Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1976 Total Reviews

Everything in this hostel is fantastic , the lobby is a little small , and also crowded which make me feel not very good.all in all , this hostel is a excellent one , i definitely will recommend to my friends.

Thanks for having us again, we had a great stay and look forward to staying again in the future.

The hostel was very nice - it was clean, close to central attractions and had excellent showers. However, the price of a twin room was much higher than in many of the other hostels I stayed in and it felt rather clinical. It was not the best value for money, but might be if you book a dorm room instead.

We booked a four persons room, nice location, but the room is too damp, maybe since the air conditioning. Good overall.

We loved Lub d Siam Square- it was easy to get to from the airport upon arrival after a long flight, and easy to hop on the air train to go anywhere in the city because if the convenient location. The staff was helpful and gave us great city tips. The shared baths were always clean, too. Also, they let you store your luggage for up to sixty days, so if you shop in Bangkok, you don't have to lug it for the rest of your trip- just swing by on your way back to pick up your stuff! Great hostel!

• 18th Jul 2013

hope there are some locks for the lockers in the room. It's not that I don't trust other people, but it is true that it feels unsafe.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

I love that the hostel is centrally located in Bangkok's shopping district and exploring the city is made easy by the fact that the BTS station is right in front. Plenty of places to eat around the area as well. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. I'd also like to thank the housekeeping people for always keeping not just our room but the entire premises tidy. I'd love to stay in Lub D Siam Square again when I come back to Bangkok. Salamat from the Philippines!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Philippines

Great place, really friendly and more like a hotel than a hostel in terms of facilities. But not great for backpackers as its a long way from khao San road

Excellent hostel located in Bangkok. Wonderful location and great staff. Highly suggested. No complaints or concerns, except some of the flooring is a bit uneven and there are no elevators. So, it is not disability friendly.

Helpful staff, great location near shops and opposite National Stadium train station. I thought the place was reasonably clean and modern facilities. Loved the large bunks in the deluxe rooms and air con meant I got a good night's rest.

Basically everything is perfect for me and my mate,but unfortunately one of our roommate doesn't know how to be respectful.We don't know her nationality until the end of day,we try to communicate with her. but she still close the air-con in mid night. When my mate start feeling hot in the room,he turn the air-con on again, but this cute roommate close the air con again. I hope that you all can come out the notice board that dorm room is sharing room. Please share politely with other roommate~ :)

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Malaysia

Great location, friendly staff, amazing price. This hostel betters most regular hotels in the city.

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Philippines

We had a good time here on our honeymoon. There are lots of cool things nearby. The laundry drier wasn't the best but aside from that, a great facility.

• 7th Jul 2013

Great hostel, clean and with lots of space! Everyday there's activities to do! Great location as well. Though the prices at the bar are a bit more expensive than the convinience store close to it.

The best hostel I've ever stayed! Great location and very clean :) Will definitely stay here again next time!!

I would recommend it to all young people who are looking for a place to stay in bangkok! And old flexible people for that matter..

1st hostel when arriving in Thailand and Bangkok and its perfect for getting used to the country. VERY clean and safe place.. Met a great bunch of people to have drinks with. I must however say the staff is not fully ''honest'' when it comes to pricing for activities and means of transportation (ex: they said 850B for the bus to Chang Mai and at the station they are about 750 and we bargained to 720; on their club night they were supose to pay for the cabs back but didnt) Overall a good place.

Thank you very much for staying with us. we thank you for taking your valuable time to write a review for us.For the bus ticket to Chiang Mai, the tour desk staff doesn't get the ticket at a discounted rate but the list price. Their cost is the same as yours. To cover their administration cost and make small profit, they added a small fee on top.We hope that this practice is reasonable.As for the club crawl fee we have reduced the fee and will cover only joining fee (ice-breaking game).

I have no words to describe the smell in the dorm.

• 2nd Jul 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write a review for us. Your comment on the smell caught us by surprise since we have never had such comment before. We have checked the room when we saw your review but no one detect any unusual smell in the room. From our experience, sometime the smell could come from bags or shoes or food of other guests or even body odor. We will appreciate it if you would help us try to identify its source and then fix the problem.Thank you

This place is like a London towerblock, all concrete, and the four bed dorms are honestly like prison cells.They have tried to be modern and edgy and since I'm over thirty I just didn't get it. The breakfast looked good but I was ill and couldn't face it. I wouldn't choose here again but a HUGE plus about it is that its literally only minutes from MBK the shoppin mall abd not too far from Tesco Lotus. The place was clean unlike some other hostels but it had zero atmosphere.WiFi seemed to work.

Super clean, very quiet but perfect for a good sleep after travelling! Room was lovely and the bathrooms were amazing! Defo worth paying a bit extra for! :-)

• 1st Jul 2013