Luan Vu Reviews

35/2 Bui Vien Street, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Quiet little place, very clean and the staff is very helpful. The stairs are very steep so if you think you can't reach the 4th or 5th floor best email them for a room on the first or second floors.

Only stayed one night before heading to the airport, but was nice enough. Good location in the backpacker district, right off the main street. Relatively clean and quiet. No elevator (at least that I saw) if that is an issue for you.

Every Staff was really kind and helpful. BUT there was no lift and lots of ants were in my room.

Clean and friendly, a little expensive but very thing in Ho Chi Minh is.

Niamh (sp.?) at front desk was wonderful! So helpful and kind, we loved her! Great place to stay close to the crazy fun of district 1 but located on a quiet side street. We weren't disrupted by noise at all! Free breakfast was also a plus!

A little difficult to find at first, but an excellent place to stay.

Very poor internet connection Ant problem: we left leftover in our fridge and they were overtaken by ants overnight.

Very comfortable single room for the money. Good location, nice staff and great laundry service. Would definitely stay again.

I was pretty impressed with the room upon arrival. For $18, I had a large bed, ac, huge tv and a private bathroom. Place was clean, bedding was clean, towels were replaced and room cleaned everyday, even the bathroom was made dry. Location wise, pretty near to all tourist attractions. Staffs were friendly and helpful. Only improvement suggestion, if only we can be served toast bread instead of self service. No complaints so far, definitely will return for another stay if I ever visit HCMC again.

The staff here were extremely friendly and helpful, finding tours for us to really make the most of our time in HCMC. The room was very clean and had reliable air-conditioning and hot water. Like their description says, it's in an alley off of the busy Bui Vien St, so it's close to a lot of great restaurants and night life while still giving you some quiet time and privacy for sleeping. I would highly recommend this hostel for anyone coming to HCMC.

Our experience was great! The hotel was very clean, in a good location, and felt very safe. The staff there is WONDERFUL, they were very friendly and helpful. They booked tours, the AO show tickets (recommended), and also helped us cancel one tour when we decided not to go the night before. Would recommend it!

• 14th May 2015

We had great stay here, in fact extended for an extra night! Great location but tucked down a side alley so really quiet. Staff excellent, good breakfast and comfy beds plus good shower. Excellent value. Also booked tours for us. Only down side was that we booked a triple family room and it had two double beds rather than three beds and only one room key. Be sure to download a map if you are coming from the bus station where the airport bus arrives

As others said, it is hard to find but my taxi driver called the reception and that was no problem. My room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Having breakfast prepared was great, too. The staff spoke good English and we're very helpful. A great value for the money

The staff here were so friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms were cleaned to a high standard. Considering the price was quite cheap I liked the little touches of slippers in the room and extra amenities in the bathroom. The building was nice and quiet at night time but right on the door step of the backpacker area full of bars and restaurants! I would definitely recommend and would stay here again if I was ever in Ho Chi Minh!!

We booked the wrong dates so we ended up staying at the sister hotel, but both hotels were very close and we were told were exactly the same. Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was clean. Overall I would recommend.

The staff here are amazing, especially Nhi! We had already checked out of the hostel to go on an overnight tour of the Mekong River, but when we were dropped back off in HCMC it was at Luan Vu. We had nothing to do for around 2 hours while we were waiting for our next driver to Mui Ne, and Nhi was happy to look after our luggage while we went out for a bit & even let us shower in that time! Best service I've ever had at a hostel!

Great location, on a side street. Lovely staff with very good English. Had a room close to the stairs that was a bit noisy because of that. Otherwise, really liked this place, would definatley stay again.

• 10th Apr 2015

This hostel is situated in the backpacker area but down a side alley. So you get the best of both worlds - a really short walk out to the main thoroughfare but a quiet room for a good night's rest.

This is a fantastic place with really nice staff. They are really helpful (arranged for my transfer to other hotel including free luggage transport) all hassle free, pleasant, efficient and organized. Room was excellent. The place is very clean and there is a safe in the room for extra security. Facilities are good and location very convenient for shopping, night life and excursions. Pleasant and smart place. Aircon and fan working well, wifi strong in the lounge and in the room (5th floor.

Everythings is good but bad wifi connect!!!!