Lovett's Hostel

7.7
Very Good 450 Total Reviews

26th Feb 2017
5.7

PROS: Close to bus/restaurants/ATM/pubs/groceries/gas/harbor/trail. Nice fire at night (FREEZING during the day). Bed comfy. Good wifi. CONS: No lockers. COLD!! Heat rationed/no control. Rare snow storm while there, but no adjustment made. Stayed under covers for warmth. Dreaded showers. Hostess defensive. Unless you're 3, can't sit up in bed (top bunk TOO LOW). Had to sit at edge of bed, on hard wooden frame, with body bent forward to put shoes on, (& lay flat w. laptop to work & stay warm).

16th Feb 2017
4.9

I came to Lovett's hostel during the winter. I knocked on the door, rang the bell (at 1 PM)- no one answered. I called- no one picked up. The place was completely deserted. I ended up leaving because as a lone female traveler I had to make sure I'd find a place to sleep that night and couldn't risk waiting for the staff to maybe show up. They refused to return my deposit.

• USA, Female, 18-24
6th Jan 2017

Great for couples and families! Very quiet and cozy... owner is very particular- they live on site so no horsing around.