Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

The hostel staff speaks good english and is very kind and helpful. The room (4 bed dorm) was clean and there was enough space for baggage. The location is great, lots of restaurants close by and 5min walk to the next metro station. I would go there again.

The hostel has a good location and although I rated the Staff on average poor, I have to say that there is a girl that is really nice. We just had a few problems and some of the staff weren't able to deal with them on a professional level which is really unfortunate. In addition I didn't have a bathroom in my room and I was on the third floor and there is only one toilet on the ground floor so it is a long way and they also only have one public shower which I think is too less.

• 27th Jul 2014

This was my second time staying at Lucky Family Hostel. The directions it provides are easy to follow, and the hostel is fairly clean. I found the staff to be very helpful and patient when I was trying to reserve a table at a Peking Duck restaurant. It's in the hutong alleys, which makes for a very picturesque walk, but the inside of the hostel isn't very atmospheric. The location is great. One complaint I have is that they need to update their online info about free breakfasts. Not free anymore

On the homepage it said that the breakfast was included but when we arrived the staff told us it was just a special offer for a certain time which we missed so the breakfast was not included in the price. But the staff gave as a discount on the regular breakfast which was really nice.

This is the second time I stay in this hostel. Although the place is a hutong area (which is not clean enough at all) the hostel itself is worth a stay. The subway station is almost round the corner.

Choose this hostel if u come to Beijing,we tried a few! PRO: staff is helpful,friendly plus good English.free luggage storage,5mins from subway,in hutong,lots of cheap Restaurants around,3 bed private room: big with LOTS of plugs CON: water didn’t drain well so our bathroom was floaded whenever we showered. Told them but nothing changed. Their kids play online games on common computers which makes wifi even slower than usual.Don’t get the veggie breakfast: hashbrown=potato slices with oil/pepper

very helpful staff, worked extra to accomidate when my other hostel fell through. Nice private rooms, decent wifi in the room, constant hot water. a little hard to find, but worth it in my opinion.

Hostel has an awesome location, staff is very friendly, everybody speaks English, that is a big plus for those who doesn't know chinese. Rooms are pretty comfortable and clean. Can't say anything bad about my staying, except that you should think something on iron and hear-dryer, those could be very usefull :))Thank you, guys, a lot!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

Great Hostel, awesome staff

A really good hostel. Excellent breakfasts. Hard to get to at first, but a good location, very friendly staff.

our room never been cleaned during our stay, including bathroom.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Has everything you need. Breakfast's are good. A little hard to find at first.

Very nice staff and atmosphere! My only complaint is that the food service was unreasonably slow. We really enjoyed our stay.

Clean and new rooms. Good location and nice staff. In all, highly recommend. But still there are some few points: the WIFI was so slow that it took minutes to open a website. And while I booked their website said they offered free breakfast, but when I arrived it has been cancelled, without any notice. Also I left an important message to the counter clerk, but she didn't pass it to the person. This is a very nice hostel and that's why I'd like to share my feeling to help them improve

Thanks to the good staff of this hostel made our Beijing experience easier.

it was good to be there a few days

I had a good time at the Luck Family Hostel! The Stuff was really friendly and helpful and the cosy common room was perfect to meet other travelers. I felt save walking alone in the dark in the Hutong streets to the metrostation, but it might not be different for anxious traveler.

Location is good, nearby subway and the centre of city. although the alley is dark and quiet, but it is safe even during midnight (you might need to do more research about the way getting there especially night). We were staying at private room. overall the room and bathroom is clean. Only things that could be improve is the hot shower is not consistent, it happened once when I stay for a week but other days the hot shower is normal. The staffs are helpful and informative. Good hostel to stay!!!

Staff we're very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very helpful and freidnly and the location ideal. Definitely a worthwhile place to spend a few nights.

• 7th Jun 2014