Lucky D's

Fabulous 1324 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1324 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
15th Jul 2017

This is the first hostel I've ever booked and I was surprised how clean the bathrooms were, and the staff was really nice. All the artwork on the walls to the colors of the walls were pretty cool. I enjoyed the reading room and kitchen area. The downside was the evening hustle and bustle outside the window because there is a bar below the building and there's no escaping the 1am blasting music. Thankfully I slept through that but my boyfriend who is a light sleeper didn't get much sleep.

• USA, Male, 31-40
15th Jul 2017
7.7

Room was hot, even with the fan on. Cooling mode did not work on the air conditioner.

• Romania, Male, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017
6.0

I stayed in room 214, and the room was small. They hardly fit there two bunk beds and it was also so hot to sleep. When you check in if they tell you that you're going to stay in room 214 I suggest you don't stay there.

• USA, Female, 18-24
24th Jun 2017
4.0

Very unsanitary. Every time I would go to the restroom, it would be very dirty. There was no soap in the restroom and i don't understand why instead of paper towels, there was ONE towel for the whole floor. I wish my experience would have been better.

• Australia, Female, 41+
13th Jun 2017

Really great hostel with.very.helpful staff - could.do.with better lighting in dormss.but otherwise great. Lots of activities if youre interested.

13th Jun 2017

Awesome hostel, really great staff. Lots of places nearby for going out and eating, and really easy to get around with public transportation.

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back and stay with us next time you're back in our beautiful city.

• England, Couple, 25-30
10th Jun 2017

Good, clean hostel! Our 4 bed dorm was quite spacious. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. Only bad points are the noise from the club below and the soft mattresses!

• USA, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

This is one of the better hostels in San Diego that I had the pleasure of experiencing. It's a hassle free environment for the most part.. I've had instances in the past with other hostels where the staff wasn't as welcoming, the staff was on top of you at all times, and felt the need to treat people of color a certain way; which is unacceptable! Lucky D's sets the bar pretty high as far as hostel standards go. I will certainly refer other travelers to stay at this location in the future.

8th Jun 2017

Easily the best time I've had in Sandy Eggo in a while. Great value for the set up the hostel provides for you.

5th Jun 2017

I was just passing though and only stayed the one night but if I'm ever back in San Diego, I'd book here again. It's a huge hostel but it seemed like a great place to meet other travelers with hostel-wide social event scheduled every night. The 4-bed dorm I was in was roomy and clean, with lots of storage. The only potential drawback is that there seems to only be a couple showers per floor, so there could be a bit of a bottleneck in the morning but the separate toilets/ powder-room help.