Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

非常棒!第一次住青年旅社感觉很好,比快捷酒店好多了。

I had a wonderful at the Lucky Family Hostel. The staff is really nice and helpful - you can ask them anything or just chat with them. The common rooms and the room I stayed in were all very clean and warm, although it was freezing outside. My bed was comfortable and the Wifi worked well everywhere. I loved their food which was not delicious but also very reasonably priced. Its location is fantastic: in a quiet and scenic hútòng neighborhood, within walking distance of many sights. Great place!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in 60+. Amazing food...like amazing and consistently made well, location is very cool (streets of a hutong, or old beijing), staff is super friendly and rad. It's just a great place.

A wonderful hostel nestled in the hutongs of Beijing. It is conveniently located about 5-minute walk from the Line 5 metro stop. There are lots of local restaurants to eat at and convenience stores nearby the hostel. The hostel is also easily accessible by taxi and subway from the main train stations.

On the other hostels they used to tell us the great spots of the city. While in lucky family hostels I have been asking for a local tip and all what I heard is go to the street and check. I think the components about knowing the city is missing

Lucky Family Hostel is located near Zhangzizhonglu (Line 5) metro subway. It is tucked away inside the hutongs. The rooms are clean. From the hostel, you can easily reach Tian'anmen Square and other historical sites and shopping districts by subway. It is also very easy to get to the train stations (Beijing Railway Station, Beijing West and Beijing South). A good location for the price.

There was a problem when I placed my booking. I called the hostel to raise the issue and the call was answered by a rude male attendant. Anyway, the problem has been resolved the next day when another staff approached me. I have stayed three times in this hostel this year, and this was the first time I was treated badly. The overall experience was a pleasant one. As the hostel is located in the city centre (Dong Cheng District) it's quite convenient to go to most places by public transport.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

It was inexpensive and very convenient being close to the subway. We stayed for a few days. Lots of Chinese restaurants close by and a few small markets. The staff was nice and we had no problems overall.

We had 2 private rooms (twin beds). We would've liked some warmer bedding since the room had only a wall heater and it was pretty dang cold. Rooms had good security and private bathrooms (though the walls were see-through). Staff were pretty good and we liked the on-site food/drink options. We did the tour to Mutianyu and thought the price was fair. However, they push very hard for you to take the cable car up which is not included in the tour. Don't be afraid to walk up if that what you want.

The staff of the Lucky Family hostel is really kind and willing to help you. The location is a little bad because it's hidden in an ally and really hard to find. Taxidrivers can not find or reach it. We had to ask for new towels every day even if we left them on the floor and used it for two days. One day we came back and our door was open. The cleaner left it open. She changed the dustbin and left the door open, we still had to ask for new towels that day.. Breakfast is good.

Bad internet and computers, nice room and shower, staff trying to help, not always successfully. Mostly chinese guests when I was there. Simple tours. Had better hostels in Beijing.

I was pleasantly surprised by the facilities. In an interesting and convenient area. I like the curtains around the beds and the lockers come with keys. Bathroom was acceptable.

• 24th Oct 2015

I have stayed at this hostel a couple times and it is a nice simple hostel. friendly staff, easy to find, pretty clean comfortable rooms. I will stay here next time I am in Beijing.

• 2nd Oct 2015

The hostel is located in the city centre of Beijing, precisely in one of the old street called hutong. Everybody who will come here will feel a special chinese atmosphere. Excellent staff and cleanliness!!! I really enjoyed my staying in Lucky Family Hostel! 非常感谢! 祝好!

• 12th Sep 2015

It is really a good place to stay.Very close to metro station and enthusiastic staff.I love this hostel!!!

• 9th Sep 2015
  • China

My family and I stayed here during their first trip to China. The staff are very nice, the location is wonderful, and the price is right!

• 6th Sep 2015

We booked a four person private in this hostel. It was very basic. The beds were very hard. It was quite clean. Depending on who was behind the desk we were either helped well, or, more often, very poorly. When asking for things to do, or asking them to point out stuff on a map we were helped almost reluctantly a few times. We had to pull information out of them. In addition the great wall tour only consisted of a bus ride and lunch, which we found quite alot for 40 euros.

We stayed at Lucky family Hostel for 1 week. It's a very nice hostel, the people are very friendly and very helpful in everything you need. The room was clean, and the shower was very good, always warm. Its located in the middle of a hutong where you see the real Chinas life. It felled very safe. Wifi was not always available.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Hard to say as we were sent to a room at the attic because the room we chose during the reservation was overbooked. Pobably we got the room where hostel staff lives or long term residents, however, the room was very small but clean and conditioned. In general it was OK and we got the discount for the change. The hostel staff spoke good English and was helpful. There was hot water in the bahroom and the place was very clean.Close to the underground station.

Personally, I didnt really like the place because of really poor WIFI. For some reason the room is extremely damp and it makes the room smell. However, I did enjoy my stay in Lucky Family because of the wonderful friends I've made in mixed dorm and despite the poor facilities, friends made everything so much more tolerable.

• 8th Aug 2015