Luan Vu Reviews

35/2 Bui Vien Street, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Our experience was great! The hotel was very clean, in a good location, and felt very safe. The staff there is WONDERFUL, they were very friendly and helpful. They booked tours, the AO show tickets (recommended), and also helped us cancel one tour when we decided not to go the night before. Would recommend it!

• 14th May 2015

We had great stay here, in fact extended for an extra night! Great location but tucked down a side alley so really quiet. Staff excellent, good breakfast and comfy beds plus good shower. Excellent value. Also booked tours for us. Only down side was that we booked a triple family room and it had two double beds rather than three beds and only one room key. Be sure to download a map if you are coming from the bus station where the airport bus arrives

• 10th May 2015

As others said, it is hard to find but my taxi driver called the reception and that was no problem. My room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Having breakfast prepared was great, too. The staff spoke good English and we're very helpful. A great value for the money

The staff here were so friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard. Considering the price was quite cheap I liked the little touches of slippers in the room and extra amenities in the bathroom. The building was nice and quiet at night time but right on the door step of the backpacker area full of bars and restaurants! I would definitely recommend and would stay here again if I was ever in Ho Chi Minh!!

We booked the wrong dates so we ended up staying at the sister hotel, but both hotels were very close and we were told were exactly the same. Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Overall I would recommend.

The staff here are amazing, especially Nhi! We had already checked out of the hostel to go on an overnight tour of the Mekong River, but when we were dropped back off in HCMC it was at Luan Vu. We had nothing to do for around 2 hours while we were waiting for our next driver to Mui Ne, and Nhi was happy to look after our luggage while we went out for a bit & even let us shower in that time! Best service I've ever had at a hostel!

Great location, on a side street. Lovely staff with very good English. Had a room close to the stairs that was a bit noisy because of that. Otherwise, really liked this place, would definatley stay again.

• 10th Apr 2015

This hostel is situated in the backpacker area but down a side alley. So you get the best of both worlds - a really short walk out to the main thoroughfare but a quiet room for a good night's rest.

This is a fantastic place with really nice staff. They are really helpful (arranged for my transfer to other hotel including free luggage transport) all hassle free, pleasant, efficient and organized. Room was excellent. The place is very clean and there is a safe in the room for extra security. Facilities are good and location very convenient for shopping, night life and excursions. Pleasant and smart place. Aircon and fan working well, wifi strong in the lounge and in the room (5th floor.

Everythings is good but bad wifi connect!!!!

Awesome stay at Ho Chi Minh City! This hotel is located along the most happening street in District 1, with a vibrant night life just slightly outside the hotel. This hotel may be slightly difficult to find at first, as it is located at an alley. But it is a blessing in disguise, because you can have a quieter environment to sleep in at night! Staffs are really friendly, and are very helpful and detailed in recommending you to various tours that they offer, at a very affordable rate!

Everything was very good! The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The only flaw was that the internet connection was not very fast.

Directions to this location were not good. Location is fine but directions lacking....

Very well located. Clean, rooms look like new. Nice and helpful staff.

Excellent! The place was clean, safe and right in the heart of backpackers central. The staff were brilliant, really helpful and friendly, and were a good source of local knowledge, gave me some good pointers about my onward journey etc

We spent 3 nights in a private double which was nice sized. It was clean except we have an invasion of ants without us having food in there. The staff were friendly especially the girl at the reception who we saw most of the time, she was so helpful! The location was good as there is loads of food options on that street! We also booked a tour with this hostel to the tunnels which was great. The atmosphere was the downside, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a hostel or hotel.

The front desk staff were fantastic! Super helpful and patient with our questions.

Great room, cozy but very clean, well maintained, and decently furnished. Very friendly and helpful staff. Internet works well. Would definitely recommend it!

Good place to stay. My flight was delayed but the staff still waited for me at the airport for my transfer which was helpful as it was very late at night.

Friendly staff!