration.

Nice hostel situated in the center of Phnom Penh. Somewhat industrial, but the staff and price more than make up for it.

You have very friendly staffs and the price for the stay are very affordable and worth the value. On the other hand, tuk-tuk driver, Rika is very friendly and helpful as he never fail to attend to our request. Keep up the good work!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you! I had a good and comfortable time at your hostel. Made my time in Cambodia even better.

The staff were lovely and the layout was great but there was not much of an atmosphere. Also, very annoyed as my favourite item of clothing was taken in the laundry and they stopped responding to my emails about it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5