Lucky Family Hostel Reviews

No. 12 Xinsi Hutong, Dongsi Shier Tiao, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

An absolutely great place to stay. It might be a tiny bit hard to find, but the location is thoroughly charming and authentic-feeling. The staff were incredibly helpful and it really felt like they cared even though they must deal with the same issues all the time. (In my case, I needed to put money on my Chinese phone, and a member of staff took me to a nearby shop and bought me some credit.) The hostel is well decorated, homely and there are lockers in the dorm rooms. Overall, a great stay.

• 6th Jun 2014

Great hostel! Common room cute, have bottled drinks and snacks for very cheap ( ¥2 per bottle of water). Stayed 2 nights in a double room w my boyfriend, nice! Friends stayed in a dorm which looked nice and clean, had windows and all. Great location, easy to find, staff veeeerry helpful! Atmosphere is incredible. I would only have 2 conplaints: 1) the bathroom in our room stunk up the whole place so bad (rusted pipes?), and 2) security of bag check is iffy, closet w/out lock anyone can access

thanks a lot for your super helpful suggest,we will improve ourself in time

We had a great and really convenient stay at Lucky Family Hostel. Definitely worth a visit.

Good location and occasion to experiment life in a traditional hutong, close to the subway and major sites. A lot of small restaurants/shops around. Easy to find. Very helpful staff. Good housekeeping. Minimarket and tour desk. Draught beer service gave a good conviviality spirit, to meet other guests. Don’t stay next to the common rooms during the WE, if you want to sleep early. My single was 8m², with a TV set, the AC, and a good bed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast before I started my day

Breakfast is very little, could do with some fruit or something added in, but everything else was wonderful! Staff was great and even came to rescue us when a tree fell in the road blocking the way. Reservations were honored right away and made the check in very easy and painless.

• 28th May 2014

Close to metro, quiet hutong area. Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms are clean, comfortable. We were staying in a four bed dorm and it was really nice, good value for money, although the bathroom door were very loud so other guests might have felt uncomfortable, because very often we had to leave very early or we were coming back very late. Nice simple breakfast, hostel can also organise some trips to Great Wall etc, overall really nice stay, no complaints.

Well first impression (ote, first day ever in china at all) was quite strange. Hostel hidde in small streets, staff had poor english, breakfest was only 7-9(note,I normally wont to be already out at 7:00already),nobody tell us where what is ad how to use it... Well from this point of state of mind the room was surprise-clean and with excelent shower and toilet. In this time I would give no more then ***o ***** above. However. my second visit had explains all above, and ******of ***** is deservd

• 25th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

Very cosy hostel in a small hutong street. The location is great, very next to subway. There are a lot of nice restaurants nearby and little shops. The staff of the hostel is friendly and very honest, you can always ask them for advice or help! Coffee and tea available all the time, there's also hot water dispenser!! I've been to this hostel not once and I am definetely coming back)) Somehow it is perfect for meeting new awesome people!!

Clean facilities, friendly/helpful staff (spoke good English!), reasonably priced tours, free breakfast/tea and coffee all day - handy after a day's sightseeing! Excellent location - very close to metro. However, in our twin room, the bathroom had smoked glass walls and was in the bedroom rather than in a separate room. This meant there was little privacy! Also a bit difficult to find as the taxi dropped us at the opposite end of the hutong and the hostel's directions did not include this info.

Great hostel.

Awesome location in a nice hutong. Friendly and very nice staff. Hostel with good facilities and a nice breakfast. 10min from center on the subway. Close to supermarkets and nice restaurants. I only missed a little fridge on the room to storage some cool drinks, since it is really hot in Beijing during Summer! But the place is excellent value for money!

This Hostel's location was excellent most of all. Great staying!!

• 19th May 2014
  • South Korea

Nice place to stay neer metro!

While the staff are super knowledgeable and friendly, the paper thin walls of the hostel were a definitely minus. I did not sleep the entire night due to the loud sounds of someone's TV, about 10 different voices speaking 5 different languages, and what sounds like an outdoor party all flowing into my room. DEFINITE MINUS. I would not choose to stay here again. Also the shower did not have good pressure and there was no hot water. Would not recommend this hostel.

The common room is all the different guests to taking and drinking, we just can say: Please quite and the other already sleep. we can not say :don't talk and go to bed ... like kind of words. The shower is work well at room, if have problem, we can solve anytime. You just stay here one night, maybe you didn't know our hostel very well. Please do not say here is bad, We are very gald to see you next time,also hope you have good time at our hostel.

I've stayed in this hostel two twice, two years apart. Once was for several days, and the other for just one night while waiting for a plane. Both times the hostel's English speaking staff was friendly and very helpful. They have someone at reception 24hrs a day,a nice social room with free computers for using the internet, two-for-one beer prices, and free breakfast. The location is a few minutes walk from the subway through a hutong--very easy to get to. It's very clean. What's not to like?

Very, very helpful staff, enjoyed the stay.

Location is perfect, really close to the subway and in walking distance from the main attractions. However, I would not recommend to pay (50 yuan/person more) for a private room, because my double private room looked worse than the 4-bed dorm my friends stayed in, it was in the backyard, on the ground floor, its window looking at a strange stairway, with a really stinky bathroom. The free breakfast is amazing though, toast, jam, oatmeal, coffee, tea, milk as much as you want!

Nice and chilled place to stay. Close to Subway, included breakfast is nice. Unfortunately sometimes weak Wifi. Enjoy your stay there!!

The location is excellent. The staff is very professionell, service minded , very friendly and speaks excellent English. The cleanliness is also very good. The single I hade was to small but the value for Money is excellent. The Lucky family Hostel will by my first option the next time I return to Beijin. Highly recommended !

I had a great time here!

• 3rd May 2014