Luan Vu Reviews

35/2 Bui Vien Street, Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Would definitely recommend going there. Awesome place!

We were hoping for somewhere a bit more social but overall it was very nice and would recommend it to a friend who was looking for something a bit more low key and quiet.

Friendly staff and good value.

When we checked out of the room a very small but important prescription medication fell from my bag. When we returned to pick up our stuff to head to the airport, the cleaning staff had found my medication and the front desk staff greeted me with it the moment we walked through the door. If this medication had not been returned to me I would have had to go to a doctor immediately to have a new prescription written. Very grateful to this wonderful and honest staff.

• 2nd Sep 2015

Really good location, nice breakfast and the sweetest staff. No elevator though.

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Sweden

The hotel entrance is not in the main street and their signboard was very tiny and unnoticeable. It took us almost an hour to look for it only to find out that it was just there. But overall, its a great place. Staffs are very helpful, friendly and they can speak English well. They have a good deal for dollar exchange as they gave higher rates than the money changers outside the street. And they offer free breakfast with unlimited bread. I will come back and will definitely stay here again!

Very well located and very friendly staff. The room was clean and quiet

A clean, friendly hostel, with good air con and did a nice breakfast each morning. It's situated right on Bui Vien street (the main backpacker street) but is down a small side alley so not the easiest to find.

The receptionist was AMAZING!we arrived and there was a problem with our room but they found us another one, gave us water, a moto ride,etc. They understood that we wanted to take local buses and didn't try to sell the open bus, they helped us with the schedules, amazing food, etc. The greatest thing was when we came back to HCMV. We thought we couldn't get to Dalat that night and went to find a room there. They point us to the bus that could take us and let us take a shower!

Great hostel with very helpful staff, and on perfect location.

Could not fault this hotel, absolutely fantastic location on Bùi Viện st, lots of restaurants and bars buzzing with people! Staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful, completely organised our trip to the Chu Chi Tunnels with a great tour company. Rooms were beautiful, spacious, clean, and comfortable.

Quiet little place, very clean and the staff is very helpful. The stairs are very steep so if you think you can't reach the 4th or 5th floor best email them for a room on the first or second floors.

Only stayed one night before heading to the airport, but was nice enough. Good location in the backpacker district, right off the main street. Relatively clean and quiet. No elevator (at least that I saw) if that is an issue for you.

Every Staff was really kind and helpful. BUT there was no lift and lots of ants were in my room.

Clean and friendly, a little expensive but very thing in Ho Chi Minh is.

Niamh (sp.?) at front desk was wonderful! So helpful and kind, we loved her! Great place to stay close to the crazy fun of district 1 but located on a quiet side street. We weren't disrupted by noise at all! Free breakfast was also a plus!

A little difficult to find at first, but an excellent place to stay.

Very poor internet connection Ant problem: we left leftover in our fridge and they were overtaken by ants overnight.

Very comfortable single room for the money. Good location, nice staff and great laundry service. Would definitely stay again.

I was pretty impressed with the room upon arrival. For $18, I had a large bed, ac, huge tv and a private bathroom. Place was clean, bedding was clean, towels were replaced and room cleaned everyday, even the bathroom was made dry. Location wise, pretty near to all tourist attractions. Staffs were friendly and helpful. Only improvement suggestion, if only we can be served toast bread instead of self service. No complaints so far, definitely will return for another stay if I ever visit HCMC again.