Lub d Bangkok Silom Reviews

4 Decho Road Suriyawong, Bangrak, Bangkok, Thailand

Wonderful beds & pillows. Great facilities - the restrooms, showers, community room... all wonderful. The staff were amazing and willing to help with everything. The location was good - close to the skytrain but far from the metro. Our only complaint was that the lighting in the bedrooms was very minimal and it was hard to see (we were in an 8-person room). Bring a flashlight. We would most definitely stay here again.

Best place I could have stayed for a single traveler. Met some great people that I looked forward to seeing at the end of my days running around the city. Taxi/tuktuks/mopeds right out front. Everything is close and I didn't want to be right on Khaosan Rd. Where all the action is. Would recommend to anyone. Bed was better than the one at a hotel I'm currently at :)

• 26th Jan 2015

The first floor always had a strange smell (like the toilet) but overall I loved the design of the hostel. I wish they had an elevator for those with many bags, but it can't be helped. The staff were always friendly, but did not always have the correct facts. Example: I asked if there was a one day pass for the river to visit places like the Grand Palace and they said no, you have to pay each way, but there is a day pass for 150 baht.

Very helpful staff. Location is excellent. Close to BTS and Metro Station, Lumpini Park, Patpong night market. Stayed there for two nights, then had to travell like 4 weeks, and last 2 days back in Bangkok, also booked there. I had some shopping I made the first days which i left for free in a room they have set for that, pick it up after my round trip. they didn `t charge for that. They also help you with info about the city. There is good environment, really backpaper place.

Great place to stay in a great location with a wonderful and helpful staff.

Lub D is exactly what a true backpackers hostel should be like. Amazing staff who are always happy and willing to answer any questions; sorry I can't remember most names but I remember Noey and the guy that checked me in the second time and so many other nice people. They have a sweet layout with the social area downstairs and the patio out front. Super clean, nice bathrooms and good mattresses. See you in a few weeks. I Lub it.

Great time! Especially for Bangkok!

• 17th Jan 2015
  • Lebanon

Stayed here after just landing in SE Asia, it was a great place to settle in and meet people.

Great hostel! Really clean, beds are comfy, good social areas, real showers with proper water heaters. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in over my two months in Thailand. Only downfall is the WiFi. Very slow, sometimes doesn't work at all.

Very nice hostel, very clean and comfortable and very nice staff. Unsure why it was rated the most fun hostel as there is no proper bar or bar area, but was a good place to stay.

Paid for a dorm but got upgraded to a twin due to being busy. Bonus. Can be very noisy in the lobby area at night which can be heard from the rooms. Not ideal if you wish for a quiet nights sleep. Would book again!

• 13th Jan 2015

Loved this hostel. First place I stayed in Thailand and was made to feel very welcome. The shared bathrooms are massive and really clean. Even have hair dryers and cotton buds... Luxury!! The communal areas and great too and the hostel is very social. Perfect for solo travellers.

Clean and good facilties. But too many people coming and going so it's difficult to meet anyone if travelling alone.

Lub d Bangkok Silom was the cleanest and friendliest hostel we stayed at during our two week stay in Thailand! The front desk staff was always friendly and helped us with any questions we had. The hostel caters to any kind of stay you are looking for. The rooms are typically quiet, but the downstairs bar and lounge is nice for socializing! They offer a nice and cheap breakfast each morning and coffee is free during some points of the day. Overall, my favorite hostel in Thailand!

• 10th Jan 2015

Great stay in Bangkok. About 15 minute walk from Sky Bar, Patpong night market, City Boats and metro. Really clean and friendly staff. Would stay again when I return to Bangkok

• 8th Jan 2015

Loved this hostel, very clean, nice people and really friendly staff. Also very nice breakfast:)

Thank you very much for giving us a chance to be your host...and so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will always welcome you back...hope to see you again. :) Kind regards, Wiracha S. (Fai) Hostel Manager & The Gang

Clean facilities, spacious rooms, great value, close to skytrain, great location, and FRIENDLY staff...this is the best part.

Thanks a million for a perfect score and really nice review. We are so proud to know that you had a great experience in our hostel. It's our pleasure to serve you. Hope to have you with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Best, Wiracha S. (Fai) Hostel Manager & The Gang

Good facility,but expensive for the small room and poor service from staff

• 6th Jan 2015

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't receive service from our staff as expected. If possible, we would like to know more about it so we understand the situation better and be able to identify problem thus find ways to improve our service for future guests. Kindly email details of the incident(s) to Lub d Management at contactus at lubd dot com. Your help will be much appreciated.

My first choice to stay in Bangkok! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, and unmatched cleanliness. Silom is not usually where backpackers head first, but it's a great area that has everything you need nearby. I recommend Lub D 100%.

Regardless of the overall score this place is amazing for meeting new people on your travels... The atmosphere is simply awesome :)

• 4th Jan 2015