Lovett's Hostel Reviews

Cooleen, Dingle, Dingle, Ireland

A good hostel overall, nothing special about it, but nothing out of place either. Rooms are spacious and have a plethora of power outlets which was great! wifi isn't good quite as quick as you would expect. Bathrooms, rooms and kitchen were always clean, because the hostess is always reminding you to wash up, dry and put away whatever you've used.

Kitchen was extremely small...only one small fridge, one small cooking station, and one small table that sat 4...we had to wait several times to use the kitchen. Our room had a large skylight with no shade, so my partner could not sleep after the sun cam up. Room smelled very musty.

• 17th Aug 2015

Decent place, feels very homey. When I arrived there was no one there for 3 hours and I would to have to wait in the rain if another guest wasn't leaving the building. Other than that, staff were decent. Clean rooms and good kitchen. Great location, on edge of town right next to lots of greenery and the bay and the town center.

Nice stay in Lovett's hostel. Staff very friendly and usefull. Definitively recommended.

Amazing location and worked out well for us!

A really small and nice place. Cheap, well located : a good place to start a tour of the dingle peninsula !

Lovely place. Quiet and right on the edge of town so the best of both worlds.

Nice hostel, friendly and chilled-out atmosphere. The owner, Helen, is a fountain of local knowledge on good pubs, nice walks, local beaches and villages to visit. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hostel and I would stay again in future.

• 6th Jul 2015

The carpet gives a dirty aspect to the hostel, as well as some stains in the duvets.

Great, clean hostel! It's a little bit out of the town center (only a five minute walk...Dingle is pretty small), and it had the quiet, relaxing feel of a B&B. The lady who runs it is super helpful and nice. If you need anything that she doesn't already have (ex. foil for us), she'll go out and get it for you! A great place to stay in Dingle!

The hostel is very close to the centre of town and the rooms are nice. However, the hostel is actually a small house with very little space to hang about - the kitchen is tiny and there is no common room. The hostess is often absent (at least in my experience), there is no breakfast and no way of getting one's laundry done. Overall, not a very welcoming feel.

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Awful. I felt uncomfortable the moment I arrived. I came to check in and the owners were not there. I came back 2hrs later and did not feel at all welcome after checking in. Because the owners live (I assume) in the same building as the hostel, I felt like I was intruding on private space. The house was creaky and very loud - you could hear the comings and goings of everyone. Tiny bathroom facilities, not very clean. I booked two nights and stayed only one. Would not recommend at all.

We were worried before arriving because of all of the negative comments we saw but we were glad to see that we did not even kind of have that experience with the woman. She wanted of visit with us and was very friendly a unique

• 8th Jun 2015

Great location, good value. One of the only hostels with parking. I found the owner to be very unpleasant, I got the impression that I was less of a valued guest and more of a barely tolerated nuisance.

No alcohol in the hostel allowed !!! Room was too bright in the morning because there were no roller blinder

Does not have the feel of a typical hostel (more like a b&b feel) but we loved our stay here! More suitable for people looking for a quiet few nights somewhere in a great location, rather than to meet other travellers/partying. Good facilities, comfy bed and the owner had great local knowledge. The owner is occasionally out, so make sure you let her know an approximate arrival time, so you don't have to wait around. Try Reel Dingle Fish for food - amazing fish and chips!

Location is good. Room was a bit cold and dark. When I started using hot water to wash the dishes, the owner dashed into the kitchen and looked upset telling not to use it as hot water is really precious in Ireland. I was a little scared then but apart from that, she asked how my trip was going and so on.

We took the hostel mostly because of the good location. But finally everything was brilliant: We had the kitchen and the living room for ourselves, we even got a fire lit there. Everything was very clean and made with love and the staff was very nice. So I can't understand some of the bad comments. The kitchen is small, that's true, but there is also space in the living room for example.

Doesn´t feel like a hostel, the owners seem to live in the house as well. There is nothing new in the hostel, everything is very old and sometimes even not very clean. Kitchen is okay but things like knifes, salt are missing. There is a living roomm but very small and only four people can sit inside. The owners don´t do more than absolutely necessary for this place. Best point is the price which is very low, especially for double rooms. So