Lucky D's

Fabulous 1360 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 1360 Total Reviews

7th Sep 2017

If you are looking for a fun hostel to meet people or even explore the city with a good knowlage of where to go, I would definitely recommend here. I had the best three days staying here, the rooms are nice and the staff are even better, two guys who work there called David and Max are two really fun people so Thankyou guys for making my stay so good. I was only there for 3 days but met such good people in a short space of time. Don't mess around people choose this hostel 👍

What a lovely review. David and Max will be very happy to hear that they were able to help you enjoy our beautiful city. Safe onward travels. Michelle

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Sep 2017
6.6

Certainly not bad for the price, though not really my scene. Lots of young people, huge drinking/party culture present with the staff. Location was loud and busy (gasslamp district=lots of bars) but since the place doesn't have airconditioning units, it was absolutely necessary to sleep with the windows open all night, which meant that even with earplugs, my sleep was distrubed. Ahh well. Was definitely happy to find that access and use of the community kitchen was included!

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the party side of our hostel. We do try to keep the party to the common area or out at the bars so that guests can enjoy our many other common spaces quietly. I see that you enjoyed our large kitchen, did you use our small reading room or TV room for relaxing quietly? We do now offer some rooms with AC. I am sorry that was not clear to you. If booking again please select 4 Bed Dorm WITH A/C at time of booking. I am sure you will find them a lot quieter.

• josepmiranda6615
  • USA, Male, 25-30
1st Sep 2017
7.4

Not enough bathrooms. It feels dirty. Just the carpet alone is old, worn out, and dirty. There's a pub under the hostel so If you like music while you sleep it's perfect. If you don't than it's a nightmare.

I am sorry for the noise from the bar below. They do offer our guests a 15% discount to try and improve our neighborly relations.:) We do have some rooms available off the main street with A/C which you will find a lot quieter if staying with us again. Michelle

1st Sep 2017
7.7

Nice location, comfy beds, good common spaces. Pretty good atmosphere, but I think I expected more of a party hostel. My one big concern is that the rooms where incredibly hot as they have no AC, so sleeping wasn't always comfortable. Overall a good hostel for a few days, I would recommend.

Thanks for staying with us. We have recently replaced all our dorm mattresses. I am glad you enjoyed them! I am sorry that you did not find a party with us. Did you join us in the common room or go out on any of our nightly events? We do now offer a few dorm rooms with A/C. I am sorry that was not clear to you. Just select Dorm WITH A/C when booking next time. Thanks, Michelle

• MarcusFanson9
  • England, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Aug 2017

Staff were amazing and got everyone involved in events and nights out! Great facilities and an awesome hostel! Location is perfect!

Thanks for a fun stay. Our staff loved having you out with them on the events we put together. I am so happy that we were able to help you discover our beautiful city. Michelle

25th Aug 2017
6.6

Nice place but expected far more based on reviews and the price. Things like having to pay for towels, and very poor organisation of hostel-wide events defeated the point of them in the first place.

I am sorry that our events did not happen as planned. Unfortunately we did not have any interest on our Monday and Tuesday night events. We did have a big turn out for the Wednesday evening planned pub crawl. Did you join us? Safe travels, Michelle

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Aug 2017

It was awesome and I would recommend it to everyone!

Thank you for an awesome stay. The staff had a great time showing you the city. We wish you all the best. Kind regards, Michelle

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2017

Pretty sick setup. Staff were heaps of fun. George & Brad were my favs, even though they had to work instead of coming to Vegas. They had some good yarns.

They should have gone to Vegas with you than their trip a week later. They had to get an UBER back from LA! they enjoyed hanging out with you, as did all the staff. Thanks for an awesome stay. Michelle

• dommark11
5th Aug 2017

Very good facilities, loads of spare rooms that we could relax in and the staff were generally really cool people. The ONLY exception that was frustrating was the fact that the kitchen was shut at 12pm onwards and some staff members could be very rude about it when I just wanted to grab a glass of water. Ultimately really enjoyed the experience and would come again!

I am sorry but in order to keep clean the kitchen and keep it clean for the morning we do need to keep it shut from midnight. We do have tap water available from other various locations in the hostel and are looking into getting a drinking fountain for the common room. We look forward to seeing you again. Best, Michelle

• davidpiovesan26015
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
28th Jul 2017
7.7

The hostel in itself is nice, the staff is very helpful but the rooms are without AC and there is a lot of noise (multiple bar and pubs outside) until 2:30 am. If you plan on going out, this is perfect. If you want to stay in and sleep, not much.

Thanks for the review! We offer Air Conditioning in the private rooms, and have personal fans available for rent at the front desk upon request. We're situated in the heart of downtown San Diego, and as such it can be a little noisy at night--we offer earplugs at the front desk, and the bar below offers a 15% discount to all guests. Nothing like a bedtime nightcap to help you sleep soundly!

×