Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

This is the second time I stay in this hostel. Although the place is a hutong area (which is not clean enough at all) the hostel itself is worth a stay. The subway station is almost round the corner.

Choose this hostel if u come to Beijing,we tried a few! PRO: staff is helpful,friendly plus good English.free luggage storage,5mins from subway,in hutong,lots of cheap Restaurants around,3 bed private room: big with LOTS of plugs CON: water didn’t drain well so our bathroom was floaded whenever we showered. Told them but nothing changed. Their kids play online games on common computers which makes wifi even slower than usual.Don’t get the veggie breakfast: hashbrown=potato slices with oil/pepper

very helpful staff, worked extra to accomidate when my other hostel fell through. Nice private rooms, decent wifi in the room, constant hot water. a little hard to find, but worth it in my opinion.

Hostel has an awesome location, staff is very friendly, everybody speaks English, that is a big plus for those who doesn't know chinese. Rooms are pretty comfortable and clean. Can't say anything bad about my staying, except that you should think something on iron and hear-dryer, those could be very usefull :))Thank you, guys, a lot!

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

Great Hostel, awesome staff

A really good hostel. Excellent breakfasts. Hard to get to at first, but a good location, very friendly staff.

our room never been cleaned during our stay, including bathroom.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Has everything you need. Breakfast's are good. A little hard to find at first.

Very nice staff and atmosphere! My only complaint is that the food service was unreasonably slow. We really enjoyed our stay.

Clean and new rooms. Good location and nice staff. In all, highly recommend. But still there are some few points: the WIFI was so slow that it took minutes to open a website. And while I booked their website said they offered free breakfast, but when I arrived it has been cancelled, without any notice. Also I left an important message to the counter clerk, but she didn't pass it to the person. This is a very nice hostel and that's why I'd like to share my feeling to help them improve

Thanks to the good staff of this hostel made our Beijing experience easier.

it was good to be there a few days

I had a good time at the Luck Family Hostel! The Stuff was really friendly and helpful and the cosy common room was perfect to meet other travelers. I felt save walking alone in the dark in the Hutong streets to the metrostation, but it might not be different for anxious traveler.

Location is good, nearby subway and the centre of city. although the alley is dark and quiet, but it is safe even during midnight (you might need to do more research about the way getting there especially night). We were staying at private room. overall the room and bathroom is clean. Only things that could be improve is the hot shower is not consistent, it happened once when I stay for a week but other days the hot shower is normal. The staffs are helpful and informative. Good hostel to stay!!!

Staff we're very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very helpful and freidnly and the location ideal. Definitely a worthwhile place to spend a few nights.

• 7th Jun 2014

An absolutely great place to stay. It might be a tiny bit hard to find, but the location is thoroughly charming and authentic-feeling. The staff were incredibly helpful and it really felt like they cared even though they must deal with the same issues all the time. (In my case, I needed to put money on my Chinese phone, and a member of staff took me to a nearby shop and bought me some credit.) The hostel is well decorated, homely and there are lockers in the dorm rooms. Overall, a great stay.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Common room cute, have bottled drinks and snacks for very cheap ( ¥2 per bottle of water). Stayed 2 nights in a double room w my boyfriend, nice! Friends stayed in a dorm which looked nice and clean, had windows and all. Great location, easy to find, staff veeeerry helpful! Atmosphere is incredible. I would only have 2 conplaints: 1) the bathroom in our room stunk up the whole place so bad (rusted pipes?), and 2) security of bag check is iffy, closet w/out lock anyone can access

thanks a lot for your super helpful suggest,we will improve ourself in time

We had a great and really convenient stay at Lucky Family Hostel. Definitely worth a visit.

Good location and occasion to experiment life in a traditional hutong, close to the subway and major sites. A lot of small restaurants/shops around. Easy to find. Very helpful staff. Good housekeeping. Minimarket and tour desk. Draught beer service gave a good conviviality spirit, to meet other guests. Don’t stay next to the common rooms during the WE, if you want to sleep early. My single was 8m², with a TV set, the AC, and a good bed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast before I started my day

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4