Lovett's Hostel Reviews

Cooleen, Dingle, Dingle, Ireland

Excellent stay 3 nights doubke room for me and my girlfriend for 105 total fantastic. Centre of dingle town. Staff very warm and let you do your own thing.. ten out of ten .

• 11th Apr 2014

Lovely hostel in a house, close to the city and the harbour. The owners are really friendly and helpful, I definitively recommend it. However, £15 is a bit expensive without breakfast.

The house was great- but it was more like a house less like a hostel. The family were not hospitable and I felt as though I was intruding on their home. If they want guests to come back, they should act like they want them there in the first place. The woman made me uncomfortable and would not go back, but clean facilities!

• 28th Mar 2014

Location is excellent. The owners were a great help in renting bikes (when the bike shop was closed), but don't expect more. There's tea but no coffee in the kitchen and facilities are limited. Our beds were uncomfortable, but we can't speak for every room. You're in a house shared with the family more than a hostel. We had the bad experience of being awaken at 2am by constant knocking/ringing at the front door. As no one answered, we were forced up to let someone in (a family member?).

Very cosy and tidy place. Place to relax and have a good night sleep to enjoy beautiful DIngle. If you're looking for a place to stay where you are allowed to drink and party, you should go to someplace else.

A nice quite and cozy family-owned hostel. The family is very kind and will gladly speak some Irish with you! :)

The room, bathroom and surrounding areas were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We did enjoy our stay in Dingle, however we felt as though the Lovett family was frustrated/cold toward guests. We felt like we were not welcome at the hostel and that we were only in their way.

• 29th Oct 2013

I normally don't complain about bed comfort however the beds here smelt like mould, and were very very uncomfortable.

good location, and that's it! the staff wasn't helpful at all, when i ask for city map and few info, the girl answered me "there's maybe some maps left in the kitchen or go to information center" without smiling. and when i check in the kitchen, for sure, no any left. the living and the kitchen is way too small.there's no reception which make things more difficult, when i have question or need anything, i need to knock their door and their reaction makes me feel bad, feels like i am bother them

The owner is really kind. She give us a lot of advice for our trip. The hostel is near the dingle arbor in the center. / La propietaria è veramente gentile. Tutto è pulito e centrale. Veramente consigliato.