Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1989 Total Reviews

Far too expensive for what is included. $30USD per person for a private double in this area of Bangkok is too much. Breakfast was not included. Facilities were super clean. The travel agent in the hostel was very helpful.

When I arrived in my room I noticed that there were bed bugs in my bed and crawling all around it and on the walls near my bed. I asked if I could switch rooms, and once I got to the new room I noticed it also had a lot of bed bugs, including a dead one right on the top of the "clean" sheet. I went down to reception to talk to the worker about the issue, and instead of helping solve the problem his response was to blame me and say that it must have been me that brought the bugs in.

Dear guest, We are very sorry about the incident and apologize that we disappointed you badly. Although we are confident that we have the most extensive bugs control program at our hostel, we admit that there could be cases sometime. Especially for us, who chose to deal with bugs and insects issue with only the chemicals that are safe and not pose any potential danger to our guests. We thank you very much for staying with us, and we are sorry that you did not have a good stay with us this time

Lub d' is at the center of the brand names shopping universe. Having the BTS station right outside the door adds to its ideal location. The staff are all professional and eager to please. Once you get past the warm smiles at the front desk the structure itself has that warm fuzzy feeling you get from concrete. That's OK. Lub d' is a spotlessly clean, safe & secure, dry place in a city that is anything but. I stay there every time I visit Bangkok.

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square is a cool hostel. The location is so easy to find and have a great access to anywhere since the BTS is in front of the hostel. and more over, it has such a great studio room, helpful staff and a board where you can get a helpful information :)

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Indonesia

Amazing hostel!!! Easy the best Ive ever stayed in! Rooms, beds, bathroom are perfect. Staff is brilliant, everyone in the reception is so kind, always looking to give their best to help you! Love this hostel ❤

The hostel is good with friendly staffs, but the rooms are quite small. If they serve breakfast for free might be better. Minimal for bread, butter and jam. And they don't clean our room everyday. It was so noisy when the guests was talking each other outside the room on midnight until morning. It was so annoying on sleeping hour. Better to make rules for it so the other guests can sleep well.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Indonesia

Wonderful staff, great location. We met several people who travel often to Bangkok and they always choose this hostel, that means something.

Bed bugs encountered on room 310 where one of my friend got bitten. I killed 2 bed bugs as well. No daily cleaning as well if i am not wrong as bed sheets were as it is. Maybe we are unlucky as the reviews are pretty good overall.

• 27th Jul 2013
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Dear guest, we are very sorry about the incident. We take this issue most seriously and we can’t accept this to happen at our facility. We had blocked the room that you had stayed, and done the very detail inspection to the room. We will not release this room, or any other rooms for service unless we are confident that it meets our high standard. We will not settle for anything less on this aspect. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Sincerely, Lub d Management

Great hostel with amazing showers and the iPod dock is a fantastic idea!

Awesome location for a super cheap price. Staff were friendly but nothing about the place was over-the-top. Had a BLAST at the Friday night pub crawl!

Everything in this hostel is fantastic , the lobby is a little small , and also crowded which make me feel not very good.all in all , this hostel is a excellent one , i definitely will recommend to my friends.

Thanks for having us again, we had a great stay and look forward to staying again in the future.

The hostel was very nice - it was clean, close to central attractions and had excellent showers. However, the price of a twin room was much higher than in many of the other hostels I stayed in and it felt rather clinical. It was not the best value for money, but might be if you book a dorm room instead.

We booked a four persons room, nice location, but the room is too damp, maybe since the air conditioning. Good overall.

We loved Lub d Siam Square- it was easy to get to from the airport upon arrival after a long flight, and easy to hop on the air train to go anywhere in the city because if the convenient location. The staff was helpful and gave us great city tips. The shared baths were always clean, too. Also, they let you store your luggage for up to sixty days, so if you shop in Bangkok, you don't have to lug it for the rest of your trip- just swing by on your way back to pick up your stuff! Great hostel!

• 18th Jul 2013

hope there are some locks for the lockers in the room. It's not that I don't trust other people, but it is true that it feels unsafe.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • South Korea

I love that the hostel is centrally located in Bangkok's shopping district and exploring the city is made easy by the fact that the BTS station is right in front. Plenty of places to eat around the area as well. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. I'd also like to thank the housekeeping people for always keeping not just our room but the entire premises tidy. I'd love to stay in Lub D Siam Square again when I come back to Bangkok. Salamat from the Philippines!

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Philippines

Great place, really friendly and more like a hotel than a hostel in terms of facilities. But not great for backpackers as its a long way from khao San road

Excellent hostel located in Bangkok. Wonderful location and great staff. Highly suggested. No complaints or concerns, except some of the flooring is a bit uneven and there are no elevators. So, it is not disability friendly.

Helpful staff, great location near shops and opposite National Stadium train station. I thought the place was reasonably clean and modern facilities. Loved the large bunks in the deluxe rooms and air con meant I got a good night's rest.