Lub d Bangkok Silom Reviews

4 Decho Road Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Some of the check in staff were really off putting, nothing particularly but not very friendly and made us feel as if we were a bit of a hassle. Would be great if there were some kitchen facilities, but not a huge issue, it's so cheap to eat that it wasn't a problem.

Lub d staff have been very helpful. My debit card was lost I needed to get a new card shipped to the hostel. The staff went out of their way to help me out! Facilities were nice and clean, great bathrooms.

• 28th Jun 2015

Freindly staff and atmosphere with no issues

• 23rd Jun 2015

The hostel facilities were brilliant but the staff let it down a bit. Quite a few of them were very unhelpful, almost to the point of being rude. We also paid 200baht for a 'club crawl' only to get in one of the pre-arranged taxis and never see anyone else on the club crawl again, and we were refused a refund when we asked.

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed ourselves. It's a new building with a nice private double room with bathroom. Within walking distance to cool places and food. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

Ok. Not bad, not that good.

-Awesome atmosphere to meet up with other backpackers - they host a great pub crawl night. -Solid common areas that allow for socialization and relaxing, if wanted -Facilities are sparkling clean and modern -Best hostel I've ever stayed in, by far.

• 17th Jun 2015

Great hostel with helpful staff and a good environment. Perfect location; close to 7-11, walking distance to food market, and a cheap taxi ride away from everything. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Great place to meet friendly travelers especially if traveling alone. Comfortable beds, air con and lockers to lock up your stuff. Definitely would stay here again if I'm in Bangkok.

Fantastic place I would definitely stay there again.

Only place to stay inBangkok as far as we're concerned. Wanna live here.

We loved our stay! The hostel is more beautiful in person than it was in the pictures! The bathrooms were great, and the staff were very helpful to us! Anytime we had a question, someone could answer it, and they gave great recommendations. The only small complaint we had was that taxi drivers found it difficult to locate the hostel, so we had them take us to the BTS station that was close. ABSOLUTELY STAY HERE! I can't wait to go back.

Great facilities, plenty of people there. Most are either starting, or finishing their journeys through the rest of SE Asia. Good location if you're gay as the bars are a short walking distance to there.

This was the perfect place to stay as a jumping off point to explore around Bangkok. We stayed in two of the nights because we had early mornings, but easily hopped onto a pub crawl for one of the nights. All of the staff are extremely helpful and friendly at all hours. In addition, we enjoyed everyone in our bunk room! Mind you, this is a social hostel, so if you are an early sleeper, make sure to bring ear plugs and eye shades, since your bunk mates will probably come in late after a night out

Great hostel. Very clean and conveniently close to the sky train. Average social atmosphere depending on when you are there. The one thing that really bothered me was that they inflate their prices based on how many beds they have sold, there for if you booked after someone else in the same room on the same day you may have paid over 150 baht extra for the same thing. Great place, but overpriced.

Awesome hostel! Very clean and friendly staff, the atmosphere is great, with people always hanging out in the common area or outside patio. There's also a full time concierge person who arranges tours and helps out with directions. The price is a bit higher than other hostels around, but the atmosphere and other features totally make up for the price!

I came few years ago and my trip went perfectly well! This new experience at Lub D was quiet different. The staff was helpless and not really caring about the guests. When I had questions about Bangkok it was hard for them to give me a good answer. Like if they just crashed in the city few days ago! The light and the PowerPoint has not been working over my bed, couldn't charge my devices during my stay! Of course I noticed the staff but nothing has been done! Definitely won't go back there!

This hostel had some of the best facilities I'd stayed in during my travels. There were loads of other international travelers to meet and the location was great for seeing the rest of Bangkok.

The washing and dry mechine need coins to operate, the hotel cannot provide coins for the guest.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • China

Location quite good, just a short walk over to the train. Markets nearby. Not a big fan of the room, aircon was freezing @ night. Staff was average. Didn't want to leave my valuables and the overstuffed luggage store. At 14.00 hrs (Check in time), they told me the room is not ready yet, just had one day in Bangkok and wanted to see something. Had to wait for another 30 mins. Some lockers were broken, not nice... Bar nice for a drink, people nice too.

The Lub d I remembered from 6 years ago was a new hostel almost sparkling clean everywhere. But this time round, on my arrival night, I was taken aback by the state of the guys' washroom--it was "quite" clean, but not completely clean. In particular, the mats in all shower cubicles were soaked in water, and the toilet need some (minor) cleaning. Understandably, I arrived late at night, and the washroom had been heavily used--but I hope things were better... Nonetheless, it's still a COOL hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7