Fabulous 1,170 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,170 Total Reviews
Lucky D's Located at 615 8th Avenue, , San Diego.
USA
San Diego California 92101 615 8th Avenue
86% 1170
32.7116780 -117.1574020
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Jul 2016
8.0

Overall great place. The one shower I used was a bit small, but great kitchen & community rooms. I'd stay again.

• Denmark, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2016

I really enjoyed my stay here. Though we had a little problem with a bunk mate whom broke the bed(yes, that is possible). The only true issue we had was finding 8th street from the trolley station, since you have to walk a bit up on 5th street in order to find 8th.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
7.4

Very noisy at night specially on week end since there is a club in the same building. Cleanliness ok. Budget hostel if youre mainly in town to party, otherwise would recommend going somewhere else.

• USA, Male, 31-40
7.1

My stay there was amazing. Nothing major to complain about except for maybe one rude employee who I'm assuming works there because no one wears a name tag. I say rude because of the way he talks to people. He's aggressive and not a happy person. I wish I knew his name but he didn't have a name tag. Like I said nothing major but he should be nicer and more welcoming. As far as the front desk staff, they were awesome!

• USA, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

Paul & Hannah are amazing! Great stay! I felt very comfortable and happy. Perfect location! Great staff! Fun atmosphere! Hannah was super nice and Paul helped me find my purse! Thank you guys!!

• alysongagne6717
  • USA, Female, 25-30
1st Jul 2016
5.7

Location is great, but this was the loudest hostel I've ever stayed at. The first floor is literally a nightclub. Between music, drunk people yelling, car alarms, and jerks revving their motorcycles outside the window, I barely slept. There was no waffle breakfast as advertised, only some disappointing store-brand white bread and greasy peanut butter. Plus the hostel overbooked so one morning I woke up and two people were sleeping in the bed next to me, one of which was a man in a women's dorm!

25th Jun 2016

Great location, decent place to sleep (if you can deal with the music on the streets, but that's what comes with being in the location they are in). It could have used more bathrooms/showers as they seemed to always be in use when I was there. Don't know if its always the case, but when I was there most of the people skewed to be very young travelers, many with drinking/drug problems already. The staff was very disengaged compared to other hostels I've been at.

• rhysgebuehr
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
23rd Jun 2016

Good hostel with everything you need in a good location. Staff friendly and helpful.

5th Jun 2016
7.7

Stayed at lucky D for 4 days! It's in a great location! Lots to do and in walking distance! The hostel was cleaned all the time! To wash your clothes was really cheap! The only down sides was that the hostel was too big to form friendships, and that the staff were at times intimdating all eat together.

The staff here love to include all guests in our daily run activities and outings, which is the best way to meet the other guests, especially the pub crawl or brewery tour!! I'm sorry you felt intimidated, there are a lot of staff here and we are all great friends. Safe travels. Rinee

• Poland, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2016

I like the general ambiance (it's very arty), and the staff is super friendly. It is also generally clean, though there are a few small details that might be taken care of if possible (clean the carpet on the stairs and hall, change some mattresses as they may have some stains). But overall, the place is clean. The rooms are nice, with lockers for your valuables (bring your own lock). It is quite at night (silence required from 11 pm), so you can get a goodnight rest on the comfy mattresses.

Thanks for the review. We have taken on board your comment about the carpet and have purchased more mattress protectors to keep mattresses in better condition for longer. Cleanliness is something we do take very seriously. We trust you enjoyed your stay with us. Rinee