Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Breakfast is very little, could do with some fruit or something added in, but everything else was wonderful! Staff was great and even came to rescue us when a tree fell in the road blocking the way. Reservations were honored right away and made the check in very easy and painless.

• 28th May 2014

Close to metro, quiet hutong area. Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable. We were staying in a four bed dorm and it was really nice, good value for money, although the bathroom door were very loud so other guests might have felt uncomfortable, because very often we had to leave very early or we were coming back very late. Nice simple breakfast, hostel can also organise some trips to Great Wall etc, overall really nice stay, no complaints.

Well first impression (ote, first day ever in china at all) was quite strange. Hostel hidde in small streets, staff had poor english, breakfest was only 7-9(note,I normally wont to be already out at 7:00already),nobody tell us where what is ad how to use it... Well from this point of state of mind the room was surprise-clean and with excelent shower and toilet. In this time I would give no more then ***o ***** above. However. my second visit had explains all above, and ******of ***** is deservd

• 25th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very cosy hostel in a small hutong street. The location is great, very next to subway. There are a lot of nice restaurants nearby and little shops. The staff of the hostel is friendly and very honest, you can always ask them for advice or help! Coffee and tea available all the time, there's also hot water dispenser!! I've been to this hostel not once and I am definetely coming back)) Somehow it is perfect for meeting new awesome people!!

Clean facilities, friendly/helpful staff (spoke good English!), reasonably priced tours, free breakfast/tea and coffee all day - handy after a day's sightseeing! Excellent location - very close to metro. However, in our twin room, the bathroom had smoked glass walls and was in the bedroom rather than in a separate room. This meant there was little privacy! Also a bit difficult to find as the taxi dropped us at the opposite end of the hutong and the hostel's directions did not include this info.

Great hostel.

Awesome location in a nice hutong. Friendly and very nice staff. Hostel with good facilities and a nice breakfast. 10min from center on the subway. Close to supermarkets and nice restaurants. I only missed a little fridge on the room to storage some cool drinks, since it is really hot in Beijing during Summer! But the place is excellent value for money!

This Hostel's location was excellent most of all. Great staying!!

• 19th May 2014
  • South Korea

Nice place to stay neer metro!

While the staff are super knowledgeable and friendly, the paper thin walls of the hostel were a definitely minus. I did not sleep the entire night due to the loud sounds of someone's TV, about 10 different voices speaking 5 different languages, and what sounds like an outdoor party all flowing into my room. DEFINITE MINUS. I would not choose to stay here again. Also the shower did not have good pressure and there was no hot water. Would not recommend this hostel.

The common room is all the different guests to taking and drinking, we just can say: Please quite and the other already sleep. we can not say :don't talk and go to bed ... like kind of words. The shower is work well at room, if have problem, we can solve anytime. You just stay here one night, maybe you didn't know our hostel very well. Please do not say here is bad, We are very gald to see you next time,also hope you have good time at our hostel.

I've stayed in this hostel two twice, two years apart. Once was for several days, and the other for just one night while waiting for a plane. Both times the hostel's English speaking staff was friendly and very helpful. They have someone at reception 24hrs a day,a nice social room with free computers for using the internet, two-for-one beer prices, and free breakfast. The location is a few minutes walk from the subway through a hutong--very easy to get to. It's very clean. What's not to like?

Very, very helpful staff, enjoyed the stay.

Location is perfect, really close to the subway and in walking distance from the main attractions. However, I would not recommend to pay (50 yuan/person more) for a private room, because my double private room looked worse than the 4-bed dorm my friends stayed in, it was in the backyard, on the ground floor, its window looking at a strange stairway, with a really stinky bathroom. The free breakfast is amazing though, toast, jam, oatmeal, coffee, tea, milk as much as you want!

Nice and chilled place to stay. Close to Subway, included breakfast is nice. Unfortunately sometimes weak Wifi. Enjoy your stay there!!

The location is excellent. The staff is very professionell, service minded , very friendly and speaks excellent English. The cleanliness is also very good. The single I hade was to small but the value for Money is excellent. The Lucky family Hostel will by my first option the next time I return to Beijin. Highly recommended !

I had a great time here!

• 3rd May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and we felt that the rooms were good value. The amenities were slightly overpriced (bike rentals, laundry, etc.), but that is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Whenever we needed something the staff was polite, conscientious and expedient. Best of all, the beer was cheap and plentiful!

Rooms are clean and air conditioned. No mosquitoes. Showers in room (4 bed dorm) were OK. Nothing to shout about. Toilet and sink. Gets the job done. Common room was OK. Computers aren't great, nor is the internet. But if you're in Beijing, you're not really their to sit on a computer. Wi-Fi was good. Staff were excellent and very helpful. Nice Beijing beer on tap. Tourist facilities (tour bookings) were excellent. Perfect for short-stay travellers. 8/10.

• 30th Apr 2014

Although somewhat difficult to find, this hostel had very nice facilities. The staff was friendly and helpful and it was easy to reach popular attractions from the hostel. Plenty of nearby food options and a quiet neighborhood setting.

• 28th Apr 2014

+Staff was extremely friendly and helpful +Free breakfast was delicious +Rooms were clean and kept clean by staff +Atmosphere was great and lovely +Rooms were clean and surprisingly quiet -We had to change rooms for an unknown reason, which was a little inconvenient, but not awful