Lub d Bangkok Siam Square Reviews

925/9 Rama 1 Rd., Wangmai, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

1989 Total Reviews

A super nice hostel with comfortably beds.

Thank you for a great stay. First time in Thailand and this hostel and it's staff were great. A little out the ways if we wanted to visit Kao San Road but this worked in its favour. Quiet, Safe and only 50Thb from the centre by Taxi Meter.

Clean rooms and good facilities provided. The location is great! Near many big shopping malls. Very convenient for transportation since BTS is in front of the door! Security 24hrs provided, key card scanning. The staffs are nice and friendly, giving you a warm welcome. Many room types for choosing; dorm or private.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Lub D is a fantastic hostel. My boyfriend and I stayed in a Deluxe Private, and it ended up being more like a modern boutique hotel. I loved the shower and they even had a hairdryer in the room, making me very happy. The staff was also top notch. Our overnight bus ended up getting to Bangkok early, so they let us check in early at 8am, well before the noon check in time. This was a lifesaver, since we were able to then shower and relax for a bit before starting the day. Also one of the nights

I usually stay at Lub'd Silom cause Keith works there and he is the best hostel host in all of Thailand.!!This time however i had to stay at Siam as i booked late and there was no room at Silom. The hostel itself is great,and if you want to shop it is in the perfect location right next to MBK and other Malls,but there was no backpacker atmosphere AT ALL,and the staff were unhelpful and unengaged with the guests which was a massive disappointment.I only stayed 1 night and then went to Silom Lub'd

Dear Guest, Thank you for coming back and stay at Lub d again! We apologize for our staff made you feel unhappy during your stay. We will take this issue most seriously because staff service is a key of our business. Anyway we will have training session for our staff lead by Keith. Thank you for writing us a review. And we hope to see you again. Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager & The Gang

Awesome place! Its in a great location for shopping and accessing lots of tourist sites. I'd highly recommend the cooking class that they offer, it was great fun and the food was delicious! The hostel itself was super clean and everyone was really friendly. Overall I'd highly recommend this place.

• 1st Aug 2014

It is already our second stay in Bangkok and we decided to repeat in Lub d because of the positive experience last year. And most probably we will come back whenever we stay in Bangkok.

Amazing staff, real clean facilities. AC works really good, wifi also works inside the dorm. I stayed for 3 nights in a mix dorm. I was very unlucky however, I got bunked with 2 tag team snorers. (It should be mandatory to get a private room when you snore like a run away train, just my 2cents) There's a lot of family tourist that stay here, didn't see much westerners but there was no shortage of the big group of Chinese tourist. I personally wouldn't go back. Not recommended for Solo Travelers

Dear Guest, We sorry to hear that you were not convenience during your stay. Sometime when you stay in the dorm that problem could happen, we can feel that, So if you have a chance to come back next time please e-mail to us to get a private room, So we will give you some discount. (contact.siam@lubd.com) We hope to have chance to welcoming again. Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager & The gang

This was a nice hostel, like any hostel is down to luck who your dorm mates are - but at least the bed was comfy and each persons space was well thought out (although a curtain around the bed would go a long way to help). Plenty of people about if you want to make some friends for while you stay. All the facilities were clean and in good working order. The staff were friendly. The location is close to public transport. Cant see why any reasonable person would be disappointed in this hostel.

• 18th Jul 2014

Great hostel with a cinema room, very friendly staff, and a great bar at the ground floor. The dorm and private rooms are amazing. Worth paying the price but pricier compared to other hostels in Bangkok. Yet, worth paying the extra money. Not in Khaosan Road but right next to the BTS station and very convenient. Also, very clean throughout. Would come back! Recommend to anyone who don't want to stay on Khaosan Road but a convenient hostel.

Really nice hostel. They have electronic key cards to access the dorm area and your individual room, so it feels very safe. There are individual lockers in each room, but note that they don't quite hold a backpack and the hole for the lock isn't quite large enough for a padlock. The siam square area isn't that exciting, just a bunch of malls, but the easy access to the sky train makes getting around very easy. I found the social atmosphere mixed, some days better than others.

Very nice up-market hostel. If you want to stay in a hostel but with the comfort of a hotel then this is a great choice. Only issue I had was that the air-conditioner was a little bit noisy.

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and spend your time for writing us a review. We will send our handyman to check and solve this problem right away. We hope to see you again next time. Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager

Unhelpful staff

Dear Guest, We are so sorry to hear that or staff service were disappointed you. We will investigate what was a problem and will solve it right away or if you can help us by e-mail to cotact.siam@lubd.com for more detail or my e-mail directly (will send it to you) . It would be really useful. Thank you for your comment and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Wasin(JoJo) Hostel Manager

I loved choosing the Lubb D, very clean, good bed, nice to make friends!

• 25th Jun 2014

Dear Guest, We are happy to hear that you love choosing Lub d!! We are love to serve you too!! :) Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager

It's a very nice ! my best place !

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Stephenkim
  • South Korea

This is my probably the 5th or 6th time staying here. It is still as great! The staffs are friendly and helpful. As usual, I arrived after midnight, there're staff around the clock at the front desk. Grateful!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Thank you for staying with us we are happy to hear that you stayed with us many times. We looking forward to welcoming you for the 7th :) Wasin (JoJo) Hostel Manager

Loved it here! So clean compared to other hostels. Definitely worth the money!

Perfect location as it is close to the large shopping malls and right next to the Skytrain. The hostel is pricey but worth the splurge for location and facilities. A little bit quiet at the moment so it was hard to meet people as a solo (I booked it bc it was supposed to be a big party/social hostel, but not a lot going on at the time).

This is a modern hostel with excellent amenities and comfortable beds. The lounge is a great place to escape and relax after a long day. It would help if there was a guide on how to use the TV/DVD player. The communal and internet area is a bit bland and lifeless, but provides a decent area to meet people and relax. The staff need to work on their customer service skills and werent very knowledgable about the surrounding area. The tour operator hovever, was excellent. Overall a great hostel.

Personally prefer this one then the one in Silom, staff really friendly, great location if you want to shop.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4