Luan Vu Reviews

35/2 Bui Vien Street, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Everything was very good! The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The only flaw was that the internet connection was not very fast.

Directions to this location were not good. Location is fine but directions lacking....

Very well located. Clean, rooms look like new. Nice and helpful staff.

Excellent! The place was clean, safe and right in the heart of backpackers central. The staff were brilliant, really helpful and friendly, and were a good source of local knowledge, gave me some good pointers about my onward journey etc

• 4th Mar 2015

We spent 3 nights in a private double which was nice sized. It was clean except we have an invasion of ants without us having food in there. The staff were friendly especially the girl at the reception who we saw most of the time, she was so helpful! The location was good as there is loads of food options on that street! We also booked a tour with this hostel to the tunnels which was great. The atmosphere was the downside, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a hostel or hotel.

The front desk staff were fantastic! Super helpful and patient with our questions.

Great room, cozy but very clean, well maintained, and decently furnished. Very friendly and helpful staff. Internet works well. Would definitely recommend it!

Good place to stay. My flight was delayed but the staff still waited for me at the airport for my transfer which was helpful as it was very late at night.

Friendly staff!

I was right in booking at Luan Vu. It's clean and it's close to restaurants, parks and night clubs. The staff are also nice and helpful. My only concern is that their pillows have that certain mouldy smell. If I would go back to Ho Chi Minh, I would still stay in Luan Vu

This was the first day in Vietnam for us. It took a long time to get through the custom and finally arrived the hotel. AND! They didn’t have any record of our booking and to make matters worse, hotel was fully booked. They put us a hotel nearby, which was very poor standard. Luan Vu was much better, but unfortunately no compensation was considered. Apart from this problem, the room was nice and fully equipped (fridge, hair dryer, safe, T.V, wifi, air-condition).

Staff were exceptionally nice and extremely helpful (but did forget our alarm call!) Didn't seem to be any hot warm. Looking forward to going back.

Friendly service, great location and perfect value for money.

• 16th Dec 2014

just okay

The staffs were really helpful to us and the they took care about cleanliness so much. I really appreciate it! I highly recommend this hostel.

We had an awesome stay here! We had a three bed room and a double room and both were great! It wasn't a big room but very clean and very comfortable. The two girls at reception were amazing!! They helped us with a lot including booking tickets for opera, bus, trains and a lot of activities. Wifi was really good! Location was great right in the middle of backpackers area. Cons - brekkie was average with eggs and toast. None!

Luan Vu was a really comfortable place to stay. It is small and doesn't have a big community feel, but the staff are so great so you feel at home. The breakfast was delicious (scrambled eggs and cheese - so good). After my bag was stolen, the staff couldn't have been more helpful in letting us use the computers and their phones and telling us exactly what to do and where to go! It is central to the bus stop, bars and great restaurants. Overall, a cheap but luxurious feeling place to stay!

Nice hotel, It was a bit hard to find because it is located in a small alley of a busy street, but the street adress assumes it is located on the busy street. This is actually a big plus! because it provides less noisy rooms, so that is the positive side. We only stayed for 1 night and had a room on the 5th floor... with the temperatures in this city, and no elevator, this is a bit high... but ok for 1 night.

Really very nice and very helpful staff! Breakfast included was good. We will come back.

• 4th Nov 2014

This is definitely a hotel, not a hostel. Could have met people at breakfast I suppose, but otherwise you wont really have a chance. That being said, these were the most comfortable beds we stayed at in Vietnam. The staff was wonderful. Our AC unit stopped working and the staff fixed it within 15 minutes bringing us free large waters in those short few minutes. They were so helpful and arranged our airport rides without a hitch. No elevator, but good breakfast and great staff.