Lub d Bangkok Silom Reviews

4 Decho Road Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Best hostel in Bangkok! Super sociable by the end of my 3rd day our group was 13 people strong with all of us being solo travellers. Staff are incredible, rooms and facilities clean. Decent wifi except Instagram doesn't work on iPhones. Works on android, windows for some reason. Stay at this hostel!!

I've stayed at both Lub d's in Bangkok several times- one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

Really enjoyed my time at this hostel- very friendly atmosphere and easy to meet people with the common bar area. Only issue is location- a ferry taxi or taxi away from the centre (so not far!) but if I'd been staying here longer might have been a bit of a money eater. Facilities are really good- very secure and also very clean! Lovely showers which were a godsend after being soaked for the Songkran festivities. Would recommend this hostel.

The hostel was really clean and modern, great bathroom facilities. I was travelling alone and it was so easy to meet other people at the hostel. Everyone was friendly. The staff were really helpful. I would definitely book it again when travelling to Bangkok. You should too I guarantee you'll have the best experience there!

Works hard to create a good atmosphere and definitely is run very efficiently! Aesthetically though, the rooms and bathrooms could use way more lighting and multiple of the individual outlets beside the beds were broken.

Very nice hostel! nice area and very kind and helpful staff

Loved this place. Rooms nice and clean, beds comfy and your own plug and light. Bathrooms were big, lots of showers. Nice touches like free popcorn! Good location for sky train and getting to the river. Staff were really helpful too. Met some other travellers too - good common area.

It's a really good place to stay and if you travel alone you can meet other travelers as well.It was clean,and full of good energy.And also info desk helps a lot.

Really lovely hostel. Very clean with amazing showers and really good AC. It was just at bit difficult directly taxis to get us back there.

Overrated

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Sudan

The staff was one of the highlights of our stay. Always smiling. Always cleaning or helping guests. Our fellow guests at times were a bit rowdy and "drunk," but we can't fault Lub d for that. Our room was a bit small as far a storage space goes, but overall, our stay at Lub d was good enough we would stay there again in the future.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Everything was spot on the aircon worked perfectly, the room was always cleaned as was the bathroom. Which was also always stocked with paper towels and toilet paper. There was free popcorn and crisps and board games in the common room which was a nice touch.

• 1st Apr 2015

excellent; thank you

In 4 years I stayed in Lub D in 3 different occasions. Its one of my favorite hostels. The rooms are super clean and the whole place has a nice design and a good feeling to it.

They advertise as having cafe & bar. Cafe consisted of 2 frozen heated meals available & some toast/cereal/bananas. Bar is a few available cocktails & overpriced beer sold only certain hours of the day. Staff was horrendous, rude, unhelpful, they don't care about trying to be accommodating one bit. Paid to stay 6 nights, left early & they would not refund. Wanted to leave so bad that I booked elsewhere & paid for a room here that I didn't use. Went to Bodega instead, much better accommodations.

The perfect way to end off my SEA trip. The staff remembered me from when I first stayed here in January and asked me how my trip had been. Great facilities and a stellar atmosphere (although a bit quieter than in Jan) were the usual again. When I come back to SEA I'll stay here again for sure.

windows are not be able to open and our room was stinky, yes clean but stinky. AC is a bit loud,other things are all fine.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • China

i stayed at lub d a couple of times and i felt always like coming home. the stuff is very nice and helpful especially the girl who is sitting at the desk in the lobby helped me so much to plan my trip. when i will be the next time in bkk i will always stay again in this lovely hostel!!!

This hostel values cleanliness A LOT. When I was hanging out in the common room quite a lot, the staff can be seen cleaning up the place every few hours. I am not even sure hotels are capable of doing that. I am really impressed by the diligent and good attitude of staff to serve their guests. Location is a little poor (10 minutes walk away from the nearest metro station). Hey, it's a hostel after all right. Will definitely stay here again in the future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7