Lovett's Hostel Reviews

Cooleen, Dingle, Dingle, Ireland

We took the hostel mostly because of the good location. But finally everything was brilliant: We had the kitchen and the living room for ourselves, we even got a fire lit there. Everything was very clean and made with love and the staff was very nice. So I can't understand some of the bad comments. The kitchen is small, that's true, but there is also space in the living room for example.

Doesn´t feel like a hostel, the owners seem to live in the house as well. There is nothing new in the hostel, everything is very old and sometimes even not very clean. Kitchen is okay but things like knifes, salt are missing. There is a living roomm but very small and only four people can sit inside. The owners don´t do more than absolutely necessary for this place. Best point is the price which is very low, especially for double rooms. So

I love staying at Lovett's. It had the personal feel of staying at someone's house, but without having to spend all your time with your hosts. The owners of the place were incredibly kind and welcoming and the facilities were so clean and the bed very comfortable. I'm wasn't so keen on the Saturday midnight curfew since I'm sort of a night owl, but it's their place and I respected it and I'm sure it keeps down the number of young people stumbling in at all hours. Overall, great experience.

It was a little cold in the bedrooms

• 20th Feb 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Lovett's. It felt more like a B&B as the owner greeted us at the door and asked about our travellers. It had many small rooms and many bathrooms that were all very clean. The kitchen had everything we needed to make a nice breakfast and the owner directed us towards places to have dinner in town. It is only a short few minutes walk to the main streets down a nice quiet road. Great place to stay if you are looking for a nice quiet retreat in Dingle!

A nice place to stay for a couple days. In February it wasn't very busy, and it was quiet at night to sleep. There was a stove in the sitting room that was nice to sit by and warm up after a day outside! They offer bike rentals, which was really useful since the bike shop wasn't open the day I wanted to rent one.

Great hostel! Clean and tidy, everything you needed was catered for!

A very homely hostel in a really good location close to shops, pubs and the picturesque harbour. Lovett's is a small hostel where you feel part of a household. Plenty of bathroom / shower facilities and a functional kitchen. Bedrooms are comfortably furnished, with basins in rooms. Ours at the front (3 bed dorm) had a nice view through a gap in the houses to the harbour. Plenty of places to have breakfast nearby or to buy produce and cook your won. An enjoyable stay. Thank you.

Lovely kitchen, hot showers, beautiful location. Feels more like you're in a room of the families house rather than hostel. Only suggestion would be to turn the heat on, cause I was freezing. A little pricey for what it is

The lady that owns the place is very angry person and made my stay very uncomfortable.

• 31st Dec 2014

Nice little hostel, 5min to town centre. Kitchen isn't too flash, but i met great people and the bed was the comfiest i have ever found travelling :)