Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

great staff and location, can get hot with only one fan in a dorm room and also too few toilets/ showers

• 20th Sep 2014

Had a great time here. Every 1 was friendly. Some of the long terms guests werent really. And some of the staff werent to helpful. Seemed like little click's in there. But on the whole was a great hostel. Had a good time enjoyed san diego alot. So cheers guys. Id recommend any 1 to stay there.

Was in a great location and everything. Staff was helpful. The only thing bad about it, is it had no air conditioning which made it not pleasant to want to stay there. Sleeping was very uncomfortable because of the warm heat in my room.

• 13th Sep 2014

The room was very hot and poorly air conditioned so they should invest in better air conditioning. They need a better system for staff entering rooms as we had a member if staff walk in as we were changing which made us uncomfortable.

• 4th Sep 2014

This hostel was awesome. really good location (they located in downtown) so that you can access any other place easily. Also staffs are kind and helpful.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Friendly staff.Perfect location.Really good party atmosphere. Lack of aircon in the room was the only negative.

I was a little concerned about the lack of AC; but I was on the top floor with ceiling fans and it was fine. I think they had some new staff that were still learning the ropes, but they did a respectable job. Since I've stayed there before, I was surprised that the bathrooms were trashed the hole time I was there. Besides that, I highly recommend Lucky D's.

We stayed here for three nights...great hostel! Though the building is older...the uniqueness of the decur inside is fantastic! Pay attention to the little details...so neat! The staff was very nice...very helpful...very easy to take the bus to and from airport, and to ocean beach, mission beach, and even La Jolla! I've stayed at other hostel near ocean beach, and this one was much better...lots of people from Germany, but all very nice. I would stay here again!

• 18th Aug 2014

Outside noise can be as late as 1am given that its in heart of the Gaslamp District.

Need to invest in some fans and customer service training!

Beautiful place, amazing staff and excellent location. The best part is that everynight they partying and go out together. Excellent. The best place at the best city in California.

• 13th Aug 2014

value for money really good but the quality is not high at all

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Austria

I loved my stay was very pleasant. I felt so comfortable there. In addition, people are cool and San Diego is so nice. I just stayed 3 nights.

• 7th Aug 2014

Lockers in room did not work. Mattress older and lumpier than me. Fan achieved nothing. Spend most of your time waiting for the toilet or the shower. Kitchen got locked. Kicked out of common room as they don't think you should be watching TV after 9pm. Other TV room only allowed dvd's. Way too much clutter and stuff everywhere. Breakfast was ok though. Not impressed. (Been travelling 5 years)

Our room did not have fun working, it was really hot. The sheets were really really old, one restroom mixed for the entire floor, and it was not cleaned enough times, kitchen was closed at 10/11 pm. One girl from the staff treated in a bad way another chinese customer, because she did not understand english very well. I had one experience with a hostel and it was far from that. Very good for the woman in the kitchen always helping everybody.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Very nice hostel with a great staff. The downside is that it is a bit noisy during weekends being located on a busy street. Excellent value for the money.

Perfect hostel on a perfect central location. The staff was extremely friendly and trying to help with non standard traveler's issues that happen during travelling. Minor problems with wi-fi were solved quickly. I was only sorry that the hostel was fully booked for the other days, so I needed to change to other place.

A friend and I stayed at Lucky D's over comic con weekend and had an absolute blast. It was packed, but the staff was great and we enjoyed hanging out with them so much we kept extending our stay. The beds were comfortable, showers were clean, and got free breakfast and a couple free dinners. It can be loud outside at night, but that's expected with the part of San Diego it's located in and we had no problem with it. Our only complaint was that we weren't able to stay longer!

• 25th Jul 2014

Great hostel. Will return. Beds average, but Yolo. Staff were ace.

• 24th Jul 2014

I used this place for just one night while passing through and found it was in an excellent location downtown. Staff was friendly, bathroom was clean. Room was a little cramped and dated but clean and bed was comfortable. 4 electrical sockets were used by 3 others in room the entire time I was there - had to go to the common room to charge my phone which I use as an alarm. Otherwise it was a good stay - and I'd stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3