Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Great location and staff, quiet, clean....will stat there again....

it was a very bad hostel to arrive to. we chose the hostel based on good review score it got at hostelworld.com however this rating was highly unworthy of. the staff was horrible in their attitude toward us, they were unhelpful and their prices of trips are over priced and not accurate in description of what you get in it thus you ending paying extras. the food is not so good there. the showers are extremely dirty. taxi's doesn't enter this hutong. it was the worst hostel we visited in china.

• 21st Sep 2014
  • Israel

I was mostly disappointed of the tour they offered which was very over priced and not guided as written.

Easy to find and located in an interesting hutong. However, the private double we had definitely felt a bit dumpy, and the poor shower drainage meant that the bathroom always smelled a bit badly. Also, the internet wifi was very weak the entire time. The staff were helpful and spoke some English but not always great. It's definitely an ok place to stay but we didn't love it. Plus, we're now staying at a place in Xian that has way nicer rooms for slightly less money.

The facilities were exactly what I expected for 130 yuan, small without a lot of amenities. However, the staff more than made up for that. I have stayed in many different hostels in China and the English spoken at this one was by far the best. They also had some pretty nice freebies that they gave if you had a room, such as coffee and bike rides. Overall it was a decent hostel for a very low price.

• 7th Sep 2014

A very nice little oasis hangout. We had a very pleassant stay and will stay their again when going to Beijing. On the downside the shower was not very clean and the mattresses was of different thickness and quality. If you were lucky you got a thick nice matress but if unlucky you got a very thin one which made the nightsleep less comfy. Overall I have to say this is a very nice place though and the standards are good seen to what You can expect in China.

The staff is very helpful and can speak English quite well. A wide range of services are also available, which is great.

Nice and helpful staff. Close to the metro and with many restaurants, fruit shops and bakery around

Great and lovely Hostel, good area and nice staff- they do really try to help you. They have nice offers and tours, the common areas are comfortable and the mixture of guests was good. LFH makes your stay in Beijing really nice.

I had an amazing time at Lucky Family Hostel. The location was really awesome, and it was a lot cleaner than what I expected. The staffs were helpful too. I would definitely stay here again if I get to go to China in the future!

• 20th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

The hostel staff speaks good english and is very kind and helpful. The room (4 bed dorm) was clean and there was enough space for baggage. The location is great, lots of restaurants close by and 5min walk to the next metro station. I would go there again.

When I booked this hostel, I was told breakfast was included, and it wasn't. That definitely colours my feelings towards this hostel. However, the staff were very helpful, spoke excellent English, the rooms were clean, if a little drab and worn, and the food (which we paid extra for) was good.

Friendly and helpful staff, and comfortable clean accommodation with complete facilities. In a very nice and convenient part of town for money changing, subways and shopping, all touristy things.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel has a good location and although I rated the Staff on average poor, I have to say that there is a girl that is really nice. We just had a few problems and some of the staff weren't able to deal with them on a professional level which is really unfortunate. In addition I didn't have a bathroom in my room and I was on the third floor and there is only one toilet on the ground floor so it is a long way and they also only have one public shower which I think is too less.

• 27th Jul 2014

This was my second time staying at Lucky Family Hostel. The directions it provides are easy to follow, and the hostel is fairly clean. I found the staff to be very helpful and patient when I was trying to reserve a table at a Peking Duck restaurant. It's in the hutong alleys, which makes for a very picturesque walk, but the inside of the hostel isn't very atmospheric. The location is great. One complaint I have is that they need to update their online info about free breakfasts. Not free anymore

On the homepage it said that the breakfast was included but when we arrived the staff told us it was just a special offer for a certain time which we missed so the breakfast was not included in the price. But the staff gave as a discount on the regular breakfast which was really nice.

This is the second time I stay in this hostel. Although the place is a hutong area (which is not clean enough at all) the hostel itself is worth a stay. The subway station is almost round the corner.

Choose this hostel if u come to Beijing,we tried a few! PRO: staff is helpful,friendly plus good English.free luggage storage,5mins from subway,in hutong,lots of cheap Restaurants around,3 bed private room: big with LOTS of plugs CON: water didn’t drain well so our bathroom was floaded whenever we showered. Told them but nothing changed. Their kids play online games on common computers which makes wifi even slower than usual.Don’t get the veggie breakfast: hashbrown=potato slices with oil/pepper

very helpful staff, worked extra to accomidate when my other hostel fell through. Nice private rooms, decent wifi in the room, constant hot water. a little hard to find, but worth it in my opinion.

Hostel has an awesome location, staff is very friendly, everybody speaks English, that is a big plus for those who doesn't know chinese. Rooms are pretty comfortable and clean. Can't say anything bad about my staying, except that you should think something on iron and hear-dryer, those could be very usefull :))Thank you, guys, a lot!

• 6th Jul 2014