Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1917 Total Reviews

I actually changed to the Silom lub d because of the protests. The hostel sent me an email explaining the situation and askuing if i would like to change to the other lub d. Best hostel i've ever stayed. Awesome staff, great bathroom and rooms. Met so many awesome people there! The location was very good too! In bkk all u really need is a sky train near by.

Nice choice in Bangkok , excelent atmosphere, good bed, close to sky train station.

Staff went beyond there way to help you with any information about the city. I arrived at the times when the protest were happening and there was one just down the road rom the hostel. But they had maps telling me which areas to avoid and advised us to be back in the hostel by nightfall. The security in the hostel was tight and I felt at all times safe.

Recommended

Only stayed one night before transferring to the Silom Lub d because of the protests. This hostel was pretty nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful, made it very easy for us to switch our booking over. The hostel was a bit noisy; from my room I could hear a lot of activity from inside and out of the hostel. Otherwise, good place to stay, very prime location, 1 minute from the Sky Train.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your rating and comments about us. And kindly accept our apologize. Your feedback helps us improve our service for our guests. We appreciate your help. We have plan to equip a silencer to reduce noise. Moreover, if there is anything we could do to make your next visit more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know too. Once again thank you and we do hope we could have another opportunity to serve you on your next vacation in Bangkok.

So comfortable, good location :)

• 18th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

Great little rooms and a quirky hostel. We were there during the protests in Bangkok so difficult to understand what the location is like without all the commotion! Very close to the BTS stop though so easy to get around. Staff were helpful when asking for information on how to get around.

We arrived in the middle of the Bangkok protests and the hostel was close to know of the main sites. However this didn't stop us been able to get around the skytrain as perfectly located next to the stadium stop. Not much 'traveller' atmosphere but we did stay in a double private which was very safe and clean. Would stay again.

We loved the accommodations. The area was perfect and the staff went above and beyond in all areas, including the high standards of cleanliness. The only downside were the protests that happened right outside our door!

• 12th Jan 2014

Very good location and rooms. The atmosphere was very quiet and peaceful. Not if you are looking for a party hostel.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

I think the hostel is very popular place with good atmosphere among the backpackers. nice cleanliness, pretty places, cozy beds, and kind staffs... but the price was a little bit high among the bangkok's many hostels. near the Siam square (many shopping malls are there), and very easy to find just near the National Stadium station. so good to stay in safety and warm atmosphere.

Enjoued staying here. Brilliantly handed for skytrain to various locations being opposite the National Stadium and walking distance into Siam square malls. so pleased we are using again when passing through bangkok next week

Friendliest staff award! Plagued them with questions every morning on places to go in Bangkok, around Siam square, and visiting Pattaya island and they were super helpful. Remarkably clean bathrooms, strong showers, we were in heaven! Downstairs lounge & outdoors are ambient, watch for mosquitoes. Dorms also very clean and comfortable. Main hostel area is open air so can get a bit humid. Decent hostel breakfast, or cross the road for delicious street food markets! Loved vibrant Siam sq area.

I was sick on my last day with food poisoning and was puking and having a diarrhea for the entire day. The cleaner maid took efforts to change clean sheets for my bed and even helped to carry my laundered clothes all the way to my dormitory.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Great location, awesome staff and excellent rooms. My friend and I stayed in a private room and loved it. The front desk staff was super helpful with all questions we had.

I loved staying here! The hostel is close to some really good shopping and the staff is friendly and helpful. I also liked that you can easily meet new people here and grab a beer with other travellers outside the hostel.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Norway

We enjoyed our stay at the Lub d Bangkok Siam Square very much. The hostel is very clean and the stuff are always helpfull and very friendly. The hostel is located at the Siam Square, where you can find a couple of big shopping malls. Continental breakfast was cheap and a good start in the day!

• 4th Jan 2014

I stayed twice in that hostel and only because of the location as I am familiar with Siam Square area from my previous visit to Bangkok! The hostel is next to the popular shopping mall, MBK, and right next to the skytrain (BTS) National Stadium Station it's SUPER clean actually it's one of the cleanest hostel I've been to, they make up the room and the bed everyday and the bathroom is spotlessly clean which is great The staff are helpful and polite but not friendly and one of them gave me wrong i

The hostel is nice, very clean and basically new. The location is quite good, however every night we needed to take a taxi to go out because is not so many place in this area where you can go for a party.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Poland

The rooms and facilities are very clean, the staff is very nice but professional. For instance, when you leave your luggage after checking out you need to tag it with your name. The staff checks is your tag is the same as the tag on your bag, this way you know, your stuff is safe

• 3rd Jan 2014