Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Great location. Happy hour for 2 hours for only $5 on Wednesdays. Some of the staff did not know much about the surroundings, things to do etc.

Good value for the price. Only thing I would change is the lack of bathrooms and showers on each floor.

Everything was fine... Bed wasn't very comfortable or sanitary, no paper products around, like tissues or hand towels. I understand no a/c, but there were no screens on our bedroom windows, which was both noisy and disgusting. I've stayed in many hostels in Europe, none were this dirty. I didn't want touch anything. Sorry. Staff were incredibly nice and helpful, building is cool, location great. Amenities could be improved.

• 19th Jul 2015

It as my first time going to a hostel and I forgot his name but he worked July 19th in the morning he as at the front. He introduced to facility and guided me throughout everything. I felt in good hands wit him

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Little dirty but not horrible.. the one huge downfall was the temperature in the bedroom. Way way too hot.

• 17th Jul 2015

Unfortunately during our stay we were unlucky and were hit with a thunderstorm which created a huge amount of humidity which the aircon was not prepared for making our sleeps uncomfortable and restless. One other comment was the toilets were often blocked/broken/out of toilet paper. Never the less we really enjoyed Lucky D's great location and friendly staff!

Really nice hostel does very well all around, it had a great social buzz and had the chance to chill for an evening in peace if that was a preference. Staff were helpful and polite and the rooms were good with a decent bed. no air con so needed the windows open and with a location in downtown it can get a bit noisy outside but didn't bother me as I can sleep through. got a great free dinner on the Thursday with chicken, potatoes and coleslaw and was also v.good with lots of options.

Our stay was absolutely amazing! It was an incredible experience and I can't wait to visit more hostels throughout the world!

• 14th Jul 2015

Well I ended up staying there for three nights in which it had an okay theme to the hostel nothing to improve there but the place had no AC so really hot. I don't like sweating inside my bedroom so that was one negative despite we had a fire alarm that kept going off in the middle of the night maybe because the room was a sauna who knows glad I made it out alive. The staff was nice for the most part although there is room for improvement in customer service the stay was good enough.

Overall great stay. Friendly staff and clean bathrooms. Found a roach in the utensils drawer which was probably an aberration. Otherwise good place. Not too noisy at night (I brought earplugs).

• 12th Jul 2015

Cool hostel, just don't expect to get to bed before 3am on weekends. Not a big deal, all in all it was an awesome place.

breakfast was told to begin at 7. But pancake was only ready after 8, if you are early than that, sorry you have to eat corn flakes. No fruit. Only one toaster. Even no napkin in the kitchen. Instructions to wash dishes were confusing, I can't think of anyone doing enough cleaning and how our dishes being washed. Things in the kitchen look messy. The dorm---beds in my room are made of wood, it's super hard to climb up! "Locker" is just room under the bed, big enough but dirty.

I stood at the front desk for about 4 minutes waiting for the receptionist to acknowledge me, she was too busy texting and she never looked up until I was forced to get her attention.

It's was okay, beds are really good.

Loved the location and the room! Free breakfast, discount at local restaurants, showers that aren't scary; can't beat that!

Great spot walking distance from clubs and bars, staff were friendly however there is a limited number of toilets and showers for such a large hostel which can be an inconvenience.

Best place to stay in SD.

Really nice place to stay!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Amazing place!!! Meet a very nice persons there. Some time free dinner and always free breasfast weekend delicious waffles. I hightly recommend it!!!;)

Great place to stay in San Diego! They offer free breakfast aka toast and jelly every morning as well as free washing powder, and linens. My only complaint was that it was really loud outside due to the bars and construction work going on right outside of the rooms.