Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

good hostel, quite if you want, party if you need. clean and tidy.good staff.i recommend

Just stayed the one night but would stay for more quite gladly. It was a nice hostel with very friendly staff and is in a prime location. Free breakfast in the morning was awesome!

• 22nd Apr 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed here hoping for a cheap and quiet hostel. As it turns out it was not the latter. This is a party hostel. Even though it is cheap, if you're not into drinking, drug use, and debauchery then you'll probably find that your stay will be incredibly uncomfortable. Do yourself a favor and drop a little more for an HI hostel nearby.

-Very young,exciting mood around this hostel so if you want to sleep well I do not recommend.But I enjoy this circumstances fully & satisfied. -No bread in breakfast.But I liked to make waffle of myself.

I always enjoy staying at Lucky D's - it is friendly and convenient and I always meet someone new and interesting!

It is a very nice and fun place to stay in a good location. The staff is really nice and lot's of fun activities make it easy to get in contact with other people. They have great breakfast (cereals, oatmeal, bread, jam and peanut butter, waffels...). I would totally recommend this hostel!

• 25th Mar 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a positive review. We are always adding more activities to get guests involved, this summer we will be doing free local brewery tour, so come back and see us soon. Lucky D's Management.

Had a great time when they took us all out. A bit loud during the early morning, but it forces you to get out of bed which is nice.

We are very happy that you had a good time on our nightly events. We love taking guests out so they can all meet each other. We understand that it can be a little noisy out on the street as we are located in the heart of downtown San Diego. We hope you will come see us again soon. Lucky D's Management

Been here three times now, still one of my favorite hostels but a lot of the staff (apart from a few) don't really seem interested as the previous staff members and one of them walks around with an annoying arrogant smile all the time for some reason

so fun! great activities planned every night

• 14th Mar 2015

We are so glad you had a fun visit to Lucky D's. We try and create a fun welcoming atmosphere with plenty of events and activities. Come back soon. Peter Sprigg General Manager

That was one of the best hostels I stayed in during my trip through California. I would always advise to book it and of course come back there when I am in the area next time. They are nice and help you if you need anything. It is mostly cleen and there is a really nice atmosphere!

Thanks so much for your great review. It is always nice to have positive feed back on how helpful our staff are and the good atmosphere. We hope you come back soon. Peter Sprigg General Manager

I loved staying at Lucky D's Hostel! I would stay there again in a second! The location was great because I had no trouble getting there from the airport. The staff were awesome and friendly and always around if you needed help with something. Honestly, the free food was just a bonus! I had a great time in San Diego and it was largely because my experience at this hostel was so good.

Close to everything, luv the hippie theme and pizza movie nights 😎

I had a great stay at lucky d's! Everyone was super friendly and the staff were able to show us some great nights out. One of the girls who worked there, Lisa, was especially accommodating and really easy to talk to, that also may be because we are both German. But the staff is general is very international which gives the hostel a great atmosphere

Very nice atmosphere. Easy to meet people. The hostel puts on a pub crawl every night if you're into partying. There is lots of free food including breakfast everyday and sometimes free dinner.

The staff was really friendly, interior design was pretty cool, and the people I shared my room with was also super nice! There is a bar right below so it was a bit noisy at nights, but other than that, it was an awesome stay here. Thanks a lot :)

• 13th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

Cool place but lacking of atmosphere.

I think Lucky D's is a great hostel! It's clean and safe, and the location is excellent (near Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, San Diego Bay, etc). Also, the price is fair with good services, and the staff is great. Michael, Sasha, Anna and Gregory were very friendly and supportive, showing me many places in San Diego. Jackie is another staff member that you can always count on! Extremely happy, funny and she also prepared an excellent Thanksgiving dinner for everybody! Strongly recommend it!

• 26th Nov 2014

I thought that there is a locker in my room which wasn´t thats why I cut off some points for security. Furthermore the girls from the staff were not polite and any helpful about question. Everytime I asked them something they reacted very annoyed and I felt like I would disturb them by surfing through amazon. That is not professional.

• 19th Nov 2014

Great hostel, I've met lots of fun and interesting travelers. Staff was very nice and helpful. Michael organized and guided the group tour to San Diego zoo and Anna organized a great tour of the Coronado town/beach. Thank you for a great time!

• 14th Nov 2014