Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Everything was perfect; only the need to smoke outside the hostel, instead of the nice open area within the building was a minus

• 4th May 2015

I should have stayed here as soon as I got Beijing!

Second time I've stayed here while in Beijing. The first time it was four of us, in a four bed dorm and the second time it was two of us in a double bed room. Pros - soft mattress (good if you like soft, that is) - plenty of hot water - clean towels and linen upon request - fairly clean - decent selection of imported beer - a/c and heating work Cons - food and coffee are alright, but nothing memorable - water pressure isn't that good (at least on 3rd floor) - stairs are narrow

• 2nd May 2015

We are a family travelling with children and it has been years since I stayed in a hostel. The Lucky Family was exactly what I was looking for. The lady at the front desk spoke English and was very helpful with directions/questions. It was a smaller, quieter hostel that was perfect with the children. I had no worries about safety in the hostel. Lucky Family had everything we needed including excellent breakfasts, 2 very nice large common rooms, wifi that worked, and all in great location!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

the place is very quiet, staff are nice.

The place was down a hutong, which was interesting and the rooms were fine, but the staff were not very helpful and one in particular was not friendly at all, although she did suggest a restaurant nearby that turned out to be one of our favourites in China. It did not feel like we were part of the family as their description suggests.

This was my second time staying in Lucky Family Hostel. Still a great experience. The Hutong location is perfect and quiet, but all facilities (bank/nightshop/restaurants) are close by. You're 200 m from a subway stop as well, so you're connected to the rest of the city. The common rooms are great to hang around in, you'll always meet someone new. The only thing that I remembered to be better last year was the internet. Don't know whether it's their fault or just Beijing, but it was very slow.

For what we wanted and needed in Beijing, although very basic, accommodation was sufficient. We are a family of 5 ranging from 13 years to 50 years, we stayed in a room with 6 bunkbeds, which we paid for the 6th bed as we did not want a random staying in our room. The beds were extremely hard but as we had had a 12 hour plane ride and a 5 hour train ride we were so tired we were still able to sleep. Staff were helpful

• 10th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place if you're on a budget. 5 minutes to the metro. WiFi is pretty crappy, but that's Beijing.

We were only here for one night but it was a nice stay. Friendly staff, free bikes (a must in Beijing) and nicely located in one of the hutongs but still close to the metro. Our private dorm had one of those glass bathrooms, which might not go down so well with some people.

The place is good, but the staff speak very poor english.

It is difficult to find out their hotel, but price is pretty cheap. easy to get to tourist spot, like forbidden city. so good location. If I go to beijing again, I will stay lucky family hostel.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Japan

Not a bad hostel. Not really have the atmosphere in general. But it's a good place to stay in center of beijing. Staff are nice. You can put your things in luggage room for a period of time.

I have been staying in this hostel from time to time it's been one year! I must say for me it's still the best option in Beijing. The location is very near to subway,7/11, restaurants and corner shops nearby. The best thing you can sit in the common room as long as you want (some hostels close it for the night). They also have hot water dispenser and microwave. Good breakfast available all day long. And wifi everywhere (quite poor but in China it's normal). Staff changes quite often though :(

Place was great! Really nice rooms and bathrooms! Even supplied shower sandals which was a nice touch! We loves it! Definetly so lucky family!

This hostel is located relatively near the metro and has an awesome staff and good facilities. One nice thing that you will not find anywhere else is they have wifi available in each room, rather than just in the main area. The staff was friendly and even upgraded me to a double room, since there was still one available. Of the many hostels that I have stayed in in Beijing, this was the best experience I have had.

• 6th Mar 2015

It's a really good place to stay, very close subway station, they have one cozy common room with sofa and another one decorate as beer bar, breakfast also delicious. and they provide many additional service(free bicycle, book ticker, travel ...), even though I have no opportunity to use that yet in winter. I would like to come again if I come BJ again.

Very helpful and thr dooms are very clean and modern. Big thanks to sun! Really nice guy

The stuff are very nice n we had a warm lantern festival gathering with all others. The location of course is very convenience. Btw, maybe wifi could be stronger:)

• 26th Feb 2015
  • China

Our criteria for search were proximity to the embassy area and price (since we were going just for a couple of days), i guess very friendly and helpful staff made it even better! It is a nice hostel in the best sense of it with a very friendly atmosphere, nice little bar and two common rooms to have your beer and make new friends! We will gladly stay there again next time we are in Beijing.

• 17th Feb 2015