Lu Palau de Antoni Reviews

Via Porto Torres 14, Alghero, Italy

Great B&B , when we stayed there, there was no strict time of breakfast this was ideal.

• 22nd Aug 2014

We booked for an ordinary room withouth breakfast but were freely upgraded to an apartment with breakfast. Very large and clean room with proper kitchen, and a very nice terrace outside. Breakfast is simple (only toast, no pastry) but very nice, with everything you need (coffee, tea, cheese, ham, salami, fruit, yoghurt, cornflakes, some typical sardinian deserts,...). Only remark: the shower did not always have hot water and the oven in the kitchen did not work but for the rest the perfect B&B.

Great bed and breakfast near the beach and only a 20 minute walk from the historic city centre. I left my shoes in the room and Giuseppe was willing to come back to the hostel, meet us and give them to me!

Stylish and nice apartment. Long beach ( not very clean ) beside.

Hello Martin, I thank you for the feedback, I hope to return in the future, best regards Giuseppe Cataldi

Friendly staff, room was quiet and spacious but also dark and not very clean. The breakfast was self-service and featured quite a limited choice of food. Okay for a short stay, but not for longer.

• 1st Jun 2014

Thank you for your evaluation and want to remember that the "breakfast" can not 'have an unlimited choice for food, unlimited choice for food may' be required normally for lunch and dinner at the restaurant.

Me and my husband spend 3 nights in Alghero at Lu Palau. We were greeted by the owner and he showed us into out own super nice apartment. We were both surprised of how big it was, and how nice the common areas were! You make your own breakfast kind of style, and we bought some things that we wanted to eat. Nice to meet people in the common room, and over all we had a great stay! The location was a little bit off from Old Town where we had dinners, but closer to beaches!

• 7th May 2014
  • Sweden

We loved staying here! The staff were friendly, the room was clean and quiet. Also we had our own entrance, which we could lock, allowing us to be left to our own devices. Breakfast was served in the main room, with a lovey selection of cheese and cold meats.

It was perfect time in Lu Palau de Antoni! There was no problem with arriving during the night. Staff absolutely perfect, she speaks Engish, Italian, German... I highly recommend.

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Czech Republic

It was a perfect place to be with my boyfriend. Every morning a lady comes to make cappuccino and every two days she cleans the beds/towels. beside your own room there is a big living room and kitchen! with (very nice!) a tank of cold mineral water where you can take as much as you want! It is around 20min walking to the old centre, but its a walk on the boulevard.. Very beautiful. The beach is near and its next to a supermarket!

• 1st Oct 2013

A clean and comfortable place, a twenty-minutes walk from the city center but very close to bus stops for all major destinations (Stintino, Capo Caccia, beaches, etc.). Very friendly staff.

• 25th Aug 2013

I have to say at first that these guys like to play a games :) We came in the evening and we had to find our keys and after we had to find a place for a breakfast , but was fun. Rooms were clean, staff was nice, we had to leave in the morning ant they have prepared for us breakfast earlier. Place is close to the city centre, so you can walk there. We enjoyed our time in this hostel.

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Slovakia

Hello, it's all true, we played because I preferred to hide the keys, not to make them wait, now for these emergencies we put out a safety deposit box for the keys. But I have to appreciate nice customers like them, I offer cordial greetings, Giuseppe Cataldi

It would be a good idea to show the different rooms on the Photos, so you know which one you have chosen The first night we got the wrong room, and it wasn´t nice. When we had the room, we ordered, we were very satisfied.

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Denmark

Hello, we are preparing a service of this type with the choice of the room with the attached photos, but will be ready After September, I thank you and kindest regards, Joseph

Staying in this hotel was very disappointing. It was very dirty and everywhere far. The personnel was very rude . They wanted me to pay extra for breakfast . The best was that I bought a bed and breakfast already. It was very difficult to communicate with personnel , they couldn't speak english at all...I just don't like when somebody try to cheat me . I had argue with Patrizia (she runs the place) She was so rude to me she yelled to me that if I don't like it the door is open ...

As the owner of Lu Palau de Antoni, you must respond to Ms. Haza, and specifically for the breakfast, the question of the breakfast was clarified with the responsible Hostelwordl. As far as cleaning I point out that it is the only one to tell a lie like this for at least five years, and also remember how to be polite staff must be equally educated the customer, especially what he says and thinks that something others do not understand ..... I offer cordaili regards, Giuseppe Cataldi

This accomodation was really great located, clean and beautiful. I can only recomend it. Breakfest is huge and very tasty. Apartments are not far from city center and beach. Stuff was very nice and friendly. They helped us also to organize our trips to other cities. It was very good choice.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Slovakia

It 's always a pleasure to work with clients kind and polite, I can say that in the 2013 season if they are 99%, and I also consider these customers truly "special" for the way they have lived in the philosophy of the house, who declined to be a hotel, but a place that has to feel good.

It was tricky to find it at the arrival but once we found it we were not disappointed. Excellent value for money, near the beach, about 15 min walk from the town, really nice breakfast.

Good evening, I thank you for your stay with us and I am glad you are well, best regards Giuseppe Cataldi

Staff was incredibly friendly, and helpful during our stay. The room was a very good value for our stay, my only complaint would be the shower curtain was ripped, and essentially useless, that is a minor problem compared to everything else. I completely loved my stay, and you are only 10 min walk from old town, and 5 min walk to the beach.

We had a beautiful visit in alghero and a very good stay in lu palau. Good and personal provided breakfast.

• 19th May 2013
  • 31-40

Good location, helpful owner and staff but badly in need of some general maintenance eg a properly flushing toilet, a coat of paint in the bedroom, etc. This would improve the accommodation overall .

Lovely accommodations and lovely people. Overall great experience; I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to a friend. It's advantageous to speak some Italian if you choose to stay here.

Lovely accommodation. Clean, spacious and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was lovely.

• 31st Aug 2012