Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

It is totally valuable for the money, i paid 50 RMB including breakfast. And, we can enjoy the coffee for free all the day!!! And I really hope that our boss, Mr. Sun, will think about creating a place for the guests to hang their clothes, if someone like me, who washes by themselves.

Very helpful and friendly staff and a great atmosphere. Good value for money. Would stay again.

• 6th Apr 2014

The Lucky Family is all right, just be sure to fill a late arrival time if you don't know in advance. Otherwise reception may be brisk and/or your stay cancelled. Rooms are small and open to tiny courtyard. Location central but quiet, overall good value.

In general, the hotel and bedroom was good for the money we paid. However, our room was next to the common rooms and people there were really noisy which doesn't help to sleep. Also, there wasn't any toiletries available in the room but you could buy them from the hotel reception (there is a cheaper shop just on the main road). There was wi-fi but the signal was extremely poor so you couldn't really do much. Staff was friendly and they can speak English.

Comfortable, well maintained rooms. Staff is helpful and location near to zhangzizhonglu is great. Feels extremely safe and neighbors were reasonably quiet.

I lived in beijing for a year and was so surprised to see a nice clean bathroom! The location is near a subway but quiet. Also on the street is a school for people with learning difficulties that anyone can visit from 11-3. The hostel staff were very helpful. Toast and cereal were free for breakfast and there was free tea and coffee all day :D also free computer use and two great chill out zones (plus the extra one on the roof if you're carefully climbing the steep stairs). See you again!

• 31st Mar 2014

Very nice staff!!! And people that stays at the hostel too! Good atmosphere!

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Mexico

We had a great stay at Lucky Family - the facilities were very nice, breakfast was included,the location was great, and above all else the staff were so, so helpful. Everything I needed, they provided, whether it was a tour to the Great Wall, a hairdryer, a train booking, or having my postcards mailed. Thanks for a great stay!

• 27th Mar 2014

The hotel was clean and good value for money, i would recommend this hostel for being a good place to stay, but the location was very hard to find even with a map, and if you get lost coming home late one night and cant speak chinese, you might never find the hostel again, but other then that, its a good choice.

I stayed at the hostel for 7 nights and I liked it. It's good that they have this complimentary breakfast- it's better to go out and explore oce you have something in your stomach.The staff are very helpful with everything.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Poland

One of my favorite hostels, out of the 10+ I stayed at on my trip. Great staff and atmosphere. If traveling alone, or even in a group it is easy to find people to wander around with. Truly the atmosphere and "breakfast" are worth staying for.

The best hostel in Beijing due to It's central location, steaming atmosphere and great people. I met wonderful people every day not feeling lonely once. The staff is charming and speak both English and Chinese, and will gladly help you with any problems.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Tank you.we glad you like our hostel.and we hope you can stay here long time.we learn language every day

We truly were a lucky family to find this hostel, located on a quiet street in a hutong, but very close to ZhongZiZhangLu subway station. Nina and her team speak excellent English and were extremely helpful and friendly during our whole stay. The breakfast at reception was a nice chance to get to know other hostelers, but the common room was very crowded at times as it was too small for the number of guests. Beds and bathroom were Western standard, which was nice.

• 4th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

一切都好,員工都很棒,要是有地方晾個衣服什麼的就更棒了

• 15th Feb 2014
  • China

I stayed here with a group of friends in a 4 bed private. It was fine, just a 4 bed dorm. We were on the first floor and the window did not close very well and there was a bike shelter just under it, which means it would be fairly easy to break in. We didn't get keys to our lockers as it was a private room. The free breakfast was great and there was free coffee and tea all day. They didn't give us our deposit back as they undercharged us when we paid the room, so be aware of that!

The rooms are great--every room has it's own bathroom, every guest gets a free towel (which can be exchanged for a new one upon request), and there is an eternal supply of free hot water, tea, and coffee, along with the free breakfast of toast, oatmeal, and orange juice. Both the loud and quiet common rooms are very comfortable. The only issue I had was in staying in room 208, the morning light shines in through the bathroom window and lights up the glass door, which makes the room very bright.

• 4th Feb 2014

thanks welcome next time

The staff were extremely helpful! I loved the free breakfast and the common rooms were great places to hang out. I booked a dorm but was moved to a 3 person private room which was great. However, this room did not have a safe for my valuable items which was a little inconvenient.

this was our second visit to Lucky Family Hostel and again we were not disappointed. We were arrived on Chinese New Year very close to midnight. the staff were great and made the evening very enjoyable especially with the cheap beer! The free breakfast is basic but good and the rooms are clean and spacious. Thank you for a great stay

Average location with great private rooms. The staff don't bother you but are willing to offer help if you ask. Great beds, good value for your money.

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, and the free breakfast and all day coffee/tea are definitely an added bonus! Definitely was worth staying in the hutongs during our stay in Beijing, especially for the atmosphere of Chinese New Year. We were away from the 'city', but only 2 minutes walk away from the metro, so had easy access to all the sights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3