Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

For what we wanted and needed in Beijing, although very basic, accommodation was sufficient. We are a family of 5 ranging from 13 years to 50 years, we stayed in a room with 6 bunkbeds, which we paid for the 6th bed as we did not want a random staying in our room. The beds were extremely hard but as we had had a 12 hour plane ride and a 5 hour train ride we were so tired we were still able to sleep. Staff were helpful

• 10th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place if you're on a budget. 5 minutes to the metro. WiFi is pretty crappy, but that's Beijing.

The place is good, but the staff speak very poor english.

It is difficult to find out their hotel, but price is pretty cheap. easy to get to tourist spot, like forbidden city. so good location. If I go to beijing again, I will stay lucky family hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Japan

I have been staying in this hostel from time to time it's been one year! I must say for me it's still the best option in Beijing. The location is very near to subway,7/11, restaurants and corner shops nearby. The best thing you can sit in the common room as long as you want (some hostels close it for the night). They also have hot water dispenser and microwave. Good breakfast available all day long. And wifi everywhere (quite poor but in China it's normal). Staff changes quite often though :(

Place was great! Really nice rooms and bathrooms! Even supplied shower sandals which was a nice touch! We loves it! Definetly so lucky family!

This hostel is located relatively near the metro and has an awesome staff and good facilities. One nice thing that you will not find anywhere else is they have wifi available in each room, rather than just in the main area. The staff was friendly and even upgraded me to a double room, since there was still one available. Of the many hostels that I have stayed in in Beijing, this was the best experience I have had.

• 6th Mar 2015

It's a really good place to stay, very close subway station, they have one cozy common room with sofa and another one decorate as beer bar, breakfast also delicious. and they provide many additional service(free bicycle, book ticker, travel ...), even though I have no opportunity to use that yet in winter. I would like to come again if I come BJ again.

Very helpful and thr dooms are very clean and modern. Big thanks to sun! Really nice guy

The stuff are very nice n we had a warm lantern festival gathering with all others. The location of course is very convenience. Btw, maybe wifi could be stronger:)

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

Our criteria for search were proximity to the embassy area and price (since we were going just for a couple of days), i guess very friendly and helpful staff made it even better! It is a nice hostel in the best sense of it with a very friendly atmosphere, nice little bar and two common rooms to have your beer and make new friends! We will gladly stay there again next time we are in Beijing.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Positive: Great staff and excellent location, also great showers. Negative: the most expensive laundry I ever seen (3$/kg) but I hope they will work on that.

Very good location, the staff is very nice and helpful, I could arrange the second part of my vacation (2nd booking) by email very easily. The room was clean. It's the second time that I come in this hostel in 2 years and I still recommend it !

The place was a little hard to find, but once we were able to get there and know our surroundings it was a convenient location. Very close to a subway line. The rooms were comfortable, food was good and service was fast. They have two common rooms for use, which was great. The best part of this hostel was it's staff. They were all very friendly, saying hello/good morning and made you feel welcome when coming back. You felt like you were a guest in their home. They even gave out free snacks!

Great hostel ! Thank you so much every one had a great time. Staff is great really helpful :) thank you Yang

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

The only problem we had during our hostel stay was that our internet access was very poor. Otherwise we were very happy with our stay. The staff was great, food was good, and the location was perfect. Thanks again to the kind staff!

• 6th Feb 2015

Great location, staff, services and food. Thanks for a great stay!

This hostel is in a fantastic location, less than 5 minutes from a subway station, restaurants, cafes and shops, it is close to most centres in Beijing but by being in a quiet neighbourhood it is lovely to come home to. The staff are not only polite but friendly, wifi is generally reliable, the hutong plumbing can smell but there was good ventilation (and air conditioning) in our private room. It was a lovely place to stay!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

5호선 장즈종루역에서 매우매우 가까우며 직원들 엄청 친절하고 다 영어할줄 알고 시설이 매우매우 깔끔합니다. 너무 좋아요. Thank you so much Yang!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Shower pressure was bad. The room was cold every evening, needed to turn on the electric heater. There was a draught from the windows.