Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Hostel has an awesome location, staff is very friendly, everybody speaks English, that is a big plus for those who doesn't know chinese. Rooms are pretty comfortable and clean. Can't say anything bad about my staying, except that you should think something on iron and hear-dryer, those could be very usefull :))Thank you, guys, a lot!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

Great Hostel, awesome staff

A really good hostel. Excellent breakfasts. Hard to get to at first, but a good location, very friendly staff.

our room never been cleaned during our stay, including bathroom.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Has everything you need. Breakfast's are good. A little hard to find at first.

Very nice staff and atmosphere! My only complaint is that the food service was unreasonably slow. We really enjoyed our stay.

Clean and new rooms. Good location and nice staff. In all, highly recommend. But still there are some few points: the WIFI was so slow that it took minutes to open a website. And while I booked their website said they offered free breakfast, but when I arrived it has been cancelled, without any notice. Also I left an important message to the counter clerk, but she didn't pass it to the person. This is a very nice hostel and that's why I'd like to share my feeling to help them improve

it was good to be there a few days

I had a good time at the Luck Family Hostel! The Stuff was really friendly and helpful and the cosy common room was perfect to meet other travelers. I felt save walking alone in the dark in the Hutong streets to the metrostation, but it might not be different for anxious traveler.

Location is good, nearby subway and the centre of city. although the alley is dark and quiet, but it is safe even during midnight (you might need to do more research about the way getting there especially night). We were staying at private room. overall the room and bathroom is clean. Only things that could be improve is the hot shower is not consistent, it happened once when I stay for a week but other days the hot shower is normal. The staffs are helpful and informative. Good hostel to stay!!!

Staff we're very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very helpful and freidnly and the location ideal. Definitely a worthwhile place to spend a few nights.

• 7th Jun 2014

An absolutely great place to stay. It might be a tiny bit hard to find, but the location is thoroughly charming and authentic-feeling. The staff were incredibly helpful and it really felt like they cared even though they must deal with the same issues all the time. (In my case, I needed to put money on my Chinese phone, and a member of staff took me to a nearby shop and bought me some credit.) The hostel is well decorated, homely and there are lockers in the dorm rooms. Overall, a great stay.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Common room cute, have bottled drinks and snacks for very cheap ( ¥2 per bottle of water). Stayed 2 nights in a double room w my boyfriend, nice! Friends stayed in a dorm which looked nice and clean, had windows and all. Great location, easy to find, staff veeeerry helpful! Atmosphere is incredible. I would only have 2 conplaints: 1) the bathroom in our room stunk up the whole place so bad (rusted pipes?), and 2) security of bag check is iffy, closet w/out lock anyone can access

thanks a lot for your super helpful suggest,we will improve ourself in time

We had a great and really convenient stay at Lucky Family Hostel. Definitely worth a visit.

Good location and occasion to experiment life in a traditional hutong, close to the subway and major sites. A lot of small restaurants/shops around. Easy to find. Very helpful staff. Good housekeeping. Minimarket and tour desk. Draught beer service gave a good conviviality spirit, to meet other guests. Don’t stay next to the common rooms during the WE, if you want to sleep early. My single was 8m², with a TV set, the AC, and a good bed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast before I started my day

Breakfast is very little, could do with some fruit or something added in, but everything else was wonderful! Staff was great and even came to rescue us when a tree fell in the road blocking the way. Reservations were honored right away and made the check in very easy and painless.

• 28th May 2014

Close to metro, quiet hutong area. Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable. We were staying in a four bed dorm and it was really nice, good value for money, although the bathroom door were very loud so other guests might have felt uncomfortable, because very often we had to leave very early or we were coming back very late. Nice simple breakfast, hostel can also organise some trips to Great Wall etc, overall really nice stay, no complaints.

• 27th May 2014
  • Poland

Well first impression (ote, first day ever in china at all) was quite strange. Hostel hidde in small streets, staff had poor english, breakfest was only 7-9(note,I normally wont to be already out at 7:00already),nobody tell us where what is ad how to use it... Well from this point of state of mind the room was surprise-clean and with excelent shower and toilet. In this time I would give no more then ***o ***** above. However. my second visit had explains all above, and ******of ***** is deservd

• 25th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very cosy hostel in a small hutong street. The location is great, very next to subway. There are a lot of nice restaurants nearby and little shops. The staff of the hostel is friendly and very honest, you can always ask them for advice or help! Coffee and tea available all the time, there's also hot water dispenser!! I've been to this hostel not once and I am definetely coming back)) Somehow it is perfect for meeting new awesome people!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4