Lovett's Hostel Reviews

Cooleen, Dingle, Dingle, Ireland

Had a nice stay there, the rooms are lovely and the owners very friendly :) it's not the typical hostel though, more b

My room was quite large (6 bed dorm), just overall not enough showers and toilets. Also the key I was given for the door entrance never worked. I always relied on other people being there. It is jut a house turned into a hostel, with the family living there too I think.

The place was lovely and the location 10min walk to town. We love to come back!

• 18th Jun 2014

the room was clean but could have done with more pillows. The bathroom was clean and the shower was clean, but the kitchen was a dump. I definitely would not use it. It had a horrible smell in it. It served its purpose, sleep and shower and the location was excellent.

• 6th Jun 2014

Really had a lovely time in this hostel. So close to the centre of Dingle - 30 seconds walk really. The landlady is so nice and speaks great Irish too. Would definitely stay here again, Good value too!!

• 31st May 2014

Good bed and hot water in the bathroom. The hostel doesn't have breakfast and lockers to leave the suitcase.

Lovely place with great staff

I spent two days at Lovett's Hostel and I only remember good things. They were very kind to me asking how my day was and giving tips on where I could go. The room was clean and the bed was good. I recommend this hostel!

It's a very small hostel, in a good location. Dingle itself is very small. The woman who runs it is very helpful. There's a small kitchen and the bathrooms are clean. There's not much going on at the hostel but it is perfectly good as a base to see Dingle, which is not a party town anyway.

Excellent stay 3 nights doubke room for me and my girlfriend for 105 total fantastic. Centre of dingle town. Staff very warm and let you do your own thing.. ten out of ten .

• 11th Apr 2014

Lovely hostel in a house, close to the city and the harbour. The owners are really friendly and helpful, I definitively recommend it. However, £15 is a bit expensive without breakfast.

The house was great- but it was more like a house less like a hostel. The family were not hospitable and I felt as though I was intruding on their home. If they want guests to come back, they should act like they want them there in the first place. The woman made me uncomfortable and would not go back, but clean facilities!

• 28th Mar 2014

Location is excellent. The owners were a great help in renting bikes (when the bike shop was closed), but don't expect more. There's tea but no coffee in the kitchen and facilities are limited. Our beds were uncomfortable, but we can't speak for every room. You're in a house shared with the family more than a hostel. We had the bad experience of being awaken at 2am by constant knocking/ringing at the front door. As no one answered, we were forced up to let someone in (a family member?).