Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

We booked a four person private in this hostel. It was very basic. The beds were very hard. It was quite clean. Depending on who was behind the desk we were either helped well, or, more often, very poorly. When asking for things to do, or asking them to point out stuff on a map we were helped almost reluctantly a few times. We had to pull information out of them. In addition the great wall tour only consisted of a bus ride and lunch, which we found quite alot for 40 euros.

Hard to say as we were sent to a room at the attic because the room we chose during the reservation was overbooked. Pobably we got the room where hostel staff lives or long term residents, however, the room was very small but clean and conditioned. In general it was OK and we got the discount for the change. The hostel staff spoke good English and was helpful. There was hot water in the bahroom and the place was very clean.Close to the underground station.

Personally, I didnt really like the place because of really poor WIFI. For some reason the room is extremely damp and it makes the room smell. However, I did enjoy my stay in Lucky Family because of the wonderful friends I've made in mixed dorm and despite the poor facilities, friends made everything so much more tolerable.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

They overbooked their single rooms and put me in a dorm instead the first night. Then they moved me to a bigger room to make up for it, but it still seems problematic for them to allow you to reserve a room and then not have that room type available.

I stayed in triple room during 2 nights. when i was on the way to beijing, the flight was delayed so i arrived the guest house around 3 am. Fortunately, I could check in and took a rest. Thank you so much. Especially Eric. ^^ But, Only one thing was not good. The smell of the bathroom. The smell made us wake up during a night. Except it, Everything is nice.

Close to some wonderful bars and restaurants, a subway station and many local attractions. The staff were simply wonderful and made our stay truly fantastic. A total bargain and a brilliant place to meet like minded travellers.

• 22nd Jul 2015

I am really satisfied with this hostel. Their service was great. They always clean the room n the hostel itself everyday. The staffs are also nice, very helpful n honest (they returned our over payment eventhough we never realized with it before). Our room with 3 beds inside plus own bathroom were also clean. Their location is closed with MRT station. Everything was perfect for me. Definitely will go back to this hostel if i visit Beijing again.

Excellent location of the hostel only a minute from the subway. Only a half hour walk to forbidden city and about 10 minutes from nearby wanfujing road for shopping. Staff are very friendly and easy to approach. Good restaurants are also located about 5 minutes walk north. The common room provides a good atmosphere to meet other travellers and there is a good selection of beer.

Wifi very low

Since I checked in at lucky family it has been amazing. The staff will go out of their way to help you and make your life easy, perfect location in the middle off everything you will want/need to see. Defiantly one of the top hostels I've stayed in in asia

It's a nice and comfortable hostel in the center of Beijing, great for sightseeing or if you just need to get some things done in the city, at a very reasonable price.

Wifi often a problem and no outdoor space, but other than that a great place to stay if you aren't looking for a party hostel. Dorm bunks have curtains, reading lamps and multi-plug power sockets, but are a bit wobbly. The staff are lovely and really helpful!

Good location, near the subway. Slow internet

Bathroom tiny. Smelled mouldy and had a drop from light fitting

Good location just a few steps from the Metro Station in a Hutong. Staff's English is not perfect but they were friendly and helpful all the time.

• 1st Jun 2015

The hostel seemed quite dirty, especially the toilet and shower in our room. In general the whole place seemed untidy as well (left-over food in the common rooms, dirty tables, shower seemed not be cleaned ever at all). The fellow hostel guests in our room were extremely unpleasant (phone calls at 3 am, middle-of-the-night showers, fighting with each other verbally, urinating over the entire toilet, not flushing the toilet, etc.) I would not stay in this hostel again.

The staff in the hostel was great. Their level of english is great and they are really helpful. That is what it makes the best hostel of beijing and I can say, because i have been at many hostels during my stay in beijing. One of the girls at the reception (Elsie) is always willing to help and is really friendly. She knows a lot about china and delicious food. She gave me a lot of useful tips during my stay in the hostel.

• 29th May 2015

Great time

• 25th May 2015

The location was good. They had only two toilets - one upstairs and the other one downstairs. The one above was dirty and the tissue paper was the roughest ever. The WC in the one below didnt work. I needed an iron as was in Beijing to attend a meeting but, as is usual in CHina, they did not know what an iron is and didn't have one. The staff was helpful to inform me of a laundry place nearby which was expensive but fortunately solved my purpose perfectly.

Good and budget hostel, conveniently located between Sanlitun and the old center (Forbidden city, Drum tower etc). Staff is a bit slow. Rooms are not bad, but a bit small. You can keep your luggage for several days with them with no extra charge, which was great for us. Would stay again.