Lovely Jubbly Place Reviews

#149, street 19, Sangkat Chey Chum Nas, Khan Daun, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

We had a great stay! Good location, nice food, comfortable beds. And a great bar, but unfortunately not many people hanging out there. Only downside was that they had promised to pick us up but no ine was there

• 22nd Feb 2015

The concrete box asthetic was ok and great for a dark nights sleep but can appreciate it wont be to everyones taste. Beds were comfy and shower warm with great water pressure. I agree that the owner needs to decide if its a bar or hostel though. The bar was empty with everyone driven outside by the music and surely they get more in people paying to sleep there than they would get from the 0.50c beer. You can only take Hotel California on repeat so many times...

Good hostel, good price, lockers were awful though broken on sides so are pointless. Place Also lacked a little in atmosphere but could just be time of year. Overall though good hostel.

일단 이호스텔위치를 아는 툭툭기사가한명도없었고 매일 돌아갈때마다 지도를보며 설명해야함. 또4인실을 예약했는데 방이남음에도불구하고 6인실을주면서 문제없다고 태연해해서 따졌더니 방을바꿔줌. 방안에화장실이있는건좋았지만 계단이가파르고 복도가좁고 방도너무어둡고 대체적으로 이호스텔은너무 최악임. it was the worst hostel ever and ever.

Lovely Jubbly is in a perfect location in the city. They also provided pick-up from the bus station which was very nice. John, the evening bartender, is wonderful. The main issue that we had was that we booked a private room over a month in advance, but when we arrived they told us that room was no longer available (as in they had overbooked). We were put into a four bed dorm room, which we had to ourselves, but was very cramped and not what we had initially requested.

The place is dark and has a very musty smell. The staff are helpful enough but always look tired and stressed out. The rooms and toilet are clean but there was no water on our first night. The location is good, near the market, restaurants and pubs. There is a nice bar at the ground floor but we spend most of our time outside during the day and by the time we are ready to chill and have drinks, the bar is already closed so we have to go somewhere else. The smell, i really hate the smell.

Lovely Jubbly was lovely!! The rooms were cleaned everyday I was there and the shower (best hot shower I had all trip)/toilet was great because they were actually separated. The beds are also quite large and comfy. John - who works behind the bar at night is hilarious and helpful. Not the most social vibe but still easy to talk to people! Would definitely recommend!

Great value for money and good location but this place is just a little weird. Everything is painted sheer black and it feels like an industrial warehouse. The rooms are also just a little too small for how many beds they stack in there. You'd better be prepared to cuddle with some new friends here.

Nice hostel in a good place to see the city! Only critic is the free pick-up service as the driver was not there when we arrived and didn't show up after waiting a while.

It's a nice place, good vibes for backpackers, not far from the river, in the middle of the old part of town... Basic room, concrete grey and completely dark in the night, but very quiet... Just two single rooms available, reserve in advance!

Hicimos la reserva, al llegar nos dijeron que estaban llenos y tuvimos que pasar la primera noche en otro hostal de la misma cadena, bastante alejado y con ratones alrededor piscina. Al querer pagar la estadía con tarjeta de crédito nos dijeron que la máquina estaba mala y tuvimos que pagar con el efectivo que no teníamos considerado.

Good place over all, the staff were super helpful with booking tours and such.

We did not like this place. It is dark, no atmosphere. The rooms are ok but we asked 3 days for repair our bathroom door and the staff basically didnt care.

Highly recommend. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good location.

• 21st Jan 2015

An excellent hostel. let down because they double booked my bed on our second night but didn't tell me. I found out myself when I found someone else asleep in my bed. There was no real apology for this. Otherwise we really liked this hostel.

Overall the atmosphere and cleanliness is not an issue. The staff are okay. Some are nicer than others. While I was here I also noticed a lot of disorganization. There were some mixed up with bookings, laundry services, etc. Some of my belongings were removed from the bed when new sheets were replaced. I had to inquire why they went missing. The lockers could be better. It's wooden and I noticed some of them are worn out. If new and more durable lockers are in place, it would feel a lot safer.

Stayed there only one night, but got nothing negative to say. Clean and quite place, staff were very helpful and pleasant. Bed was very comfy and clean bedding. No lifts but staff helpped to carry my bag. Have security locks, would definitely recommend.

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Very central, awesome atmosphere and the staff are wicked! very helpful with organising buses and day trips! Definitely would stay again!

This place was really cool. Very well kept, with big bunks and clean bathrooms. There was a pool table and inhouse bar/resturant with good food for cheap. They have tuktuks organized for any where you'd want to go. Only stayed one night, wanted to stay more!

Stayed here as an emergency request cos my host from CS bailed on me. But it was very nice. No window in the room, and all together really narrow. But hey, I am a back-packer and not on a luxury vacation. I liked it and I might come back when I am back in teh PP area. Cool place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4