Luan Vu Reviews

35/2 Bui Vien Street, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great location, on a side street. Lovely staff with very good English. Had a room close to the stairs that was a bit noisy because of that. Otherwise, really liked this place, would definatley stay again.

• 10th Apr 2015

This hostel is situated in the backpacker area but down a side alley. So you get the best of both worlds - a really short walk out to the main thoroughfare but a quiet room for a good night's rest.

This is a fantastic place with really nice staff. They are really helpful (arranged for my transfer to other hotel including free luggage transport) all hassle free, pleasant, efficient and organized. Room was excellent. The place is very clean and there is a safe in the room for extra security. Facilities are good and location very convenient for shopping, night life and excursions. Pleasant and smart place. Aircon and fan working well, wifi strong in the lounge and in the room (5th floor.

Everythings is good but bad wifi connect!!!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Awesome stay at Ho Chi Minh City! This hotel is located along the most happening street in District 1, with a vibrant night life just slightly outside the hotel. This hotel may be slightly difficult to find at first, as it is located at an alley. But it is a blessing in disguise, because you can have a quieter environment to sleep in at night! Staffs are really friendly, and are very helpful and detailed in recommending you to various tours that they offer, at a very affordable rate!

Everything was very good! The staff was very helpfull and friendly. The only flaw was that the internet connection was not very fast.

Directions to this location were not good. Location is fine but directions lacking....

Very well located. Clean, rooms look like new. Nice and helpful staff.

Excellent! The place was clean, safe and right in the heart of backpackers central. The staff were brilliant, really helpful and friendly, and were a good source of local knowledge, gave me some good pointers about my onward journey etc

We spent 3 nights in a private double which was nice sized. It was clean except we have an invasion of ants without us having food in there. The staff were friendly especially the girl at the reception who we saw most of the time, she was so helpful! The location was good as there is loads of food options on that street! We also booked a tour with this hostel to the tunnels which was great. The atmosphere was the downside, I'm not sure if it was meant to be a hostel or hotel.

The front desk staff were fantastic! Super helpful and patient with our questions.

Great room, cozy but very clean, well maintained, and decently furnished. Very friendly and helpful staff. Internet works well. Would definitely recommend it!

Good place to stay. My flight was delayed but the staff still waited for me at the airport for my transfer which was helpful as it was very late at night.

Friendly staff!

I was right in booking at Luan Vu. It's clean and it's close to restaurants, parks and night clubs. The staff are also nice and helpful. My only concern is that their pillows have that certain mouldy smell. If I would go back to Ho Chi Minh, I would still stay in Luan Vu

This was the first day in Vietnam for us. It took a long time to get through the custom and finally arrived the hotel. AND! They didn’t have any record of our booking and to make matters worse, hotel was fully booked. They put us a hotel nearby, which was very poor standard. Luan Vu was much better, but unfortunately no compensation was considered. Apart from this problem, the room was nice and fully equipped (fridge, hair dryer, safe, T.V, wifi, air-condition).

Staff were exceptionally nice and extremely helpful (but did forget our alarm call!) Didn't seem to be any hot warm. Looking forward to going back.

Nice hotel hidden in a small alley. Staff was pleasant and spoke good English. Breakfast was basic but good. It's walking distance from the main points of interest. All possible facilities are around. The only small downside was the lack of elevator, ascending to the 4th floor after a long day was a bit hard. But at least we burned some of the fried-noodle-calories :) Bathroom was basic, unseparated shower from toilet, but I guess that's pretty common in VN. It was clean. Would stay here again.

Friendly service, great location and perfect value for money.

• 16th Dec 2014