Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

It's a really good place to stay, very close subway station, they have one cozy common room with sofa and another one decorate as beer bar, breakfast also delicious. and they provide many additional service(free bicycle, book ticker, travel ...), even though I have no opportunity to use that yet in winter. I would like to come again if I come BJ again.

I love this hostel~!!!

• 1st Mar 2015
  • China

Our criteria for search were proximity to the embassy area and price (since we were going just for a couple of days), i guess very friendly and helpful staff made it even better! It is a nice hostel in the best sense of it with a very friendly atmosphere, nice little bar and two common rooms to have your beer and make new friends! We will gladly stay there again next time we are in Beijing.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Russia

Positive: Great staff and excellent location, also great showers. Negative: the most expensive laundry I ever seen (3$/kg) but I hope they will work on that.

Very good location, the staff is very nice and helpful, I could arrange the second part of my vacation (2nd booking) by email very easily. The room was clean. It's the second time that I come in this hostel in 2 years and I still recommend it !

The place was a little hard to find, but once we were able to get there and know our surroundings it was a convenient location. Very close to a subway line. The rooms were comfortable, food was good and service was fast. They have two common rooms for use, which was great. The best part of this hostel was it's staff. They were all very friendly, saying hello/good morning and made you feel welcome when coming back. You felt like you were a guest in their home. They even gave out free snacks!

Great hostel ! Thank you so much every one had a great time. Staff is great really helpful :) thank you Yang

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Mexico

The only problem we had during our hostel stay was that our internet access was very poor. Otherwise we were very happy with our stay. The staff was great, food was good, and the location was perfect. Thanks again to the kind staff!

• 6th Feb 2015

Great location, staff, services and food. Thanks for a great stay!

This hostel is in a fantastic location, less than 5 minutes from a subway station, restaurants, cafes and shops, it is close to most centres in Beijing but by being in a quiet neighbourhood it is lovely to come home to. The staff are not only polite but friendly, wifi is generally reliable, the hutong plumbing can smell but there was good ventilation (and air conditioning) in our private room. It was a lovely place to stay!

• 2nd Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

5호선 장즈종루역에서 매우매우 가까우며 직원들 엄청 친절하고 다 영어할줄 알고 시설이 매우매우 깔끔합니다. 너무 좋아요. Thank you so much Yang!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

Shower pressure was bad. The room was cold every evening, needed to turn on the electric heater. There was a draught from the windows.

Interesting place to stay off the path. This is a good place to avoid tourist and see a more authentic China. Avoid the shared bathroom suite. There is only one an the ground level. Pay the extra for one in your room. Also they allow kids (= noise).

I really enjoyed my stay at the lucky family hostel! Everyone was very friendly and I made friends during my stay. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. It was worth every penny, I would definitely stay again and I recommend it! Just be aware that it is located in a back alley so if you are planning on coming back late at night you might want to consider this. I travelled alone and I'm a 23 year old English girl, I was fine and I felt safe. The subway is close this is good!

The location is between the Metro station and the Goast Street. The hutong is nice, the people walk in pyjamas and after five days you know your neighbours:) The hostel offer a lot of trips to everywhere but is unable to help you if you like to go to the Great Wall by yourself. The both common rooms are nice. The Wi-Fi is very slowly and not everywhere available, but you can use the both PCs. Try the hamburger, very delicious!

A very nice place to stay--nice staff, good location and lively atmosphere... Only the wifi in rooms are not so accessible...(the wifi in the common room is ok) In all I had a nice experience here

I stayed there 8 days and only on the first day the WIFI was working. There are also 2 omputers available for public use, but you can't spend too much time at them. So mostly I had to go a cafe with WIFI, but there I had to order something and so spend additional Money. Otherwise I liked the hostel. The staff was very helpful in any questions I had and it indeed gives a familiar atmosphere.

Very good location. Average rooms, but alright for Beijing standards. Nice staff and good common area where to chill out

The place was in a good location also if not really easy to find . The room was nice and clean, with lockers and bathroom inside. The common rooms were big and confortable and the prices of food and drinks were good. Beside the staff was polite but very cold , sometimes making us feeling unconfortable. The athmosphere wasn't the best.

Great location and staff, quiet, clean....will stat there again....