Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Interesting place to stay off the path. This is a good place to avoid tourist and see a more authentic China. Avoid the shared bathroom suite. There is only one an the ground level. Pay the extra for one in your room. Also they allow kids (= noise).

I really enjoyed my stay at the lucky family hostel! Everyone was very friendly and I made friends during my stay. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. It was worth every penny, I would definitely stay again and I recommend it! Just be aware that it is located in a back alley so if you are planning on coming back late at night you might want to consider this. I travelled alone and I'm a 23 year old English girl, I was fine and I felt safe. The subway is close this is good!

The location is between the Metro station and the Goast Street. The hutong is nice, the people walk in pyjamas and after five days you know your neighbours:) The hostel offer a lot of trips to everywhere but is unable to help you if you like to go to the Great Wall by yourself. The both common rooms are nice. The Wi-Fi is very slowly and not everywhere available, but you can use the both PCs. Try the hamburger, very delicious!

A very nice place to stay--nice staff, good location and lively atmosphere... Only the wifi in rooms are not so accessible...(the wifi in the common room is ok) In all I had a nice experience here

I stayed there 8 days and only on the first day the WIFI was working. There are also 2 omputers available for public use, but you can't spend too much time at them. So mostly I had to go a cafe with WIFI, but there I had to order something and so spend additional Money. Otherwise I liked the hostel. The staff was very helpful in any questions I had and it indeed gives a familiar atmosphere.

Very good location. Average rooms, but alright for Beijing standards. Nice staff and good common area where to chill out

The place was in a good location also if not really easy to find . The room was nice and clean, with lockers and bathroom inside. The common rooms were big and confortable and the prices of food and drinks were good. Beside the staff was polite but very cold , sometimes making us feeling unconfortable. The athmosphere wasn't the best.

Great location and staff, quiet, clean....will stat there again....

I was mostly disappointed of the tour they offered which was very over priced and not guided as written.

Easy to find and located in an interesting hutong. However, the private double we had definitely felt a bit dumpy, and the poor shower drainage meant that the bathroom always smelled a bit badly. Also, the internet wifi was very weak the entire time. The staff were helpful and spoke some English but not always great. It's definitely an ok place to stay but we didn't love it. Plus, we're now staying at a place in Xian that has way nicer rooms for slightly less money.

The facilities were exactly what I expected for 130 yuan, small without a lot of amenities. However, the staff more than made up for that. I have stayed in many different hostels in China and the English spoken at this one was by far the best. They also had some pretty nice freebies that they gave if you had a room, such as coffee and bike rides. Overall it was a decent hostel for a very low price.

• 7th Sep 2014

A very nice little oasis hangout. We had a very pleassant stay and will stay their again when going to Beijing. On the downside the shower was not very clean and the mattresses was of different thickness and quality. If you were lucky you got a thick nice matress but if unlucky you got a very thin one which made the nightsleep less comfy. Overall I have to say this is a very nice place though and the standards are good seen to what You can expect in China.

The staff is very helpful and can speak English quite well. A wide range of services are also available, which is great.

Nice and helpful staff. Close to the metro and with many restaurants, fruit shops and bakery around

Great and lovely Hostel, good area and nice staff- they do really try to help you. They have nice offers and tours, the common areas are comfortable and the mixture of guests was good. LFH makes your stay in Beijing really nice.

I had an amazing time at Lucky Family Hostel. The location was really awesome, and it was a lot cleaner than what I expected. The staffs were helpful too. I would definitely stay here again if I get to go to China in the future!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel staff speaks good english and is very kind and helpful. The room (4 bed dorm) was clean and there was enough space for baggage. The location is great, lots of restaurants close by and 5min walk to the next metro station. I would go there again.

When I booked this hostel, I was told breakfast was included, and it wasn't. That definitely colours my feelings towards this hostel. However, the staff were very helpful, spoke excellent English, the rooms were clean, if a little drab and worn, and the food (which we paid extra for) was good.

Friendly and helpful staff, and comfortable clean accommodation with complete facilities. In a very nice and convenient part of town for money changing, subways and shopping, all touristy things.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel has a good location and although I rated the Staff on average poor, I have to say that there is a girl that is really nice. We just had a few problems and some of the staff weren't able to deal with them on a professional level which is really unfortunate. In addition I didn't have a bathroom in my room and I was on the third floor and there is only one toilet on the ground floor so it is a long way and they also only have one public shower which I think is too less.

• 27th Jul 2014