• No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China
8.7
Fabulous 808 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 808 Total Reviews
Lucky Family Hostel Located at No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing.
China
Beijing 100010 No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District
87% 808
39.9356546 116.4197802
    Rooms available

10th May 2016
7.7

This place was just fine. It's location, while central in the city, was tucked down a few alleys and didn't feel particularly safe. The room was cramped and wifi didn't really work except in Lobby area.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2016
7.7

I had a lovely stay at Lucky Family Hostel, my room was clean and cosy. The staff were lovely, friendly and kind and always willing to lend a helping hand. The food served at the bar was good (albiet a bit slow) . The directions on the website are excellent. When I stayed the hostel was very quiet - not somewhere to stay if you're looking for a rowdy hostel experience. One thing I would recommend if staying here: get an ensuite bathroom as there is only one shared shower and only two toilets.

25th Apr 2016
8.0

I had no problems at this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us 1 free drink ticket which I never got around to using. The location was good and the directions were easy to follow so it was easy to find. The only problem we had was the bathroom never really dried after we took a shower. The room was just humid and there was a puddle in the bathroom. All things considered, I would stay here again.

25th Apr 2016
6.6

I like the location, in a nicely authentic hutong, but the building itself was pretty cramped, with TV constantly on in one of the (small) common rooms. Staff were friendly enough, but their English was mostly so-so, limiting what they were able to help with. Security-wise, i guess okay, though the locker I was supposed to use was broken. It's a decent place with potential, but I've stayed in nicer places.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2016

Very nice place to stay for a few days while visiting Beijing. Five minute walk to the metro, which makes it convenient to get anywhere. Friendly staff, nice common room areas. If you stay in the top bunk the beds are a bit shaky, so just choose a bottom bunk if you're afraid of heights. The room was clean but could have been cleaned more regularly I think. The wifi was alright but your VPN will most likely not work (maybe they are stricter in Beijing)

• Wales, Couple, 25-30
13th Apr 2016

This is definitely a no-frills hostel, but we loved it! Helpful and friendly English-speaking staff (especially the brilliant Balon), combined with an ideal hutong location close to Zhangzhizonglu subway station, made this the perfect place to explore Beijing. Our private room was decent and cheap: food and drink were good value, and we met an interesting mix of people here. My only recommendation would be a bigger common room, but other than that, it was fab! Thanks guys- highly recommended.

• Taiwan, Female, 25-30
20th Mar 2016

It was really nice to stay at this hostel,with great service and great staff. Hope to see you again!

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2016

Really happy with my stay at the Lucky Family Hostel again. I stayed here twice last year and thought I'd return again. Always really friendly staff, good menu and good location. I also took one of their tours and it was really good!! Really pleased. If i return to Beijing again I will definatly be staying here!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2016

I had a wonderful time here, staff were lovely and very helpful. Food was great in the hostel.

• dsy