Lovely Jubbly Place Reviews

#149, street 19, Sangkat Chey Chum Nas, Khan Daun, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice place, very clean and laid back. Nice pool table and great location.

We reserved a private twin room for 1 night, and though they didn't have any more private rooms, they gave us a 4-bed dorm room for the two of us. The room was large, A/C was good, and the sink, toilet, and shower are all separate. Bummer that they didn't have soap in the bathroom :( They give you a towel and a lock&key for the lockers in the room. The staff are nice but a bit over-bearing in promoting their services and food options.

This hostel has the nicest staff I have ever come across!! I felt so safe as a lone female traveller and the ladies at the desk couldn't do more for me. The guys at the bar was sweet and helpful too! As were the tuk tuk drivers who work for the hostel. I would definitely stay here again. The only thing I would suggest is that the girls 4bed dorm needs a bright splash of colour so it doesn't feel so small and dark.

I loed this place especially Sreytouch Ke who was very, very, very, very, very, very, helpful

Nice hostel in the heart of PP. Spent about two weeks total here while making plans for onward travel and it was great. There isn't a hot tub as I think they claim, and the staff tries to pressure you into buying food/drinks at the affiliated bar and restaurant, but the place is $2/night and they're great, so don't hold it against them. I will return to PP and I will stay at Lovely Jubbly!

The dorms in Lovely Jubbly are basic (we didn't have a window and the room was very hot) but ideal for our 1 night in Phnom Penh. There was a great hot shower and lockable cupboards for your bags. The bar downstairs had a good atmosphere and the nightlife of Street 51 is only 5 mins away by tuk tuk, Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Horrible place!!! nothing like the pictures!!! It's all a lie!! Room had no windows or light! AC wasn't working and I felt like in a prison, disgusting!!! Do not waste your money here!!

Dear value guests, Thank you very much for taking your time to read my response. We would like to inform to our future guests that our female dorm do not have windows as like as the picture that we have been public on hostelworld.com, and in each our dorms exist socket and reading light, and AC. We try our best to serve guests but sometime we do fail, and we are appreciate for our future guests consideration.

Nice hostel situated in the center of Phnom Penh. Somewhat industrial, but the staff and price more than make up for it.

Thank you! I had a good and comfortable time at your hostel. Made my time in Cambodia even better.

The staff were lovely and the layout was great but there was not much of an atmosphere. Also, very annoyed as my favourite item of clothing was taken in the laundry and they stopped responding to my emails about it.

Good hostel, nice bar and pool table, modern yet simple rooms, faithful to the pictures, in a street with many other hostels, restaurants, massage places, and 10 min walk to museum, royal palace, central market.

• 15th Aug 2014

Nice clean dorms and bathrooms, air con, hot water, attentive staff, central location - would recommend.

I had a great time with my best friend there in Phnom Penh. It's m best memory ever to stay with you guys. Thumbs up!

Large, basic dorm rooms. Good bar downstairs and the breakasts are amazing!

It was a nice hostel with à good location. Nice breakfast and à big bed. Bathroom could have been a little more clean and It was very noisy. But I would stay here again! Friendly staff and very helpfull.

Best option in Phnom Penh, and I stayed at the the top three, i.e, The White Rabbit (Don't stay here) and Me Mate's Place (also very good).As I highlighted in my review of the latter hostel, Me Mate's Place & Lovely Jubbly are both run by the same company, and I have to say, they have done a pretty decent job.Price wise, value for money is superb and I promise you, you shan't find anything as good elsewhere in the city.This is my personal favorite, and I do indeed recommend it.

I think this place is decent enough for PP. The lady at the desk was super nice and helpful with booking bus tickets. She even remembered my name when I came back. The bar seemed like a decent place to meet people. The twin room had no windows and did feel a bit like a cell with all the concrete. It was very noisy with music from the bar until midnight. The shower was decent.

Very helpful at reception and ordered our vietnam visas in 24hrs. Quite a central location where everywhere is accessible by a tuk tuk

• 30th Jul 2014

I arrived, they told me that they overbooked and because of this they transferred me to another hostel, Me Mate Villa. They told me once I went there I'd stay there all 4 nights (it'd be okay since same owner). I stayed there 1 night, and wanted to cancel the other 2 but stay for the last. They told me ok, just pay for the 1st night when I check out. I came back, my reservation was cancelled. I asked to speak to someone, they refused. Also were very unwilling to help us find another place. 0/10.

Dear Value Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your cooperation. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hostel policies.

Very professional staff, very well run hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6