8.8
Fabulous 1,134 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,134 Total Reviews
Lucky D's Located at 615 8th Avenue, , San Diego.
USA
San Diego California 92101 615 8th Avenue
88% 1134
32.7116780 -117.1574020
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

From the minute you walk in the door you can feel the authenticity and great vibes of Lucky Ds. The staff were friendly and helpful. I went out to a local club with some of the staff and guests. Way too much fun. Free pancakes for breakfast the next morning too! Everything was simple and straightforward. Huge place! I'd recommend this hostel to anyone visiting San Diego.

22nd Apr 2016

they were wonderful, awesome, and excellent

• lucyjanewhite
  • England, Female, 18-24
28th Mar 2016

The staff at Lucky Ds were fantastic, I managed to book the wrong dates for my visit and the manger adjusted my booking no problem. The kitchen facilities were great and the room was clean and spacious. Perfect location for downtown San Diego.

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
25th Mar 2016

Perfect location and lots of nice activities. The rooms are clean, however as there is not a lot of showers for the amount of people staying here, it can be a little bit dirty. U're fine fit flip flops though. ;-) I switched to that hostel after staying at r.k. hostel for one night and it was a great feeling.

So happy that you decided to switch hostels. We all enjoyed having you stay with us and join us on our nightly events. Hopefully you can make it back and try Saturdays brewery tour! All the best. Michelle

• agarcia11_981620
  • USA, Male, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016
4.6

If you want to have a good nigh sleep, do not go here. I could only sleep for 3 hours due to the windows open and the nice downtown noise all throughout the night.

Unfortunately there is a negative to being located in the middle of downtown San Diego and that is the street noise. We try to help by offering lots of fun activities to keep you up and out of your room and free earplugs for when you need to retire. Michelle

17th Mar 2016
7.4

Pluses are: great location, friendly, lively place to hang out. Big fun kitchen and a good place to meet travelers. The minus is that it's a loud hostel. You can hear hallway conversation, loud air conditioning machine outside window, and loud music till 2 am. Not a place to stay if you want sleep. The worst thing was the soggy bed. 2 soft padded mattress that severely sink in the middle. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about back pain. I tried stuffing the middle but it still sinks

Very happy that you enjoyed our central location and all the activities, free meals and such that we offer to help you meet your fellow travelers and enjoy our fine city. I am sorry that you didn't like the foam mattress. We also have brand new Serta mattresses so next time you stay ask us for a bed with one and hopefully you will enjoy a better night sleep. Michelle

• Mexico, Male, 25-30
12th Mar 2016
6.9

Staff super cool, young and helpful, the things i didn't like was the bed wasn't a proper mattress, it was some kind of thick pad, also the lockers were not free, you have to pay $25cts everytime you want it locked (i always carry with me a lock for this cases but can't use mine). The location is amazing, walking distance from gaslamp and trolley stations.

We now offer bring your own padlock lockers in all our rooms. Sorry that it was not available when you stayed with us. Happy to hear that you had an otherwise enjoyable stay with us.

• Austria, Male, 18-24
13th Feb 2016

Friendly staff, located in the city center of SD, organisated activities with other guests, good self-made breakfast - I would recommend it to everyone who's planning to visit San Diego or Tijuana.

Thanks for your sweet review. Good to hear that we helped to make your time in this part if the world enjoyable!

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
8th Feb 2016
4.3

I have been to lot of hostels and this was for far the dirtiest hostel I have ever been to, foot odor everywhere, no new sheets for the bed, at night if what you want is to sleep you better smoke weed or take a pill as it's really noise and people screaming everywhere.

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy yours stay with us this time around. We are so excited to have you back since your visit back in 2014, even if it was only to be for 1 night this time. We thought the timing fantastic with the large group staying with us, coincidentally from your home country. I am sorry that you did not enjoy their company and that they made sleep difficult. We do try to keep the party to the common room and offer free ear plugs to try and walk the the fine line between fun and sleep. Our housekeeping team works hard to ensure our hostel stays clean, the kitchen and bathrooms being cleaned every couple of hours throughout the day and evening. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again when next in San Diego and allow us the chance to return to your once good impressions.

• France, Female, 25-30
1st Feb 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Lucky D's hostel ! The staff come from many different countries it was very interesting to meet them all! They all are friendly, it was a pleasure to stay there! Many activities are proposed during the week, perfect for people who travel alone as me :)

We loved having you with us. It is so much fun when we have guests like yourselves getting involved and joining us in our nightly adventures. Wishing you all the best on your onward travels. Phil