Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Very nice atmosphere. Easy to meet people. The hostel puts on a pub crawl every night if you're into partying. There is lots of free food including breakfast everyday and sometimes free dinner.

The staff was really friendly, interior design was pretty cool, and the people I shared my room with was also super nice! There is a bar right below so it was a bit noisy at nights, but other than that, it was an awesome stay here. Thanks a lot :)

• 13th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Cool place but lacking of atmosphere.

I think Lucky D's is a great hostel! It's clean and safe, and the location is excellent (near Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, San Diego Bay, etc). Also, the price is fair with good services, and the staff is great. Michael, Sasha, Anna and Gregory were very friendly and supportive, showing me many places in San Diego. Jackie is another staff member that you can always count on! Extremely happy, funny and she also prepared an excellent Thanksgiving dinner for everybody! Strongly recommend it!

• 26th Nov 2014

I thought that there is a locker in my room which wasn´t thats why I cut off some points for security. Furthermore the girls from the staff were not polite and any helpful about question. Everytime I asked them something they reacted very annoyed and I felt like I would disturb them by surfing through amazon. That is not professional.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, I've met lots of fun and interesting travelers. Staff was very nice and helpful. Michael organized and guided the group tour to San Diego zoo and Anna organized a great tour of the Coronado town/beach. Thank you for a great time!

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Ukraine

Based on on the great reviews, I had high expectations of this hostel. The beds were horribly uncomfortable, and the rooms were always to hot to sleep in! Convenient location, but very noisy at night. If you could actually get a decent sleep here, it would be a great hostel.

The hostel was in a great location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Everywhere was clean and there was a friendly and fun atmosphere. Breakfast is provided as well as dinner on certain days so great value for money. No complaints.

Love this place. Staff are great. Place is really clean. Always something going on. Free dinners and free breakfasts are a great time to meet people. You have to stay here

Great service for reasonable prices.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Morocco

great staff and location, can get hot with only one fan in a dorm room and also too few toilets/ showers

• 20th Sep 2014

Had a great time here. Every 1 was friendly. Some of the long terms guests werent really. And some of the staff werent to helpful. Seemed like little click's in there. But on the whole was a great hostel. Had a good time enjoyed san diego alot. So cheers guys. Id recommend any 1 to stay there.

Was in a great location and everything. Staff was helpful. The only thing bad about it, is it had no air conditioning which made it not pleasant to want to stay there. Sleeping was very uncomfortable because of the warm heat in my room.

The room was very hot and poorly air conditioned so they should invest in better air conditioning. They need a better system for staff entering rooms as we had a member if staff walk in as we were changing which made us uncomfortable.

• 4th Sep 2014

This hostel was awesome. really good location (they located in downtown) so that you can access any other place easily. Also staffs are kind and helpful.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Friendly staff.Perfect location.Really good party atmosphere. Lack of aircon in the room was the only negative.

I was a little concerned about the lack of AC; but I was on the top floor with ceiling fans and it was fine. I think they had some new staff that were still learning the ropes, but they did a respectable job. Since I've stayed there before, I was surprised that the bathrooms were trashed the hole time I was there. Besides that, I highly recommend Lucky D's.

Fun atmosphere and very centrally located. Good for solo or group travellers. Clean facilities and decent included breakfast. Lockers were on the small side but I could fit the main valuables. Only downside was didnt find staff very friendly or helpful

We stayed here for three nights...great hostel! Though the building is older...the uniqueness of the decur inside is fantastic! Pay attention to the little details...so neat! The staff was very nice...very helpful...very easy to take the bus to and from airport, and to ocean beach, mission beach, and even La Jolla! I've stayed at other hostel near ocean beach, and this one was much better...lots of people from Germany, but all very nice. I would stay here again!

• 18th Aug 2014

Outside noise can be as late as 1am given that its in heart of the Gaslamp District.

« first « Prev 1 2 3