Lucky D's Reviews

615 8th Avenue, San Diego, USA

Good location and activities.. But need A/C in the kitchen and rooms!

I dont have any complaint. Everything works very well there.

Perfect location, great atmosphere, safe, friendly, comfortable, things organised for every night

Very good hostel, my second favorite in San Diego. It can get a bit hot on the top floor, and a bit noisy in rooms near Market Street, but this is a good hostel. I think the lounge would be a lot better without the glass door refrigerator which hums and throws off heat. The rooms are clean and everything is well organized. This is very good value for the money!

This place is an absolute gem. My friends and I couldn't have been happier with our stay, we weren't expecting anything special as we felt like we hadn't booked the most expensive place. What we wound up getting was the trendiest place we've ever stayed in, that was excellent value for money. Free breakfast, drinks provided by the hostel every night, they have an Xbox with FIFA, the environment of lucky dees encourages everyone to be super friendly and it works. You shoul stay here.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The reason I rated the facilities as poor is entirely re the bathrooms. Lucky's needs MORE toilets and they all need to be working. More than once I had to climb stairs to another floor to find an open toilet only to discover that the open ones were malfunctioning. A few more shower stalls would be good too. Kitchen facilities were fine. LOVED the artwork and creative décor throughout! Friendly & helpful staff.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel was awesome! It was clean, in a great location, breakfast was great with loads of variety! The rooms were a good size, the beds comfortable and there were even lockers to keep your luggage and valuables in! The biggest downfall is that there are only 2 showers and 2 toilets on each floor, though surprisingly never waited more than 10 min for a shower/toilet!

I loved staying at lucky D's. It was my first time staying at a hostel but the rooms were awesome and the staff was so amazing. There was breakfast with someone making the best chocolate chip waffles I have ever had!! I definitely recommend staying here!!!

• 14th Aug 2015

This is nice place to stay. They are located in middle of the downtown, and you can easily get there from airport. Bus station is not that far. Breakfast was great, staffs are nice and kind. Also helpful. They have cocktatil party for reasonable price everyday. So you can join and meet new people. Room was clean but it's little bit noisy because of the location; it's middle of the downtown! You can use ear plugs;they have free earplugs in there office.

1 2 Next » last »