Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

I have been to lot of hostels and this was for far the dirtiest hostel I have ever been to, foot odor everywhere, no new sheets for the bed, at night if what you want is to sleep you better smoke weed or take a pill as it's really noise and people screaming everywhere.

• 8th Feb 2016
  • Argentina

I really enjoyed my stay at Lucky D's hostel ! The staff come from many different countries it was very interesting to meet them all! They all are friendly, it was a pleasure to stay there! Many activities are proposed during the week, perfect for people who travel alone as me :)

Friendly and helpful staff. Would definetly go back

I very much enjoyed my stay at Lucky D's. Some places didn't look so super clean (but I saw the staff clean every day and they seemed to do a very thorough job! I guess it just gets dirty very quickly again after cleaning) and my room was unfortunately a little smelly. But all within acceptable limits. I would absolutely recommend this hostel! BTW I loved the pancakes!

• 2nd Jan 2016

Thanks for a great week. Hopefully you also enjoyed our free dinners as much as the pancakes?! Was great to see you going out with the staff on our nightly events. Wishing you safe onward travels. And thanks for those recommendations!

Very close to the airport, bus terminal, and downtown also safe. Best location ever, can't be better than this! Most of the staffs are very nice too. One of them, Gregory, even gave my parties ride to place. Loved staying in Lucky D's!

Thanks so much for your review! We glad you had a good time and that Gregory was able to give your friends a lift. Hope to see you back in San Diego soon!

Wi-Fi connection is available everywhere which is good. However, it asks to "check in" or use the code every five minutes, very annoying and silly at best(my Facebook friends already knew I checked in at Lucky D's when I did so first time).

Thanks for the good rating! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Lucky D's. We're sorry about the trouble the wifi gave you. There is a password posted at the reception desk and in the computer room that allows your to avoid "checking in" when using the internet. We're happy to hear that the internet worked well for you overall. Thanks again for staying with us! Ashley

The staff is really bored cause they stay all the time together and they do not try to include you. Really bad, don't go there, at least for a month when the staff changes.

• 7th Dec 2015
  • Chile
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I am so sorry that you felt this way. Our staff organized nightly events are designed as a way to help all guests socialize and meet one another. I am sorry that you did not feel included and will talk to all staff to ensure that they are more aware that some guests may be feeling left out. We have a really great team of people working here that would hate to know that this was the case for you. Michelle

Great place!! Everyday an other special, love it!

Thanks for the great review. I hope you took advantage of our great free breakfast and dinners. We hope you get to come back and see us soon. Peter

Decent. Worth a stay for any traveller.

Carl. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We hope you stay with us again and experience everything we have to offer. Free nightly event, our free dinners and fantastic waffle breakfast. See you again soon. Peter

Excellent! Cleaning, cheap and nice atmosphere . Pretty and sweet receptionist !!

Guillermo, We love to hear your fantastic feedback. We love to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere and are happy you enjoyed it. We hope you can come visit us (and our pretty receptionist) again soon. Peter

Having stayed at four different hostels during my time in San Diego, I can safely say that Lucky D's was by far my favourite. Excellent location, great facilities, and various activities each day of the week are just some of the things which made my stay truly memorable. Above all this however are the great staff who are both very helpful and great people to be around. 100% recommend! :)

Rhiannon Thanks for the amazing review. We love that the staff made your stay that much more memorable. We always want our guest to feel part of the lucky d's family as soon as they check in. Thanks for taking part in all our nightly events too. They are so much fun when guests get involved. We hope you can come stay with us again soon. Peter

This hostel has a great location next to bars, food, a proper downtown experience. The atmosphere is nice, can bring your own drinks to the common room and easily meet new friends. They had a free dinner, which was basic, but delicious, cant complain about a free dinner. Beds are comfortable as well. I would greatly recommend this hostel for someone who wants to know SD and we'll come back!

• 15th Nov 2015

Jamily Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review. We love that our guests have such a good time. We aim to have a really social hostel and sounds like you enjoyed that. Come back and see us soon. Peter

The hip atmosphere of the Hostel is great for 20 nothings. It's a little uncomfortable if you're older. The ceiling speakers blast rap & the decor is funky pop art, pop icon, comic art collages. It's definitely a unique place with comfortable beds and clean facilities. We wish at check-in the staff would have showed us around or told us about discounts and happenings at Lucky D's. We didn't know about the 15% off discount from Bootleggers, or even that the hostel provides free dinners.

• 4th Nov 2015

I really enjoy my stay at Lucky D's. It was only for one night, but I had time to look around, talk to the staff, enjoy other travelers company and I only have good comments. I was travelling with my boyfriend so we stayed in a private room. It was perfect! And the decoration is beautiful! ;)

Hostel fine. Clientele OK. First time in 34 years of hosteling I had food stolen. Not the hostel's fault.

The location was great, but the rooms were extremely warm. They need air conditioners and better ventilation. It also would have been ideal to have a blow dryer available in the bath room.

• 11th Oct 2015

It is a little loud at night, but didn't really bother me I can sleep through anything. All in all it was a great visit. Many people, foreign, different genders, great prices. Good to be downtown. Walked around a lot. Great staff. Very clean. Will return if I ever get back.

• 11th Oct 2015

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STAY. Everyone was so polite and welcoming with smiles. The location was basically flawless. I cant wait to come back and visit again!

• 10th Oct 2015

If you're coming to San Diego - lucky D's is definitely a place to be :) great location-right downtown, friendly staff, clean bathrooms and kitchen (which is pretty amazing when it comes to hostels) and there're different activities offered during the week like Taco Tuesdays. Thanks and I'll definitely be back!

Great atmosphere and location, facilitiesfacilities really good too