Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1976 Total Reviews

I made use of the left luggage service and left my laptop and big suitcase there for 4 weeks. Came back to find it safely locked away and no problems. :) They organised a night out which was ideal to meet new people - otherwise can be tricky unless you're used to chatting to strangers! It was my first hostel in my first solo backpacking trip so the shock to the system wasn't too bad due to the hotel-like layout. Bangkok is crazy, so it was nice to have the safe haven of Lub D!

A bit pricey, but a great modern hostel in a very central location. Easy to get to from the airport, easy to use the trains to get around, and the staff were very helpful.

I really liked the place. My wife and I are a bit older (really a lot older) than the average of most of the clients but we never felt out of place or shunned. The room we had was very comfortable and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 10th Nov 2013

Everything was good except the AC was too noisy and we couln't sleep well

Great location and friendly staff. Everything was so clean! I just had the most comfortable stay at this place and i'd highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling alone in Bangkok! The common area was a great place to meet people. Also, the bed was super comfy and the bathroom was very satisfactory. I almost always stay at hotels, not hostels, but this place was definitely worth the visit!!

Staff very helpfull and kind.very clean and the facilities is excellent. Will stay here again in future.

• 7th Nov 2013
  • Malaysia

Very friendly and helpful staff. Perfect place to stay in Bangkok.

• 6th Nov 2013

The staff are so friendly and helpful, they make this hostel a great place to stay. Nice laid-back atmosphere.

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Very cosy place with friendly staff. Stayed for 2 nights and room was cleaned pretty well. Location was a little hidden partly cos it was next to a hotel (Ibis something I think) but it's next to the National Stadium BTS Station and near shopping places like MBK and Platinum. Didn't have a lift but if you're carrying a backpack I reckon it shouldn't be much of a problem.

If the hostel provide the kitchen will be 110% perfect

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Very clean and good facilities, staff were very welcoming, would definately stay there again.

Staff were excelent. facilites very good. the building is clean, new and modern it's about 15 mins in a tuk tuk to Khao San which is botha good and a bad thing in itself. It makes the place more peacefull but on the other hand getting a tuk tuk is quite unpleasant

This is my first time staying in a dorm, and I instantly like it. Lub D has a choice of female dorm which suitable for me and provides a very nice, clean and comfortable bathroom area. It's strategic location near exit of National Stadium BTS made me commute easily around Bangkok.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

This was my first stay in a true hostel, and I loved it. We stayed in a mixed dorm. The room was small but had everything we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable. The hot showers were awesome. Even the breakfast was good, especially the coffee! The location in Siam Square was convenient, as it was right next to a Sky Train stop. Siam Square would be especially good for those interested in shopping, which I was not. Best of all was the staff at Lub D and the cool atmosphere. I recommend!

Lub D Siam square is a fine hostel. The location is great: close to MBK with its discount shopping and various food courts. The staff was well informed and very helpful. Sitting on the patio with a beer late at night, watching Bangkok's endless traffic is entertaining. The theater studios a few minutes away put on outdoor performances that are fun to watch, even though the dialogue is in Thai. I stayed in the women only section and was quite comfortable. By the way, I am 77.

• 1st Nov 2013

My only comment is that I wish guests are allowed to bring iron into the room. dont mind paying for deposit for that. just think it's more convenient than having to do downstairs each time (especially those who keep buying clothes that need ironing. ;) Other than that, it was a wonderful stay for me and my friends, strategic location, helpful staffs (and the movie room was great) and I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends.

There was a mixup with my reservation for the last night, they had me checking out a day before my flight. They figured it out, and even tho' they had a "fully booked" sign on the desk they were able to let me keep my bed for one more night. They went over and beyond to make my first time in Thailand, and in Bangkok smooth and comfortable.

It was great that he hostel staff let us make use of their facilities (theatre room, bathrooms, wifi) past our check out time (midday) due to our bus departure at 6pm. We really appreciated it as it was our first stop after a very exhausting flight.

• 29th Oct 2013

The best hostel I stayed at by a country mile. Everybody was friendly and the rooms were sooo comfortable! Close to shopping centres and the train station! Will be coming back for another visit!

Lub d is an incredibly well run hostel. The facilities are absolutely state of the art: keycards & sensors, super modern & clean bathrooms, great rooms, well furnished common area. It's absolutely top notch! It's probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in (out of the 10 or so counties I've visited in my travels). The price for the private room was slightly expensive, but well worth the price. Atmosphere was generally nice and staff was helpful and polite.