Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Can't fault Lucky D's at all. Absolutely fantastic at a VERY reasonable price. I've only been gone a few days but I miss the waffle breakfast so much already. I will definitely stay again. Free breakfast, free wifi, $1 towels, great location in the Gaslamp near all public transport, and great social activities each night of the week (one of which is simply free beer!). I just wish there was more than one tap in the kitchen!

Awesome hostel I've had a great time there, the staff is great and all young people. So, if you are looking for somewhere to meet people and hang out, that is your hostel!

• 17th Mar 2014

Thanks for staying with us. We're thrilled that you liked it at the hostel so much - and be sure to come back!

Lucky D's is at a prime location, near all the bars and restaurant. It can get noisy at night since there is a bar on the first floor. The breakfast here consists of waffles and cereal, not much else. Tea and coffee were available all the time. The bathroom walls have some cool colors. The receptionist was a foreigner and didn't understand 80% of the questions I asked her. That was really annoying. Some of the other staff were nice and helpful though. Overall, I would stay here again.

Everything great with the exception of staff informing of activity on night of Friday March 14th (originally to meet at 9pm) At 9pm was informed to meet at 10:15pm. At 10:15pm was told by another staff member to meet at 11:15pm. At 11:15pm was told there was no activity... Would be better if told either the activity is bon a minimum number of people gathering, or non existent at all: then one would not be waiting around for nothing to happen... Great location. Would visit again.

had a great time staying here a couple of weeks ago with my two friends, met some brilliant people too. the location is perfect right in the town and the staff are great and friendly, the staff organised the evenings well to make it much more enjoyable, especially megan jenowa and the australian girl (sorry ive forgot your name) just a quick thanks from Damo and the other 2 english guys Mark and Brad.

• 8th Mar 2014

Loved it! Fun activities, nice staff ( especially the Spanish girls and the Maintenance guy) Security is excellent, good kitchen, nice breakfast, nearby cheap supermarket and the busstops. Also nearby the Greyhound! Everything is clean and there is a relaxed vibe in the hostel.

The only problems I had were that the hair dryers just barely worked and breakfast opened later than I would want. Otherwise, it was great.

• 15th Feb 2014

Had a great time thanks lucky ds best place in San Diego

Everything was perfect. People from this hostel was very nice. I enjoyied my staying there. Also this hostel was near from my Congress.

Had a nice stay here. Free waffles, cereals, and coffee for breakfast. Great common room. Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Definitely my number one address in San Diego when I come back.

I have a single complaint, but it's a doozie. My room was directly above the Bootlegger, the bar below Lucky D's. During the weekend, the noise from the subwoofers registered 75 dB on the sound meter app on my phone. I was in San Diego for a convention and trying to sleep, so maybe an habitually drunk backpacking type wouldn't care about this. Otherwise, Lucky D's is in walking distance of the convention center and around the corner from the fantastic dirt-cheap Valentine's Mexican restaurant.

The BEste Hostel I ever stayed! I would like to thanks all the staff, you were fantastic with me and my friend Renato. Special thaks for Stephano, Pete, Gregory, Matt, Paul, Lo, Jackie (you are the sweetest person we ever meet!), Macany. We strongly reccomend Lucky D`s Hostel! If go to San diego, just go there and you will be hosted close to the best nightlife places, restaurants and etc thaks Lucky D`s Staff you are awesome!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I really enjoyed the stay. Nice clean room and very friendly staff. One may see the "only one shower per floor" as a problem but if you get up early it is almost always free ;) Location is also very good. I'd gladly come again.