Lub d Bangkok Silom Reviews

4 Decho Road Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Nice place. Just a cab ride away from everything and the cabs are inexpensive. Less than 300baht to the airports.

• 2nd Feb 2016

Great hostel, needs karaoke

One of my favorite places I've stayed in Thailand! Clean, secure, modern, super nice staff, good location, comfortable bed! Good atmosphere! Would have stayed loger but I was leaving home.

It's quite warm in the room during the day... And there's no hair dryer in the bathroom :c

• 29th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Lub D is my usual, convenient area and clean! Bed are supercomfy and spacious dorms. Mainly visit for this. For me lacks atmosphere in the reception/common room and too many "what happened last night" chitchat for my liking. Staff is doing their best to help but seem not really interested. No information about how hostel works or about the area. I watched a lot of people going in and out the storage without bagtickets being checked by staff. Big plus there is a common fridge, hot clean shower.

clean and modern. good internet, plus PCs for use. clean bathrooms, shelves to put your stuff on while you shower (small touch but makes such a difference). one particular staff member appeared to be consistently disinterested and disengaged when i would ask her questions and information. i wasn't one of those annoying guests who asks tons and tons of questions, so a little smile and eye contact would go a long way towards making her more approachable- some advice to her.

• 26th Jan 2016

I thought the staff at this place was very helpful and super nice. We booked a third night here due to the comfort help of the travel staff and great atmosphere. Beds are clean and super modern feel. You can party if you want or go Hang in your room that is air conditioned and quiet!!

Wonderful. Not what I expected for my first hostel experience. Staff was friendly and helpful with whatever request. People complained about the location but there are plenty of things to do within a short walk away. Met folks from day one and even linked up with some throughout my stay and hit the town together. Overall wonderful experience! Would definitely recommend to new and experienced travelers alike.

Lub D is the place to be. Maybe Silom road isn't the greateat location BKK wise, but there is A LOT to do in the surrounding area. Lub D is a perfect guesthouse for starting or finishing your trip in bkk. Wifi is great throughtout the hostel, and outlets are accessible on the bed. There is great music playing at all time which really keeps the atmosphere up. The staff are incredibly friendly and would love to help. I plan on staying here everytime im in BKK. Extremely impressed.

Some people of staff are kind and helpful, on the other hand there 2 ou 3 that is little rude and lazy. The building is pretty well projected for a hostel and the areas are very useful. The mattresses on the beds that I slept was uncomfortable, I could feel the spings in my ribs. The shared bathrooms are okay, but I really miss the higienic showers on the toilets. I would like to have power points in the lockers to leave my portable battery or notebook charging when I am out. Cheers

I loved staying here. Thank you!

• 17th Jan 2016

These guys are absolutely awesome. Very friendly staff and it was a great place to set up home base while exploring Bangkok. You will most certainly meet and make new friends, and everyone who comes through that I encountered is chill and friendly!

Great atmosphere, The staff was not too helpful tho, they have a person that is helping with tours but she seems more interested in promotion her club than helping people with other activities. There security is pretty legit , and they have breakfast and a bar so its an easy hangout spot.

Great place to party and meet new people. That was especially nice for a solo traveler like me. Rooms were really clean and the showers provide both hot water and soap and shampoo. The bar and the bartender downstairs was really cool, and I met some cool people while I was out there. Only complaint is that while Silom is a great big street, it's a bit far from some of the places I wanted to go to (Koh San road, grand palace, and Soi Cowboy) But it's a relatively central location that's awesome!

Good area to start my trip. Staff was nice, WiFi was good, pillow was thin, request an extra. On Saturday a bunch of Tuk Tuks had a party in the abandoned lot across the street from 4pm-1am...loud music etc, kind of funny.

This hostel was great! The rooms seemed more like hotel rooms than hostel rooms. Some of the few bathrooms in Thailand were the toilet is on a separate area from the shower. There is a great sense of community with fellow guests who hang out at the yellow donut bar or on the porch to drink and exchange travel stories. I would absolutely stay here again.

• 7th Jan 2016

Dear, Thank you for staying with us and for giving us your comment. We are happy to hear that you got to share travel stories with other guests and hope that you were inspired to keep traveling! We are also looking to improve our food and beverage and if you have ideas on things we should offer. Looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Thailand sincerely, Lub d team

This hostel is in a great location, is very clean, and has comfortable beds. The bathrooms are particularly nice for a hostel, highly recommend.

Dear, Thank you for staying with us at Lub d and also for your great review. We will share your comment with our team.

Lovely clean hostel with all the facilities you need. Some staff very friendly, others not so helpful. Bar staff and travel agents were great! Hostel is very close to the sky train but around a 15min tuktuk to kao San road. Would definitely stay here again!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Wales

Thank you for staying with Lub d and also for your comment. We always appreciate feedback from our guests so that we can improve on our guests stay with Lub d. If possible would you be able to share with us some examples on your experience with some of the staff who were not so helpful so that we can improve our training. We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Thailand. sincerely, tam

Standard well-run chain hostel

Thank you very much for staying with us at Lub d and for your comment. If you have more you can share with us on how we can further improve Lub d please drop us a line. We very much are looking forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, tam

Best hostel you will stay at

• 5th Jan 2016

Thank you very much for staying with Lubd. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and if you have further thoughts on how we can further improve please feel free to drop us a line. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Thailand! cheers, tam

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7