Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

I stood at the front desk for about 4 minutes waiting for the receptionist to acknowledge me, she was too busy texting and she never looked up until I was forced to get her attention.

• 24th Jun 2015

It's was okay, beds are really good.

Loved the location and the room! Free breakfast, discount at local restaurants, showers that aren't scary; can't beat that!

Great spot walking distance from clubs and bars, staff were friendly however there is a limited number of toilets and showers for such a large hostel which can be an inconvenience.

Really nice place to stay!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Amazing place!!! Meet a very nice persons there. Some time free dinner and always free breasfast weekend delicious waffles. I hightly recommend it!!!;)

Great place to stay in San Diego! They offer free breakfast aka toast and jelly every morning as well as free washing powder, and linens. My only complaint was that it was really loud outside due to the bars and construction work going on right outside of the rooms.

Was not able to reorganised my booking

• 21st May 2015

Awesome hostel! Super nice staff, great events, nice location & rooms

Great value for money something on every night and staff are cool apart from one American guy who thinks he's a drill sergeant rudest person I met yet!! Why he's working in a hostel I don't know all guests felt this way

Great time. Great place. Best one in the Gaslamp/downtown area by far.

Fab hostel!

• 7th May 2015

good hostel, quite if you want, party if you need. clean and tidy.good staff.i recommend

Just stayed the one night but would stay for more quite gladly. It was a nice hostel with very friendly staff and is in a prime location. Free breakfast in the morning was awesome!

• 22nd Apr 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed here hoping for a cheap and quiet hostel. As it turns out it was not the latter. This is a party hostel. Even though it is cheap, if you're not into drinking, drug use, and debauchery then you'll probably find that your stay will be incredibly uncomfortable. Do yourself a favor and drop a little more for an HI hostel nearby.

-Very young,exciting mood around this hostel so if you want to sleep well I do not recommend.But I enjoy this circumstances fully & satisfied. -No bread in breakfast.But I liked to make waffle of myself.

I always enjoy staying at Lucky D's - it is friendly and convenient and I always meet someone new and interesting!

It is a very nice and fun place to stay in a good location. The staff is really nice and lot's of fun activities make it easy to get in contact with other people. They have great breakfast (cereals, oatmeal, bread, jam and peanut butter, waffels...). I would totally recommend this hostel!

• 25th Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We are always adding more activities to get guests involved, this summer we will be doing free local brewery tour, so come back and see us soon. Lucky D's Management.

Had a great time when they took us all out. A bit loud during the early morning, but it forces you to get out of bed which is nice.

We are very happy that you had a good time on our nightly events. We love taking guests out so they can all meet each other. We understand that it can be a little noisy out on the street as we are located in the heart of downtown San Diego. We hope you will come see us again soon. Lucky D's Management

Been here three times now, still one of my favorite hostels but a lot of the staff (apart from a few) don't really seem interested as the previous staff members and one of them walks around with an annoying arrogant smile all the time for some reason