Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

1990 Total Reviews

If the hostel provide the kitchen will be 110% perfect

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Very clean and good facilities, staff were very welcoming, would definately stay there again.

Staff were excelent. facilites very good. the building is clean, new and modern it's about 15 mins in a tuk tuk to Khao San which is botha good and a bad thing in itself. It makes the place more peacefull but on the other hand getting a tuk tuk is quite unpleasant

This is my first time staying in a dorm, and I instantly like it. Lub D has a choice of female dorm which suitable for me and provides a very nice, clean and comfortable bathroom area. It's strategic location near exit of National Stadium BTS made me commute easily around Bangkok.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

This was my first stay in a true hostel, and I loved it. We stayed in a mixed dorm. The room was small but had everything we needed. The beds were clean and comfortable. The hot showers were awesome. Even the breakfast was good, especially the coffee! The location in Siam Square was convenient, as it was right next to a Sky Train stop. Siam Square would be especially good for those interested in shopping, which I was not. Best of all was the staff at Lub D and the cool atmosphere. I recommend!

Lub D Siam square is a fine hostel. The location is great: close to MBK with its discount shopping and various food courts. The staff was well informed and very helpful. Sitting on the patio with a beer late at night, watching Bangkok's endless traffic is entertaining. The theater studios a few minutes away put on outdoor performances that are fun to watch, even though the dialogue is in Thai. I stayed in the women only section and was quite comfortable. By the way, I am 77.

• 1st Nov 2013

My only comment is that I wish guests are allowed to bring iron into the room. dont mind paying for deposit for that. just think it's more convenient than having to do downstairs each time (especially those who keep buying clothes that need ironing. ;) Other than that, it was a wonderful stay for me and my friends, strategic location, helpful staffs (and the movie room was great) and I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends.

There was a mixup with my reservation for the last night, they had me checking out a day before my flight. They figured it out, and even tho' they had a "fully booked" sign on the desk they were able to let me keep my bed for one more night. They went over and beyond to make my first time in Thailand, and in Bangkok smooth and comfortable.

It was great that he hostel staff let us make use of their facilities (theatre room, bathrooms, wifi) past our check out time (midday) due to our bus departure at 6pm. We really appreciated it as it was our first stop after a very exhausting flight.

• 29th Oct 2013

The best hostel I stayed at by a country mile. Everybody was friendly and the rooms were sooo comfortable! Close to shopping centres and the train station! Will be coming back for another visit!

Lub d is an incredibly well run hostel. The facilities are absolutely state of the art: keycards & sensors, super modern & clean bathrooms, great rooms, well furnished common area. It's absolutely top notch! It's probably the nicest hostel I've stayed in (out of the 10 or so counties I've visited in my travels). The price for the private room was slightly expensive, but well worth the price. Atmosphere was generally nice and staff was helpful and polite.

If you're looking for a hostel that's affordable, clean and accessible to public transpo, LubdB is worth it. If ever I go to Bangkok again, I'll definitely stay in this hostel again.

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Philippines

The hostel was super-clean, staff were really friendly and it's so easy to find once you come out the MTR station. Great if you want somewhere to stay that's easy to get to after your flight, really close to Siam Square, Siam Paragon if you fancy some shopping. The communal area is right next to reception and isn't very big so isn't the best place for meeting other travellers but it's a good starting location before moving on to other hostels.

• 25th Oct 2013

Lively ambience, clean environment, friendly staff, excellent location to get to most places from - will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Bangkok.

Good staffs and good atmosphere. Just one thing that i want to mention is the size of each dom romm. It was small gor 4 people even for women, but exept this this hostel is totally excellent.

• 21st Oct 2013
  • South Korea

The hostel was very modern and clean. The facilities were great. I felt abit isolated from everyone else being in a double room for a few night. There isn't much info about sights etc. They do have a tour desk thats really helpful if you want to book a tour through them. But there isn't much general info about what to see in Bangkok. The sky train is right next to the Hostel.The staff were nice wen you asked questions. Th gir that checked me in was great, providing a map of Bangkok and the wifi

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in the world, and will atay again. The only negative I would say if you are looking for a travellers vibe and fun people to meet you won't find it here, but for what I was looking for, somewhere really clean and comfortable, then this place was perfect!

Second time at this hostel and again I love it! Wifi works great in the dorms, big lockers, amazing showers, right next to BTS station and shopping malls.

Really nice and helpful staff. Very clean and the the people there are great. Easy to socialise :)

Amazing location for ease of getting to and from airport - only costs 65baht! Right next to MBK and Siam area so plenty to do. Have to get taxi or tuk tuk to koh San rd though.... Room was excellent and the whole hostel was spotless, very clean.

• 15th Oct 2013