Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1977 Total Reviews

I was only there one night, but wish I stayed longer. Ideal location for all the shopping of Bangkok. I originally booked a mixed dorm, but was put in a double which was really nice! The staff were most helpful as I had a late flight and they let me stay there all day and have a shower just before my flight. Overall a very good hostel, great location, great facilities and great staff!

Overall it was a good stay. The strong point of this hostel is cleanliness and helpfulness of the staff. However, 4 bedded rooms are way to small, so be prepared to take your stuff in and out of the locker every 5 minutes. I heard lubd at Silom is a bit better from the point of view location (night life) and has also a fully-fledged bar, which is something missing at Siam Square. Overall a good stay though, even if 15 euros per night is a bit overpriced for Bangkok I reckon.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. Like Thai people in general, the staff are SUPER helpful and friendly. Met some really nice fellow travelers there too. Only negatives are: it is a bit over-priced. I paid just under 500 baht for a room in a dorm, when you can get your own private room at various places near Khao San road for a mere 50-60 baht more; and secondly, the drinks sold by the bar downstairs are very overpriced. Nonetheless, a great place that I would highly recommend.

I left Lub D covered in bites after finding hundreds and hundreds of little black bugs in my bed when I woke up! Disgusting

Dear guest, we are very sorry about the incident. We take this issue most seriously and we can’t accept this to happen at our facility. We had blocked the room that you had stayed, and done the very detail inspection to the room. We will not release this room, or any other rooms for service unless we are confident that it meets our high standard. We will not settle for anything less on this aspect. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, Lub d Management

The hostel is located next to the famous MBK-Center in Bangkok. We booked a private double room and had a shared bathroom which had been no problem because the bathrooms were clean and most of the time we had them for ourselves. One night it had been very noisy but this was probably because of the Queen´s birthday.

Location and staff and cleanliness is great, pricing can be slightly better for city like Bangkok. only suggestion incorporate a cooking facility fridge and microwave in common area as many other hostels have. Also the only negative point was the travel agent sitting in the vicinity , he was charging 3 times for the same tour as other agents in the city.

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and advised us about cooking facilities. We are really want to set up pantry for our guest, but our area is limited,So can not provide this facility for guests, But we believe that you can find good food with good price around here easily. According to the tour price. It depends on tour program some company sold cheaper package, but they do like an optional tour. Anyway we will check from the tour desk if it not reasonable, we will take action seriouly.

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The closest metro station is about 15 minutes walk. We really enjoyed our stayed there !

This is not much an issue for me, but an issue nonetheless, four of us stayed in one mixed dorm-room for three nights and not once did we find our blankets folded, which is an indicator that the rooms were not cleaned during our stay, or they did simply did not opt to fold it. Haha

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Philippines

Dear Guest,We are very sorry to hear that our quality of cleanliness disappointed you. While you stayed with us, there were two possibilities why our maids didn't make guest's bed: one was that a bed was still occupied during their working hours (1100-1400) for in guestrooms, the other was that a bed had lots of guest's belongings lying on. However, because of this findings, we have instructed our maids to make bed and clean the room everyday. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Definitely one of the best hostel I've stated in. The hostel has a great vibe and provides the perfect atmosphere to meet and make friends with the other guests. If you are coming Bangkok and want to meet amazing people this is the place to be.

Convenient location - you can easily take the express train from the airport to Phaya Thai and walk/skytrain to the hostel. We found the common area/open space very enjoyable and the shared bathrooms were one of the nicest I've ever seen. Staff was also very friendly and helpful. Some negatives: I did get eaten alive by mosquitos though but I think it must have been due to the design of the building. Also, our room kind of leaked when it rained. But overall great hostel!

This hostel is really nice. Just one step and you will reach BTS. The staff was really helpful. And the atmosphere was really great

Far too expensive for what is included. $30USD per person for a private double in this area of Bangkok is too much. Breakfast was not included. Facilities were super clean. The travel agent in the hostel was very helpful.

When I arrived in my room I noticed that there were bed bugs in my bed and crawling all around it and on the walls near my bed. I asked if I could switch rooms, and once I got to the new room I noticed it also had a lot of bed bugs, including a dead one right on the top of the "clean" sheet. I went down to reception to talk to the worker about the issue, and instead of helping solve the problem his response was to blame me and say that it must have been me that brought the bugs in.

Dear guest, We are very sorry about the incident and apologize that we disappointed you badly. Although we are confident that we have the most extensive bugs control program at our hostel, we admit that there could be cases sometime. Especially for us, who chose to deal with bugs and insects issue with only the chemicals that are safe and not pose any potential danger to our guests. We thank you very much for staying with us, and we are sorry that you did not have a good stay with us this time

Lub d' is at the center of the brand names shopping universe. Having the BTS station right outside the door adds to its ideal location. The staff are all professional and eager to please. Once you get past the warm smiles at the front desk the structure itself has that warm fuzzy feeling you get from concrete. That's OK. Lub d' is a spotlessly clean, safe & secure, dry place in a city that is anything but. I stay there every time I visit Bangkok.

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square is a cool hostel. The location is so easy to find and have a great access to anywhere since the BTS is in front of the hostel. and more over, it has such a great studio room, helpful staff and a board where you can get a helpful information :)

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

Amazing hostel!!! Easy the best Ive ever stayed in! Rooms, beds, bathroom are perfect. Staff is brilliant, everyone in the reception is so kind, always looking to give their best to help you! Love this hostel ❤

The hostel is good with friendly staffs, but the rooms are quite small. If they serve breakfast for free might be better. Minimal for bread, butter and jam. And they don't clean our room everyday. It was so noisy when the guests was talking each other outside the room on midnight until morning. It was so annoying on sleeping hour. Better to make rules for it so the other guests can sleep well.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Indonesia

Wonderful staff, great location. We met several people who travel often to Bangkok and they always choose this hostel, that means something.

Bed bugs encountered on room 310 where one of my friend got bitten. I killed 2 bed bugs as well. No daily cleaning as well if i am not wrong as bed sheets were as it is. Maybe we are unlucky as the reviews are pretty good overall.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel with amazing showers and the iPod dock is a fantastic idea!