Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

Great Hostel, great location, great staff. During our travels in Thailand we stayed at Lub'd three times and it was always very nice. Very clean!

• 8th Mar 2014

Awesome. Nothing to complain. Good beds with air con, lockers in the room. Everything clean. Shared bathrooms very nice and clean. Perfectly located and connected. Plus, every tuk tuk guy knows where the hotel is. Great staff, very polite and helpful. Good common areas. Wifi everywhere and laundry machines. Perfect in every sense.

First hostel i had stayed in, in Thailand. Found it very clean, safe and well located. Staff are willing to help.

• 4th Mar 2014

Its a really cool place,nice and clean,good location ,five mins walking from all the big shopping mall and right outside the sky train station,stuff were so friendly and helpful,love everything there:-)

Nothin more to say cuz this accomodation was the best

I've always enjoyed staying at the Lub D hostels. There are some things to note though during this time while the protests are happening. This location is directly across from where the protesters sleep and where the streets are blocked off. Overall it was safe. Should you want to arrive by taxi, it is highly unlikely that the taxi will be able to make it there as the road is blocked off. Also, my room was particularly mildewy this time which that combined with AC, got me sick.

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us. According to mildew problem we have a plan to setup fans in all Ladies dormitory for air ventilation to solve that mildew problem. We hope to see you again next time! Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager & The Gang

AMAZING HOSTEL! Definitely one of the best ones I've ever stayed in. I was originally at the Siam Square location but was moved because of the riots. The facilities here are amazing, the bathrooms are SO clean and huge, and although I didn't go on them, I've heard the weekly pub crawls are great too. The staff is extremely helpful too! Would definitely stay here again.

Loved my experience here. It was perfect for myself and my two other friends.

• 18th Feb 2014

Nice hostel, very clean facilities, hot shower. Nothing to complain. I'd come back definitely.

near BTS National Stadium,but was blocked by the assembly.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • China

I actually changed to the Silom lub d because of the protests. The hostel sent me an email explaining the situation and askuing if i would like to change to the other lub d. Best hostel i've ever stayed. Awesome staff, great bathroom and rooms. Met so many awesome people there! The location was very good too! In bkk all u really need is a sky train near by.

Nice choice in Bangkok , excelent atmosphere, good bed, close to sky train station.

Staff went beyond there way to help you with any information about the city. I arrived at the times when the protest were happening and there was one just down the road rom the hostel. But they had maps telling me which areas to avoid and advised us to be back in the hostel by nightfall. The security in the hostel was tight and I felt at all times safe.

Recommended

Only stayed one night before transferring to the Silom Lub d because of the protests. This hostel was pretty nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful, made it very easy for us to switch our booking over. The hostel was a bit noisy; from my room I could hear a lot of activity from inside and out of the hostel. Otherwise, good place to stay, very prime location, 1 minute from the Sky Train.

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your rating and comments about us. And kindly accept our apologize. Your feedback helps us improve our service for our guests. We appreciate your help. We have plan to equip a silencer to reduce noise. Moreover, if there is anything we could do to make your next visit more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know too. Once again thank you and we do hope we could have another opportunity to serve you on your next vacation in Bangkok.

Great little rooms and a quirky hostel. We were there during the protests in Bangkok so difficult to understand what the location is like without all the commotion! Very close to the BTS stop though so easy to get around. Staff were helpful when asking for information on how to get around.

We arrived in the middle of the Bangkok protests and the hostel was close to know of the main sites. However this didn't stop us been able to get around the skytrain as perfectly located next to the stadium stop. Not much 'traveller' atmosphere but we did stay in a double private which was very safe and clean. Would stay again.

We loved the accommodations. The area was perfect and the staff went above and beyond in all areas, including the high standards of cleanliness. The only downside were the protests that happened right outside our door!

• 12th Jan 2014

Very good location and rooms. The atmosphere was very quiet and peaceful. Not if you are looking for a party hostel.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

I think the hostel is very popular place with good atmosphere among the backpackers. nice cleanliness, pretty places, cozy beds, and kind staffs... but the price was a little bit high among the bangkok's many hostels. near the Siam square (many shopping malls are there), and very easy to find just near the National Stadium station. so good to stay in safety and warm atmosphere.