Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Need to invest in some fans and customer service training!

Beautiful place, amazing staff and excellent location. The best part is that everynight they partying and go out together. Excellent. The best place at the best city in California.

• 13th Aug 2014

value for money really good but the quality is not high at all

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Lockers in room did not work. Mattress older and lumpier than me. Fan achieved nothing. Spend most of your time waiting for the toilet or the shower. Kitchen got locked. Kicked out of common room as they don't think you should be watching TV after 9pm. Other TV room only allowed dvd's. Way too much clutter and stuff everywhere. Breakfast was ok though. Not impressed. (Been travelling 5 years)

Our room did not have fun working, it was really hot. The sheets were really really old, one restroom mixed for the entire floor, and it was not cleaned enough times, kitchen was closed at 10/11 pm. One girl from the staff treated in a bad way another chinese customer, because she did not understand english very well. I had one experience with a hostel and it was far from that. Very good for the woman in the kitchen always helping everybody.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Very nice hostel with a great staff. The downside is that it is a bit noisy during weekends being located on a busy street. Excellent value for the money.

Perfect hostel on a perfect central location. The staff was extremely friendly and trying to help with non standard traveler's issues that happen during travelling. Minor problems with wi-fi were solved quickly. I was only sorry that the hostel was fully booked for the other days, so I needed to change to other place.

A friend and I stayed at Lucky D's over comic con weekend and had an absolute blast. It was packed, but the staff was great and we enjoyed hanging out with them so much we kept extending our stay. The beds were comfortable, showers were clean, and got free breakfast and a couple free dinners. It can be loud outside at night, but that's expected with the part of San Diego it's located in and we had no problem with it. Our only complaint was that we weren't able to stay longer!

• 25th Jul 2014

Great hostel. Will return. Beds average, but Yolo. Staff were ace.

• 24th Jul 2014

I used this place for just one night while passing through and found it was in an excellent location downtown. Staff was friendly, bathroom was clean. Room was a little cramped and dated but clean and bed was comfortable. 4 electrical sockets were used by 3 others in room the entire time I was there - had to go to the common room to charge my phone which I use as an alarm. Otherwise it was a good stay - and I'd stay there again.

Was checked into the wrong room and then asked to move the next night luckily it was fixed but still. Also I'm not sure that they did put my bags in storage as they were still where I left them when I came back to collect!?

I love this place! Great atmosphere, great location, great (free!) breakfast, lots of organised events happening every night of the week. The place was really busy due to Comic Con but the staff stayed organised and professional and were happy to help with any questions I had. Definitely stay here when you're in San Diego!

All round a very well located and staffed by enthusiastic people. One tip I have (coming from an IT guy), the internet is actually very fast (65Mbit/sec download, 6 Mbit/sec upload), however the WiFi (both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz channels) are swamped and very congested. I plugged my laptop into the wired Ethernet network in the designated Internet Room and the free internet is superb!

• 18th Jul 2014

I am not sure why this hostel has such a good rating? Firstly, some members of staff working there are very unhelpful in answering any basic questions. The original four bed dorm we stayed in was the size of a shoebox and smelt very bad. The hostel is also located on top of a club that goes on until 3am, we requested to move to a top floor room although the room still shakes and the noise makes it difficult to sleep. 2 toilets and showers on each floor between 20 rooms (70-80 people). Dont stay

Our week long stay at lucky ds couldn't have been any better, really helpful, fun welcoming staff, great dinners and breakfast every morning really set us up for the day. We bought zoo tickets and rented bikes for $10 from a hostel contact. They were also very accommodating when an we requested an extra traveller to stay in our room. Would recommend all young travellers to stay here!

• 17th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel! It's located close to everything, the facilities and atmosphere was amazing. The staff definitely above and beyond to make sure it was a great stay. Sebastian in particular was awesome, he showed me around town and even took me down to Mexico which was incredible!!

Best spot 5 minute walk from the party area supermarket baseball stadium! Very clean facilities ! Great kitchen ! The only thing I can say bad about lucky D's is the wifi is always in and out not the best! Besides that everything is great !

I was given a dirty blanket for my bed.

• 8th Jul 2014

I had 2 nights in this hostel. The atmosophere were really really good and for the price it is the best. I had 2 others stays in an HI hostel and for the price, this one is the hostel of the downtown in San diego. Do not hésitate

Perfect location, excellent fun and accomodating staff, very clean and great atmosphere. Extended my stay and would definitely recommend to anyone. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Thank you for staying with us and for your positive review. We are glad you had such a great time and hope you come back soon.

« first « Prev 1 2 3