Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1995 Total Reviews

Nothing wrong to say about the place. I would love to be able to stay in such a good hostel each time I travel! Many thanks to the staff. They were incredible nice and useful!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Colombia

Dear Angela, We are very happy to know that you were happy while staying with us! Hope to see you again soon! With a smile and a BIG hug, Lub d Hosts.

Hi, I enjoyed everything at Lb'D except the checking out which was a pain: They had me wait for a loooong time while they checked the room, and I felt the suspected me of having knicked something. It felt very ackward and a great waste of time as I was in a hurry to go to the airport...

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Denmark

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your valuable time to write us a review We are really sorry about the check-out process which it took a long time and made you feel bad about it.Since we have only one night shift maid who need to take care all areas in the hostel so that's why it took long time. Normally when we checking the room after the guest check-out, the main reason is to check that the guest will not forget their belongings.We have to apologize you again. Have a great journey ;)

All the hostel staff at Lub D Bangkok Siam Square are very friendly, warm, polite and nice. Room, bed, bathroom everywhere are clean and comfy. Facility are complete. Lub D Bangkok Siam Square location is very good. Near shopping center such as MBK, Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Central World. Easy to look for public transport such as Taxi, Bus, BTS Sky Train, MRT, Tuk Tuk, etc. Convenience store such as 7/11 is just a few step away.

We loved our stay at lub D! The staff were really friendly and helpful! The atmosphere was perfect but i just have one comment, the lavatory in the rooms was not well thought of since the water leaks from all sides of the sink, going to the floor, when you use it. But over all i love lub d! I'll def go back there

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Philippines

very convenient place. and very clean. especially I feel safe and convenient because the female dormitory area is separate from other place and others cannot enter without key.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Japan

highlyyyy recommen

I loved this place!! Close to the Skytrain (which, btw, is so easy to use) and a few big shopping centres. It was really clean and just what I needed. I will recommend to everyone. The staff are great too!

• 23rd Aug 2013

I had a few reservations about staying in a hostel ,though on arrival these were put to rest.The facilities are great and the staff especially,were outstanding .I apologise if i forget names but Ais,Pook,Fit. Ing ,Wo.Patrick Jojo and Meret made me feel more like a lifelong family friend rather than a first time guest.I have worked in the service industry for 25 years and was completely impressed by their friendliness and professionalism. The location at Siam Sq is very convenient

• 21st Aug 2013

Great time there, and the staff were really friendly.

Lub d's location, security, staff, breakfast, facilities like washer, hair dryer, locker, free wifi, free internet etc. was perfect. I'd like to go Lub d again, if i go to thailand.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

수진님, HostelWorld에 귀하의 평가에 따르면, 고객님 보내주신 편지 잘 받아 보았습니다. 고객님의 따끔한 충고 대단히 감사드립니다. 고객님의 말씀으로 인하여 더욱더 발전해나가는 Lub d Bangkok - Siam Square 되겠습니다. 저희가 더 해드릴 일이 있거나, 개선할 점이 있다면 저희에게 알려주십시오. 항상 좋은 일만 가득하시길 바랍니다. 좋은 하루 되십시오.

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square was a convenient place to stay - it was near the Sky Train that connected one to everything/everyone. Perfect! One thing: washing machines/dryers were off limits after 10pm, a time when most overnight guests were returning to their rooms. We would be out most of the day, shopping, eating, and exploring the city, only to return in the evenings to be told we couldn't use the machines. That was inconvenient, but we learned to get around it.

GOOD LOCATION

I was only there one night, but wish I stayed longer. Ideal location for all the shopping of Bangkok. I originally booked a mixed dorm, but was put in a double which was really nice! The staff were most helpful as I had a late flight and they let me stay there all day and have a shower just before my flight. Overall a very good hostel, great location, great facilities and great staff!

Overall it was a good stay. The strong point of this hostel is cleanliness and helpfulness of the staff. However, 4 bedded rooms are way to small, so be prepared to take your stuff in and out of the locker every 5 minutes. I heard lubd at Silom is a bit better from the point of view location (night life) and has also a fully-fledged bar, which is something missing at Siam Square. Overall a good stay though, even if 15 euros per night is a bit overpriced for Bangkok I reckon.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. Like Thai people in general, the staff are SUPER helpful and friendly. Met some really nice fellow travelers there too. Only negatives are: it is a bit over-priced. I paid just under 500 baht for a room in a dorm, when you can get your own private room at various places near Khao San road for a mere 50-60 baht more; and secondly, the drinks sold by the bar downstairs are very overpriced. Nonetheless, a great place that I would highly recommend.

I left Lub D covered in bites after finding hundreds and hundreds of little black bugs in my bed when I woke up! Disgusting

Dear guest, we are very sorry about the incident. We take this issue most seriously and we can’t accept this to happen at our facility. We had blocked the room that you had stayed, and done the very detail inspection to the room. We will not release this room, or any other rooms for service unless we are confident that it meets our high standard. We will not settle for anything less on this aspect. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, Lub d Management

The hostel is located next to the famous MBK-Center in Bangkok. We booked a private double room and had a shared bathroom which had been no problem because the bathrooms were clean and most of the time we had them for ourselves. One night it had been very noisy but this was probably because of the Queen´s birthday.

Location and staff and cleanliness is great, pricing can be slightly better for city like Bangkok. only suggestion incorporate a cooking facility fridge and microwave in common area as many other hostels have. Also the only negative point was the travel agent sitting in the vicinity , he was charging 3 times for the same tour as other agents in the city.

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and advised us about cooking facilities. We are really want to set up pantry for our guest, but our area is limited,So can not provide this facility for guests, But we believe that you can find good food with good price around here easily. According to the tour price. It depends on tour program some company sold cheaper package, but they do like an optional tour. Anyway we will check from the tour desk if it not reasonable, we will take action seriouly.

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. The closest metro station is about 15 minutes walk. We really enjoyed our stayed there !

This is not much an issue for me, but an issue nonetheless, four of us stayed in one mixed dorm-room for three nights and not once did we find our blankets folded, which is an indicator that the rooms were not cleaned during our stay, or they did simply did not opt to fold it. Haha

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Philippines

Dear Guest,We are very sorry to hear that our quality of cleanliness disappointed you. While you stayed with us, there were two possibilities why our maids didn't make guest's bed: one was that a bed was still occupied during their working hours (1100-1400) for in guestrooms, the other was that a bed had lots of guest's belongings lying on. However, because of this findings, we have instructed our maids to make bed and clean the room everyday. Thank you very much for your feedback.