Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Perfect location, great atmosphere, safe, friendly, comfortable, things organised for every night

• 21st Aug 2015

Very good hostel, my second favorite in San Diego. It can get a bit hot on the top floor, and a bit noisy in rooms near Market Street, but this is a good hostel. I think the lounge would be a lot better without the glass door refrigerator which hums and throws off heat. The rooms are clean and everything is well organized. This is very good value for the money!

This place is an absolute gem. My friends and I couldn't have been happier with our stay, we weren't expecting anything special as we felt like we hadn't booked the most expensive place. What we wound up getting was the trendiest place we've ever stayed in, that was excellent value for money. Free breakfast, drinks provided by the hostel every night, they have an Xbox with FIFA, the environment of lucky dees encourages everyone to be super friendly and it works. You shoul stay here.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The reason I rated the facilities as poor is entirely re the bathrooms. Lucky's needs MORE toilets and they all need to be working. More than once I had to climb stairs to another floor to find an open toilet only to discover that the open ones were malfunctioning. A few more shower stalls would be good too. Kitchen facilities were fine. LOVED the artwork and creative décor throughout! Friendly & helpful staff.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel was awesome! It was clean, in a great location, breakfast was great with loads of variety! The rooms were a good size, the beds comfortable and there were even lockers to keep your luggage and valuables in! The biggest downfall is that there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets on each floor, though surprisingly never waited more than 10 min for a shower/toilet!

I loved staying at lucky D's. It was my first time staying at a hostel but the rooms were awesome and the staff was so amazing. There was breakfast with someone making the best chocolate chip waffles I have ever had!! I definitely recommend staying here!!!

• 14th Aug 2015

This is nice place to stay. They are located in middle of the downtown, and you can easily get there from airport. Bus station is not that far. Breakfast was great, staffs are nice and kind. Also helpful. They have cocktatil party for reasonable price everyday. So you can join and meet new people. Room was clean but it's little bit noisy because of the location; it's middle of the downtown! You can use ear plugs;they have free earplugs in there office.

Our room was directly above a AC and all day and night so hot that we couldnt sleep. Then fans didn't work as well and when we asked if we could get new fans, the staff wasn't helping at all. The room was way to small for a four bed dorm room

• 29th Jul 2015

Great location. Happy hour for 2 hours for only $5 on Wednesdays. Some of the staff did not know much about the surroundings, things to do etc.

Good value for the price. Only thing I would change is the lack of bathrooms and showers on each floor.

Everything was fine... Bed wasn't very comfortable or sanitary, no paper products around, like tissues or hand towels. I understand no a/c, but there were no screens on our bedroom windows, which was both noisy and disgusting. I've stayed in many hostels in Europe, none were this dirty. I didn't want touch anything. Sorry. Staff were incredibly nice and helpful, building is cool, location great. Amenities could be improved.

• 19th Jul 2015

It as my first time going to a hostel and I forgot his name but he worked July 19th in the morning he as at the front. He introduced to facility and guided me throughout everything. I felt in good hands wit him

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Little dirty but not horrible.. the one huge downfall was the temperature in the bedroom. Way way too hot.

• 17th Jul 2015

Unfortunately during our stay we were unlucky and were hit with a thunderstorm which created a huge amount of humidity which the aircon was not prepared for making our sleeps uncomfortable and restless. One other comment was the toilets were often blocked/broken/out of toilet paper. Never the less we really enjoyed Lucky D's great location and friendly staff!

Really nice hostel does very well all around, it had a great social buzz and had the chance to chill for an evening in peace if that was a preference. Staff were helpful and polite and the rooms were good with a decent bed. no air con so needed the windows open and with a location in downtown it can get a bit noisy outside but didn't bother me as I can sleep through. got a great free dinner on the Thursday with chicken, potatoes and coleslaw and was also v.good with lots of options.

Our stay was absolutely amazing! It was an incredible experience and I can't wait to visit more hostels throughout the world!

• 14th Jul 2015

Well I ended up staying there for three nights in which it had an okay theme to the hostel nothing to improve there but the place had no AC so really hot. I don't like sweating inside my bedroom so that was one negative despite we had a fire alarm that kept going off in the middle of the night maybe because the room was a sauna who knows glad I made it out alive. The staff was nice for the most part although there is room for improvement in customer service the stay was good enough.

Overall great stay. Friendly staff and clean bathrooms. Found a roach in the utensils drawer which was probably an aberration. Otherwise good place. Not too noisy at night (I brought earplugs).

• 12th Jul 2015

Cool hostel, just don't expect to get to bed before 3am on weekends. Not a big deal, all in all it was an awesome place.

breakfast was told to begin at 7. But pancake was only ready after 8, if you are early than that, sorry you have to eat corn flakes. No fruit. Only one toaster. Even no napkin in the kitchen. Instructions to wash dishes were confusing, I can't think of anyone doing enough cleaning and how our dishes being washed. Things in the kitchen look messy. The dorm---beds in my room are made of wood, it's super hard to climb up! "Locker" is just room under the bed, big enough but dirty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3