Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1921 Total Reviews

We had a good time here on our honeymoon. There are lots of cool things nearby. The laundry drier wasn't the best but aside from that, a great facility.

• 7th Jul 2013

Great hostel, clean and with lots of space! Everyday there's activities to do! Great location as well. Though the prices at the bar are a bit more expensive than the convinience store close to it.

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Great location and very clean :) Will definitely stay here again next time!!

I would recommend it to all young people who are looking for a place to stay in bangkok! And old flexible people for that matter..

1st hostel when arriving in Thailand and Bangkok and its perfect for getting used to the country. VERY clean and safe place.. Met a great bunch of people to have drinks with. I must however say the staff is not fully ''honest'' when it comes to pricing for activities and means of transportation (ex: they said 850B for the bus to Chang Mai and at the station they are about 750 and we bargained to 720; on their club night they were supose to pay for the cabs back but didnt) Overall a good place.

Thank you very much for staying with us. we thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for us.For the bus ticket to Chiang Mai, the tour desk staff doesn't get the ticket at a discounted rate but the list price. Their cost is the same as yours. To cover their administration cost and make small profit, they added a small fee on top.We hope that this practice is reasonable.As for the club crawl fee we have reduced the fee and will cover only joining fee (ice-breaking game).

I have no words to describe the smell in the dorm.

• 2nd Jul 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review for us. Your comment on the smell caught us by surprise since we have never had such comment before. We have checked the room when we saw your review but no one detect any unusual smell in the room. From our experience, sometime the smell could come from bags or shoes or food of other guests or even body odor. We will appreciate it if you would help us try to identify its source and then fix the problem.Thank you

This place is like a London towerblock, all concrete, and the four bed dorms are honestly like prison cells.They have tried to be modern and edgy and since I'm over thirty I just didn't get it. The breakfast looked good but I was ill and couldn't face it. I wouldn't choose here again but a HUGE plus about it is that its literally only minutes from MBK the shoppin mall abd not too far from Tesco Lotus. The place was clean unlike some other hostels but it had zero atmosphere.WiFi seemed to work.

Super clean, very quiet but perfect for a good sleep after travelling! Room was lovely and the bathrooms were amazing! Defo worth paying a bit extra for! :-)

• 1st Jul 2013

This is a really good place for the first nights as it is really relaxed, very clean with superb showers and rooms. The staff is very nice and helpful. Unfortuneatly it is located far away from the touristical center ie Kao San Road and getting back in a traffic jam is expensive (well, relatively). One more pub crawl a week would also do it! Was a very warm welcome to my trip in Thailand, thank you!

Returning for the second time ... I wasn't disappointed! I'm looking forward to my next visit.

This hotel caters to the above no-budget traveller. The place is simply put all around nice and in a very convenient location.

• 30th Jun 2013
  • Austria

Surely I am coming back!

Generally the hostel is cool! Nice deco and trendy, just 5mins walk to MBK and right outside National Stadium station. Nothing to complain about however both my partner and i got rashes on our last day at hostel and it got worst when we're back home.. maybe gotta make sure if the hostel can change the sheets daily or something...

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Singapore

Very helpful front desk staff. I was served by Fit when checking out. He took the initiative to keep my "expensive computer equipment" in the staff room instead of leaving them in the usual luggage room. Really appreciate the kind gesture and attention to details coming from a hostel.

Very clean, very good facilities, amazing beds, nice huge lockers, personal bedlights and plugs; free popcorn and a TV room with DVD's if you wanna chill out a bit, free internet in the receptionist. It's pretty huge but still fairly easy to meet people. Staff are friendly and helpful. The area is great for shopping and perfect for getting around as you're right on a BTS station.

Loved this place overall. Excellemt location, excellent staff, yummy breakfast, and free baggage storage! However, a couple of negatives: I have never stayed in a room that did not have a trash bin or a mirror, both of which are necessary for contact lense wearers like myself, and both of which my female dorm here was lacking... and on my second day, my sheets were replaced with new sheets that were dirty and had blood stains on them! Eww..

Everything was great :D Place was cozy and clean and very safety. Most of staff were really eager to help us and everything was so clean and prepared. But it would be good if I can use electricity while I'm out to recharge my cell phone battery. But except that everything was the best!! I hope to be there someday again :D

• 26th Jun 2013
  • South Korea

the location is perfect, very closed to the siam square and the national stadium station.

Loved Lub d

A tad expensive, but located in a great location. Very easy access to the BTS, taxis, and tuk tuks. Very helpful staff. Very clean and plenty of facilities. You can pay for breakfast in the hostel for a good price. A/C in the 4 bed dorm that you can control. I would definitely stay here again.